• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ember Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    So what are you gonna do about Crystal Onix - are you gonna make it an Ice type? What about Ice/Steel type? Or Ice/Rock?

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Hey Hiccup, this hack is really looking great!

*looks at the Pokemon list and sees Bellsprout, but not Oddish*

THANK YOU! =D I'm a real fan of Bellsprout (and its evos), and I can't stand Oddish simply because they are too easy to find (Seriously, there's only one Advance-generation game where you can catch Bellsprout, compared to four AdvGen games with Oddish.) But this is a rant for a different time...

~Dry Bones

KiraYamato

Sumyungai
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    My only crit of the new maps is that on Satsuma Island the houses and larger trees don't blend well with the other trees on the map. They are too bright. If the green was a bit less "shiny" then it would look alot better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    But to leave it as ???? is ... stupid, since it won't have any weaknesses or strengths.

Isn't it possible to change the type?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    [ray.z] said:
    But to leave it as ???? is ... stupid, since it won't have any weaknesses or strengths.

Isn't it possible to change the type?

If it is possible to change types don't you think it is also possible to have a new type (in this case ????) and change give it weaknesses?

Years
  • My only crit of the new maps is that on Satsuma Island the houses and larger trees don't blend well with the other trees on the map. They are too bright. If the green was a bit less "shiny" then it would look alot better.

That is a problem with the pallette, and it exists in an unmodified Ruby version too.

Anyway, the reason I put Crystal Onix as ???? is because I do not know which types to put it as. (It might be left as ??? because in the Orange Islands series, he did have no weakness.)

oni_sora

Demon Keyblade Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2007
    Hiccup said:
    That is a problem with the pallette, and it exists in an unmodified Ruby version too.

Anyway, the reason I put Crystal Onix as ???? is because I do not know which types to put it as. (It might be left as ??? because in the Orange Islands series, he did have no weakness.)

i think in the tv series, it was defeated by a charmeleon because it was glass or something like that. its been a while since i saw that episode, but i think thats what happened.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Actually, his weakness is fire.

The failure of the glass molding guy (whatever his name was) tried his water type pokemon on it, and after failing miserably, used his Charmeleon and knocked the Crystal Onix out (I think).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I don't really wanna pressure you into doing something against what you want, but it's the pokemon we are talking about - the series is just backing up our point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeh that'll be alright - but wouldn't that then make it weak against water and grass - or would the ice part cancel that out.

Frankly I reckon Ice/Steel for some reason - but then that would be really weak against fire attacks.

Still, it's your hack - but make sure you do give it it's own moveset, like an ice move ore two.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
    Years
  • ice/ground would be the best yeah cause fire has it's advantage and water doesn't (actually both don't have it when u combine both :P water-ground sup but not ice, fire -ice sup but on ground normal(i think) )

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    No an Ice/Ground type (like Swinub) is weak against fire, water, grass, fighting and steel (I should have mentioned this before) :P.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think the best types would be Ice/Steel. Then it won't have weakness against water like normal Onix.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • hey how bout Crystal Onix instead of learning Dragon Breath(lvl 34) how bout like ice beam or some ice attack:P
    P.s will we get a G.s ball?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back