• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
is the physical and special split in it?
No, there is no pss split in this hack.

I decided to release a fixed version of this great game. I don't know if I will be allowed to do so, but still, I want people to know how good this game was.
Some screenshots:
efFegH9.png

These glitches are fixed:
(1)The game crashes when you open the menu in Verasa Village/on Beding Meadows.
(2)You can leave Felridge City without your first badge.
(3)Fiore Town Gym Leader gives you the wrong badge.
(4)The movesets of all Pokemon are fixed.
(5)The unfinished Gaia City,Dracovia Village and Serao League are finished, you can go to those towns and challenge the league now.
(6)You couldn't use the fosil regenerator.

New things
(1)Completed over world sprites, trainer card sprites and backsprites for hero/heroine.
(2)New over world sprites for Dracovia Village gym leader, the Elite Four and League Champion Sophia.
(3)New battle sprites for rival, Gaia City gym leader, Dracovia Village gym leader, Elite Four and champion Sophia.
(4)Champion Sophia's team.
(5)Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus are catchable after the champion is defeated.
(6)Proper icons for gen IV Pokemon.
(7)A rough world map.
Here is the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip

A lot of glitches were discovered thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help. Without him, all these things wouldn't have been found and fixed. The new patch fixes the following things:
Wrong trainers on Merticus Strait.
Wrong map connection between Rean Bay and Granite Path.
Wrong evnets in Gaia City.
Broken cutscene in Ancient Forest.
A new added event: Celebi event.
Gamebreaking glitches in Draest Cave.
...And many more.
The old link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip/file
With Jiangzhengwenjz's help, the Pokemon from the generation 4 now have their pokedex entries. He even changed the cries of these pokemon to make the game better. Some screenshots:
V5eKzIW.png

The old download link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip/file

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years

With Jiangzhengwenjz's help, the Pokemon from the generation 4 now have their pokedex entries. He even changed the cries of these pokemon to make the game better. Some screenshots:
V5eKzIW.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip/file
I haven't touched the hack since the last time I played until now, and I found 2 more small issues.
1) The Berry Tree in Beding Meadows gets reset every time you enter Felridge City.
If you enter and leave the city and go back to interact with the tree, you can get infinite Oran Berries.
fc7RLXe.png

2) The item description of Dad's Parcel goes out of the screen.
BRDWySP.png

EDIT:
I thought Mareep evolves at level 15? Mine is level 21 and and still hasn't evolved.
That's because it evolves at Lv24.

3) Excuse me? What is this absolute madness? Why does the rival have Lv20 pokémon when the trainers right before him were like 15 levels below?
Except for like one Lv10 Clefairy, all the trainers in the first cave have Lv4 or 5 pokémon. A Hiker even has a Lv5 Sudowoodo which is straight up impossible.

Also, Bronzor might have the incorrect Growth Rate set, because it gives a handful of exp. points more than the average pokémon which is not really normal. A Lv9 Bronzor shouldn't be giving 490 Exp. Points.
Why does the Rival have 2 Bronzor anyway?

4) The particles that show up during the evolution scene look glitchy. It might be an issue with VBA though.
SkZhQEB.png

5) The Rival dissappears from the scene right there, without having actually left the screen. He just pops out of existence.
wvFKbqm.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 22, 2020
Hello,

This is a great rom hack and so far I'm having a blast playing it. I am playing the 2019 unofficial patch version, and even though there are some minor bugs, only 3 gens and no special attack split, I don't really care.

However, I've seemingly experienced a bug with the story in Palerose Town - I got called to the lab. The script ran normally - As I wanted to go in, "Red woman mercenary" stopped me and asked me to ask for Prof. Oak. I stepped in, met my father and he took me in front of the last room in the lab. Said something in lines with "are you ready?" And I stepped inside to room. That's when the whole story script seemingly bugged out and once I entered the room, nothing happened, only 2 scientists offered me the same dialogue as in original Cinnibar lab. I stepped out and my fathwr along with the woman outside disappeared as well.

Since then I beat the gym in Palerose and moved on to Fiore town (where's another gym but I need to grind a bit before challenging it).

My question is - will this bug that I've experienced in the Palerose lab somehow affect the overall story/further progress in the game? So far it seems it won't, even though since then I haven't met any story related character or instance, so I am not sure.

It's a bit dissapointing that I'll never know what was the secret inside the last room of the lab, but I really hope that further story will continue without problems, once I'll get to yet another town or so.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Is this hack completed in the sense that you can battle up through the E4 and Champion?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm in Palerose to meet my dad and Prof. Oak but when I go into the room neither of them are in there. Is it some kind of bug or do I have to go somewhere else?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't touched the hack since the last time I played until now, and I found 2 more small issues.
1) The Berry Tree in Beding Meadows gets reset every time you enter Felridge City.
If you enter and leave the city and go back to interact with the tree, you can get infinite Oran Berries.
fc7RLXe.png

2) The item description of Dad's Parcel goes out of the screen.
BRDWySP.png

EDIT:

That's because it evolves at Lv24.

3) Excuse me? What is this absolute madness? Why does the rival have Lv20 pokémon when the trainers right before him were like 15 levels below?
Except for like one Lv10 Clefairy, all the trainers in the first cave have Lv4 or 5 pokémon. A Hiker even has a Lv5 Sudowoodo which is straight up impossible.

Also, Bronzor might have the incorrect Growth Rate set, because it gives a handful of exp. points more than the average pokémon which is not really normal. A Lv9 Bronzor shouldn't be giving 490 Exp. Points.
Why does the Rival have 2 Bronzor anyway?

4) The particles that show up during the evolution scene look glitchy. It might be an issue with VBA though.
SkZhQEB.png

5) The Rival dissappears from the scene right there, without having actually left the screen. He just pops out of existence.
wvFKbqm.png

All these should be fixed now. I have updated the patch.

With Jiangzhengwenjzw's help, the Pokemon from the generation 4 now have their pokedex entries. He even changed the cries of these pokemon to make the game better. Some screenshots:
V5eKzIW.png

Thanks to jiangzhengwenjz's help, the evolution animation was fixed, and I have fixed some more glitches, I added a evolutionary stone seller as well. The old download link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wa6osyq9s9ubpc8/Pokemon_Genesis_Fixed_Final_Beta.zip/file

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Excuse me, but is there an evolution guide? It seems using a Water Stone on a Poliwhirl to make it evolve into a Poliwrath has no effect.

Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Jun 17, 2020
Uh. Professor aid dude doesn't give the everstone even though 25 pkmn are caught. He says there's only 8...

ddzk85y-5313500e-9ece-4002-8fc5-e84f4c28be1f.png
ddzk863-b687cb14-670d-434e-a970-c3419b765354.png

Years
Hello, is there guide of the Pokemon Locations in this game?, I am planning to use Ralts and evolve it to a Gallade for my team

Years
Up to 4th gen? The same gen with the worst roster out of all 8? You could say "everyone has their preference" and "to each their own" but objectively gen 4 is the least favorite gen of all. I still respect the targeted and narrow approach of the roster. I also can't wait to play cause choices have consequences. This is something not done in a lot of games and it's hard to find that specific feature included

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Up to 4th gen? The same gen with the worst roster out of all 8? You could say "everyone has their preference" and "to each their own" but objectively gen 4 is the least favorite gen of all.

There's nothing objective in that. And seriously, look at the release log in the first post, this is a discontinued beta rom hack from 2008-2010 (with later patches/bug fixing by hacksrepairman), how many generations of Pokémon were you expecting?

Back