• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If its flames died I bet it would die. :(

Years
  • Isn't Charmander's dex entry something like if the flame on its tail goes out, it does? Could be something like that with Moltres, I imagine. Wonder if there's a scientific aspect to it, like the fire keeps its body temperature at a healthy level, and if gone, Moltres can't sustain that level and dies. :[

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, that definitely makes sense! That's only Charmander, though, and we're talking about legendaries here, so the story might still be a little different for Pokémon like Moltres. Also, to Rika and Brendan; there's some line-break at the beginning of your splash, and I was wondering... is this intentional? xD"

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Is talking about pokegen forbidden? If it isn't I really need pokegen help I don't have the time to spend making a perfect pokemon team can someone please help me?

Years
  • Oh, that definitely makes sense! That's only Charmander, though, and we're talking about legendaries here, so the story might still be a little different for Pokémon like Moltres. Also, to Rika and Brendan; there's some line-break at the beginning of your splash, and I was wondering... is this intentional? xD"
    My Firefox likes to randomly add line breaks into things every once and a while- I still haven't figured out why. Thanks for catching that, though!

Is talking about pokegen forbidden? If it isn't I really need pokegen help I don't have the time to spend making a perfect pokemon team can someone please help me?
    Hacking Pokemon is generally frowned upon here, but you could always check out our Battling & Team Building forum to help you come up with some team ideas.

Years
  • Oh, that definitely makes sense! That's only Charmander, though, and we're talking about legendaries here, so the story might still be a little different for Pokémon like Moltres.

True! Which is why it might be able to withstand much harsher conditions than your average Charmander, haha. Of course, it could go far as its fire being so strong that it simply can't be put out, which would make sense, considering legendary Pokemon usually do have that type of extraordinary, unmatched power.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Well in the manga Gyarados's Hydro Pump doesn't have any effect on Moltres's flames,so I'm guessing that it's no normal fire. Maybe we could put NeverMeltIce all over Moltres's body. Wouldn't that be ironic lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Is that like unbreakable wall vs. unstoppable force?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well in the manga Gyarados's Hydro Pump doesn't have any effect on Moltres's flames,so I'm guessing that it's no normal fire. Maybe we could put NeverMeltIce all over Moltres's body. Wouldn't that be ironic lol

Same could be said for Charizard, haha; it's been hit been water-type attacks a couple of times before in the anime, but I don't exactly remember seeing its flames being turned down. It could be just me, though.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Charizard is obviously quite stronger than Charmander in many ways. Perhaps not as strong as Moltres but at least enough to keep its flame in harsher conditions. That reminds me, Charizard's fire seems to become more fierce when its blaze is activated iirc. It's sad that Moltres didn't get a good ability in Gen III. Most old legendaries didn't, did they?

Years
  • Moltres is generally the forgotten bird of the trio, unfortunately. There's one for every legendary trio, I've found. Not exclusive to legendary Pokemon, either - there are a handful that I never remember exist. I basically forgot what Alomomola was until recently, haha. Back in the day, I'd tell my friends to ask me to list all the Pokemon, so I could brag about my knowledge, but every time they pointed out I forgot either Smeargle, Wobbuffet, or both. D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Really? I kind of felt like that was Zapdos, just like Jolteon in the original Eeveelution trio.

Years
  • Really? I kind of felt like that was Zapdos, just like Jolteon in the original Eeveelution trio.

It's all opinionated, but Zapdos had a lot more going for it in competitive battling, which in my mind made it more popular than Moltres. Which is ironic, because I consider Flareon to be the forgotten eevolution, and I consider Jolteon more popular for the same reason as Zapdos. o: Haha, funny how that is. I guess investing some time in the world of competitive battling changed my outlook on some aspects of Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm sort of on the same boat in this as Pepperton; to me, Moltres is extremely forgettable. Zapdos has that competitive use which makes me coming back to, and Articuno's beautify is simply impossible to be erased from my mind. Moltres, on the other hand, just doesn't seem to have anything special, sadly.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I agree. I've only ever use Zappy. Articuno is really pretty, but I always kill it before I have a chance to catch it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I like Moltres because it reminds me of one of my favourite Touhou characters, being a phoenix and all. That, and I've used an Agility Life Orb set with it in competitive, and it did pretty damn well. Zapdos is definitely my favourite of the 3 though - I'm just in love with its typing and looks. It's...outlandish, really. xD

By the way, here's the image I found that brought me that similarity. Just a warning, it's fairly large.

Spoiler:

The character's name's Fujiwara no Mokou, by the way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well I personally will always remember Moltres over the others. I used to love fire types during the first gen and I thought Moltres was the coolest thing. Since then I've gotten over it though and I actually find Zapdos to be cooler imo, but still, memories~

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    To me, Moltres would be the more forgotten one of the trio. Articuno was the beautiful one, and Zapdos (since I do like electric types) was my most used one of the 3. I don't think I had much use for Moltres unfortunately.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, with Charizard being in the game, Moltres just didn't find much use. Zapdos was strangely weak when I tried to use it but Articuno was okay. Ice :3

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Really?? Moltres is the forgotten one of those three? D:

Wow I was not aware. Somehow I was thinking it would be Zapdos, despite his popularity in the competitive battling field for so long. Ah well I think the phoenix will always be my favorite of the three. He's not only a bird, but he's on fire! This caters to my likes way too much. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back