• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Glameow

Purrrfect~
Years
  • I don't know why, but X and Sapphire I really feel like taking my time with the games. I'm not losing interest, or anything. I'm thoroughly enjoying them

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • I liked my team in Ruby my first go around, so I'm trying to duplicate it as best I can. The new Pokémon finder widget is so good

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was wondering , Gothitelle can warp Space and Reality due to its Great Psychic Pokemon !
    So , Shouldn't Mewtwo also have the power to warp Reality since his Psychic Power is greater then any pokemon ???
    After all , Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon and now probably the strongest Psychic type Pokemon.
    So Theoretically Mewtwo should enough atomic power to crush all metal and Warp Reality.
    Honestly , I think Mewtwo should be as Powerful as Alien X (Ben 10) ! Atleast then he should be on per with Arceus .

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was wondering , Gothitelle can warp Space and Reality due to its Great Psychic Pokemon !
    So , Shouldn't Mewtwo also have the power to warp Reality since his Psychic Power is greater then any pokemon ???
    After all , Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon and now probably the strongest Psychic type Pokemon.
    So Theoretically Mewtwo should enough atomic power to crush all metal and Warp Reality.
    Honestly , I think Mewtwo should be as Powerful as Alien X (Ben 10) ! Atleast then he should be on per with Arceus .
    Sure, Mewtwo can probably do whatever it wants to with its powerful psychic powers. The games just constrain the species a bit with its mechanics and need for balance.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Lore Wise, if you leave Arceus in the day care, he would have created a new universe within it, and every pokemon would WANT to breed with him, if you know what I mean, but game mechanics....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like some of us here, I also have tendency to use same Pokémon in my play-throughs of games. Though, I'm always open to trying newer ones every now and again; if they manage to impress, that's great, as they instantly join my list of favorites. If not, it's not a big deal; I'll eventually try figuring out some ways to utilize the Pokémon.

Talonflame was one Pokémon I was recommended to try, and it was certainly able to satisfy. Although average ones aren't precisely easy to utilize, ones that have Gale Wings ability are definitely easy; generally, they tend to make things less complicating, so to speak, and rather straightforward.

With Gale Wings, we're permitted to always strike first when using flying-type attacks, and Talonflame has access to plenty of them (Brave Bird and Roost, for example).

Years
  • In most of my in-game runs, I have often had this weird tendency to use the Roselia line a lot as my Grass-type. I used Roselia in Ruby, and then Roserade in Platinum, Pearl, Black 2 and X. Don't get why I love the line, but I think it's because Roserade is a pretty nice special attacker.

I came close to wanting to use it in Alpha Sapphire, but then I learned you had to wait until just before Lilycove to get a Shiny Stone, assuming you don't do secret Super Training. Because I was worried a Roselia may not be able to pull its weight until then, and because I suck at Super Training I ended up picking Breloom as my Grass-type member instead, and it also covered a valuable Fighting-type slot so I guess going with the mushroom was a useful 2-for-1 deal.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • Talonflame was one Pokémon I was recommended to try, and it was certainly able to satisfy. Although average ones aren't precisely easy to utilize, ones that have Gale Wings ability are definitely easy; generally, they tend to make things less complicating, so to speak, and rather straightforward.

With Gale Wings, we're permitted to always strike first when using flying-type attacks, and Talonflame has access to plenty of them (Brave Bird and Roost, for example).

I've never used it, but that's an interesting and nifty ability!

Years
  • ^ Indeed it is. Talonflame was like the most common crap that XY competitive had thrown at us for a good majority of the time there, priority STAB Brave Bird is good even though Talonflame is way fast enough. But its Attack is only average, which is why it needs boosts of some sort to really stand out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Since Dppt the bird of the region bores me about halfway through the game. I know Talonflame was def different from the rest. Kind of a breath of fresh air in a way, but I still found myself bored. Even some of the older birds bore me after a while so I've been avoiding catching them. I'm kinda sad though as usually the bird of the region is a staple for me.

Years
  • Mega Pidgeot is one that got a weird shift, instead focusing on its Special Attack stat that regular Pidgeot didn't have. Sadly, the only special moves Pidgeot can learn that really get any use out of No Guard are Heat Wave and Hurricane. And I guess Hyper Beam to a very small extent.

As for Unfezant, this isn't Gen V bias here but after a certain White 2 Challenge Mode playthrough that I went through last spring, it's a Pokémon I will never talk negatively about.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I haven't been a fanof bird pokemon since the tailow line. It was of one pokemon that was a surprisingly good addition to my team in place of the staple bug pokemon in Sapphire

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry, but there's only one king.

Pokémon General DCC

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I awlays loved Staraptor as a bird. He was the second pokémon I ever got to level 100, and is my main pokémon in Zeta/Omnikron.

Back