• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Because there are only 7 spots on my team and I need to use them for other Pokemon!!

He was perfectly fine with me getting rid of Buneary and Spheal though. ;(

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Perhaps he thinks that Charmander is much cuter than Spheal or Buneary. Which is wrong because Spheal is the cutest. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Meh, both Buneary and Spheal are better looking than Charmander. I just can't picture lizards as being cute. Or rats or dogs, for that matter.

Cat Pokemon on the other hand, are the epitome of cuteness. As long as you ignore Purugly, lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
SEVEN spots on the team? This game is witchcraft! THE STANDARD IS SIX STICK TO THE STANDARD OR EVERYTHING FALLS APART!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well to be technical none of them are "mine", that's why they go away. There's no storage system and once I use their field move they go away forever, lol.

Also I don't think Pokemon is good at making cat Pokemon tbh. :x

Years
Well so far the cat Pokemon are quite good.

Meowth's line is what you call the classy sort of cat, owned by the rich.

Skitty's line is the typical cute cat most girls who want to own and most may not want to evolve it.

Purrloin's line is more towards stray cats as it has the badass features and the only feline that's Dark-type.

Of course the only one I dislike is Glameow's line, I really hate the design of it especially the tail. x/

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Of course the only one I dislike is Glameow's line, I really hate the design of it especially the tail. x/
Glameow's line is supposed to be the modern cat. Skinny at first but after a few years, they become fat. Especially if not fed properly. :3;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I want a cat Pokemon like this:

PersianWhatDoYouWantChurch.JPG

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
@vappy - ahahah I agree. xD

And Toujours, the cat reminds me of a movie. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It could be Cats & Dogs' Mr. Tinkles?

cats__dogs3.jpg

or the King from The Cat Returns?

5688-1375375820.png

But proooobably Crookshanks from Harry Potter:

crookshanks3.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well to be technical none of them are "mine", that's why they go away. There's no storage system and once I use their field move they go away forever, lol.

Toujours, you make me miss playing Ranger. WHY. I WANTED TO FORGET IT EXISTED BECAUSE IT WAS SO BORING. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Toujours, you make me miss playing Ranger. WHY. I WANTED TO FORGET IT EXISTED BECAUSE IT WAS SO BORING. :(

I love the gameplay, I think the capturing system is fun, but I'm tired of the story lol. I'm kind of at the point where I just want to beat it because I know I'm close to the end (the people keep saying "so you're leaving soon...") and it would be a shame to stop now, lool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I got bored of it after a while, especially drawing circles against certain IMPOSSIBLE Pokemon like Steelix and stuff, it was like... "my hands can't take this but I must carry on ;__;"

I only played the first one btw, and the hardest part was in the poison area. :3 I kept having to reset/refresh there, or whatever the word was!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I remember now! It was Mr. Tinkles and Crookshanks!

And Danica if you thought the game was boring why do you insist on playing it/detailing us with your adventures?!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've never played Ranger, and from the sound of things I've saved my wrists a lot of pain. Aside from Colo/XD, I've never been big into the spinoff games anyway... the basic trainer travels and battles with Pokemon formula is still the best IMO.

Shame about those cat Pokemon... it's like Game Freak is biased against cats and shows it by making them mediocre or worse... But sometimes a cat lover has to bite the bullet and make some sacrifices... *is well aware that Persian is the Achilles' heel in their team*

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
I got bored of it after a while, especially drawing circles against certain IMPOSSIBLE Pokemon like Steelix and stuff, it was like... "my hands can't take this but I must carry on ;__;"

I only played the first one btw, and the hardest part was in the poison area. :3 I kept having to reset/refresh there, or whatever the word was!

Oh, Ranger? I liked the second one the best, the first one was impossihard. I remember I sat for two hours trying to catch that Entei and I was about ready to snap my DS in half. I think I beat Steelix by leveling up a few times and my capture string was JUST long enough.

The hardest part for me was the ending, I had to get a friend to beat it for me. The changing platforms I think? I dunno. Recently I tried to go back and capture mew and I realized 'OH WAIT I NEVER WANNA PLAY THIS VERSION AGAIN'. I bought the third one as well, but it didn't keep my attention. Maybe I'll go back to it later...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
While we're talking about the Ranger series (which I haven't played yet, boohoo), I'd like to point out that the Mystery Dungeon series are awesome. kthnxbai

Popsicle

~Dancing Crazy~
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2012
The Mystery Dungeon Series is awesome but if there were no main Pokemon games and you needed to choose between Ranger and Mystery Dungeon I would choose Dungeon every single time. The Ranger series is actually pretty hard believe it or not. In Shadows of Almia, against the Ramparados (Oh god what's the plural for Ramparados) was so hard. It was probably the only thing that wanted to make me through my DS at a wall, start hitting it with a baseball bat, and then put in a blender. Yeah I was one of the people who sometimes like the Spin-Off Series and sometimes hate it with all my guts. Although I am overcoming my hate for Spin-Off games by wanting Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Colosseum for Christmas.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Mystery Dungeon... not my thing... I'm one of those people... those people who subscribe to the "Pokemon games without trainers are like computers without hard drives" train of thought.

Plus the box art... with the Pokemon wearing those tacky looking neck cloth thingies... did not make a strong first impression. I also played a 5 minute demo at GameStop back in the day, and the gameplay didn't appeal to me either.

Besides, if I was in control of a gang of Pokemon, I wouldn't have them save others or do random fetch quests. I'd have my crew pull bank heists or operate massive Ponzi schemes instead :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back