• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I went downtown today and caught Pinsir and Krabby. I also got my trainer to level 2. I had a little trouble figuring out the map because I don't think that's covered in the professor's tutorial. It's much easier to play in an unrestricted public area, because at home it's not like I can waltz into the neighbor's yard uninvited and tell them I need to catch a Pokemon...

My starter is a Squirtle.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I don't own a phone :( but I know a lot of people who are playing Pokemon Go! People I would never thought would play. It's pretty cool! Maybe this will get some newcomers or oldtimers to get Sun or Moon?

Years
    Had a bit of a lazy day today but managed to take on my first gym (unfortunately lost though) and managed to catch a Golbat and a few more Pokemon I already have.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I walked soooooooooo much today and caught 9 pokemon :D spearow, eevee, rattata, shellder, 400 pidgeys, pidgeotto, zubat, and some others I can't think of atm. I also got a bunch of eggs, I'm 3.4/5.0 km away from hatching my first one - hoping to hatch it during lunch tomorrow at work.

Almost level 5, finally.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I had another pretty amazing adventure downtown as well today!

To start off, I was actually pretty pissed that I missed my opportunity to catch a Squirtle at a nearby Starbucks. It caught me by surprise... I was actually in the middle of ordering a drink when it appeared, I threw a Great Ball at it - but it broke free and then it ran. ]: I was so bummed man, and I'm sure that barista was none too happy I stopped talking in the middle of my order...

BUT

My fiancee encouraged me to chin up, we went downtown and I found an area just FULL of fire and rock-types! I hatched a Magmar, caught multiple Vulpix, and a Growlithe, a Geodude, and a Rhyhorn. I was so excited to finally find some fire-types after getting, well, drowned in water-types since I've been playing.

Such a great day! I can't wait until Tuesday when I can really play more. :>

Years
    I had another pretty amazing adventure downtown as well today!

My fiancee encouraged me to chin up, we went downtown and I found an area just FULL of fire and rock-types! I hatched a Magmar, caught multiple Vulpix, and a Growlithe, a Geodude, and a Rhyhorn. I was so excited to finally find some fire-types after getting, well, drowned in water-types since I've been playing.

Such a great day! I can't wait until Tuesday when I can really play more. :>

So, fire types in downtown areas? I've been wondering where to find fire types. It sounds like, similar to you, I live in an area with several rivers and lakes and then very wooded spots in between, so, that's what I've been catching. Really want me some Vulpix.

Years
    I never realised how popular this game would become, today was my first day at school since Go was released and literally everyone had it. People that haven't played Pokemon for years and have been talking trash about it for ages are soooo into this game. Cause I'm at Sixth Form we're allowed out at break and lunch and there's several Gyms and PokeStops near my school and everyone was there battling and collecting items. This is seriously what Pokemon Go is all about and this game has taken over the world and it's not even supposed to be out worldwide...well played Niantic...well played.

Anyway I managed to get a Bellsprout and Drowzee today which I was pleased with and a few other 'mons I already have so I'm getting closer to more evolutions. Finally I got to Level 6 and now have two eggs being incubated which are super close to hatching and I can't wait!

Years
    I had an adventure at the ER. Friend of mine had a kidney stone so we had to drive like 30 minutes away to the hospital. While he was waiting he took over the gym that was there. Almost immediately after that happened one of the security guards pulled out his phone, looked around the waiting room, the dashed outside. I think this will be one of the best memories of this year.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Was so excited the day it was released that I was telling everyone at work. Everyone's reactions were on the lines of, "You still play Pokemon?"

Now everyone is playing it. mfw

Currently level 18 on Team Instinct. Not really doing gyms because of glitches, just catching Pokemon and evolving. Finally evolved my high CP Clefairy I hatched, now Clefable is my second strongest (1200CP).

Also went on a walk today to hatch my 10km egg (Scyther!) and passed a PokeStop. Didn't really plan on staying so I just dropped a lure and walked away because there were 6 people sitting there.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Update

- Caught a Horsea on the way to work
    - Finally evolved my Pidgeotto (Caught as a Pidgey) into Pidgeot.
    - Caught a Paras
    - Became Gym Leader of a friendly Gym (Team Mystic) and took over a Team Valor Gym. Go Team Mystic. :)

Random note - Everyone at work is about my age (Late 20s) and everyone has the game even though it isn't officially out yet here.

Day 3 final notes

Trainer Level - 8
    Strongest Pokémon - Pidgeot
    Best find - Horsea
    Best Medal earned - Schoolboy Silver Medal
    Gyms claimed - 2

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    My journal, ermmmm nothing in Spain yet!! ))''= soo unfair!! some people can some can't whyy whyy!!

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Went out on my bike today when it's over 100°. Saw this on Imgur and it's pretty accurate...

Spoiler:

Got a Growlithe and Ponyta and some other stuff. Missed an Onix and got sad.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
    Decided to take a shot at gyms again. First gym hit was to strengthen the prestige at the gym on the far end of the neighborhood. Couldn't fight it without the game freezing, and what do you know, two cars from another team pull up. They managed to kick my team off before I slid in put in another Pokemon. Tried to do so again but the freezing allowed the other team to slide in their Pokemon. Wanted to attack the gym but I kept getting the bug where I couldn't even fight them.

Managed to go to another gym in the area. Surprisingly didn't hit the HP glitch, but the gym got turned over :/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So against my better judgement I decided to turn on my mobile network while in town today. Turns out there's two gyms and three pokespots in the town. I'm not sure exactly what landmarks the gyms are (because I'm under level 5) but the pokespots were a church and two monuments. Both gyms were owned too....even though the game isn't officially released in my country yet. It's pretty surprising considering I live in the countryside.

I only went to one pokespot and I caught two Pokemon I already had. I got an egg but I'm not sure if it registered properly because it's not in my inventory. (edit: Turns out they don't go in your inventory, but in a separate tab under the Pokemon section)

It completely decimated my phone credit though. Is there a way to stop apps from accessing the internet over the mobile network? I only want apps to be using data if I explicitly open them up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Me and my housemate had an hour to kill yesterday before a party, so when one of our nightguests fell asleep on the sofa and the other went for a shower, we left the house to go pokémon catching for at least 40 minutes :D the sighs we got when we got back... They had no idea where we were, but they did know that we were crazy about this pokémon app so pls they should have guessed. <3

We realized that we need 400 Magikarp candies to evolve it. Uh. That's. A lot.

Years
    Another great day of Pokemon Go.

Went to the same spot near my school as yesterday and this time managed to get a Squirtle and an Electabuzz! My friend put a Lure Module on the Pokespot and we all managed to get super rare Pokemon, some of them got a Hypno but I couldn't find it :(

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I have like four Jynx... They just pop up around my city. Weird.

But aww! Pikachu! I still haven't run into one yet. ]:

It's storming pretty hardcore today so I doubt I'll be doing much GO wise today. Sad.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I feel like a little kid staring out the window... ]: Maybe if I use an umbrella?

I want to hatch a Cubone so bad.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Reasonable day today. Caught three Eevee. Caught two Jynx one of which was over 300 CP and hatched a Cubone and three Geodude. Also took over a Gym for Team Blue.

Still waiting to encounter an Oddish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back