• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I suppose many are really loving the ability to capture them, when in reality it's friggen annoying. I mean my first encounter was a shiny mew that OHKO'd the rental butterfree I got at the start to try to advance to Roughneck City. Thanks for addressing this, I would have said something sooner but I thought it might have been intentional too, at least until I saw a Kyogre on dry land.

Ok tried out the new update, only two critical flaws are seen so far.

1: Talking to the Nurse Joy in the Roughneck City pokemon center causes a crash. It happens after she brings back your pokemon during her "your pokemon is fighting fit" speech. I had to go back to the hometown to heal my pokemon, and I've no idea if all the other pokemon centers are bugged similarly.

2: Upon encountering the first egg at the lake of forgiveness the game claims to give me an Egg Ball for instant capture, but one fails to appear in my bag making it impossible to captue the egg even with standard pokeballs (which should be possible as eggs do not move unless they are about to hatch), and it prevents me from getting any other pokemon to progress through the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    1. Eventing is not my thing anymore, but I will take a look and see what the problem is... Until then, using her is not necessary as you know.

2. I see, I think you must use your trainer PC and retrieve all your items from in there... You are gifted with a bountiful of gifts as a reward for playing.

I'm aware of the second problem, but I want you (the players) to use all features and the tutorials during the game will point you in that direction... Eggs are a massive thing in this game because you find them in the wild and receive Pokémon that are not necessarily in the wild, so potentially, you can own all Pokémon.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    (FACEPALM) YEAH IS HOULDA SEEN THAT COMING. I'll trek back to the nearest PC lol

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Lol, As others have seen, there are a few items in the box that are never before seen... Enjoy.

*UPDATE*
    In the next update there will be an overhaul of bug fixes in NuzMode since that's what I've been focusing on fixing... But there are a few bugs that fix the normal game play too.

I've also had someone power through the game (don't ask me how they are doing it so quick, I have no idea), but they've managed to write up a walk though, which is fairly accurate in my opinion, there are few things missing, but it's still a good place to start.

I will upload those at some point.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    The walkthrough might help me since I've no clue how to get a bike. The game says show off a certain pokemon, but I dunno what pokemon is needed to do so.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Okay no problem... I'll post what we got, but how accurate tit is, I couldn't tell you any more.
    Walkthrough Part 1 (Intro >>> Barnwood Forest)
    Please be aware to those who want to play without spoilers, this may reveal things you'd like to find out yourself and also, may reduce the wanders that is Pokémon Dreams lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    First off, I like the idea behind this game. I have been following the progress for several months now and some of the features offered for this game made me want to play it. Anyway, I did try out the v0.1 of the game before I saw a link to v0.3 on the thread tonight.

I did not know that the legendary Pokemon were not meant to show up this early on. I honestly thought it had something to do with what Eve said at the very beginning of the game. A few things I noticed from v0.1 before I switched over to v0.3:

- In Water-fall Grove, I noticed Eve mentioned that we should see Professor Ivy at the lab. Playing through shows we meet up with Professor Oak, not Ivy. Is this a placeholder for now or will Ivy be implemented?
    - After getting to Route 04, Pokemon started appearing in non-grassy areas for some reason. I do not know if this was a random glitch or there were encounters set for those maps. I know from working with RMXP and Pokemon Essentials a bit that this should not happen. That reminded me of a time playing Pokemon Blue many years ago when a Missingno randomly appeared while I was going through Fuchsia City. That literally scared the pants off me.
    - I was powering my way through most of the early game when I noticed a glitch after beating the first gym. I only had my starter and when I defeated the first gym, there was a duplicate copy of it that suddenly appeared in my Pokemon roster. Not sure how that happened, but it did.

I would say something else, but since we're not technically not supposed to encounter legendary Pokemon yet, it'd best be kept quiet for now. Anyway, I hope to enjoy this game as I want to see how this will turn out in the end. Good luck to the creators of this project.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    First off, I like the idea behind this game. I have been following the progress for several months now and some of the features offered for this game made me want to play it. Anyway, I did try out the v0.1 of the game before I saw a link to v0.3 on the thread tonight.

I did not know that the legendary Pokemon were not meant to show up this early on. I honestly thought it had something to do with what Eve said at the very beginning of the game. A few things I noticed from v0.1 before I switched over to v0.3:

- In Water-fall Grove, I noticed Eve mentioned that we should see Professor Ivy at the lab. Playing through shows we meet up with Professor Oak, not Ivy. Is this a placeholder for now or will Ivy be implemented?
    - After getting to Route 04, Pokemon started appearing in non-grassy areas for some reason. I do not know if this was a random glitch or there were encounters set for those maps. I know from working with RMXP and Pokemon Essentials a bit that this should not happen. That reminded me of a time playing Pokemon Blue many years ago when a Missingno randomly appeared while I was going through Fuchsia City. That literally scared the pants off me.
    - I was powering my way through most of the early game when I noticed a glitch after beating the first gym. I only had my starter and when I defeated the first gym, there was a duplicate copy of it that suddenly appeared in my Pokemon roster. Not sure how that happened, but it did.

I would say something else, but since we're not technically not supposed to encounter legendary Pokemon yet, it'd best be kept quiet for now. Anyway, I hope to enjoy this game as I want to see how this will turn out in the end. Good luck to the creators of this project.

Yes v0.1 had some sneaky issues that no-one brought to our attention... Use v0.3.

Legendary Pokémon weren't supposed to be in any version, I don't know why they were, I'm pretty sure it's because I was testing NuzMode with them and never removed them afterwards, since my Nuz is delicate and the slightest of error will cause unsuspected errors in the normal version but not necessarily causing Nuz to have problems, or, Nuz to have problems but not normal... However, I've made Legendaries an unlockable now, so they are available, just not at the start of the game and they are also much rarer.

Prof. Oak is not a placeholder... Spoiler Alert.
    Spoiler:

Encounters in non grassy patches, I don't understand... I've never heard of such a problem, maybe it came up in v0.3... Where exactly? Route 04 is a bicycle path, so I don't get why you'd encounter anything much there as it is, or do you mean once you exited Route 04?

I see a slight problem with ----'s way of using my scripts, no-one will have came across this glitch since the guys I have playing so far aren't gym focused and most others that have downloaded are keeping silent (which I dislike) so that's a good find, thank you...

I will fix some bugs/glitches once I get an answer from you on the Encounters one, and upload v0.3.2, I'm currently in the making of v.0.3.1 which fixes some speech bugs, some trainers have grammar mistakes or the speech bubble doesn't show on all sentences... so v.0.3.2 will have a fix for this encounters problem... In theory lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Yes v0.1 had some sneaky issues that no-one brought to our attention... Use v0.3.

Encounters in non grassy patches, I don't understand... I've never heard of such a problem, maybe it came up in v0.3... Where exactly? Route 04 is a bicycle path, so I don't get why you'd encounter anything much there as it is, or do you mean once you exited Route 04?

I started noticing the encounters glitch on Route 04. I was repeatedly going up and down the route near the grassy patch to heal up my Pokemon. At one point, the screen flashed as if it thought I was in the grassy patch and started a Pokemon encounter with a Wynaut. This actually continued through the next city as well (I'll put the rest in spoiler).

Spoiler:

Again, I am not sure how this problem even came about in my save file. I hope it was just a glitch and nothing else. The last thing I would expect is if there were actual "Encounters" set to the map areas from Route 04 and on. I know from using the RPG Maker series for other RPGs that developers can set enemy troops to map locations and hope that there is not anything like that in those areas.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game so far. I am using v0.3 for now and will see any other weird glitches come up in this play through.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I started noticing the encounters glitch on Route 04. I was repeatedly going up and down the route near the grassy patch to heal up my Pokemon. At one point, the screen flashed as if it thought I was in the grassy patch and started a Pokemon encounter with a Wynaut. This actually continued through the next city as well (I'll put the rest in spoiler).

Spoiler:

Again, I am not sure how this problem even came about in my save file. I hope it was just a glitch and nothing else. The last thing I would expect is if there were actual "Encounters" set to the map areas from Route 04 and on. I know from using the RPG Maker series for other RPGs that developers can set enemy troops to map locations and hope that there is not anything like that in those areas.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game so far. I am using v0.3 for now and will see any other weird glitches come up in this play through.

You are right, I see what you're saying now... I can replicate that glitch because it's to do with Legendaries and since you started during the Legendary glitch, that glitch is still present... I would suggest starting a new game, but it is not necessary... Once you update your game, that will not happen any more.

It's good to know you're enjoying it, sounds to me like it's a little too easy lol... Gym leaders and Trainers get to a point of being unbeatable if you don't train properly, but the training is unavailable at the moment... But you can see where these facilities are in-game.

I will upload the fix now... Keep an eye on this space.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason the game lists my starter and any pokemon I catch as rentals, though the egg is registered as my own pokemon. I almost totally missed this until after getting the bike. I reset the game to see if this wasn't just a one-time glitch or something.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    For some reason the game lists my starter and any pokemon I catch as rentals, though the egg is registered as my own pokemon. I almost totally missed this until after getting the bike. I reset the game to see if this wasn't just a one-time glitch or something.

That might be something to do with NuzMode, although I don't have this problem... The only reason a Pokémon would be classed as a rental is if the Pokémon didn't have a trainers name linked to it... If you like, you can give me your save file and I can take a look myself... However, here is a fix for some of the previous glitches found... This also fixes a graphical glitch for the female character, I don't think the same glitch happens for the male character, but keep a watchful eye for any odd sightings.
    UPDATE: Version 0.3.2 is available now temporary download here

Enjoy.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I restarted my game so I will need to get my starter again to be sure, but I'll send you the save file if there's a recurring problem. I'll download the new version once I have a definitive answer for you.

Yeah it still says rentel and I picked a different starter than before to help with the test (Picked totodile, had cyndaquil before) so there is something odd about the trainer ID settings.

On a related note the walkthrough says we're supposed to have a chance with any of the starters from Bulbasaur to Piplup, yet all I have seen are the Johto starters. Have the other starters yet to be implemented? I have a feeling that its a bug since the walkthrough says that the pokemon should be available.

Finally I can't seem to find my save file under saved games, which is odd....as such I'll have to just wait on the next patch you have planned after this new one to rectify the odd little things I cited. Its no problem I can wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    My mistake... The TrainerID will always be 00001, this is for dev purposes... This will not change for a while... Your trainer ID almost has nothing to do with anything (including shinies) so try not to worry about that.

All starters from Bulbasaur to Piplup are available, the starters are dependent on the 1's figure... Here's how it looks. Spoiler alert.
    Spoiler:

The walkthrough is outdated, at a quick glance, I believe it is... But I can't be too sure... I'll explain a little about it though, to help you understand it a little more.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I, too, have the same thing looneyman has with each Pokemon being listed has a "Rental" instead of to our trainers. While it makes it a bit easier to raise Pokemon given the extra exp boost, the not listening to commands will come into play after level 20 I believe. I have not reached the second gym to see if that raises the level at which Pokemon will always obey up to Lv. 30, etc. However, it would be better if the Pokemon we fairly catch would not be listed as rental.

One other thing I noticed from playing earlier today is that the Common and Uncommon Candy items crash the game. I do not think I can post a link showing the picture yet, but in game an error message pops up and says, "Script 'PokemonItemEffects' line 812: NameError occurred. undefined local variable or method 'newlevel' for nil:NilClass".

I am currently on v0.32, having started a new game on v0.3, by the way.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I see, that helps. Whatever the case I can wait for future updates with all my current issues, I can deal with this for the time being. A bit of a shame Bulbasaur is limited to Sassy natures, I preffer Bold or even Timid with that line personally (since I tend to have bad luck splitting EVs across more than two stats) but I can adjust to this since I originally used Brave and Relaxed on Bulbasaur in the third gen games to go at the standard set from a different angle. I can manage well enough in the end.

OH BEFORE I FORGET. I tried going up the stairs in the guard house leading to cycling road, and I get trapped because somehow Totodile and I get stuck on the same tile, which is the stair tile I come out of when I walk upstairs. This should be fixed soon because I have no idea if the NPC in the room has something important or not..

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I, too, have the same thing looneyman has with each Pokemon being listed has a "Rental" instead of to our trainers. While it makes it a bit easier to raise Pokemon given the extra exp boost, the not listening to commands will come into play after level 20 I believe. I have not reached the second gym to see if that raises the level at which Pokemon will always obey up to Lv. 30, etc. However, it would be better if the Pokemon we fairly catch would not be listed as rental.

One other thing I noticed from playing earlier today is that the Common and Uncommon Candy items crash the game. I do not think I can post a link showing the picture yet, but in game an error message pops up and says, "Script 'PokemonItemEffects' line 812: NameError occurred. undefined local variable or method 'newlevel' for nil:NilClass".

I am currently on v0.32, having started a new game on v0.3, by the way.

Thanks for pointing the new candies out to me, they were new in these last versions so I weren't to know any bugs with them, but I've upgraded them, they now work perfect and do what they were intended to do... They also print a message on how much EXP you actually gained... Well if you consider the fact that as you get higher leveled, but the wild Pokémon do not, your Pokémon will gain less and less EXP on each level, however, Pokémon do not disobey due to lack of badges since you don't have to get any badges if you don't want to and if you do, you don't have to get them in any specific order either.

As pointed out in a previous post, your Trainer ID is 00001 for dev purposes, but I've created a new way for devs to monitor this now, so your Trainer ID will now be random like it should be... The OT works as intended now so there should be no problems in that area.

I see, that helps. Whatever the case I can wait for future updates with all my current issues, I can deal with this for the time being. A bit of a shame Bulbasaur is limited to Sassy natures, I preffer Bold or even Timid with that line personally (since I tend to have bad luck splitting EVs across more than two stats) but I can adjust to this since I originally used Brave and Relaxed on Bulbasaur in the third gen games to go at the standard set from a different angle. I can manage well enough in the end.

OH BEFORE I FORGET. I tried going up the stairs in the guard house leading to cycling road, and I get trapped because somehow Totodile and I get stuck on the same tile, which is the stair tile I come out of when I walk upstairs. This should be fixed soon because I have no idea if the NPC in the room has something important or not..

Bulbasaur and all other starters have natures due to popular demand... But I can only say, it's better this way than getting a standard neutral one.

EV's are quite a chore in Pokémon, but there is a merchant or 2, that sells EV berries, I hope this helps.

I don't think you're stuck between Totodile and anything, I think the tile you are on is impassable, that's an eventing problem and you may encounter a few of these, where I'm working on fixing scripting problems and ---- is on holiday, this means there is no-one working on the events unless they are pointed out to me... I'll release a fix very shortly, this will be version v0.4 due to many bug fixes including a very major one...

Unfortunately, with the new changes, you MUST start a new game for these to take effect... Keep an eye on this space.
    *HELPFUL HINT*: Common and uncommon, candies, are particularly effective on higher leveled Pokémon.

EDIT
    UPDATE: Version 0.4 is available now temporary download here

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    A bit of a shame as I got a shiny diglett with a jolly nature from my first egg but not like I can't get something better in the end, so I'm good with that all in all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I do not mind restarting myself as it helps to have as many of these bugs fixed. I have my plan for up through Barnwood already memorized, so I can catch up rather quickly. I will look through the gyms as I get to them and see if there any bugs in them. While I know you do not have to do the gyms in this game, I like exploring all possibilities in RPGs.

I also like the throwback to Red/Blue/Yellow with the music in this. It's nostalgic for me as it feels like I am playing those games over again. Anyway, I'll continue hunting for any bugs or other oddities in the new play through.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    the music is ok but the battle themes could use some overhaul. the default RPG maker music really doesn't fit in pokemon a lot of the time. The makers of the pokemon uranium fangame have actually used songs from the pokemon anime for their game. Since this game makes for a more anime-styled game I suggest importing anime tracks for the battle themes.

MAJOR EDIT: I got a crash trying to look at my pokemon's summery on the new update after getting my starter ont he new file after the new patch update.

Xja9PL3.png

Last edited:
    Back