• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
Hi,Sir! My friend told me that he has a suggestion for G3HS and these are his original words:"feature: apply move over 511 expansion and redo all exist learned move data in one click". will that feature be possible?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
This looks pretty neat. I'm looking at slide 2 of 14 and it seems like while you can edit base stats and EVs, there's no way to tinker with its nature or IVs. Do you plan on adding this feature in a future release?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
it is, obviously you did not read the documentation which came with the download (im assuming you did download this).

Using a hex editor, go to 0xAC in your rom. On the side, you will see text (BPRE would hope, lol). Type over this with MrDS, then load your rom up in the suite. It will read from MrDollSteak's section of the ini and load everything just fine. After the first loading, it is okay to change it back to BPRE.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
http://prntscr.com/3xtt4o

Whenever I load a clean Fire Red rom, it does this.

Also, I tried changing the ini file where it says

Code:
justusestandardini = False

to

Code:
justusestandardini = True

but that didn't do anything.

Not all firered roms are good. A lot have been pre-hacked by the people that ripped them and it shifts the data around. I would get a different rom from a different source. Contact me via pm if you still can't get it to work.

This looks pretty neat. I'm looking at slide 2 of 14 and it seems like while you can edit base stats and EVs, there's no way to tinker with its nature or IVs. Do you plan on adding this feature in a future release?

Nature and IVs are determined by the games PRNG at time of generation of the pokemon. These cannot be edited before hand.

Hi,Sir! My friend told me that he has a suggestion for G3HS and these are his original words:"feature: apply move over 511 expansion and redo all exist learned move data in one click". will that feature be possible?

That should come when I get to the move editor. I wish I wasn't so busy man...

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Not all firered roms are good. A lot have been pre-hacked by the people that ripped them and it shifts the data around. I would get a different rom from a different source. Contact me via pm if you still can't get it to work.

Thanks! It works now, and it looks AMAZING. This is a huge improvement. Good luck in future development, mate :)

I have a question, I expanded the pokedex by 1 pokemon. Is "TEMP" the new slot that was added? Just want to make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
Hopefully I don't sound too stupid asking this. I'm trying to give all the Pokemon richer, deeper colors. I edited the palettes and saved, and at a certain point, I started to sometimes get a message that I had to choose an empty space to repoint it to. So I did. Then after a while, I tried to go back to one of the Pokemon I'd edited, and it gave me an error and wouldn't show me those sprites. When I loaded the game, the first few Pokemon I changed looked different, and the rest looked identical to the way they do in the base game.

Any idea why?

karatekid552

Years
To the guy above me, wait until I update and then try again. I have no idea really.

One Last Feature:
Guys, I need your help for the last feature in this version. It is evolution by location. In FR, there is a table at 0x3F1CAC that points to each location name. I need this table for every game. Now, this table is a little weird since its first entry is 0x58 (pallet town) and it ends with Celadon Dpt. at 0xC4. So what I need from you guys, is to go through R,S,E,& LG and find this same table and what it's first and last entry correspond to. Then I will prepare the update and you guys can break it and tell me to fix it some more:P

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
To the guy above me, wait until I update and then try again. I have no idea really.

One Last Feature:
Guys, I need your help for the last feature in this version. It is evolution by location. In FR, there is a table at 0x3F1CAC that points to each location name. I need this table for every game. Now, this table is a little weird since its first entry is 0x58 (pallet town) and it ends with Celadon Dpt. at 0xC4. So what I need from you guys, is to go through R,S,E,& LG and find this same table and what it's first and last entry correspond to. Then I will prepare the update and you guys can break it and tell me to fix it some more:P

You might be able to find that in a tool like Advance Map. You should try that.

Years

One Last Feature:

After I went through them, I realized that R,S and E haven't the same loacation name table like FR and LG. The location name in R and S were started with Littleroot Town and ended with Secret Base. I found nothing with Pallet Town and so on. And I found out Pallet Town in E but it was located at the middle of the pointers of the text of location name which at 0x5A1738. Its entry (0x58) was same as the FR and it ends with Pattern Bush. Then I can't found anything about Celadon Dpt. again. The same table in LG at 0x3F1AE8.

PS: Referred to this website: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_locations_by_index_number_(GBA), it explained that: Locations with index numbers up to 087 appeared in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, those with index numbers between 088 and 196 appeared in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, and those with index numbers beyond 197 are exclusive to Pokémon Emerald.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
I really hope the emerald pokedex expansion comes soon. I did it manually only to have this tool mess up everything. During the process I repointed and expanded my pokedex entries by x2600 bytes, that's x20 bytes per each of the 304 that I added. Repointed the number in my ini, everything seems fine. I left the amount of non dex pokemon after chimeco the same because I wish to make use of the unowns. So far so good, no dex entries for the unown forms, although the egg entry has a dex entry, not sure if this is normal. Now take note, my new dex entries are all still blank. What my next step was to start renaming all my new pokemon, it seems that the only option for this is 'Save All' :/. So I'm happily renaming my pokemon until I realise it's been saving rubbish in the pokedex entries. Open up my hex editor, go to where my new pokedex is, a huge gap has been left unused at the start of my new pokedex space, I see that further along the line it has been over writing some bytes (even though I just wanted to change my pokemon's name ffs!!), and lo and behold it has gone beyond the borders of my pokedex and it is writing random bytes into other data that I had after the pokedex! Murder! Frustration! And with no warning that this was happening whatsoever. Please make saving the name for your pokemon only overwrite the name table? Otherwise I hope that emerald extension comes soon.
Edit: Ok it was largely my stupidity, I should have filled my dex section with pre existing data. But it would be a nice little tweak if name changing could be done independant to anything else...
Thanks for an excellent tool, things have come a long way since I was last trying a pokemon rom hack :)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Something interested I noticed. JPAN's routine that lets you skip you naming the rival seems to cause the game to crash if you expand the PokeDex. I tried a fresh FireRed rom with the routine and it works fine, but as soon as I expanded the Dex... nope. Any ideas why? :( (It also might have caused problems with another routine that I inserted since that crashed too but I haven't tried that with a blank ROM yet so it's unverified. :p)

karatekid552

Years
After I went through them, I realized that R,S and E haven't the same loacation name table like FR and LG. The location name in R and S were started with Littleroot Town and ended with Secret Base. I found nothing with Pallet Town and so on. And I found out Pallet Town in E but it was located at the middle of the pointers of the text of location name which at 0x5A1738. Its entry (0x58) was same as the FR and it ends with Pattern Bush. Then I can't found anything about Celadon Dpt. again. The same table in LG at 0x3F1AE8.

PS: Referred to this website: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_locations_by_index_number_(GBA), it explained that: Locations with index numbers up to 087 appeared in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, those with index numbers between 088 and 196 appeared in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, and those with index numbers beyond 197 are exclusive to Pokémon Emerald.

So, from what I gather:

E: 0x5A1738 - 0x0->0xD4 (0->212)
LG: 0x3F1AE8 - 0x58->0xC4
R/S: ??/?? - 0x0->0x57

Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
Are you going to implement Emerald pokedex expanding? If so, do you know around what day? Because there is already a tutorial.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Are you going to implement Emerald pokedex expanding? If so, do you know around what day? Because there is already a tutorial.
Did you go through the tutorial and do it yourself. That's what I did, and I got it working with this tool as well. Also, let him take his time. He's busy with his real life, or something.

Back