• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald competitive team

Years
  • Hey everyone,
    First of all, I'm new here so I'll introduce myself.
    I'm Robbert, 13 years old and I'm from Holland ( my english isn't very good :/ )
    This is my first post (or how you call it).

I want to make a good competitive Pokémon Emerald team.
    Don't know if it's good and how I'm gonna spread my EV's (and what nature) . I need a little help :)
    My plans are:

Salemence
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Fly

Metagross (Agiligross)
    -Agilty
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquack
    -Psychich

Blaziken
    - Blaze Kick
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Areal Ace
    - Fire Blast

Sceptile
    - Leaf Blade
    - No ideas anymore

Ludicolo (Abilty Rain Dish ofcourse)
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf
    - Giga Drain/Mega Drain

Manectrike
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Thunder
    - Charge
    - ?

So if you have any suggestions or a totally new team, I would like to hear that in one of your comments :)
    Thank You :)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I would go to this thread and scroll down to the resources section. I recommend the introduction to competitive battling especially, just because right now it looks like you have an in-game team. For example, one competitive set you might see is:

Breloom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Spore
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ghost / Rock] / Leech Seed

(Don't quote me on those EVs which are almost certainly suboptimal.)

If some of that looks like jargon, the guides in our sticky will help you. And you can see the sense behind a SporePunch Breloom. Smogon is also a good resource for sets and such, but right now I'd just read up a bit.

Hope it helps. Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game--good luck! :)

Years
  • SALAMENCE

Mence should run CB with the moves HP Flying/EQ/Brick Break/Rock Slide, Adamant nature (JollyMence is weak) with a simple 252/252 spread, though a more bulky spread can be used, if you don't fear stuff like opposing Mence, fast Jirachi, etc. Just remember to run enough speed to outspeed 252 Modest Suicune/Adamant Heracross.

DD Mence with Dragon Dance over Brick Break is also an option for a cleaner role, though you need mons that can break you loose mid-game for it to work. Same EV's and nature.

MixMence is an option too, running Flamethrower/Brick Break/Toxic/Dragon Claw with the optimal spread being Rash with 24 Atk, 232 SpA and 252 Speed iirc. The 24 attack EV's are to 2HKO 4/252 Bold Blissey in sand I think. Not sure. I'm rusty on that part.

You've also got HP Mence, aka the Swampert lure. HP Grass clean 2HKOes Swampert and makes the path for something like DD Ttar easier.

Metagross

I dislike the precense of Agility Metagross in ADV, as it has better things to do imo. The main set is Choice Band with Meteor Mash/EQ/Explosion and the last move being more to your teams preferrence. Options are HP Bug (for Celebi)/Toxic (for waters)/Sleep Talk/Rock Slide (for Zapdos). The spread is Adamant with 252 HP, 232 Atk, 12 Def and 8 Speed, though I like to speedcreep for opposing Metagrosses.

The other main option is Hidden Power Grass Metagross. I unfortunately do not remember the spread, nor can I check it (on a phone atm), but it does what you think it does. Lures in Swampert for the 2HKO (OHKO with 3 layers iirc), something Metagross can't do otherwise without resorting to exploding.

Blaziken

Blaziken is a strange mon. Great offensive STAB, but struggles with the thing most Pokemon in this gen do. Waters. HP Grass SHOULD be standard here, as HP Ice is only really for Salamence(?), something that gets worn down rather easily anyway. Suicune is more of a ♥♥♥♥♥ here though. The spread is 16 HP, 56 Atk, 240 SpA and 196 Speed with Rash. Some people run CB, but they suck and should not be listened to.

Sceptile

Sceptile's best set in my opinion is fast SubSeed. Grass+Ice coverage is surprisinly effective late-game, when stuff like Metagross is gone. Checks Mence in a pinch, 2HKOes Ttar I think, and can outstall stuff like Bliss and Lax. Idk the spread, but it probably is Timid with enough speed to beat Jolly Flygon, etc. Speedcreeping some to beat stuff like bulky Gengar can be done too. Max SpA ofc, and the rest in Def/SpDef. Inferior to Celebi in most cases, but is a fun mon to use.

Ludicolo

Ludicolo sucks, dont use it.

Manectric

Manectric is a worse Raikou. Use Raikou instead, as a CMer. Raikou used to be really good, but then people started using Dugtrio, and now it's pretty much gone outside of CM spam teams. Can actually beat CM Bliss (if they run BoltBeam) I think, which is somethig. Checks physical offense teams handily too with its nice speed tier and nice Flying-resist. Can run ♥♥♥♥ like Roar too.

Sorry for the lazy rate, I'm sorta sick so I don't really have time. I'll do a better one later.

Years
  • Thnx everyone, I read a battling guide and your opinion ofcourse. I have a new idea but dunno if it's Gonna work. Replaced some pokémons. I dunno if this is balanced or nah so here does it come:

Blaziken 124 sp attack 124 attack 252 speed 0/8 HP
    Mixed Sweeper
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Swords Dance
    - Flare Blitz
    - Thunder Punch

Salemence 252 sp att 252 speed 4 hp
    Special Sweeper
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flamethrower

Metagross 252 att 252 sp 4 HP
    Physical sweeper
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Psychich
    - EQ

Sceptile (Shiny :) ) 252 sp att 252 speed 4 HP
    Special Sweeper
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Sunny Day
    - Solarbeam

Crobat 252 speed 252 attack
    Annoyer
    - Toxic
    - Confusion Ray
    - Fly
    - Mean Look

Milotic 252 HP 120 def 120 sp def 12 speed
    Tank
    - rest
    - sleeptalk
    - ice beam
    - surf/hydro pump (pp or power)

So please help me :) Thnx for your help so far, I really appriciate it.

Back