• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Rool

Sprote the sprite, sprite the sprote!
Years
  • Are some of the shiny colors the same as lv 3 orginal hack? Had a shiny Jumpluff and loved it's cotton candy looking appearance. Would love to have again.

All new shiny colors for mons because the original colors were very limited and by a set palette rather than a custom palette. They used Super GameBoy colors

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2020
    Hey, kinda new to romhacks and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I followed the instructions in the 'How to Patch' help thread, but every time I try to load the patched rom I'm met with a blank screen. I'm using VBA-M to emulate if that helps.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • I kinda suprised to see the final product, sort of. I found this out from Romhacking dot net and thought I should download it since I rarely play Pokemon rom hacks since.

Rool

Sprote the sprite, sprite the sprote!
    Years
  • Hey, kinda new to romhacks and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I followed the instructions in the 'How to Patch' help thread, but every time I try to load the patched rom I'm met with a blank screen. I'm using VBA-M to emulate if that helps.

Are you patching to a crystal rom?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    this is more minor, but i've noticed trying to use the Apples you can get in the postgame from the pack results in Oak telling you it's not the time to use that, despite the description implying they can be used the same way as HP-restoring berries. they function fine in battle when held by a Pokemon, but are they only supposed to be held items, or are they meant to be able to be used from the pack as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Rename the .sav file to the name of the rom, make sure it's in the same folder and it should work

I tried this but it doesn't look like the patch was properly applied. I might have an idea though of what to do so I'll give that a try and update this post with results.

EDIT: Success! Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    this is more minor, but i've noticed trying to use the Apples you can get in the postgame from the pack results in Oak telling you it's not the time to use that, despite the description implying they can be used the same way as HP-restoring berries. they function fine in battle when held by a Pokemon, but are they only supposed to be held items, or are they meant to be able to be used from the pack as well?

This was an oversight, thank you for finding it. Will be fixed when patch 1.4 comes out, currently waiting on other people to find bugs before releasing it soon.

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    Just started playing this Hack and its looking awesome. I really love the looks and feels of it!

Is there something like a document with every available Pokemon + its location?
    *Plus, I would love a .txt file / link to a github repository where I can see the Mons base stats. :)
    *Hoothoot learns "Megaphone" at Lv.19 some status attack that lowers the foe's SpA. I've never heard of this move before? Is it a wrong translation?
    - some useless move that is exclusive to the Gold 97 beta.
    *When fighting your Rival in the Slowpoke Dwell he has a Pokemon named "BOMSHEAL" while on Github its noted as "Bomseal"
    (on github: /lvl-3-g/Gold97SGB/blob/master/data/pokemon/base_stats/bomseal.asm)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Is Bombsheal not obtainable without some sort of prerequisite? I've been surfing in Sunpoint morning, day, and night and haven't seen even one.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    try searching the Magma Shaft (cave in Sunpoint, needs Rock Smash to get into) instead, i've found them in there and the map seems to indicate that's the only place to find them on the mainland

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2020
    Absolutely loving this hack so far, just how I imagined the originals would've turned out if they had continued working on the original spaceworld 1997 concept.

Any chance you'll be adding any more Beta mons from the 1998 and 1999 builds? There's some amazing Pokemon in there that would fit perfectly in this hack. Some could be used as alternative evolutions or alternate forms for different genders. Would be so cool to see all the scrapped designs in this hack:

zr3cwlj.png

Here are the links to the ressources of the sprites:
    https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver/Sprites/990613
    https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver/Sprites/980506
    https://tcrf.net/Proto:Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver/Spaceworld_1999_Demo/Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    I wanted to come here to say thank you for making such an amazing hack rom (and also for fixing GSC horrible level curve), been enjoying it a lot (doin, some legendary hunting before climbing Mt. Fuji) it feels like an official game in many many ways!

I would like to ask a few things too: How can i teach Thunderbolt to my Raitora?, Where are TMs 26 and 29? (I would really like to have them before reaching the E4 :P) and last, Did you make Ghost Type Special and Dark Type Physical based, right?

Once again thank you for all the efort and charm put in this hack, you really nailed the Spaceworld game perfectly!

Cheers :)

Back