• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    That's an odd thought in itself. Pokémon already have vast and surprising evolutions, but to possibly mutate into _____ is a whole grand scheme of potential that awaits to be unlocked

pkmin3033

Mutation = surprise evolution, which may or may not happen as your Pokemon levels up? I can only imagine how thoroughly aggravating that would be in the game, as it'd probably be determined by the Random Number God...who is ever fickle in Pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always believed that it's good practice to be praying to them once every night or two, so that they could mutate any one of my Pokémon someday and make it seem special, one-of-a-kind.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mutation = surprise evolution, which may or may not happen as your Pokemon levels up? I can only imagine how thoroughly aggravating that would be in the game, as it'd probably be determined by the Random Number God...who is ever fickle in Pokemon games.

However Some Pokemon doesn't evolve by Leveling Up aka Pikachu .
    They need something else to evolve like Stone , Trade , Item , Place , Time etc etc .
    Also All Combee doesn't become Vespiquen .
    Only A female Combee evolve into Vespiquen.
    However , It also consider a Evolution.
    Honestly , It seem GF Simply using Mutation to drew eye From Evolution. Because Diancle does seem like a Evolution that Some Carbink might go though .

pkmin3033

I've always believed that it's good practice to be praying to them once every night or two, so that they could mutate any one of my Pokémon someday and make it seem special, one-of-a-kind.
    I prefer to just give mine nicknames...I could sacrifice a goat every full moon to the RNG and I think it'd probably still ignore me! xD

However Some Pokemon doesn't evolve by Leveling Up aka Pikachu .
    They need something else to evolve like Stone , Trade , Item , Place , Time etc etc .
    Also All Combee doesn't become Vespiquen .
    Only A female Combee evolve into Vespiquen.
    However , It also consider a Evolution.
    Honestly , It seem GF Simply using Mutation to drew eye From Evolution. Because Diancle does seem like a Evolution that Some Carbink might go though .
    You're overlooking the fact that you can force all of those to occur, and it will happen to every single Pokemon that fits the criteria. If you don't stop it, a female Combee WILL evolve into a Vespiquen when it reaches a certain level. If you use a Thunder Stone on a Pikachu, it WILL evolve into a Raichu. These are things you can predict; things you know will happen.

Mutation is random. Not every Carbink WILL mutate into Diancie, regardless of what you do to try and ensure that they would; otherwise there would be millions of Diancie running around the Pokemon world. That is the key difference between mutation and evolution. Of course in the games its a completely moot point, but that is what the Pokedex entry is implying, and why it doesn't just say that Diancie is an evolved Carbink.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • Could you imagine a wiki page for (Pokémon name here) if it just randomly mutated by chance each time you caught it? Would that even be possible to breed out?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with Zeria :3

Do you guys think they'll ever continue making new proper evolutions for pokemon? I guess it was alright back in the days when things could be explained by new stones or items but now it might be a bit weird to retcon things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe they will, sure. There are Pokémon out there many of us feel that deserve an evolution (or pre-evo), and it'd definitely be satisfying if they were to introduce something for them, aha. Off top of my head, I'd say I would really like to see an evolution for Skarmory. Although it's already pretty good on its own, it mostly plays defensively; once it evolves, perhaps it could gain a bit of decrease in defenses and get boost in Speed and Attack, so that we would be able to utilize this Pokémon as sweeper and whatnot. It's already got access to a bunch of good moves in its arsenal, I believe, so we likely wouldn't have to worry much in terms of that, hopefully.

Years
  • I'm hoping normal evolutions aren't a thing of the past, but by the way things look, it seems every single pokemon will have their own mega evolution before the games all die out

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Better with Megas than no evos, I say!

I don't think we'll be seeing any more prevos though.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I really hope we still see some normal evolutions instead of just all Megas for those that
    don't have three stages. Megas are cool with me, but I don't want regular evolutions to suddenly cease. I guess since we got Sylveon there is still some hope, but then again, they can't really give the Eeveelutions all Megas because that would be overkill. That, and it was an easy way to introduce the Fairy-type.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You would think they'd introduce some more evolutions. They allow for a lot more creativity than mega evolutions.

pkmin3033

Some cynics would argue that's precisely why they aren't introducing more evolutions! xD;

I'd like to see some more evos and pre-evos, though...they add fresh character to old favourites. I'd also like to see some more variations on existing Pokemon - either in gender differences like Meowstik (still waiting on male Jynx and Mrs. Mime here!) or through alternate forms - for the same reason. New Pokemon are great, but it's nicer when one generation has ties to the previous ones...it feels more complete that way; more natural. At least to me. That was one of the reasons I didn't get along with Black as well as I might have otherwise.

...I can't wait to see Mega Wobbuffet, though. Or Mega Spiritomb. Ahahaha.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I would like to see more than evolution type things. I would like to see more items and things to do with Pokemon... I'm not a huge fan of worrying about how much it evolves, I guess. It no longer impresses me after a while.

...Although I would love to see a Mega Weavile.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    ...I can't wait to see Mega Wobbuffet, though. Or Mega Spiritomb. Ahahaha.

Spiritomb no longer has the can't-touch-me feel thanks to fairy-types coming into existence (I hope I'm not wrong), so I don't believe them introducing a mega-evolution for the Pokémon at this time won't be much of an unwise choice. I'm pretty interested in how it could possibly look! Perhaps it could have more of gas surrounding its body, having it look bulkier and whatnot?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Mega Weavile would be pretty cool, thought Weavile itself is already quite good. And Mega Wobbuffett...there are no words.

Years
  • Mega Weavile actually seems like a good idea, and is one of the Pokemon I'm surprised they haven't jumped on yet. I would've gladly taken that over Mega Glalie, though I understand that they wanted to introduce more Hoenn megas first with ORAS coming out.

And I'd be curious to see how they do a Mega Wobbuffet. I'm not into competitive battling, so I don't know what stat boosts/abilities it could benefit from, but off the top of my head, I can't think of too many upgrades for it with a limited movepool like that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow. As Sneasel and Weavile are some of my all favorite pokemon ever, I would be absolutely thrilled to see Mega Weavile. However, I would also be terrified if they made it look hopelessly cartoonish or robotic. But that would be hard to do with such a sleek original design :3

pkmin3033

I would imagine Mega Weavile getting...spikier. Or maybe with a bit more decoration to its crest. For some reason, I think it'd look a lot like Super Silver the Hedgehog...only black. I have a terrible imagination sometimes. xD

I wonder what Mega Castform would look like...would it still change form depending on the weather, or would it stay stuck in normal form and get boosted stats to compensate? I've always thought Castform had a lot of wasted potential; a Mega could unlock it and make it pretty viable...maybe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back