• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Awesome looking hack. Certainly one I'm going to try out. I'm assuming there is no custom music. Is there is that is awesome. If there isn't I think you should try some. Either it looks great. You should be really pleased.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Awesome looking hack. Certainly one I'm going to try out. I'm assuming there is no custom music. Is there is that is awesome. If there isn't I think you should try some. Either it looks great. You should be really pleased.

There are 6 custom tracks as of right now, two which didn't make Beta 1. They are reserved for Beta 2

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Hi, I have played your hack, and I have to say it is one of the best i have ever played.
I played it as nuzlocke, and I lost it on Berry City (I think this was the name), fighting against the boss on the south forest.
So, once lost the nuzlock, I continue it playing normally, beating (and killing >: D him)
The pokemon distribution, soundtracks, pokemon and trainer levels, graphs, storylane and maps are... PERFECT.
I played it without farming, without losting on each trainer, and it was a really good experience.
The hack impressed me, for now, u have a new follower on the hacking world.

Now, i'm gonna tell some things which can be better:
qtV4wO1.png

On that place, i can't remember who, but a man with hat speak with u. (after arriving the first town).
The man crosses the tree which is placed on the top right.
(Is only one more applymovement to move him to the right a block)

ctonMNM.png

Here, u can see a bug who appears just getting out of that house.
The screen is failing less than a second, but i want to show u.
I think is a problem with a level script, but i dont know xD

DbakBDF.png

On the cave where u recive the lantern, if u start a wild or trainer battle, the screen becomes black, as the starting, with only 2 blocks visibles.
If u "use" the lanter, it shows this.
I know u know it, but i want to tell u.

8Cgb9B3.png

A little mistake on movement permissions xD

trsbKHG.png

Visual mistake while he is giving u 3 berryes, I can help u to solve it if u want.

Mnra4JU.png

I dont know if u want it, I have done it on my hack by error because I changed minisprites after put it, but I dont know, this was on the boat xD.

qkbV5P6.png

We use the same sprite for Dratini on our hacks! *-*
That was weird xD, I only found it twice, and i cannot capture :(

culb4Yb.png

And the last one, because the game freezes, is the exit of the labirynth, where once u enter on the house, the game stops running and end the hack.

That was all, I don't know if this is the end of your beta, before it i can't found any orb or fragment (they give u one, but is not founded for me xD).
I could see another house on east of Berry City, but i can't enter on.

Ok, that was all i found, i want to tell u the well, to get heal, starter pokemon (I got Glaceon), and secondary missions ideas are awesome, and very original.
I want to ask... pokemon of the trainers, are edited following our starter? because it was easy to start (type ground and grass pokemon).
The loot on the map, and on the marts is perfect.
I have speaking a lot about hacks as Verde Hierba or Black Dark as my favourites, but yours is on the same lane, recommended 100%.

I won't to extend any more, but I get Low (4) (I think) getting Machoke xD.

Ok, that's all, great job, and continue it, u have a perfect hack! ;D

P.D: I played 0.2.1 version​

Years
I've been playing this hack and so far I generally like it a lot. One thing though. I've found the guys in the second to last screenshot on your thread are horrible to battle. It is tough but in an annoying way. All they do is lower your accuracy to death and then kill you. For early game it's mad and I don't think any fight should be that luck based. I would consider removing sand attack from at least one of the Pokémon.

Years
By the screens it looks very cool. I would definitely try it. But I would like to know if it has gen 6 pokemon.
It would be very fun if it has some of them. Especially fairy type.
But I would still try it if it doesn't have them.
I would like to tell that I haven't read the description so I don't know if it is mentioned there. So please tell me.

Years
By the screens it looks very cool. I would definitely try it. But I would like to know if it has gen 6 pokemon.
It would be very fun if it has some of them. Especially fairy type.
But I would still try it if it doesn't have them.
I would like to tell that I haven't read the description so I don't know if it is mentioned there. So please tell me.
Yes it has 6th gen Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2017
First of all, thank you for making such an amazing hack.

I don't know if it has been reported yet but I've got some issues with the exp. share and the shop with the old lady, each time I try to put an item on a pokemon or to buy a product, the game crashes.
Maybe a patch or save problem ? I would be grateful if someone can help me

Edit: The issue is mainly due to the exp. share, I can't put it on a pokemon, sell it, toss it nor store it, the games always crashes, I don't know what to do because it prevents me from using over objects like potions revive which can be very useful (but the berry system so as the pokeballs' one works)

Last edited:

elcaptino

the one
Years
Just to give everyone an update:

In about a week I'll be releasing the next patch will fix various bugs, fully implement the LoW box in each LoW event, and most importantly, the secret path north of Forest Path 3 will be finished and accessible! Great events are to occur in that area : )

come on its been a week aldready

Back