• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    Hello!! Great game so far, I think im nearing the end I'm in Telmurk now. Just wanted to say some things I noticed while playing.

Right after windmist town when you go up the mountain there is one trainer with blank dialogue, if you battle him then the screen is black. I had to use walls cheat to get past him, this also happens to 2 other trainers right after this guy. I saw on reddit that other people have this issue too.

In the bug catching contest(which is awesome btw!! good job) some other trainer won with a heracross(i assume) and she got a heracrosite, so when I saw this, I said ok i want this. But when I finally caught a heracross and WON I only got moon stone :(

Dont know if this is even a bug, or its intented to be like this but using megastones in battle doesnt actually change my pokemon sprite, e.g charizard stays the same

Good luck on v3.0

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Thank you! The postgame will include more Battle Marsh facilities, Gym Leader rematches, Lumos Island and more.

You can get Budew, Hoppip, Skiddo, Pumpkaboo and Shroomish relatively early on in the game. Fletchling can be found in Nestpine Climb.

This appears to be a bug, I'll try to fix it for Beta 3.

Long story short, yes, it does. Next time I recommend configuring your emulator properly before playing.

You just need to level-up your Eevee in the third floor up from Frostbite Cave's entrance from Nestpine Town.

You need to go to Nemesis Cave, interact with the Lileep Tablet, and then participate in the Bug-Catching Contest. After that, Vernon's Gym will open. Defeat the Gym and you will meet your rival, who will give you a Gas Mask, allowing you to pass through Telmurk Swamp.

Lopunnite can be found in Telmurk Outskirts and Aggronite can be found in Nemesis Cave.

I'll investigate and fix this for Beta 3, thank you.

The TM for Return is given by an old lady in Archan Tunnel. You'll need Rock Smash to get to her, however.

Thank you. I've not been able to recreate the first bug but I will look into it. I'll also look into the second one, I'm fairly sure it's just an implementation error on my behalf.

Thanks, I'll look into that as well.

Probably not, no.

Are you sure you patched it properly? A common mistake is failing to extract the ROM / patch from their .zip, first.

Gligar is not able to be caught in v2.5.

Thanks!

You need to take part in the Bug-Catching Contest.

Thanks!

Thanks, this will be fixed for Beta 3.

Yes, there are the Sinnoh starters at the beginning of the game and Belle will give you the second stage of the Kanto starter which your starter is strong against (so if you chose Turtwig, you'll receive a Wartortle). Treecko is not available at the moment, however.

The bug with the Telmurk Gym is known,but the change to Golett's evolution level is intentional (as you can see by it being listed in the README under the alternate evolution methods).

Yeah, this has already been changed for Beta 3. Thanks for playing, though!

Thanks! Progress is sort of slow but it's not completely stopped.

You likely patched incorrectly (it's also 1635 that's recommended, anyway). Make sure to extract everything, both the .GBA ROM and the .UPS file and patching program, before doing anything.

I'd rather you not spread the exploit to a bug. :/

Thank you! Budew's Pokédex entry has been fixed for Beta 3. I'll take your feedback for the difficulty on board but bear in mind Gaia is not trying to be any harder or easier than the vanilla Pokémon games are, but in the future I do plan to release some form of Gaia X patch where it does have an increased difficulty. That being said, it's not an excuse for this being a cakewalk so I will look into making it slightly more challenging. As for deleteable HMs, this likely will not happen as it would create for some potentially game-breaking instances (you could, for example, then just make the Pokémon you're currently Surfing on forget Surf and then potentially get trapped on an island). Thanks for the feedback, though.

Gengarite is not available in v2.5, no. Thanks for playing!

Press the Start button, just like Belle tells you.

Thank you, both of these bugs have been reported and I will try to fix them for Beta 3.

Gligar does not have a Secret Temple; it is not available in v2.5. Thank you for playing!

Moxie is not in the game, no. It is not necessarily a bug but I might make it so that the Ability Pill is not consumed if a Pokémon only has one ability, like what is the case with Gyarados.

Eventually, yes, I do plan to release a document like that. Thanks for playing!

Gible cannot be caught in v2.5. Evolutionary methods can be found in the README.txt; Eevee evolves to Umbreon with a Moon Stone.

Nope, sorry.

The letter grades on the summary screen indicate a Pokémon's IVs for a given stat, where an S rank equates to 30-31 IVs, and an F- equates to 0. Petilil can be found in the grass in Nemesis River.

Bannetite can be found in Telmurk Outskirts.

This is hardly a bug but I do believe I know of a way for it to not happen, so it may be 'fixed' for Beta 3.

I'd recommend you just patch it on your computer using the included tsukuyomi / NUPS programs to a FireRed ROM which you'll need to obtain yourself, and then transfer the patched file to your phone instead. I personally don't know how to patch ROMs on a phone, though, so I'd just recommend googling for a solution if using a computer isn't possible.

Beta v3 is planned to maintain compatibility with v2.5. saves, yes. Thanks for playing!

I don't know why I would randomly change the starter Pokémon, so no they won't suddenly become the Generation 6 starters. Ash Ketchum is an anime character and therefore does not exist in Gaia, nor would his Greninja (which, by the way, has not been confirmed as a Mega Evolution anyway).

I had considered roadblocking the user to force them to complete the third Gym but honestly I think I prefer letting the user decide; ultimately they will eventually have to get the Ember Badge when they reach the badge gates at Victory Road, but I think the slight non-linearity that you get from being able to go to Windmist Summit first or fighting the Gym first makes the game more fun.

It would certainly be interesting to try and implement the new experience systems and I'm not against trying that, so it may well be in Beta 3! As for the other type nuances that Gen. 6 introduced: I do definitely want to get around to implementing them for the final version of Gaia, but I personally have not looked into how to do so, so there's no guarantee they will be in Beta 3. I'm fairly sure the Sunflora bug has already been fixed if you were to redownload, but if not it will still be fixed in Beta 3.

Good job! Thanks for playing.

This is a known bug, likely connected to your Kirlia's nature. Perhaps try capturing one with a different nature and see if that helps. It's not an ideal solution but hopefully the bug will be fixed in Beta 3.

Moon Stones can be won as one of the prizes for coming in First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest, and they can also be found in Archan Tunnel and Telmurk Warehouses.

Regal Stones are evolutionary stones, and the Pokémon which evolve with them are listed in the README. More can be obtained by coming in First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest.

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve here, Pokémon games have always only supported one save file. You could use your emulator's save state feature if you'd like but that isn't 'official' and wouldn't necessarily work properly.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! That is indeed the end of v2.5.

Nice catch! I remember deliberating between the two way back when I first started and I did decide on 'indecipherable', but I must have forgotten to update the guy in the library. Fixed for Beta 3!

Thanks, fixed for Beta 3!

Yeah I had noticed this awkward dialogue myself already, and in Beta 3 it will actually be completely different.

Hm, I'll look into this.

Yeah I'd already had this pointed out thanks, it will also be fixed in Beta 3.

Ah, thanks! Will be fixed for Beta 3.

You're right; I'll look into this for Beta 3.

Nice catch, thanks! Will be fixed for Beta 3.

Ah, I wasn't aware the American spelling was different. You're right that I want to use American English for Gaia, so this has been fixed for Beta 3.

Oh, that area is actually the only place where I'd forgotten about that quirk. It's been fixed for Beta 3, thanks.

My bad! Fixed for Beta 3.

Oh, didn't notice that, thanks! Fixed for Beta 3 but I might end up redoing his dialogue altogether anyway as he's pretty verbose for a random NPC anyway.

Yeah, this is a known bug with the Mega Evolution code and is actually in the README's list. Thanks anyway!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It has been, and will be fixed for Beta 3, thanks.

Thank you!

In the future I'd recommend not trying to exploit bugs in the first place.

Thank you!

As I mentioned earlier in this post, progress has been relatively slow. That being said, I've done a few sprite changes for some Trainer classes and Gym Leaders. Take a look!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Absolutely love the new sprites! Aroma Lady looks a bit young to be a lady, what about Aroma Girl or something?

The Hex Maniac looks perfect though.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    One thing I'd like to see - especially if you plan to introduce a hardcore version - is the possibility to remove evs. Unfortunately berries don't work on firered. I don't know how much work that is but probably you could just implement the routine from emerald. Not too important though.

The Walrus

it's a me, jesse
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2019
    I've been lurking PC a bit recently, the hacking community anyway, and I felt I needed to give some feedback.

I recently acquired a retropie(raspberry pi fitted with most emulators), so I, naturally, decided to download some of the better hacks(though you don't need to know my life story haha). This is one, if not the only, new hacks to stand out to me, so I just wanted to give some feedback.

I used to be quite active in the ROM hacking community(around 5 or so years ago), under the guise of TB Pro. You probably don't remember me, and that's neither here nor there, but, needless to say, I know a good hack when I see one.

Color me impressed. I haven't seen a hack this well made, and polished, in a very long time, if ever. I really felt the need to dig up one of my old accounts to send praise to you. Hacking has come a long way since I left the community(albeit not necessarily as far as one would expect), and you really expertly show the evolution of said "breakthroughs", if you will. The level of polish you have attained is absolutely incredible. This game almost feels like a gamefreak installation(at least one they should have made haha).

I've never played X/Y before, and I love that you implemented many new generation pokemon so I get the chance to raise them, not to mention the moves and abilities. The attention to detail is awe-inspiring. The fact that you implemented all of the cries, icons and excellently crafted sprites is awesome.

I love the hidden grottoes, excellent idea sir. Most of all, I just love the feel of the game. I used to not be a fan of stock tiles, but I feel it just adds more to the "polished feel". I don't really know what else to say, and I've already written a wall of text, but I'm singing praise. I would have to say this is probably the best, or at least one of the best, pokemon games I have ever played(of course including hacks as well).

Well done sir, well done.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Im really sorry having to bring this up again, but pls comfirm if my info is correct or not....

Really trying to catch that Feebas but not luck for days!

Location- Nemesis River
    Method- Fishing (Good Rod)
    Encounter- rate- 1%
    Other possible encounters- Barboach and Magikarp

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Im really sorry having to bring this up again, but pls comfirm if my info is correct or not....

Location- Nemesis River
    Encounter- rate- 1%

I think it's the Super Rod, but otherwise yes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2016
    how to evolve nincada in shedinja in this game? I tried evolving nincada with an empty slot in party, but it only evolved in ninjask. Any clue?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I didn't get my Eevee evolving into Glaceon to work on my mobile phone, so I just started a new game on my computer. I'm really enjoying Beta 2.5 so far! Since I'm playing this as a nuzlocke, I don't think that the game is too easy. I'm currently grinding for the second gym, and I just battled my rival. His level 20 Prinplup pretty much one-shot my lvl 18 Luxio with Bubblebeam and my lvl 18 Nidorina only had 2 HP left after another one of those attacks. That being said, I don't know whether or not that Prinplup had max IVs in SP.Atk or not, but I certainly wouldn't call this game too easy. I also found a bug while fighting against one of the artists in the Art place or whatever. Her Smeargle used Dragon Tail on my Flabebe, which didn't do any damage, but it did swap out my Flabebe. Hope you can fix that!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    3 question:This game have primal reversion?,Why the female pyroar have primal kyogre cry this is normal?,you could put xy oras remastered cries?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    This hack is so fucking amazing *-*
    Thank u for giving us this game *-*
    Good luck with your work ;)

I have only one question: are u going to introduce charizite X in future releases?
    (Sorry if someone has already asked about this)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • This and Pokemon life are two of the things I am looking forward to keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

Hello!! Great game so far, I think im nearing the end I'm in Telmurk now. Just wanted to say some things I noticed while playing.

Right after windmist town when you go up the mountain there is one trainer with blank dialogue, if you battle him then the screen is black. I had to use walls cheat to get past him, this also happens to 2 other trainers right after this guy. I saw on reddit that other people have this issue too.

In the bug catching contest(which is awesome btw!! good job) some other trainer won with a heracross(i assume) and she got a heracrosite, so when I saw this, I said ok i want this. But when I finally caught a heracross and WON I only got moon stone :(

Dont know if this is even a bug, or its intented to be like this but using megastones in battle doesnt actually change my pokemon sprite, e.g charizard stays the same

Good luck on v3.0
    I'm fairly certain the bug with that Kindler has been fixed if you redownload. The Bug-Catching Contest reward thing is not a bug, you have a chance to win any evolutionary stone or any Mega Stone when you come in First Place. You're likely not actually Mega Evolving in battle if you don't see the sprite change; make sure you actually press the Start button when you select a move on the turn you want to Mega Evolve, otherwise nothing will happen.

Absolutely love the new sprites! Aroma Lady looks a bit young to be a lady, what about Aroma Girl or something?

The Hex Maniac looks perfect though.
    Thanks! That's a good point, actually; I've renamed the Trainer class.

I said to putting the initials of Kalos because it is something innovative that not many hacks have
    Yeah but I also don't want to do that, haha.

One thing I'd like to see - especially if you plan to introduce a hardcore version - is the possibility to remove evs. Unfortunately berries don't work on firered. I don't know how much work that is but probably you could just implement the routine from emerald. Not too important though.
    That shouldn't be too hard, there could be some sort of item that does that. Might become a thing, if I remember!

I've been lurking PC a bit recently, the hacking community anyway, and I felt I needed to give some feedback.

I recently acquired a retropie(raspberry pi fitted with most emulators), so I, naturally, decided to download some of the better hacks(though you don't need to know my life story haha). This is one, if not the only, new hacks to stand out to me, so I just wanted to give some feedback.

I used to be quite active in the ROM hacking community(around 5 or so years ago), under the guise of TB Pro. You probably don't remember me, and that's neither here nor there, but, needless to say, I know a good hack when I see one.

Color me impressed. I haven't seen a hack this well made, and polished, in a very long time, if ever. I really felt the need to dig up one of my old accounts to send praise to you. Hacking has come a long way since I left the community(albeit not necessarily as far as one would expect), and you really expertly show the evolution of said "breakthroughs", if you will. The level of polish you have attained is absolutely incredible. This game almost feels like a gamefreak installation(at least one they should have made haha).

I've never played X/Y before, and I love that you implemented many new generation pokemon so I get the chance to raise them, not to mention the moves and abilities. The attention to detail is awe-inspiring. The fact that you implemented all of the cries, icons and excellently crafted sprites is awesome.

I love the hidden grottoes, excellent idea sir. Most of all, I just love the feel of the game. I used to not be a fan of stock tiles, but I feel it just adds more to the "polished feel". I don't really know what else to say, and I've already written a wall of text, but I'm singing praise. I would have to say this is probably the best, or at least one of the best, pokemon games I have ever played(of course including hacks as well).

Well done sir, well done.
    Thanks for the feedback! I actually do remember you from way back when, it's cool to see you're still around.

Im really sorry having to bring this up again, but pls comfirm if my info is correct or not....

Location- Nemesis River
    Encounter- rate- 1%
    You need to use a Super Rod, but yes that is correct.

how to evolve nincada in shedinja in this game? I tried evolving nincada with an empty slot in party, but it only evolved in ninjask. Any clue?
    I think this may be a bug for v2.5, it will be fixed in v3.

I didn't get my Eevee evolving into Glaceon to work on my mobile phone, so I just started a new game on my computer. I'm really enjoying Beta 2.5 so far! Since I'm playing this as a nuzlocke, I don't think that the game is too easy. I'm currently grinding for the second gym, and I just battled my rival. His level 20 Prinplup pretty much one-shot my lvl 18 Luxio with Bubblebeam and my lvl 18 Nidorina only had 2 HP left after another one of those attacks. That being said, I don't know whether or not that Prinplup had max IVs in SP.Atk or not, but I certainly wouldn't call this game too easy. I also found a bug while fighting against one of the artists in the Art place or whatever. Her Smeargle used Dragon Tail on my Flabebe, which didn't do any damage, but it did swap out my Flabebe. Hope you can fix that!
    Thank you! I'll look into that bug with Dragon Tail, although I do remember fixing it once before so it's strange that it's come back again.

3 question:This game have primal reversion?,Why the female pyroar have primal kyogre cry this is normal?,you could put xy oras remastered cries?
    Primal Reversion, while technically in the code, is not something that can be accessed at the moment. Similarly, the data for Primal Kyogre is in the ROM but it cannot be obtained in-game. As for female Pyroar's cry, that is likely just a bug; it will be fixed for v3. I don't plan to redo any of the cries for Gen. 1 - 5 Pokémon, but the Mega Evolutions and Gen. 6 Pokémon do have (compressed, and therefore lower quality versions of) their Gen. 6 cries.

I hope this ROM Hack gets completed because I don't want to play Beta/Alpha/Build Hacks. Excited here. Hype!
    Thank you!

This hack is so ****ing amazing *-*
    Thank u for giving us this game *-*
    Good luck with your work ;)

I have only one question: are u going to introduce charizite X in future releases?
    (Sorry if someone has already asked about this)
    Thanks! Charizite X will eventually become available, yes.

The bottom floor of the Telmurk Warehouses has a few, strange appliances! In Beta 3 you'll be able to change your Rotom's form by interacting with these appliances. You can revert them back by interacting with the red toolbox.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    The bottom floor of the Telmurk Warehouses has a few, strange appliances! In Beta 3 you'll be able to change your Rotom's form by interacting with these appliances. You can revert them back by interacting with the red toolbox.

That looks really cool! Can't wait for the next release! :)

Now playing further on the beta, I realized two things that I don't know if have been reported:

- When the enemy Pokémon uses Endure, and you hit them, the enemy does not lose HP (instead it gain 1 HP).
    - I was battling Fernando's Ralts with a Monferno and it burned the Ralts, wich had Synchronise, but for some reason my Monferno did not get the burn.
    Since Synchronise did work in other ocasions, I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or not...

And yes, I'm playing the most recent version.

And now a couple of suggestions:

- Why don't you make the player receive a Net Ball before entering the Bug Catching Contest? Since it's the first Pokémon caught that counts we could use it, and it would give that 2gen feel with the special PokéBalls and all.
    - Do you intend to revise the new move animations? Not necessarily for the new beta, but at least for the final version of the game? I mean sure, maybe animations are not that important, but it would give a more polished and unique look to the game. Like, Scald and Brine having the same animations as BubbleBeam are just a little bit odd. Maybe mixing animations from different moves would be cool, like you already do with other moves. A mix of Hydro Pump and Ember or Hydro Pump and Mist (to simulate the hot vapor) would look awesome.

But then again, just suggestions. All up to you in the end :)

Good luck with the game ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    So Lumineon's party/box icon is slightly terrifying as is - you'll see what I mean :P

Also, although Aromatisse is not yet available, in my Pokedex the colours of its icon seem a bit off... it looks too blue to me. Maybe it's just my eyes though, there's a chance it could be fine.

As of a few updates ago, I noticed that Skrelp now has location data putting it as wild near the Battle Marsh. It would make sense for it to reside in the filthy ponds, but I haven't been able to find one through either fishing or random encounters. Can you confirm I'm looking in the right place?

Loved the Rotom video :D Any more stuff you can show for the upcoming update would be awesome!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    yes, it's that same ROM. I couldn't get it to happen again either - after triggering it once and loading an earlier save, it didn't happen. Using Vba-link 1.7.2

Are you have solution if i did not save it manually? I got this bug too :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    My experience: Got to my favorite part. Bug catching. Loved doing it in gen 2. Farmed 34 times for regal stone. Finally got one! hooray. inv full :( however! I did it 3 more times after and got regal stone. 10/10 would catch bugs and fill boxes up with beedrills again

Back