• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just because they were leaked at the same time, a lot of people seem to think they are trio. Personally though, I don't. If they were, they would've looked similar to each other and had matching characteristics, just like all other trios. These three—they're nothing like that. They are all unique and different in their own way.

Years
  • I always assumed Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion had a similar role to Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus- clearly not a trio, but they just happened to be held back together, so one might assume they were if they hadn't seen them before.

As for myself, I like Hoopa out of the three most, mainly due to its design and its Psychic/Ghost typing (which kind of surprised me that it hadn't been used until now). Still, I'm very happy that they're cutting back on the number of legendary Pokemon we're getting, as 13 each for Sinnoh & Unova was getting a little much.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • To tell thetruth my favorite among them is Volcanion. It has awesome typing and a doughnut on it's back. Diancie looks okay although I don't like the stone at the bottom. Hoopah looks weird to say the least.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To tell thetruth my favorite among them is Volcanion. It has awesome typing and a doughnut on it's back.
    It seems to open them up when attacking though 8) Suddenly Blastoise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, that sounds pretty amazing. So, is it supposed to be like Blastoise's cannons, but only more curved?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's pretty interesting. I suppose this is what it'll be using when executing special moves like Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, etc. Can't wait to see the Pokémon in anime, haha.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't have an opinion about the three new Pokemon yet. :P

But I do like Alakazam and Froslass. Alakazam is a really good Pokemon to have in your team, because it's strong, fast, and has a good movepool to back it up. Froslass, on the other hand, is is actually a pretty cute Pokemon in my opinion.

Both of them are also really good in Pokemon Conquest from my experience.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    volcanion-vs-blastoise-pokemon-xy.jpg

Does anyone here watch (or play, or check now and then) Twitch Plays Pokémon, btw? It's a hilarious experiment xD

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • What is that I don't even. Maybe the tubes are the volcanoes?

That Twitch Plays thing is funny but also really frustrating lol. I was watching it last night and they kept opening the start menu and saving. They also kept going in circles x[ how did they manage to get four badges?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe they weren't so many people playing before xD now newspapers are writing about them and stuff.

Wobbu

Years
  • And PC now has Twitch tags too (although I doubt that they were made specially for the Plays Pokémon event lol).

Also RIP Wobbuffet and Flareon and Alakazam :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wobbuffet will surely return some day :) Alakazam is a loser though, and Flareon will forever burn on in our hearts anyways. Or through Twitch Plays Pokémon. Hooray for firestone working!

Wobbu

Years
  • Wobbuffet used Destiny Bond on Alakazam and it worked. Flareon was accidentally/purposely released by the thousands of players on Twitch.

Fun question: you have only one Revive in your bag. Would you use it on Wobbuffet or Alakazam?

Competitively I would revive Alakazam because Wobbuffet's pure defense is not fun to battle with. IRL I would revive Wobbuffet because it's the best Pokémon ever (maybe tied with Wailord).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd try to use the Revive on Alakazam, but I'm sure 50,000 people have other plans, and in a massive mashing of buttons, somehow we end up tossing the Helix Fossil instead.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • The TwitchPlays thing is really clever and hilarious, but man is it frustrating to watch! I've been watching a run of Emerald instead, where button inputs are randomly decided by RNG. It's similarly frustrating, but at least I can follow the chat! :P

Shhmew

Years
  • I didn't know the twitch thing was going on, I just checked on it. Wow.

It's not so fun though because if I send in controls too quickly, the chat is like YOU ARE SENDING MESSAGES TOO QUICKLY! and it disables my ability to chat for like 30 seconds. haha. But watching is pretty silly and oh so frustrating xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I need to watch that stream sometime. It looks so hilarious. And all the memes and drawings coming out. xD

If Alakazam is holding a Alakazamite (or whatever it's called) then I'd probably use the revive on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back