• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Glowing Silver

Do you like the Idea of going to Hoenn instead of Kanto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yeah, your right zel. I'll change that.

Well, Purugly is starting to Annoy me it won't fit over the ?? Pokemon not matter how much I shrink it.

Oh, Can you guys also visit the Palladium thread...?

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • I'm really loving the looks of this hack, and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Well, Purugly is starting to Annoy me it won't fit over the ?? Pokemon not matter how much I shrink it.

Well, if it doesn't fit over the ?? image, maybe you (or someone) could make a custom sprite of Purugly, in a position with which it could cover the whole thing.

Years
  • And, you shall also make a big tunnel, from Oldale to Faraway Island, 3 times much longer than this one that leeds under saffron in FR, and put some hidden items (mayba a HM), so it will look much better...
    Oh, not all silver remakes stopped - Silver Wing and Shiny Silver are still alive...

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Well, if it doesn't fit over the ?? image, maybe you (or someone) could make a custom sprite of Purugly, in a position with which it could cover the whole thing.
    Your Right aaron. I'm gonna try to make a scratch Purugly.

And, you shall also make a big tunnel, from Oldale to Faraway Island, 3 times much longer than this one that leeds under saffron in FR, and put some hidden items (mayba a HM), so it will look much better...
    Oh, not all silver remakes stopped - Silver Wing and Shiny Silver are still alive...

Uh. Silver Wing was closed here mackoo, and a lot of people are flaming the Shiny Silver thread.

Also, Saffron isn't in this and The Mew Faraway Island thing is like Diamond and Pearl with the Original Darkrai event.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I must really be slipping because I passed this one up... I really like your hack, though, as I have stated before, I am biased when it comes to Johto. I just want to wish you luck, so keep at it!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hope this one comes out well...
    I am getting quite bored with Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes, but it's fun to see everyone try anyways... Good luck on this one...!

Years
  • But its still alive on other forums. Anyway, I'd love the HOENN, but I like a Silver Wing graphics much than yours. But I don't like Shiny Silver^^.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, Hoenn is a good idea... There is a difference in every Gold hack I've seen...

Shiny Gold: Exact copy of Gold with a few extra rivals...
    Shiny Silver: Exact copy of Gold with a few extra rivals...
    Glowing Silver: Looks like it specifies on a lot of sidequests to keep it original...
    Silver Wing: A mix of graphics and sidequests to keep it original...

I just want to ask you, Mackoo, a question...
    Why don't you like Shiny Silver...?

Years
  • I totally think that you should focus on scripting alot because that's where most of the gold remakers get stuck.
    Anyways, I think you have a great idea, and keep going strong on it.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • All right, here are some screens of Mt. Silver:

Pokémon Glowing Silver

Pokémon Glowing Silver

(I know there are mapping errors so don't bring them up.)

I have added in 5 new Pokémon to the top floor of Mt. Silver here are the Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

That's it for now...
    i think you could make red so he looks like the ash from the DP series cuz a lot of the extras are DP

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Ash never existed in the Video Games, But if you guys want I can make a DP Red sprite, I'll most likely make all the trainer sprites DP styled.

Years
  • i think you could make red so he looks like the ash from the DP series cuz a lot of the extras are DP

The Red sprite, look like South Park styled a bit, better fix it.
    I don't like Shiny Silver, because, we don't need a remake of Johto, and Kanto another time - Zel will do it better.

Here's also Hoenn, in Silver Wing is also Orange Islands. We're still waiting for a hack with Johto and Sinnoh. Maybe I will make it (but I'm not good at scripting)^^.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The Red sprite, look like South Park styled a bit, better fix it.
    I don't like Shiny Silver, because, we don't need a remake of Johto, and Kanto another time - Zel will do it better.

Here's also Hoenn, in Silver Wing is also Orange Islands. We're still waiting for a hack with Johto and Sinnoh. Maybe I will make it (but I'm not good at scripting)^^.

What the hell?

Where'd you get that Idea, DP means Diamond and Pearl.

South Park has nothing to do with this hack.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • The Red sprite, look like South Park styled a bit, better fix it.

its not just johto...its hoenn too, you start in johto then go to hoenn, stop referring to other hackers on 'cartmans' thread... the sprite is a revamp...and looks like a revamp..how the hell is it a south park looking sprite?
    cut cartman a break, hes doing the best he can on this, by the way...ASH isnt in GSC, and thats why he cant be dp style, even if cartman made him..
    good luck anyway on this cartman, keep it up

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • yeh but at least if you can go to hoenn red should at least have the hoenn clothes cuz it would suit the red character better cuz i've never liked sprites of ash that are in gsc.

sorry cartman but the sprite updates would be good cuz i love dp sprites and so do other ppl. (off topic) how can i play dp roms or take the sprites from them

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • maybe a new out fit would be kool, but it would have to still make red seem like red..

OFF TOPIC (sorry about this spammy post cartman)
    as for the dp roms thing, 'shinygold ash' get no$gba from google..get firmware keep it in the same folder as the emulator then download your pokemon Dp rom, patch the save patch and play.

for the sprites go on pe2k
    u cant rip sprites from Dp

any updates on this cartman?, i know your a busy guy!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    No, I don't have any updates right now, since PC went down I haven't worked on the hack at all. So I'll start at hacking this again Tonight or tomorrow so expect updates.

Oh about the red thing, I got an Idea, I'll make it a DP styled sprite, but he has his FR Clothes since some people say he should have a different suit, but this doesn't mean he is going to be the FR Hero. I'm using the original Red/Blue/Yellow one since that is who red is.

This could be considered real for Red since in the Manga he switches from his RBY clothes to his FR/LG ones.
    But this is still a chance I'm not going to switch his clothes.

Okay, I decided to make Red look like the GSC one in DP Style he is what his sprite looks like:
    Pokémon Glowing Silver

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back