• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Considering they put Dragon typing on Ampharos of all Pokemon, I can definitely see Dragon being a huge possibility for Sceptile..
Well, Ampharos' Japanese name is Denryu, which can literally translate to 'electric dragon,' so I thought that typing made perfect sense (just like making Snubbull/Granbull Fairy types, since their species names are the Fairy Pokemon).

That aside though, I'd be happy with Mega Sceptile gaining an additional Dragon typing, or even Dark type due to some of its ninja-like qualities. As for Mega Swampert, I'd expect its typing to remain the same, too. I've got no idea what either of those two should look like, but I know that if we do get a Mega Sceptile, I'll be using the heck out of it.

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
thinking about it now, the fairy types will change hoenn much more than I thought. in the gen two remakes they didn't have a new type to worry about, now the fairy type comes in? interesting, well, at least I wont have such a hard time with Winona and Altaria, (A.K.A Whitney and miltank 2.0)

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Some people are saying that if MSceptile is real it would be grass and dark, dragon sounds better to me

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd rather grass/dragon myself, in part because we already have a few grass/dark types about. Something new, please! But of course, that's assuming it gets a mega!

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Grass/Dark would make Mega Sceptile seem ninja-like à la Greninja. Do not want :) Grass/Dragon is my bet! I guess Swampert would stay the same typing and get bigger fins... Remember what they did with Mega Manectric, we could get huuuge fins on Swampert like that xD

Also guys, check out the new Pokémon Media Lounge! If you come across a cool fan-made video or sound/song related to pokémon, share it in that thread so that the rest of us can view/listen to it as well and chat about it~ And of course, or perhaps most of all - if you create pokémon videos or songs yourself, this is where you can get attention and feedback. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
thinking about it now, the fairy types will change hoenn much more than I thought. in the gen two remakes they didn't have a new type to worry about, now the fairy type comes in? interesting, well, at least I wont have such a hard time with Winona and Altaria, (A.K.A Whitney and miltank 2.0)

I haven't thought of this at all!! I'm excited to see fairy types in Hoenn. I see them helping out a lot with the Elite four. Sidney (dark) and Drake (dragon)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Some people are saying that if MSceptile is real it would be grass and dark, dragon sounds better to me

I wouldn't really like it if Mega Sceptile wound up to be dark, haha. It's already super-effective against fire, one of the most common types you'd see in competitive scene, and turning it vulnerable to fighting and fairy would make it... even less appreciated, so to speak. :(

Years
I wouldn't really like it if Mega Sceptile wound up to be dark, haha. It's already super-effective against fire, one of the most common types you'd see in competitive scene, and turning it vulnerable to fighting and fairy would make it... even less appreciated, so to speak. :(

Don't forget the 4x weakness to Bug, orz

Anyway, I can't see Sceptile being part Dark. It doesn't seem malevolent enough to gain the type, and while not all Dark types come off as malevolent, it just doesn't fit. Grass/Dragon would still give it a weakness to Fairy, but it'd also resist Fire and gain Dragon STAB.

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014

Anyway, I can't see Sceptile being part Dark. It doesn't seem malevolent enough to gain the type, and while not all Dark types come off as malevolent, it just doesn't fit. Grass/Dragon would still give it a weakness to Fairy, but it'd also resist Fire and gain Dragon STAB.

Speaking of dark types. Since spiritomb's release (my favorite pokemon!) I've always aimed to have either spiritomb or sabeleye or even both on my party in each game, because as we all know, they had no weakness. And then fairy came about, and I realized that the pokemon that I had respected as a idol, suddenly had to face the wrath of adorable creatures. Seriously, spiritomb is frightening, I can't even look straight at it in Pokemon amie, and it can be defeated by a flower baby

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

They could always tone down its color scheme a bit, make some of its become completely dark, turn its eyes a little more vicious-looking, and it should be all set; by looking, this should explain that it's partially dark-type. :] Like I said, though, I just personally wouldn't like it, haha.

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
They could always tone down its color scheme a bit, make some of its become completely dark, turn its eyes a little more vicious-looking, and it should be all set; by looking, this should explain that it's partially dark-type. :] Like I said, though, I just personally wouldn't like it, haha.

The dual dragon typing would be great. But im not sure how it would be designed. I've seen fan art of a Sceptile with pterodactyl wings, and another with more-dragon like wings coming from the back

Years
If Sceptile does get a Mega evolution, which I hope happens, then I'd like to see him become Grass/Dragon. His high physical attack combined with new-found STAB dragon moves would make for quite the powerhouse, haha. Swampert's fine with its current typing, so don't see that changing. I would be disappointed if they made Sceptile's Mega Dark type, because its not as useful of a type and doesn't fit his design as well.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Sceptile doesn't seem like a dragon to me. If anything, I could see it becoming Poison but there are already way too many Grass/Poison Pokémon. Steel would make some sense because of its leaf blades, but sharp =/= metal. They could actually make its leafs be covered in steel but that's too much IMO. Swampert's type should definitely remain unchanged because its current type makes perfect sense according to its design and inspiration.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Scyther definitely isn't a lizard; it's a bug. xD" If it were, though, then its skin wouldn't have been as sharp-looking and more smooth, like Feraligatr's.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There are lots of smooth-looking Pokemon that actually have fur...like Spheal.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I always thought Diglett was without fur until I took a closer look at this card:
Spoiler:

Furry Diglett is the cutest :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I always thought Diglett was without fur until I took a closer look at this card:
Spoiler:

Furry Diglett is the cutest :3

Um this is eye opening to me I literally never realized diglett had fur. I kinda imagined it made of dirt even though that doesn't make too much sense lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think it actually has fur. I think the card was wrong. Because Pokedex:

Its skin is very thin. If it is exposed to light, its blood heats up, causing it to grow weak.

I think the card took "like a mole" too literally, all the other art shows it without fur. But then again....Spheal.

Years
Never thought of Diglett as one to have fur, but seeing as it is based in some shape or form off of a mole, that could make some sense. However, if it does indeed have fur, it's probably coarse and difficult to see with the naked eye. Spheal may just look like it doesn't have fur because of the severely cold climate it lives in, causing the fur to stick together tightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back