• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    You can definitely get them out of 5km eggs! Keep at it, you'll get one soon. :)
    Awww, Ben, you were so right! The very next egg I hatched...
    Spoiler:

I am just over the moon happy now!

I also happened to snag this little guy while I was out walking around my apartment complex like a creeper:
    Spoiler:

Redemption is mine!

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
    Log Date 7 12 16

Spent the day hatching, catching, and evolving. Managed to run into a friend that was fighting a nearby gym and helped him take control of it. Also controlled another gym for an hour before the staff at Discovery Kingdom took it :/ Leveled up to 14 and will probably hit 15 tomorrow.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
    Been a bit busy catching things, quite a few Pidgey and Rattata, got a Hitmonchan and an Eevee though. Both have pretty high CP n_n woot missed a Magikarp though :/

Years
    Today was a good day on Pokemon Go, managed hatch a Bulbasaur and a Sandshrew then caught another Squirtle and Horsea. Didn't really catch anything after that but managed to evolve my Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot (feel like I'm a bit behind on that). Some of my friends caught a Gengar on our school lunch break and I'm now super jealous -_-

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Yesterday I dealt with a lot of freezing and glitches, especially when I caught pokemon. When I tried catching a venonat, poliwag, and seel (all pokemon I really wanted too) they would go in the Pokeball and then stop shaking and freeze. Argh. So I mostly just spent my time on Go transferring my pokemon and getting candy so I can soon evolve my drowzee and seel.

Years
    I caught a Bulbasaur in my house this morning. They seem to be fairly common in my neighborhood. It gave me enough candy to evolve an Ivysaur, which is great, but I'll probably have a Venusaur before I even see a Charmander.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    there was a wild flareon 3 steps from my house, tracked it, found it, and it ran away

:)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Not a very progressive day at all, actually. It's been storming really bad lately which kinda limits my mobility and what I can do. Didn't do much more than catch a bunch of duplicates (pidgey, venonat, weedle, magikarp, etc). Didn't even level up, and my one egg that hatched was only a 2km, resulting in a Rattatta. ]: But candies, I guess?

Oh well, tomorrow maybe? They can't all be gold.

EDIT: Found a Snorlax outside just now. So. There's that!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Go is out in the UK now and I had a good session earlier. Managed to capture a few of the same Pokemon with a couple of news ones such as Golbat and Horsea. I reached level 6 and got a hefty amount of items from a few of the PokeSpots around my area. (:

Years
    Currently level 17. Not really got anything you could consider amazing. The highest CP is Goldbat at 779. However, my Stardust is 34,325. So, I'm waiting for more candies and better Pokemon before I go on a level up spree.​

Years
    Didn't really catch anything noticeable today (but got my first Magikarp) although with the help of my girlfriend and my cousin we managed to capture the gym next to Tescos near my school, threw a Golbat in there and gonna go back tomorrow to check if anyone's beaten it.

Years
    Yesterday I got my first 10K egg. Very excited to see what it'll hatch. I also hatched a Charmander! My first one. But I wandered all over the place tracking a Rhyhorn and it never appeared and always showed three footprints.

But this morning I found a park that has two gyms and five stops. It's kind of out of the way and seems to be in a residential area that doesn't get much traffic so it might be a good little secret spot to keep and hold a gym.

Good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad... I have no Pokéballs. None. 0. This sucks and there's not much I can do about it right now. Bleh.
    You poor thing :|

Years
    I confirmed a few theories for myself today. Evolved two more today Eevees and neither followed the prevailing idea of evolution path. Did successfully use the Lucky Egg leveling method, though, so that was nice.

All in all, I was surprised at how little I was finding in my usual places today. Has anyone else reached (lvl 17 for me) a high enough level that they felt they needed to begin playing in altogether different areas to keep advancing/collecting new pokemon?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The first egg I got hatched today. It was a Caterpie, which was fine because I hadn't caught one of those yet.

I also caught an Oddish at the supermarket. Also caught a Hypno and a Pidgeotto. Evolved one of my Ratatas into a Raticate, so that's now one of my strongest Pokemon. There was a Bellsprout mocking me on the nearby Pokemon screen but I never figured out where it was. Also I just caught my first Spearow while typing this.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    I played Pokémon Go for the first time today (UK here.) Although I live in a pretty rural area, there's a surprising number of Pokestops here (perks of being near a historical market town with a buttload of churches and pubs I suppose.) There's about 3 on my way from my house to the bridge into the neighbouring town, about 5 or 6 just around the bridge itself and the river, and a ton more in the neighbouring town, which isn't very far away at all. There's even a gym at the local pub! Although, I don't think I can challenge it yet as Team Valor have already stuffed two Pidgeots into it with somewhere around 500cp. I spent at least two hours outside wandering from Pokestop to Pokestop - and that's an achievement for a ginger hayfever sufferer! I've got about 6 eggs to hatch (and didn't realise I had to incubate them until after I'd done a lap of the park!) Once I got home I spent the rest of my Pokeballs catching whatever happened to be passing by my house, and I spent the rest of my time watching as Team Mystic temporarily took over one of the four Gyms I could see from my house, before it was reclaimed by Valor. Valor have three of those four gyms, Mystic has the other one.

There are so many Pidgeys and Rattatas in my area, I have a Pidgeot, two Pidgeotto and two Raticates after just one day of playing! For a village on a river, though, there's hardly any Water-types. The only one I caught today was a Tentacool.

Years
    I played Pokémon Go for the first time today (UK here.) Although I live in a pretty rural area, there's a surprising number of Pokestops here (perks of being near a historical market town with a buttload of churches and pubs I suppose.)!

What is the response so far in the UK? I'm glad to hear people on here talking about it but I'm curious--over here on launch day people were out in DROVES. Like, go to a park and find ten or twenty people playing. Some places even more than that.

So do you know what the scene is like there in more urban areas?

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    What is the response so far in the UK? I'm glad to hear people on here talking about it but I'm curious--over here on launch day people were out in DROVES. Like, go to a park and find ten or twenty people playing. Some places even more than that.

So do you know what the scene is like there in more urban areas?

I haven't been out into a city with it yet and I probably won't get the chance until next week :/ Still, there seemed to be a lot of people just around the town who were playing, but it's more like bumping into one or two at a time rather than whole groups of them. They didn't seem to want to talk to me though. Not that I tried to talk to them or anything, but...

Come September I'll be at uni, so I'll get to explore a whole new city with it :D I'm hoping the students at the uni will set up societies for it so groups from the same team can go out and capture gyms together.

Just thinking about it now, if there's a buttload of stuff in the town next door then somewhere like Oxford or Bath would be packed. London would be even more packed but I don't really want to go there soooo....

Years
    I was at a park just topping off my items at a stop when some kid, must have been like 10 or so, comes running across the whole park and asks me "Are you playing Pokemon Go?" and I say "Yeah, I'm team blue. What's your team?" "Red." And then he runs back to the other side of the park.

Has anyone else reached (lvl 17 for me) a high enough level that they felt they needed to begin playing in altogether different areas to keep advancing/collecting new pokemon?

I'm halfway through lvl 16 and, yeah, I feel like I need to branch out. I can't get any Fire-, Electric-, Rock-, or Ground-types where I am. With the weekend coming up I'll probably take a drive somewhere to go looking for new ones.

Years
    Didn't really catch anything new today but managed to hatch an Ekans and Oddish and I'm currently working on a 10km egg which is exciting. Also went on a hunt for a Hypno around town with some of my friends but we never found it and had to abandon the search due to school restarting.

I know where the Magmar and Jigglypuff are in my town though and tonight I'm gonna hopefully catch them:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back