• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokémon Emerald: Elite Four and the Regis [Qstn]

Years
  • Hey everyone, my first post.

I'm kinda having trouble understanding on how to get the Regi's in Emerald. I've read a few walkthroughs, and was wondering, where do I surf to find the cave with Braille? I know what pokemon, and moves I need to use in the cave, but where is it?

Also, would this be a good lineup to fight the Elite Four? I'm currently training pokémon for the Elite Four.

--Blaziken
    --Raichu
    --Salamence
    --Swellow
    --Regi-Ice or Walrein
    --Regi-Rock or Cradily

Is that good enough to take them down? They'll all be at least level 50 of course, and I'll stock up on hyper potions and full restores.

Also, is there a way to make shiny pokémon appear easier, without using a gameshark or cheating device? I want to look for a shiny taillow so I can get a shiny swellow, but I've played this game on 3 times with at least 20 hours on each, and in the second time I only saw one shiny pokémon and it was a tentacool, so is there a place where more common shinies appear, or at least, tons of taillows, so that I have a better chance of finding a shiny taillow than say, a zigzagoon?

Thank you,
    Blazed

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
  • Hm. Well the only place I can think of that you can find shinies easily is the Battle Frontier. But that doesn't count.

And you can't make shinies appear easier. There's always a 1/8192 chance of finding one, and that never changes. It's all based on pure luck and patience.

And your team seems good:

Blaziken> Glacia (with Sky Uppercut), Steven
    Walrein> Drake
    Salamence> Drake, Phoebe (with Crunch)

I don't know why your putting a Swellow in there, or a Cradily, I'm not too good in understanding movesets and such. You can get more help in the Movesets section or whatever it's called. Or you can just PM aragornbird or someone.

And as for your Regi- question. I'm not quite to sure. I don't own Emerald but in my Ruby you find the cave by going to Pacifidalog (sorry) and surfing west. But there's a unique path you have to take to get there. I think.

Hope this helps.

Years
  • Hmm... well thank you for your help, and I have a Swellow because it's my favourite pokémon :).

Also, A cradily because it's part rock, and won't it be able to take out the flying types easier?

And what level does Salamence and Blaziken learn Crunch and Sky Uppercut? Also what would be a good level to take on the Elite Four?

Last thing, I'm gonna beat Mossdeep gym and Magma at the space station, and get dive, where do I get the treasures that the treasure hunter wants? Such as the red orb, blue orb, yellow, etc.

EDIT: Oh and, everyone on here has so many shinys and are trading with eachother and such, do most people have the Wireless Adapter?

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
  • Salamence learns Crunch at level 61 o_O
    I guess you don't wanna raise it that high. I guess Bite would be alright, though it lacks the firepower.

Blaziken learns Sky Uppercut at level 59. o_O
    You should just stick to Double Kick or some other fighting move.

You find the treasures undersea. To the east of Mossdeep, there are a couple of places in the sea that are darkened. You dive in there and occasionally there will be a rock or slightly darkened patch of underwater sand. You press A and it might have an Item or not. They can be Red Shard (Firestone), Blue Shard (Waterstone), Yellow Shard (Thunderstone), and Green Shard (Leafstone). There are also other gems like Pearls and stuff.

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • Also, A cradily because it's part rock, and won't it be able to take out the flying types easier?

Cradily's best rock move it can learn up till the Battle Frontier is AncientPower, which isn't the greatest it could learn. Also Cradily's stats kinda work against it in attack power with it's base attack stat at 81. I'd recommend a rock pokemon who is actually designed to be powerful in attacking, Cradily isn't.

Also what would be a good level to take on the Elite Four?

At least at L48.

The Simple Questions Thread would be a better place to ask this stuff.

Years
  • Thank you very much, one last thing though, what are good moves to teach Regi-Ice/Walrein?

EDIT: I'm new and didn't notice simple questions thread until after, and I had actually a lot of questions, so... I figured I'd make a thread, sorry if there was any inconvenience though.

Years
  • Ok, but the only place I know of getting Ice beam is the game corner, and finding the TM, but I was stupid and used TM on someone else, does Walrein or Regi-Ice learn it?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Cradily's best rock move it can learn up till the Battle Frontier is AncientPower, which isn't the greatest it could learn. Also Cradily's stats kinda work against it in attack power with it's base attack stat at 81. I'd recommend a rock pokemon who is actually designed to be powerful in attacking, Cradily isn't.

Actually, I've always seen Cradily as more of a wall than an attacker. It's got pretty good Defense and Special Defense, and with Recover is can last for quite a while. But it has many weaknesses that makes it slightly ineffective.

And:

Also, A cradily because it's part rock, and won't it be able to take out the flying types easier?

Yes and no. It's more Grass type than it is Rock (as far as moves are concerned), and because of the dual nature, Flying moves are effective against him. (Super Effective + Not Very Effective = Normal Effective). He's also slow as hell. And his surprisingly low HP kind of cancels out his high Defense and Special Defense... but I still like this Poke. It just looks awesome! I always thought of a Venus Fly Trap.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Cradily's best rock move it can learn up till the Battle Frontier is AncientPower, which isn't the greatest it could learn. Also Cradily's stats kinda work against it in attack power with it's base attack stat at 81. I'd recommend a rock pokemon who is actually designed to be powerful in attacking, Cradily isn't.
    You're not getting what Cradily's supposed to do, are you? Cradily's supposed to sit there, shrugging off damage, maybe throwing back a couple of special attacks with Mirror Coat (If it happens to be one of those Mirror Coating Cradilies) to heal itself with Rest or Recover when its HP gets low. Rockslide, Earthquake or Giga Drain all do pretty shabby damage if they're normal effective, but Cradily's a monster if it can strike an opponent with a weakness, and Toxic works wonders, especially against the sucky in-game AI that very rarely, if ever, switch out. No other Rock type can stall like Cradily due to those glaring Water and Grass (usually double) weaknesses and Cradily has neither.
    Yes and no. It's more Grass type than it is Rock (as far as moves are concerned), and because of the dual nature, Flying moves are effective against him. (Super Effective + Not Very Effective = Normal Effective). He's also slow as hell. And his surprisingly low HP kind of cancels out his high Defense and Special Defense... but I still like this Poke. It just looks awesome! I always thought of a Venus Fly Trap.
    Pfft... a non-STABed Flying move won't do a thing against Cradily and no Flying type (except for Skarmory) that switches in on Cradily won't like a STABed Rock Slide from Cradily. By the way, Cradily's HP is above average, mind you. >O

Years
  • This is very old now xD

As I posted before I restarted and am now back up to Elite Four again, my lineup is...

Swampert
    --Ice Beam
    --Surf
    --Earthquake
    --Protect

Absol
    --Thunder
    --Slash
    --Swords Dance
    --Bite

Rayquaza
    --Fly
    --Strength
    --Extreme Speed
    --Rest

Ninetales
    --Flamethrower
    --Confuse Ray
    --Will-O-Wisp
    --Fire Blast

Shelgon (level 49, almost Salamence)
    --Dragon Claw
    --Protect
    --Dragonbreath
    --Rock Smash (I needed for Victory Road, and am gonna get him to move deleter, delete rock smash and teach him crunch or fly.)

Gardevoir
    --Psychic
    --Shadowball
    --Calm Mind
    --Flash (Getting rid for thunderbolt)

That's it and seems good to me. All going to be at least level 50 before Elite Four.

Cinders

more smrt thn u
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    You can't catch Rayquaza until after you've beaten the Elite Four the first time.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • Absol's moveset doesn't really work because of crappy Sp.Attack, but I think the other five are able to take the e4 down just fine. Stocking up on healing items never hurts, though.

Edit: No, wait, what's that Shadow Ball doing on Gardevoir? D:

Years
  • Edit: No, wait, what's that Shadow Ball doing on Gardevoir? D:
    For ownin' up the Psychic gym.

=O_O= Really? How? Is it just that sky tower appears anyway?
    In Emerald you have to get Rayquaza to stop Kyogre and Groudon from fighting, so you have to go to the Sky Tower anyway, but the second time you go back its much garder to climb.

Also, I caught Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, I have a 62 Medicham, 55 Salamence, and 54 Swampert, so the Elite four gets owned quite easily.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Rayquaza could take down the Weak5 by itself, if it didn't have that horrible moveset. Personally, using ubers to beat the W5 is pretty cheap, but if you aren't skilled enough to win without it, use this moveset instead:

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
    - Extremespeed / Brick Break
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

This thing breezes through the W5. Personally, I would get rid of it.

Back