• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I have a lunchbox full of the old Pokemon Trading Cards, I stopped collecting them after the Johto series was released though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to have a few shiny cards, but wound up losing them all; they were stacked together, put them in some place, and later forgot. :( I could still try searching, but not exactly sure how much luck I'd be having.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I used to have a bunch of cards but I honestly have no idea where they are now. Maybe I gave them to my brother? I really can't remember, lol. I used to just collect the cards but I never actually did anything with them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I used to have a bunch of cards but I honestly have no idea where they are now. Maybe I gave them to my brother? I really can't remember, lol. I used to just collect the cards but I never actually did anything with them.

Same here! I think I lost a lot of them when moving houses when I was younger, I found a few in my mom's car the other day under a seat so who know. My favorite card was the holographic Mew I received after watching the original Pokemon movie. Also, answering the topic the Johto region and Generation 2 is my favorite. <3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The only card I've ever gotten is a Flygon EX from a friend,which he promptly took back unfortunately. It seems that cards are really rare around here, my friend says he had it imported all the way from US...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have any of you guys bought decks before? I did, but only a couple. Completely forgot what their names are, because, well, it was a long time ago I've gotten a hold of these things. ):

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
Years
Have any of you guys bought decks before? I did, but only a couple. Completely forgot what their names are, because, well, it was a long time ago I've gotten a hold of these things. ):

I did! but only when I realized they had themed decks of characters...haha.
James' Rocket Returns deck
Cyrus' Galactic deck
and a World Championship deck from 2011 that I pretty much broke down into 3 seperate decks

Years
Never decks, but I bought the Infernape Lv. X, solely to have a Lv. X card, haha. Similar to EX, I was desperate to have one, as rare as they were, and having one guaranteed was too much for me to bear. It's currently in my closet, never used and in perfect condition. Literally all I did with it was show it off :]

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Yes. I used to crave ex cards haha. I often bought ex cards on eBay because pull rates were terrible for me and I would end up spending more money on boosters than what it would cost to simply buy an ex card online. However I did enjoy collecting rare cards and holos from buying all of those boosters. I've always wanted to own all of them (at least the English ones) but that's an expensive goal o_0

Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
I've always been kinda weary about buying a single card online. People always want to jack up the prices on them, and I never really know what's a wise bargain.

Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You heard the man. Let's head over there for the lengthy TCG chat and start talking about how badly we want Mega Evolutions of the other two Hoenn starters instead!

I for one really hope Sceptile's mega evo turns out to look somewhat drastically different. Make something cool with the tail, maybe make it very long? Or give the pokémon bigger leaf blades on its arms, à la Gallade.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any Megas for Sceptile and Swampert, but if they will exist, I could see Sceptile being more leafy and Swampert might gain some more fins. Mega evolution designs seem to take existing features of Pokémon and duplicate them... Unless you're an Ampharos, then you get dragon wool :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
And unless you are Kangaskhan, then your baby suddenly grows up :p

I think they will get Mega forms. I can hope, at least! Maybe it'll be an in-game thing even, finding the suitable eviolites?

Years
Watch, they'll pull a Mega Venusaur and just add a stick in Sceptile's mouth and call it its Mega Evo.!

I'm still hoping that Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evos. since Blaziken has one. It'd also be cool if Sceptile gained an extra type upon Mega Evolving--maybe Dragon? Grass/Dragon would be neat + unique, albeit it'd have a 4x Ice weakness. (But then again, there are plenty of Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground Pokemon that kick butt.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd really like Sceptile's mega-evolution to be part dragon-type. Whenever I look at this Pokémon, I instantly get reminded of dragons, so personally, I'd love it if it were typed as such. :] As for Mega Swampert, I'd like to see them introduce it, but don't have any ideas for it, though.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Considering they put Dragon typing on Ampharos of all Pokemon, I can definitely see Dragon being a huge possibility for Sceptile..
And I agree that it would be amazing to see.

But I'm fairly certain that Swampert's typing will remain Water/Ground. Because it just suits him quite a good deal.
No other combination is really standing out to me for Swampert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back