• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Glowing Silver

Do you like the Idea of going to Hoenn instead of Kanto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Hi Cartman, I made a Petalburg Woods map, if you want to see it look in the atachment, and if you want the files, send me a PM.

P.S.: I would like to be in your Team as a mapper if you like my map and you have a free spot. ;D

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well the maps are pretty right, but I see too many mapping errors, the houses are stuffed a bit. The windows have a ledge thats not supposed to be there. There are signs missing. You should change the palettes and tiles a little to make it better. Here's a screen of what I found wrong with the maps:

Spoiler:

All right the complaints about the Houses, Lab and the Tree Fence thing have been fixed,

so which region do you start in? I'm assuming Johto...
that said, my advice would be to do one of two things:
Start in Johto but drastically change the plot/sidequests/events so as to make it interesting and not 'just another remake'
OR: Start in Hoenn

Yeah I know. I have some new Ideas like running into Aqua and Magma in Johto etc.

About the Houses at first it kept messing up on me until I played around with it more.

Last edited:

shutupplz

Da MetaLova
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2008
Cool

Dude, this looks nice. I'm gunna start this after I finish Shiny Gold, once you release it ^^

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Looks good and you have a very origanal idea. But like someone mentioned you might want to come up with some different events cause re-playing the ones from GSC may get kinda of dull, especially with the amount of remakes we have been seeing. Also, how do you plan on closing off kanto since it is connected to Johto?

shutupplz

Da MetaLova
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2008
HOO-RAAYY

You rock like hell, dawg! Keep up the good work ^^...

I have this idea for linking together johto and hoenn. a lot of people said that cianwood's island and evergrande city were the same island. maybe you can link those two together after the player beats the elite four or something.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Yeah, I'm probably going to have two ways to get to Hoenn, A cave connecting Cianwood with Ever Grande, and A boat:

I'll post a Video and a few new screens shortly.

Also some news about tiles, I asked zel If I was allowed to use some of the Graphics and Tiles and He allowed me,
but Graphics aren't the most Important thing... That's right I need someone who can help me script.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
Looks good. Gonna look forward to this. Keep up the work. Try not to remove it from first page of forums.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well here is your Secondary Rival (Who's name I revealed on the first page)
He's from Hoenn and His Pokemon is the Pre-Evo form of my All Time Favorite Pokemon:
RivalFrankie.png

A Part of Route 103 (Ignore the Old sleeping man and the Nurse Joy.) :
Partof103.png

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, you'll have to improve a bit more your mapping Furanki (for example, adding more flowers and that kind of "fillers", so it's not just ground and grass.

But... Well, I hope in the end, Hoenn on FR ends up looking good (by the way, I think you'll get more attention on following this idea rather than the usual GSC remake)

Alright, good luck on this!

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Thanks, for the comment Zel.

Well I have turned the VS. SEEKER into the POKéGEAR I just gotta make the little Graphic for it in the bag:
Pokegear1.png

I changed the Description for the POKéGEAR.

I also will bring some Cameo's from RSE.

I'll most likely show some Aqua and Magma screens next.

Last edited:

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
looks and sounds really good! well done. keep going, dont make it another one of those that doesnt carry on getting made.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Don't worry. I don't plan on dropping the
project. More updates later.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well here is something new I decided to put in:
MagmaViolet.png

MagmaViolet2.png

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
That team magma sprite looks good against FR tiles. I wonder why he is keeping us out of the gym.....

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well here's the In-battle vs. the male grunt:
MagmaViolet3.png

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Thats because the Top half of his body except for the Hair is from Brendan.
The Bottom half came from FR/LG Trainer and one of his Arm's came from Lance.

I decided to put Magma Grunts around all of Violet Except for the Pokemon Center.

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Eh...I myself have never really been a big fan of the Hoenn region but this might make me want to actually explore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back