• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I don't have anything that I particularly want, though Charizard 3DS XL coming out in North America would be lovely, not that that's likely to happen here.

GUYS I had a dream that I bought a 3DS and Pokémon X!!! So vivid. But then I woke up, so disappointed. Haha. Is this a sign that I should by them?

You've made a terrible decision not to buy them earlier.

Years
    Is it bad enough that I've already gotten bored of playing Pokémon Y? I dunno why, but it's probably the soonest I've ever gotten bored of playing a Pokémon game since its release.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Is it bad enough that I've already gotten bored of playing Pokémon Y? I dunno why, but it's probably the soonest I've ever gotten bored of playing a Pokémon game since its release.

Besides the fact that it took me longer to finish X than any of the other main series (real life time, not in game time), I definitely became bored with it immediately after finishing it. I think I've only played seven hours during November and this month combined. I blame the lack of post game activity and I'm not a big fan of constant battling like the Maison and Chateau. I'm not going to worry about completing the Pokédex until Pokémon Bank and Transfer are released. I'm still enjoying the soundtrack, though :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thankfully, I'm not bored of Pokémon Y just yet. I am done with the Looker quests and everything, but yeah… I'm still not bored with it. At the moment, I'm spending time building a competitive team and doing battles online. Maybe you should try the same, Zach? :o

Last edited:
    Years
    I... still haven't beaten Pokemon Y yet. I keep kidding myself that it's because I wanted the game to last longer than just a couple days (like I did with White 2), but I haven't touched it since November, and don't have any desire to. Granted, I always go through phases like that with Pokemon where I'll get bored of it and not want to play for a couple of months, and then I'll get the urge to play again and spend hours at a time playing.

I'm guessing that I'll be playing it again after Christmas when Pokemon Bank/Transfer come out, though. I've got dozens of Pokemon I'd like to have in my game, and that'll give me a good reason to finish it up.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you don't feel like playing anymore, Brendino, you can always post me your game and console as a Christmas gift 8D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    Didn't know this was a chit-chat based on the link, so I'm pretty much jumping in from nowhere (I literally thought this'd have more to do with Christmas :P).

I agree with being wary of bug types iRL. Well, maybe. See, I already have a strong disliking towards most insects already. Pokemon as a whole though are way smarter, so that's the one thing that makes me slightly more confident about them. Sure, Scyther may have sickle hands, but it's also not some hive minded creature that acts solely on impulses like a mindless robot. I can't say the same thing about these stupid little farrow ants...

Beedrill look to be worse than yellow jackets, though. They're always angry it seems. Or maybe the anime just likes to use them as quick threat material and doesn't give them their real dues. They're guilty of stuff like that, too. :\

Favorite berry? I don't play the games intently enough to really have one. I seem to get paralyzed an awful lot, though, so I grow and use more Cheris than anything.

And as for playing the newest game, eh, I'm on badge five going on six. I wouldn't say I've gotten bored with it, but other things keep coming up, and when actually given free time, I tend to use that time more productively than not. That is, I tend to draw or work on a solo game project rather than watch TV or play video games. It's always been that way. I'm certain I have a laundry list of games I actually like but never finished.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There is a golden prefix that sits on most chit chat threads in sections :) but maybe we should make the title a bit clearer anyways, thanks for pointing it out. They're playing so much with the dcc title down in the off-topic sections so I wanted to imitate ;D

Wobbu

Years
    I wouldn't mind getting a FireRed or Ruby case for Christmas. It's been years since I have last seen them. I'm surprised that the cartridges are still in good shape after being out in the open for that long.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were to get anything Pokémon-related for Christmas, I'd go with plushes. Ones that feature sixth-gen Pokémon, preferably. xD Pokémon t-shirts would be nice, too. I used to have a Pikachu tee, but somehow, I ended up losing it last year. Spent hours searching for it, but I still couldn't find it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You know what I really want for Christmas? A Pikachu jacket. With ears and tail and all that. I don't think Hot Topic sells it anymore, which is a bummer though.

Years
    All I Want For Christmas Is Brendino
    Doesn't everybody?

If I could get just one Pokemon related thing for Christmas, it'd be the poster in this picture (it's a little small, but it was the best one I could find). I had the exact same one growing up, but it eventually got torn and I had to throw it away. I've been looking for a few years to replace it, but the only ones I've ever found were reprints that were half the size.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    If could get one thing Pokémon-related for Christmas, it'd definitely be more plushes! I don't really have anywhere to store them for now until I get a bigger place to live, but I'd love to have a huge collection of Pokémon plushes. I'll be in my 40's and show everyone my Pokémon plush collection like, "Hey, check out this vintage Oshawott plush I got during an event back in 2010!" (or 2011, I can't remember lol)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If could get one thing Pokémon-related for Christmas, it'd definitely be more plushes! I don't really have anywhere to store them for now until I get a bigger place to live, but I'd love to have a huge collection of Pokémon plushes. I'll be in my 40's and show everyone my Pokémon plush collection like, "Hey, check out this vintage Oshawott plush I got during an event back in 2010!" (or 2011, I can't remember lol)

Your kids and grandkids will love you.

So have you guys got any pokemon or PC related new year resolutions? I for one want to make PGen even better and start up some more events or contests.

I'm impressed we are soon at the end of the favorite pokemon voting tournament!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    HEY, FELLOW MEMBERS.IS ANYBODY SELLING A 3DS XL OR POKEMON X OR Y FOR CHEAP. I'VE JUST RECENTLY GOTTEN INTO PLAYING POKEMON AND I REALLY WANT A 3DS XL OR POKEMON X OR Y. I ALSO REALLY WANT A GROWLITHE(PREFERABLY A NEWLY HATCHED ONE) FOR POKEMON HEARTGOLD OR WHITE OR WHITE 2. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MESSAGE IF YOU ARE SELLING A 3DS XL, POKEMON X, POKEMON Y, OR WANT TO TRADE A GROWLITHE(PREFERABLY A NEWLY HATCHED ONE) FOR ANY POKEMON I CAN CATCH ON POKEMON HEARTGOLD OR WHITE OR WHITE 2.

LIGHTMASTER720
    Quoting from our forum rules: "The PokéCommunity is not a platform to sell goods or services." So you'll have to take your query elsewhere on the web, I'm afraid. Try looking around official sites selling the consoles and games and compare prices, or maybe Amazon?

Also, if you are looking to trade any pokémon, it's the Trade Corner you should be visiting! :) Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    sorry.but thanks anyway for telling me.i appreciate it.i didn't know you couldn't sell things on pokecommunity.com.i hadn't read the forum rules. i will read them now,though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haven't made much friends in PC this year, aside from only about five or six. Next year, I'll try to make even more. The more friends there are, the better, right? n__n I'll also try to raise my activity a bit. At the moment, I just don't feel as if I'm very active, unfortunately.

Oh, wow. When does it end, exactly? o: Are we going to be have any other contests/tournaments after this?

Wobbu

Years
    My Résolutions are: finish all challenges that I start, complete the XY National Dex, finish Ruby, FireRed, XD, Diamond, Pearl, White, Conquest, Ranger, Guardian Signs, and Gates to Infinity (these are all the games that I started over the past couple years), watch every anime episode that I haven't watched yet (DP and early BW), and maybe grow my TCG collection.

My PClutions are still being thought about. Maybe I should post more outside of Alternative Pokémon Discussions?

Oh, wow. When does it end, exactly? o: Are we going to be have any other contests/tournaments after this?

I think the last round starts when 2014 begins. I don't know if there will be two semifinal rounds with half of the past winners or if all of the past winners are going to compete against each other in the next round. Let's hope that there will be more contests :15:

I'm impressed we are soon at the end of the favorite pokemon voting tournament!

It's hard to believe that it's been going on since July and that it's almost over... What am I going to base my signature off of now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back