• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
  • If you're using MrDollSteak's base, here's a tip that I found out about: change whatever decides the ROM base from BPRE to MrDS. Works for me!

Sorry if anyone already covered this. I just don't remember anyone talking about this. :U

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • If you're using MrDollSteak's base, here's a tip that I found out about: change whatever decides the ROM base from BPRE to MrDS. Works for me!

Sorry if anyone already covered this. I just don't remember anyone talking about this. :U

This is clearly labeled in the provided documentation. I find it disheartening that most of the replies to this thread are about issues caused by not reading the incredibly clear instructions that come with the program.

I love this thing, by the way, Karatekid552! Unfortunately, I don't have any further suggestions for it other than what I sent a week or so ago via the report function in the program. Keep up the awesome work.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • This is clearly labeled in the provided documentation. I find it disheartening that most of the replies to this thread are about issues caused by not reading the incredibly clear instructions that come with the program.

I love this thing, by the way, Karatekid552! Unfortunately, I don't have any further suggestions for it other than what I sent a week or so ago via the report function in the program. Keep up the awesome work.

Tomorrow, I am coding this thing so that the very first thing it does is open the documentation.:) There will be a little text file that keeps track if you have done it or not.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years

That's in the documentation.

I'm 100% in agreement with Deokishu.
    The documentation is incredibly user-friendly, easy to read,
    and answers nearly every single question that has been posted
    here in regards to the program generally, and more specifically
    functionality with my rombase.

Both Karatekid552 and I have received an incredible amount
    of questions about how to get this to work with my patch
    even though it has been very clearly outlined in the documentation.

It all takes away from the amazingness that is this tool!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I doubt that would do any good to code it, most people will just scroll down to the bottom of the documentation, I know that's what I might end up having to do since You guys helped me out even after I had actually read through the document to figure out how to do it. In fact I'm just gonna wait for when you and Mr.Dollsteak update your stuff before I try to expand the pokemon again.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Tomorrow, I am coding this thing so that the very first thing it does is open the documentation.:) There will be a little text file that keeps track if you have done it or not.

I'm not sure how many reports you're receiving through the program's report system, but you may want to suggest the user read the documentation there as well before it allows them to send anything to you. Maybe just a prompt that comes up saying something like: "Before you write this report, have you read the documentation provided with this program? Yes/No" If they hit no, open up the documentation, if yes, just let 'em write the report. Just to try to hit home that, y'know, reading it is probably a good idea if you don't know what you're doing or can't get the program to work.

I blame our education system, really. Why don't kids like to read anymore?

karatekid552

Years
  • I'm not sure how many reports you're receiving through the program's report system, but you may want to suggest the user read the documentation there as well before it allows them to send anything to you. Maybe just a prompt that comes up saying something like: "Before you write this report, have you read the documentation provided with this program? Yes/No" If they hit no, open up the documentation, if yes, just let 'em write the report. Just to try to hit home that, y'know, reading it is probably a good idea if you don't know what you're doing or can't get the program to work.

I blame our education system, really. Why don't kids like to read anymore?

Actually, 90% of errors I get are encoding errors coming from trying to open roms with really, really weird filenames. (It's even more awkward because the loader is encased in a try block, meaning it shouldn't raise an error..........) For common errors, as you have seen, I have included code which explains them if you try to report them. So yeah, most errors I get have nothing to do with the documentation.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    I had originally been using YAPE to edit pokemon in a fire red rom. i found your tool, and decided to use it to add new moves, since YAPE has a move limit. Upon finding the add more pokemon 387+ i went back into yape to remove the pokemon i had placed in the ??????s between Celebi and Treeko. Now the rom no longer opens in your editor. Help?
    Attached is the error message and the message that appears when you hit yes on the send report.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I doubt that would do any good to code it, most people will just scroll down to the bottom of the documentation, I know that's what I might end up having to do since You guys helped me out even after I had actually read through the document to figure out how to do it. In fact I'm just gonna wait for when you and Mr.Dollsteak update your stuff before I try to expand the pokemon again.

That's a horrible attitude.

If they want to scroll down fine. But then they shouldn't complain.

Also why do you need me to update my stuff before you expand?
    The only thnig relating to G3HS in my next update is removing the
    00 00 or 00 01 at FFFFFE, to try and reduce the amount of posts
    KK gets.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    That's a horrible attitude.

If they want to scroll down fine. But then they shouldn't complain.

Also why do you need me to update my stuff before you expand?
    The only thnig relating to G3HS in my next update is removing the
    00 00 or 00 01 at FFFFFE, to try and reduce the amount of posts
    KK gets.
    I just don't want to do that, apply the patch I have, expand the pokemon, then When you release the update and I apply it then it end up causing a bunch problems with the rom it's happened back when you first released a patch update when I applied it to a hack of mine. And sorry for the attitude When I posted that post I was extremely sleepy

karatekid552

Years
  • I had originally been using YAPE to edit pokemon in a fire red rom. i found your tool, and decided to use it to add new moves, since YAPE has a move limit. Upon finding the add more pokemon 387+ i went back into yape to remove the pokemon i had placed in the ??????s between Celebi and Treeko. Now the rom no longer opens in your editor. Help?
    Attached is the error message and the message that appears when you hit yes on the send report.

Something is amiss here. As you can see, there is a list index out of range. What that means, is I made a list of evolution types and it attempted to load a type not in that list. Possibly, YAPE screwed up. Not sure though.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    any idea on how to fix it? all i did was replace the named pokemon in the blanks with ??? and remove the evos.

karatekid552

Years
  • any idea on how to fix it? all i did was replace the named pokemon in the blanks with ??? and remove the evos.

I wonder.... Do you think YAPE fills the evos with FF? that would cause an error.

I think I am going to recode that section so that if it fails to load an evo, it just resets it to nothing. That should fix your issue. I want to have the update done by this Friday, but I don't know. I have a lot going on this week.

BTW, why did you use YAPE for that? G3HS can do it just fine.....

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Sorry for this post not sure if this thread is for help on your tool or review but here I go ;) <3<3 EPPPPIIICCCC XD this tool looks useful(yes looks, because I can't download due to slow internet -___-) Well I wanna try it out sooo badddddd :c I need it since I used mrdollstreaks patch so i kinda in no progress anyways looks good thanks for your hard work and time spent into this :)

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    I wonder.... Do you think YAPE fills the evos with FF? that would cause an error.

I think I am going to recode that section so that if it fails to load an evo, it just resets it to nothing. That should fix your issue. I want to have the update done by this Friday, but I don't know. I have a lot going on this week.

BTW, why did you use YAPE for that? G3HS can do it just fine.....

Thank you and i shall look foward to the next release then

karatekid552

Years
  • Does this work with windows 8? Im running windows 8.1 Or is it just me?
    Spoiler:

You said you have slow internet. That could be the issue as the file could have been cut into pieces for download and improperly reassembled due to a break in the connection of some sort. I would download it at school and bring it home on a flash drive.

Back