• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
  • I have problems regarding the extended pokedex on Fire Red. I added Mega Pidgeot on the expanded pokedex and made the Pidgeot evolve to Mega with Sun Stone (for testing purposes), but when I give a sun stone to Pidgeot the box just says "huh?" then nothing happens. Tried changing the evolution method to level-up and the same thing happened. It seems that there is a problem accessing the expanded rom. Any help would be appreciated.
    Check if your national dex is enabled? That's when that happens

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
    Years
  • I have problems regarding the extended pokedex on Fire Red. I added Mega Pidgeot on the expanded pokedex and made the Pidgeot evolve to Mega with Sun Stone (for testing purposes), but when I give a sun stone to Pidgeot the box just says "huh?" then nothing happens. Tried changing the evolution method to level-up and the same thing happened. It seems that there is a problem accessing the expanded rom. Any help would be appreciated.

This was kinda answered already, but I want to clarify for you so you're not confused.

When you set up a Pokemon in any position after the original 151, no matter what Pokemon you have evolve, the game will not allow evolution to occur until you have activated the National Pokedex. Any Pokemon you have will not be able to evolve if the Pokemon it evolves into has a National Dex Number of 152 or more. Once the National Dex is enabled, this restriction is lifted and you can freely evolve. Try testing by evolving Bulbasaur into a Venusaur. It's a more easy method of testing tham trying to evolve into a Pokemon that has a National Dex Number of 252+.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    This was kinda answered already, but I want to clarify for you so you're not confused.

When you set up a Pokemon in any position after the original 151, no matter what Pokemon you have evolve, the game will not allow evolution to occur until you have activated the National Pokedex. Any Pokemon you have will not be able to evolve if the Pokemon it evolves into has a National Dex Number of 152 or more. Once the National Dex is enabled, this restriction is lifted and you can freely evolve. Try testing by evolving Bulbasaur into a Venusaur. It's a more easy method of testing tham trying to evolve into a Pokemon that has a National Dex Number of 252+.

I see, but if it is not an evolution, let's say just some random pokemon will it show up without a problem?

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Hi, in the tool, there is an option called "Expand Pokemon". I used that to expand the the number of available pokemon, but, once I've insered the pokemon, I don't have any idea how to find the pokemon in question in other tools or in-game....because I can find them only with G3HS...

How can I do to put those pokemon in the game please ?? :3c

(Sorry for my bad english)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I see, but if it is not an evolution, let's say just some random pokemon will it show up without a problem?

Yes it will. This problem only occurs with evolutions to Pokemon that are 151+

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    Yes it will. This problem only occurs with evolutions to Pokemon that are 151+

Tried on a non-evolution pokemon and it still not showing up on the wild pokemon list when I use Advanced map. Do I really need to get the national dex first to access any pokemon I added?

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
    Years
  • I see, but if it is not an evolution, let's say just some random pokemon will it show up without a problem?

Bingo!

Hi, in the tool, there is an option called "Expand Pokemon". I used that to expand the the number of available pokemon, but, once I've insered the pokemon, I don't have any idea how to find the pokemon in question in other tools or in-game....because I can find them only with G3HS...

How can I do to put those pokemon in the game please ?? :3c

(Sorry for my bad english)

As far as map editors go, you have to use Map Editor of Happiness to do that when it is complete. As of now, your option is to use a hex editor. Some programs will allow you to view the extra pokemon (so I hear) by editing the .ini file. I don't know off-hand which programs or what edits to make, so try to look through the pages of this. I THINK somebody posted previously how to do it for SOME programs. Another option is to make it so that the Pokemon you want to add are "events" within the game. That is an easier option for making them appear or be given (from my point of view) as all you have to do is write the script (which PKSV-UI's Script Generator feature already does for you) and for the Pokemon, put the number of the Pokemon you want to add.

And TECHNICALLY, by putting them in through the tool, they already are in the game. You just cannot naturally encounter them in the Wild just yet without MEH or Hex Editing. MEH (Map Editor of Happiness) is a ShinyQuagsire product that needs more support and enthusiasm as it's all we really have that will potentially compete with A-Map's utility.

Tried on a non-evolution pokemon and it still not showing up on the wild pokemon list when I use Advanced map. Do I really need to get the national dex first to access any pokemon I added?

I will explain this in simplest terms so nobody gets confused:

When you evolve a Pokemon, it does not matter what Pokemon you are evolving, but if you are evolving ANY Pokemon... the Pokemon it is evolving into needs to have a National Dex Number of 151 or LESS in order to successfully evolve WITHOUT a National Pokedex. If the Pokemon you are evolving into is 152 or greater, you need the National Pokedex. It does not matter if it is a real Pokemon, a Fakemon, a Pokemon that has been moved to a different spot in the Pokedex, or anything. All that matters the Pokedex reads the Pokemon's number as being 151 or less (a Kanto Pokemon, basically) OR you need to have the National Pokedex.

Honestly, it's that simple.

Here is a tutorial for you:

1) Make evolution
    2) Receive Pokemon that evolves into said evolution
    3) Check National Pokedex Number of the Pokemon you are trying to evolve into (NOT the Pokemon you are attempting to evolve)
    4) If National Pokedex Number is 151-, skip the next three steps
    5a) Change the Pokemon's location so it is 151-
    5b) Change the Pokemon you are attempting to evolve into to a Pokemon whose Number is 151- so that you can check that evolution is working properly
    5c) Give your character the National Pokedex
    6) Check that your Pokemon is within the first 151 Pokemon OR that you have the National Dex
    7) Go get a drink because this is taking you longer to read than to actually do
    8) Run a test and have the Pokemon evolve.
    9a) If #8 fails, go back to #3
    9b) If #9a fails, THEN ask for more advanced help
    10) If #8 succeeds, congratulations, you can evolve.
    11) Now to check that the Program properly added more Pokemon AFTER Chimecho: Make the evolved form be placed after Unown ! and Unown ?
    12) Proceed to give yourself the National Pokedex (not just the normal dex)
    13) Proceed to evolve the Pokemon
    14a) If #13 fails, check that you have the National Pokedex, not just the Kanto Dex
    14b) If #14a fails, ask for help THEN
    15) If #13 succeeds, applaud yourself for properly inputting a new Pokemon beyond what already exists in the Pokedex!

If I missed a step, please correct me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    I saw hex editing, but it requires that the pokemon is first accessible on the list of the available wildpokemons. If it isn't listed how can I do the hex editing?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I saw hex editing, but it requires that the pokemon is first accessible on the list of the available wildpokemons. If it isn't listed how can I do the hex editing?

It's because the list in A-Map is fixed, so it won't show expanded pokemon. This doesn't mean that they aren't in the game. You'll either have to hex edit in the a pokemon into the wild, or creating a give-pokemon script. Or, you can wait for MEH by ShinyQuagsire to have a stable release or download the A-Map provided by GoGoJJTech in the research and development section's quick research thread.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Bingo!

As far as map editors go, you have to use Map Editor of Happiness to do that when it is complete. As of now, your option is to use a hex editor. Some programs will allow you to view the extra pokemon (so I hear) by editing the .ini file. I don't know off-hand which programs or what edits to make, so try to look through the pages of this. I THINK somebody posted previously how to do it for SOME programs. Another option is to make it so that the Pokemon you want to add are "events" within the game. That is an easier option for making them appear or be given (from my point of view) as all you have to do is write the script (which PKSV-UI's Script Generator feature already does for you) and for the Pokemon, put the number of the Pokemon you want to add.

And TECHNICALLY, by putting them in through the tool, they already are in the game. You just cannot naturally encounter them in the Wild just yet without MEH or Hex Editing. MEH (Map Editor of Happiness) is a ShinyQuagsire product that needs more support and enthusiasm as it's all we really have that will potentially compete with A-Map's utility.

I will explain this in simplest terms so nobody gets confused:

When you evolve a Pokemon, it does not matter what Pokemon you are evolving, but if you are evolving ANY Pokemon... the Pokemon it is evolving into needs to have a National Dex Number of 151 or LESS in order to successfully evolve WITHOUT a National Pokedex. If the Pokemon you are evolving into is 152 or greater, you need the National Pokedex. It does not matter if it is a real Pokemon, a Fakemon, a Pokemon that has been moved to a different spot in the Pokedex, or anything. All that matters the Pokedex reads the Pokemon's number as being 151 or less (a Kanto Pokemon, basically) OR you need to have the National Pokedex.

Honestly, it's that simple.

Here is a tutorial for you:

1) Make evolution
    2) Receive Pokemon that evolves into said evolution
    3) Check National Pokedex Number of the Pokemon you are trying to evolve into (NOT the Pokemon you are attempting to evolve)
    4) If National Pokedex Number is 151-, skip the next three steps
    5a) Change the Pokemon's location so it is 151-
    5b) Change the Pokemon you are attempting to evolve into to a Pokemon whose Number is 151- so that you can check that evolution is working properly
    5c) Give your character the National Pokedex
    6) Check that your Pokemon is within the first 151 Pokemon OR that you have the National Dex
    7) Go get a drink because this is taking you longer to read than to actually do
    8) Run a test and have the Pokemon evolve.
    9a) If #8 fails, go back to #3
    9b) If #9a fails, THEN ask for more advanced help
    10) If #8 succeeds, congratulations, you can evolve.
    11) Now to check that the Program properly added more Pokemon AFTER Chimecho: Make the evolved form be placed after Unown ! and Unown ?
    12) Proceed to give yourself the National Pokedex (not just the normal dex)
    13) Proceed to evolve the Pokemon
    14a) If #13 fails, check that you have the National Pokedex, not just the Kanto Dex
    14b) If #14a fails, ask for help THEN
    15) If #13 succeeds, applaud yourself for properly inputting a new Pokemon beyond what already exists in the Pokedex!

If I missed a step, please correct me.

Ok, thank you very much I'll try it ! :)

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • ;-; Another thing, I use the Mr. DollSteak's decap and attack rombase.
    Before, all worked perfectly, but now when I try to open my rom, the G3HS tool send a message error : "There is a Unknow rom ID at the 0xfffffe offset"
    and he close...

What should I do ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    I can't post links so I can't post the images.

Whenever I add a dex entry by 'catching' pokemons from the national dex(ingame, natdex activated using a-save). The process just shows "[pokemon] data has been added to the pokedex" then shows the nicknaming the next.

While when I 'caught' a pokemon that is added on the dex (expanded dex), it shows this image instead as the dex entry :

i.imgur. com / wcrUBmb. png (kindly remove the spaces)

am I missing or accidentally doing something here?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    ;-; Another thing, I use the Mr. DollSteak's decap and attack rombase.
    Before, all worked perfectly, but now when I try to open my rom, the G3HS tool send a message error : "There is a Unknow rom ID at the 0xfffffe offset"
    and he close...

What should I do ?
    Click yes. Then every time after (if it asks about the ID not being valid or something like that) click no.

The INI will make a new entry for every time you open your ROM though.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Click yes. Then every time after (if it asks about the ID not being valid or something like that) click no.

The INI will make a new entry for every time you open your ROM though.

I tried to do it but when I click yes, All the attacks of my rom are replaced by a "x\" ...:(

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
    Years
  • I tried to do it but when I click yes, All the attacks of my rom are replaced by a "x\" ...:(

Sounds like you may have had a data corruption. I don't know the side effects of every one of these tools, but it may be a possibility. Try again from a back-up or previous save state. If the results are the same, try from a clean rom and check to make sure you're doing it right.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Sounds like you may have had a data corruption. I don't know the side effects of every one of these tools, but it may be a possibility. Try again from a back-up or previous save state. If the results are the same, try from a clean rom and check to make sure you're doing it right.
    I remember reading something about using A-Map can corrupt the INI somehow. It's weird.

If all else fails:
    1. Redownload the MrDS patch
    2. Get the G3HS INI from it.
    3. Copy over the changes made in your INI from Pokedex expansion/evolution expansion to the new INI.
    4. Use that and see what happens.

If it doesn't do anything, it's definitely your ROM and you need to start from either a backup or from scratch.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • Restart from scratch....Nothing works...The older backup are in the same case, and when I patch a clear rom with Mr.DS's patch it makes the same weird thing... :/

Another thing, I tried to pacth a new fire red rom with MrDS's patch, but with this one the error was about the moves :
    "Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini file or the learned moves offset is bad/corrupted."

What is this again ???

Last edited:

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
    Years
  • Restart from scratch....Nothing works...The older backup are in the same case, and when I patch a clear rom with Mr.DS's patch it makes the same weird thing... :/

Another thing, I tried to pacth a new fire red rom with MrDS's patch, but with this one the error was about the moves :
    "Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini file or the learned moves offset is bad/corrupted."

What is this again ???

So it is one of three things.
    1) You're messing something up.
    2) What you're trying to do is incompatible with your implemented mods.
    3) You forgot to change the Decap. and Attack modded rom back into a BPRE format after opening it in G3HS.

Remind me what you're trying to do again.

And that error is the result of the ini being wrong. Check that all information in the ini is right.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
  • I'm trying to re-open my rom or a backup. I didn't forgot to change the rom back into a BPRE after opening it in G3HS.

Back