• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Game Map Off

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Brought to you by Manipulation and judges Spherical Ice and Zeffy.

Hello, welcome to one of the events on the creative side of PokéCommunity's 2010 get-together. This event is focused towards creating a map that looks like one from a Pokémon Game. You can use anything you want to create your maps, you can use a hacking map tool, a game development tool, anything else there is and just plain old Paint. I recommend:

Advanced Map
    RMXP

This event will last from the moment this thread is approved to the end of Friday 13th August in EST. From August 14th-15th, the rest of the judges and I will be calculating the winner and will reveal the result on either the 15th or 16th depending on how long the judging process takes:

You, the members of PokéCommunity, will post your maps that you have created in this thread, using this form:

Map Name: (Optional, just gives the map a sentimental value if you wish.)
    Tool Used: (It's so we can rate each map given what tool used, some tools are easier to use than others. ie. Paint compared to RMXP.)
    Map Shot: (Just an image of your map, you must wrap it in spoiler tags or your post will be deleted and doing it more than once may result in disqualification.)
    Credits: (If your map uses custom tiles from artists around the community you must give credits to them or risk disqualification and infractions.)
    Additional Comments: (Optional, just let's us know if you want to add any details about your maps.)

After they have been posted, I, personally, will select the ten best maps from the lot. After the ten have been selected I will contact the other two judges and we will rate the ten maps with this criteria:

Layout/Design /10
    Playability /10
    Mapping Errors /10

After we're doing rating we will give each map an average from the three ratings, the map with the highest rating will be deemed the winner.

Additional Information:

• When I've chosen the top ten maps I will reveal them in the thread and formally stop the signing up phase. Anybody who doesn't make it this phase will receive the consolation prize of a participation emblem. 4th-10th will also receive this emblem.
      [*]When we reveal 1st-10th we will post all ten maps and their ratings; each map will also receive a paragraph of constructive criticism from each of the three judges.
      [*]1st-3rd will receive an emblem that states their placing in this competition, they will not receive a participation emblem.
    Here are the emblems that will be awarded/given out.

1st Place:
    Pokémon Game Map Off

2nd Place:
    Pokémon Game Map Off

3rd Place:
    Pokémon Game Map Off

Participant:
    Pokémon Game Map Off

Credit to Abnegation for making them. :)​

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    I'm just submitting this, since i have a few spare maps, and i know i wont win anyways.

Map Name: Desert Entry
    Tool Used: AdvanceMap
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: nintendo, i guess? no custom tiles...
    Additional Comments: boy i really suck don't i? theres more in here than what it looks like, trainers and stuff.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    A map from my RMXP fangame :D

S o r o s e City
    Tool Used: RMXP

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Kyledove -- Trees, Houses, Picket Signs
    Craig -- Broken down Lighthouse
    Don Patch -- Palm Trees
    Novus -- Dirt Path, skinny trees

Additional Comments:
    Sorose Island is a small mountainous isle apart of the large Gulf of Outa which, unfortunately, is notorious for its near constant rain. Because of its location, Sorose City is almost always under a blanket of overcast or stuck in a passing rain shower, which is the cause for the numerous puddles scattered throughout town.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    A map from Pokemon Cerise.

Map Name: Emerald Town
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Tools Used: Advance Map
    A Little Information: A town where everything is clean/fresh/free.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Map Name: Route 1
    Tool Used: A-Map
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:Alistair and PHO for the Rombase
    Additional Comments: Just a first route, it's supposed to be simple,
    It leads to a cave.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    I been looking forward to this :D

Spoiler:

Name: Griteloupe town
    Game: Hyacinth
    Tiles: Banjora Marxvile And reck

Comments: there's a map which connects the bottom center and left paths, essentially making an S-shape path.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Map Name: Lake of Eternity
    Tool Used: A-Map
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    -Saurav -For the trees, the ground, flower and Pokécenter/mart
    -Wesley FG -For the path and the house
    -Doktor Worm. -For the mountains
    -Gary93 -For the gym
    -MASTEROFPUPPETS -For the rombase

Additional Comments:
    The small lake in the middle is located in a mountain valley, making it a tough place to find. The only person who lives here, is the protector of a mysterious cave that is believed to hold the ultimate power in the universe. The power to enter it lies in the lake...

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Map Name: Route 1: Electric Boogaloo
    Tool Used: A-map
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Additional Comments: Know this won't win, but why not? Might as well.

Years
    Map Name
    Rocky Point Pass
    Tool Used
    Advance-Map
    Map Shot
    Spoiler:

Additional Comments
    This map was made specifically for the contest, and it was one of my favourite ones to make, even if it was time consuming. This route would take you out of a forest (with the outskirts of it seen at the bottom), and towards a cave in the north. The cave would probably be at a later point in the game, but probably not in a Victory Road setting.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Map Name: Canterbury
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Additional Comments: This is a shot of my Canterbury map from a hack that I'm just playing about with at the moment which is based on the UK (it's more of an exercise at the moment). The goal is to create maps using only the standard FireRed tileset that were also new and interesting at the same time. I was particularly pleased with this one. ^^ I tried to make it parts of it look cramped and busy but also have open areas of space, like the real Canterbury.

(By the way, I guess we're only aloud to post 1 map each?)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Map Name: Untitled
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Additional comments: Just a practice map.
    Credits: Kyledove Rombase

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013

Map Name: Verdance Wood
    Tool Used: Advance Map
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: Javs - grass tiles
    Additional Comments:
    I feel that this is the best I've done at emulating the "Nintendo" style of mapping. To me, it looks like it could have come straight out of one of the games. Please note that the "dead ends" have items in-game, and they're not just there for no reason.

Back