• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Genesis Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
Years
  • Dunno if this was ever mentioned:
    On Route 3 TM 06 - Toxic - never disappears after you get it, though it does appear in your pack. Basically, it provides an unlimited amount of the TM but it totally blocks whatever's behind it.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I hope I talk about the right game , but , when u exit south of the city with the Fighting Gym and Psychic
    u battle ur Rival , but after u talk to him... The game freezes.
    Whats now?
    Wrong hack, theres no Fighting Gym in Genesis.

Dunno if this was ever mentioned:
    On Route 3 TM 06 - Toxic - never disappears after you get it, though it does appear in your pack. Basically, it provides an unlimited amount of the TM but it totally blocks whatever's behind it.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, I've remapped that particular map and fixed that bug.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    On Route 5 I encountered the same problems as other people with the tree being cut and Freezing
    so i opened the game up in advancemap and there was two pieces of script sitting in the way that whenever i stepped on one the game would freeze, So i just moved them off to the side and that solved that. Also Had a problem with fighting Jim and whatever he name is in the Bar in frostpen.
    the game would freeze right before the battle. But i beat the gym then talked to them and it worked.
    But now im stuck in the next city where your rival is standing infront of the gym. when i talk to him it freezes. dunno what to do. Do i need to go find prof oak first?- NVM I just had to wait a little bit for the battle to start.

edit: also noticed that when i fought my rival the last time he had the same pokemon as me(mareep) instead of trapinch

Last edited:

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
    Years
  • On route 10 east of granite city when i'm walking through the grass some wild battles occur but other times the screen goes black and the game crashes. whats up with that ?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    On Route 5 I encountered the same problems as other people with the tree being cut and Freezing
    so i opened the game up in advancemap and there was two pieces of script sitting in the way that whenever i stepped on one the game would freeze, So i just moved them off to the side and that solved that. Also Had a problem with fighting Jim and whatever he name is in the Bar in frostpen.
    the game would freeze right before the battle. But i beat the gym then talked to them and it worked.
    But now im stuck in the next city where your rival is standing infront of the gym. when i talk to him it freezes. dunno what to do. Do i need to go find prof oak first?- NVM I just had to wait a little bit for the battle to start.

edit: also noticed that when i fought my rival the last time he had the same pokemon as me(mareep) instead of trapinch
    That'll be fixed in the new beta.

On route 10 east of granite city when i'm walking through the grass some wild battles occur but other times the screen goes black and the game crashes. whats up with that ?
    That'll be fixed in the new beta also. You've pretty much finished the game anyway so just wait for the next release.

loyalknight

pokemon master not a hacker
    Years
  • i dnt knwo if beta 3 is out yet but if it is can someone give me a link because i really enjoy this hack but ive got to the freezing tree south of second gym its really annoying

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    i dnt knwo if beta 3 is out yet but if it is can someone give me a link because i really enjoy this hack but ive got to the freezing tree south of second gym its really annoying
    It isn't out yet, what Thrace is saying is it will be fixed in the new beta.

loyalknight

Years
  • glitch

just thought id let u know in the city just after mt perin where u find the old man's teeth well i got the voucher and when i talk to the bike guy he talks to me as if ive already gave it to him.

just thougth id say if its been said sorry

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    Hey, I did download the Beta 2 fix and the same problem with the music and black screen happens with my rival... any way to go around this glitch?

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    I think there is a general problem with Beta 2 fixed and the rival trainer... I used gameshark to get around my rival and get HM Cut but now I fight my rival in front of the fourth gym and it gives me the same bug of the music playing with a black screen. Please try to zone in on this with Beta 3!

loyalknight

Years
  • I think there is a general problem with Beta 2 fixed and the rival trainer... I used gameshark to get around my rival and get HM Cut but now I fight my rival in front of the fourth gym and it gives me the same bug of the music playing with a black screen. Please try to zone in on this with Beta 3!

mate u just have to leave it about 1 min it will load

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    i beat the 2nd gym and go south, got the hm01(cut) but when i try to get in front of that tree where i suppose to use cut the game freezes?

what should i do?

EDIT:
    i DL beta 2, there are lots of SUNFLORA,im able to get through. right now i try to save my game inside the cave and patch the fixed beta 2...GL to you and to me

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    i beat the 2nd gym and go south, got the hm01(cut) but when i try to get in front of that tree where i suppose to use cut the game freezes?

what should i do?

EDIT:
    i DL beta 2, there are lots of SUNFLORA,im able to get through. right now i try to save my game inside the cave and patch the fixed beta 2...GL to you and to me
    You might as well stop there. A new beta will be coming soon with those bugs fixed.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    any idea how long till next beta thrace like a timeline and how far does it take us into storyline?
    I was hoping to get the beta out before Christmas but don't bet on it. I've restarted so there isn't that much more gameplay. It is different though in terms of maps and scripts and the storyline will advance a lot quicker.

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    "Bronzor used u!"

Ok, so I got the fight with my rival to work in front of the third gym methinks, and his Bronzor uses an attack called "u" (u with a roof accent) and nothing happens...

What is this, and should I just fight my rival until he doesn't use "u"?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Ok, so I got the fight with my rival to work in front of the third gym methinks, and his Bronzor uses an attack called "u" (u with a roof accent) and nothing happens...

What is this, and should I just fight my rival until he doesn't use "u"?
    That attack is bugged. The attack data of Bronzor is corrupted and I didn't realise that when I released beta 2. Anyways, as I've said before expect a new beta to come out very soon.

loyalknight

Years
  • New pokemon lol

well since ur doing this hack why not make a pokemon in it like named after u a rare pokemon have ur monster imortalized. can't wait for ur next beta ur deff most talented person on this site. well my Bday is after nw year so maybe it will come out just in time for that.

thrace where u capture lapras in the ice cavern u can;t get into it theres only a ledge and then the stairs but u can;t jump up a ledge

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back