• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Forces 3D MMO (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I highly doubt you guys are a legit company working on a Nintendo approved game. There is logic to my madness; first of all, you guys mentioned that Nintendo has approved of the project, I highly doubt that. Pokemon is an intellectual property of Game Freak; in other words Nintendo would not just hand it out like candy to 3rd party companies, especially one that seem to be just starting up. Second of all, if a 3rd party company was to develop for a Nintendo franchise, the game would have to be only on Nintendo consoles. From what I can infer, this will be on the PC. I can infer that it is a PC game because of the GUI; the GUI is very optimized for a PC, not a Wii or DS or any console for that matter. My third point is the lack of funding and members of the team. I can tell by the website that the company is not very professional; companies tend to make their websites great because the website is what the publishers will first see when deciding whether the company is worth publishing for. The website is a very generic generated website, coming close to a blog. Most companies will just have a seperate blog for the project, but rarely as their main site; the main site will be more polished and less "blog" like. Sure it may have a "news" section, but will rarely post alpha state materials on there. Most companies now days have dozens of developers, programmers, artists and have multiple positions in each branch, like the senior lead programmer. The video game development now days are multi million dollar projects, I highly doubt you budget even comes close to 100k Americans. Lastly, those being said, any company will not just go post on forums to recruit members to the team, its not very professional and you are not even asking in the right place. All companies have their "company" email, not a yahoo or google or any of the email services; they have their own domain. What you are asking in the application is not even close to what a professional company would ask; the application it self is not professional. You don't even have a set of requirements for the job openings, or even have any job openings at all.

Look at the Blizzard's site to see what a real company would be like: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/index.html

Also do not call me an ignorant kid or anything along that line; I am a very intelligent man, I can smell your BS out of my screen.

Nevertheless, I wish you good luck on your project; just stop trying to act like a professional company when you clearly are not to just gain respect.

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • Wow you would compare us to World of Warcraft developers?

They have millions of dollars, we are using whatever money we make from are own daily jobs to get this going so don't judge us on are quality of recruitment and sites.

We are putting all time and money into game right now and nothing else.

The game is are main concern and we are putting full time and money into it atm. and not the sites.

If we get donations and such then perhaps we would have better sites and such for our members.

But for now the game will take care of itself and will great success the sites and jobs will both get well noticed and more to your standards of professional.

I am pleased that you threw all those comments out because yes most of what you said may be true right now but as we grow are community, staff, games, and quality of sites will grow too.

Now with that said and this is important, with lack of time and massive request for faster production on other forums we would like anyone who can make 3D pokemon models and texture, mesh, and animate them to please PM us and if you are interested in any position that you think you can help us out in please also PM us.

Please also have an active skype account, and be on daily for atleast an hr. or two a day and atleast 3-4 on the weekends.

We can grow and you guys can be witnesses or apart of it, but all i know right now with that is we can use the help, no payments will be given yet till game produces money from donations and ad revenue, and any other income we produce, and money gets distibuted via paypal and after game cost are upheld.

Thanks, Combusting Studios.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Wow you would compare us to World of Warcraft developers?

They have millions of dollars, we are using whatever money we make from are own daily jobs to get this going so don't judge us on are quality of recruitment and sites.

We are putting all time and money into game right now and nothing else.

The game is are main concern and we are putting full time and money into it atm. and not the sites.

If we get donations and such then perhaps we would have better sites and such for our members.

But for now the game will take care of itself and will great success the sites and jobs will both get well noticed and more to your standards of professional.

I am pleased that you threw all those comments out because yes most of what you said may be true right now but as we grow are community, staff, games, and quality of sites will grow too.

Now with that said and this is important, with lack of time and massive request for faster production on other forums we would like anyone who can make 3D pokemon models and texture, mesh, and animate them to please PM us and if you are interested in any position that you think you can help us out in please also PM us.

Please also have an active skype account, and be on daily for atleast an hr. or two a day and atleast 3-4 on the weekends.

We can grow and you guys can be witnesses or apart of it, but all i know right now with that is we can use the help, no payments will be given yet till game produces money from donations and ad revenue, and any other income we produce, and money gets distibuted via paypal and after game cost are upheld.

Thanks, Combusting Studios.
    Hey, there is no comparing going on here; I was just showing a prime example of a company you should strive for. So answer this: are you a Nintendo approved developer? Cause if you are not, you will lose more money through lawsuits than you have even before. Even if you are approved, you have to get the rights to their intellectual property.

Gwahlywhirl

Gwah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2012
    Win.
    If this is going to be online, do you have servers set up or are you just hosting on computers?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Still sketchy. At least it seems like an honest attempt at a 3D MMO, but I very much doubt that it will work. Nintendo's apparently kind of on edge right now, especially as it relates to Pokemon. And beyond that, if you expect to successfully run something like this- an online, open-'round-the-clock game belonging to this massive franchise, that people have wished for and attempted to replicate for years- you're going to need a boatload of cash for servers (note: servers), and a reasonably large staff.

I mean, more power to you guys if it works out, but don't be surprised if you end up failing. Hard.
    They know not what they do, I think.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    "Another thing, just because your moderator don't mean anything in the real world."
    Since you're talking about the moderator of a moderator, I assume you're talking about the super mods? Shall I go get them?

Can I ask why a professional company would make a fangame?

OKAY WHY WOULD YOU GET THE SUPER MODS, YUOMAN CAN HANDLE THIS HIMSELF, THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNNESSECARY....

And I would have to agree with everyone, this doesn't seem too legit.

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • Yes we have all legal permissions from nintendo.
    We have contacted lawyers and nintendo and have worked out an agreement, details will be released later on the agreement.

The game will go on with no legal concerns, and for servers after we have a few beta tests and all is good were will use dedicated servers costing around $300 a month.

Also when we reach our goal of $5000 we will purchase hero engine, and enhance the pokemon game beyond the functions we currently have and have an active staff of over 25 around the clock workers.

Also before I forget the legal agreement is between nintendo, pokemon franchise, and combusting studios.
    Gamefreak is not needed as we are not using anything of theres.(We are crediting them though for there association with pokemon and its franchise)
    We are using are maps, designs, models, story, gyms, game types, minigames, charactor names, regions, nothing is owned by gamefreak only the name pokemon and its products which are trademarked only by nintendo and its developers, this should answer all and any upcoming legal concerns.

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    No.
    Nintendo did not approve it.
    I can guarantee it, but show some proof if it's true, you can understand why I would be skeptical.
    Also Ace Dragonite, it was a pun making fun of his grammar.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @combusting studios, you guys are an official company and you don't even have 5 k?
    @poeman sorry I didn't understand, my head just almost explodes when someone threatens to tell on people to the s mods, I know this from personal experience (I've gotten "snitched" on twice)

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • Since when do you half to be rich to be official?
    Or even have to have a great deal of members or staff.
    It's about quality, not quantity.
    Have you ever heard that saying?

Again im getting tired of repeatedly speaking about the legal concerns, I have told the truth, and the legal issues we have already dealt with so this is the last time I am adressing that issue.

Anymore posts concerning legal allegations will be ignored as I have already adressed that issue more than once.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    BTW, there are companies that got bankrupt because they changed engines mid production and failed to meet the dead lines, e.g. iD studios. Duke Nukem Forever was dead after 10 years because they failed to stay with one engine.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    You addressed it WITHOUT a straight answer that's why people keep bringing it up.

So can we see some proof? Or shall I just email Nintendo asking if you're legit.
    Also it's HAVE not HALF

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • We will not half to face that problem as the engine were using will be the 1st game and the migration to the new engine will be more of an upgrade than a transition if you can follow what I am saying.

That will then be Pokemon Forces: Elite, a later and more agressive MMORPG of are in progress release so yes much is going on and were are excited in the interest from many forums.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Personally I would say build your own engine from scratch, then you will not be dependant on 3rd party engines, save money and you can add to and modify the engine as you wish.

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • Daedalus, go ahead, knock yourself out emailing nintendo, we went straight to the souce.
    We didn't go to nintendo.com and then go to the contact us page, we went to the source and contacted the nintendo international corperation.

Also nintendo doesn't give legal documentation you gotta get a lawyer for that so your whole attempts at trying to accuse us at fraud is without any knowledge of what your even trying to accuse us of, so go read up on the laws please before accusing us of not having rights.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    We will not have to face that problem, as the engine we're using will be the 1st game and the migration to the new engine, will be more of an upgrade than a transition if you can follow what I am saying.

That will then be Pokemon Forces: Elite, a later and more aggressive MMORPG of our in progress release, so yes much is going on and we're are excited in the interest from many forums.?

Anyways, can we see some proper grammar and some proof?

Combusting Studios

Game Dev Team 2010
    Years
  • We will in time build are own engine, this takes time and money aswell to do but when we build up a strong staff this is a probable move in the future.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    We will not have to face that problem, as the engine we're using will be the 1st game and the migration to the new engine, will be more of an upgrade than a transition if you can follow what I am saying.

That will then be Pokemon Forces: Elite, a later and more aggressive MMORPG of our in progress release, so yes much is going on and we're are excited in the interest from many forums.?

Anyways, can we see some proper grammar and some proof?

Why all this?

Just wait until the game is realease and then you can say what you want.

If it's fake they will sonner or later stop posting things here and if not then we have a 3D game. I don't know why everbody is complaining

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Our not are.

Please, just leave you're obviously trolling, or not of a very smart bunch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back