• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
hey guys im new here. am i not able to play this beta? i downloaded everything but i get an error message when i click patch

When you patch it, check the 'Notify' or 'Ignore' option instead of 'Abort'. There you go. :) That usually happens because of where you got the ROM from, or maybe what version it is. NP tho.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2020
Very nice game. i'd love to play it. but to patch it i need the emerald.gba file but i can't seem to find a download for that file anywhere. somebody please help.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Very nice game. i'd love to play it. but to patch it i need the emerald.gba file but i can't seem to find a download for that file anywhere. somebody please help.

If you are still having troubles patching, you may contact us by clicking: here to talk to us on our IRC channel.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
I think I've finished Beta 1 (defeated Alastair?), and it's really good so far!! Good job!

A couple of questions though; firstly is there any way to store my Pokemon at this point seeing as that shop is unavailable now?
And secondly, was there anything of note I should have found in the city hall(?) where Skuth is found other than a locked door?
Also, I don't know if this in intentional, but I can no longer go up towards the labyrinth, or down into the forest, Argyle Cave works fine though.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
I think I've finished Beta 1 (defeated Alastair?), and it's really good so far!! Good job!

A couple of questions though; firstly is there any way to store my Pokemon at this point seeing as that shop is unavailable now?
And secondly, was there anything of note I should have found in the city hall(?) where Skuth is found other than a locked door?
Also, I don't know if this in intentional, but I can no longer go up towards the labyrinth, or down into the forest, Argyle Cave works fine though.

There's a talisman fragment event in korowai hall that is required to be completed in order to do the future talisman fragment events associated with that specific talisman fragment.

You will be able to store Pokemon in beta 2 per a shelf system via the old lady (she'll be both in later towns) as for beta 1, there's no place after dead berry. The labyrinth thing is a no, forest path 4 should be there but I can fix it to where both are accessible.. If you didn't get a chance to, too late to find bulbasaur which was in the tall grass outside the tea shop!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
There's a talisman fragment event in korowai hall that is required to be completed in order to do the future talisman fragment events associated with that specific talisman fragment.

Well that was confusing, so many 'talisman fragments'! Is it available to do now? And if so, was it that girl who made the screen go glitchy for like a second?

You will be able to store Pokemon in beta 2 per a shelf system via the old lady (she'll be both in later towns) as for beta 1, there's no place after dead berry. The labyrinth thing is a no, forest path 4 should be there but I can fix it to where both are accessible.. If you didn't get a chance to, too late to find bulbasaur which was in the tall grass outside the tea shop!

Ah okay! Guess I'll just have to take a break until beta 2 rather than try to level all my pokes. Thank you for your reply! But damn, I missed out on Bulba, ah well he's not that awesome.

Le pug

Years
Well that was confusing, so many 'talisman fragments'! Is it available to do now? And if so, was it that girl who made the screen go glitchy for like a second?

Ah okay! Guess I'll just have to take a break until beta 2 rather than try to level all my pokes. Thank you for your reply! But damn, I missed out on Bulba, ah well he's not that awesome.

It is available now and no, it's not the girl. That girl was actually a bug in your version. If you had played the fixed version, when you clicked the girl it would've looked like a face not that buggy looking map thing lol. But when you fight the rattatas in the korowai hall thats the event I'm talking about.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2015
Does anyone have a correct emerald rom for patching? No matter what one I attempt to patch, it always fails, so I'd love a link to one that's worked for someone else.

Le pug

Years
Does anyone have a correct emerald rom for patching? No matter what one I attempt to patch, it always fails, so I'd love a link to one that's worked for someone else.

Can't link ROMs on PC. If you need guidance though, on the first page of this thread is a link to an instant chat and I can help you out on there.

Le pug

Years
Just to give everyone an update:

In about a week I'll be releasing the next patch will fix various bugs, fully implement the LoW box in each LoW event, and most importantly, the secret path north of Forest Path 3 will be finished and accessible! Great events are to occur in that area : )

Back