• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    1 am? ok, would never known you stay up and teach kids stuff at 1 am, o.0; anyway, I think hes using rm2k3 because its free, xp is harder to get, (not really) and it has more scripting options.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Yeah, I'm using RM2K3 for it.

Anyway, there may be slow updates while my friend tries to help me with the CBS and stuff. Oh and Killer-Swift, I may just try that. I gotta admit, it's better to have different types of PokéBalls for variety. :)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    o.O Oi, no prob..lol... i might have more ideas.. *searches ehad* nope, none right now XD lol... well if i think of anything.. i'll post again... but anywyas.. ur agem deos look sweet.. can't wait til you 'release?' it! XD i hope you dun midn all the ideas >.>

Years
    Im sure he doesnt swift because I want lots of ideas when I release my game, anyhoo, ideas eh? Lemme think.. OH YEA! The one that Zel said no to.. umm.. the item trading system! Where, at the beginning you get a key item, and eventually you find the person (roughly in the beginning) who wants that item, you trade him it for another key item, then someone else wants that item, and trades you that item for another key item etc. etc. and when you find the last person, (I personally think it should be your rival in dragons den behind mahogany town) you trade your item, and he gives you like the GS ball or something, and you give th eGS ball to kurt, he examines it, tells you to come back after 24h, then he is intrigued by the nosies in the forest, he gives you the GS ball, you take it to Ilex forest, take it to shrine, talk to shrine and you encounter celebi! catch it only with the GS ball, and whala! You got the celebi, from an ongoing quest that started at the beginning, by trading lots of items through out the game!

I personally think this idea would go good with this game, since its made from rm2k3, and should be easy enough, anyhoo, good luck, and comments please!

P.S. This idea of mine is going to be in my game, so :P on those who dont use it.

Years
    Good luck with Glitter Gold as it seems to have many good quality features! Btw, the trading idea of mine, I think it would be important to implement it into glitter gold to give the character some more stuff to do upon other things, *cough beat the game *cough

Last edited by a moderator:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    And so I'll just give an Update.

Well, as it turns out, my friend said that since he's lazy, he actually hasn't touched the game ever since I sent it to him, and so he isn't going to do any work on it. Talk about a downer, but oh well.

Now, if I remember, LegosJedi offered to work on a CBS, so I'll see about sending him a PM. In the meantime, I may start sending the demo to the beta testers. I'm just worried that at this rate, the game'll be released without a CBS or anything advanced. I'd do the stuff myself, but I'm not that good at coding, so...

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Aww, thats a shame, i was interested on seeing new screenies and updates =(

Oh well ^.^ Im sure the game'll come out fine! =D

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Ok, well I don't think I mentioned it, so here goes:

A Surprisingly Ineffectual Update
    Well, I sent LegosJedi a PM, and he said that he can't work on the CBS. So, if anyone wants to help out with it, send me a PM. Otherwise, I suppose I should get around to releasing the demo to the beta testers...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    I think you should send us the demo now. It makes no sense to give us an absolutely huge demo with the CBS, because we will most likely never get round to completing it.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    It looks good.Have you downsized the beta to something like 3mb or smaller.How did you get the day/noon/evning/night features in?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Yeah, the lowest size I've been able to zip it to is about 8MB.

Some Sort of Update
    Well, things have been slow on my RM2K3 as I wait for the beta testers to let me know of any more bugs. At the same time, I've received a PM from Shadow Pingu, saying that he was willing to help with the CBS. No guarantees yet, but we'll see how it moves along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back