• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Nah, that's not the problem. It has got to do with reading the new 3 byte moves incorrectly.
    I meant actually using another tool, such as PGE and such. If you're asking about things that can only be edited using this tool or by hex, I'm afraid you'll have to resort to using a hex editor for things like habitats. Karatekid DID throw in the source code though, so if you can find the part that handles the three bytes, you could potentially fix this problem with enough know-how.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • I meant actually using another tool, such as PGE and such. If you're asking about things that can only be edited using this tool or by hex, I'm afraid you'll have to resort to using a hex editor for things like habitats. Karatekid DID throw in the source code though, so if you can find the part that handles the three bytes, you could potentially fix this problem with enough know-how.

As mentioned PGE and D&D work fine. I doubt I have got that know-how, so I was hoping someone found a fix already, but I guess not. You see, G3HS is my favorite of the Pokémon editors, so I'm sad to see it leave my repertoire. Then again, I can use it if copy in the old move pointers, edit, and copy back the new ones.

Years
  • Yeah, I copied the one you provided, and replace the G3HS old one for the one you provided, but the error still remains

You need to use the .ini I provided. Check my thread.

I replaced the .ini and change the name to MrDS.

Spoiler:

There's the .ini. (I dunno which one it goes to)

Everything is \x.

Years
  • I replaced the .ini and change the name to MrDS.

Spoiler:

There's the .ini. (I dunno which one it goes to)

Everything is \x.

For me everything is also \x and it still gives me the error

RWB

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    I dunno how to start this tool up. Anyone who can help a newbie?

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
    Years
  • Hi I'm new to Fire Red Hacking, and I used G3HS to add 200 more Pokemons. Is this feature really safe to use?

Years
  • Got this error. It started back when I imported sprites for one of my Fakemon in a hack I'm working on. I'll probably post a link to the patch or something but I seriously want this fixed (if possible, I don't want to restart work on my hack):
    Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Got this error. It started back when I imported sprites for one of my Fakemon in a hack I'm working on. I'll probably post a link to the patch or something but I seriously want this fixed (if possible, I don't want to restart work on my hack):
    Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Oh, this bug.....I remember getting this when I was replacing the TEMP sprites as their slots were filled in.

Apparently, even though the box was unchecked, it still wanted to fill the old sprite with free space.

This horribly breaks 'shared' sprites, and the only fix I could manage was to reload a blank sprite for the TEMP and always click 'no' if it says something about repointing shared sprites.

I don't know if this is the same as your problem, though I did pretty much get that exact message.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    I never got that on my MAC. guess it works better for me. :)

If the above is correct: SUCK IT PC USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

If the above is in correct: {D:} You will all die tonight PC users.:pink_shifty:

It might be best just to ignore me though. I get problems opening it, and saving pokedex entries.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Yeah, I have problems with Dex entries almost every time I want to write one.

Which is annoying, because I have about 100 new Pokémon that need Dex entries and it refuses to repoint them without infinitely looping errors (Global name 'pnl' is not defined).

Upon further inspection, this error only seems to happen when the 'Fill the old Dex entry with 0xFF?' appears in the window.

If that option doesn't appear, it repoints fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Wow, that is genius... Now I can basically add fully functional Pokemon... But when I input the front and back sprites, one would change into not working ones, how do I fix that?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Wow, that is genius... Now I can basically add fully functional Pokemon... But when I input the front and back sprites, one would change into not working ones, how do I fix that?

if you insert frames separately (64x64)this will happen as front and back sprites palette won't be same.so,instead of inserting image separately you should use LOAD 256x64 SHEET option and input your desired pkmns front and back sprite (must be 256x64)

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Why can't I expand the amount of pokemons? I pressed that expand Pokemon button but it crashed the program instead, Is this a bug?

Years
  • if you are opening a hack then you need to modify the INI of this tool.ask creator of that hack if he will give you the ini

So, I asked him and he said this:
    "you need to edit the ini file of gen 3 hack suite (in the ini : 550 pokémons; 24 types; 154 ability)"
    Now, how do I proceed with this? That .ini file is really messy, I don't have a single clue

Back