• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GoldenSky / SilverSea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    wow this game looks awesome!I've played the spanish one like two days ago and it was good so i'll try the new one later :).

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Illusion Gaming said:
    wow this game looks awesome!I've played the spanish one like two days ago and it was good so i'll try the new one later :).
    Again, this is NOT the Spanish game. We didn't know of that one when we started out this one.

And hey Kamon, good to see you. I should advertise in the other affiliates forums. :P
    And thanks. :)

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    the demo is really good, you got almost everything the same exact way a g/s/c.
    cant wait for this game to be done, it brings back good memories. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah the demo is good. There was one glitch though that closed the window. What happened was I talked to an NPC in New Bark Town and the game froze with the music still playing (and then closed).

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Few glitches in the game. the fat man in new bark can be talked to if you press ctrl on the square to his left. You cn't talk to your rival until you've got your pokemon. You can't talk to Elm until you have looked at the shelf and finnally, when the woman runs up to you to tell you to get a pokemon before going out, she seems to flash as she walks. Still, it's a nice little demo from what i've played so far.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • I know of the glitches/bugs. It's because right before I planned on starting to overhaul most (buggy and bad I might say) base systems, I decided to put up a release first.

You can almost always talk to Elm, only time you can't is AFTER having finished the Pokémon picking part. The shelves are completely loose from Elm's story and event...
    The woman's spriteset is incomplete, that's why she flashes. Will be fixed next release.
    The fat man... That shouldn't be, you're right. Sphere launches a talk function when a person is near someone, and I don't have a 'is person looking at the guy?' check. Might implement it in the new textbox system I'm working on, thanks for notifying me on that one.

So, next release you can expect overhauled and added systems rather than a lot more story added. I'm mianly focusing on the Pokémon system and menus for now. After that I'll overhaul the tile system, the textbox (so it runs at the same speed on any computer), and other minor system overhauls. You should know I started scripting this when I was still pretty bad at coding... :)

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Well, I've been working on a lot of systems, and improving/redoing some older ones. Two screenshots:

All menus now use the smaller font type. This one just looks better, and after investigation I found out that FR/LG and Emerald use it too anyway.
    EDIT: I know, FR/LG/Emerald use an arrow thingy in the main menu instead of the red ring! The red ring just looks better. XD

This is the new item system I am working on, it's going very well so far! Yeah I know, there's way too many Pokéballs and they repeat a lot, but that's just a test. The items are now split up in multiple bag pockets (items, balls, berries, TMs, key items all seperate) and the menu starts looking a lot more like in the official games!

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • Undefined

thethug, you can't use his game to make your own, because using his graphics, scripts, ideas, is considered stealing. If he allowed you to use it, like a starter kit then okay. But usually people don't let others use their hardwork to make games. Most likely you will have to do it on your own, or try some of the new starter kits that are going to come out. a few people are working on some starter kits, better than blizzy's anyway.

DaVince: The systems are looking great! have you started the pokegear, it would be cool to see one with a radio and a cellphone feature!

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Yo can some plz give me the dowload in order to make my own pokemon game plz.

Your spam has been reported. Next to that:

1. You seem too n00bish to create a game, if you want to use this as a base and try to make something out of it.
    2. You can't find the game download, while it is in the first post.
    3. Don't steal stuff (though I doubt you can even handle using Sphere).
    4. Don't repeat, I understood you the first time.

@Legendary_Reploid_Zero: nope, didn't start on the PokéGEAR yet. As you can see I'm really concentrating on remaking the too old systems from scratch now. The item system and menus need a lot of attention right now, as does the Pokémon menu (Pokémon system is practically done though).

Jirachi worked a bit more on Goldenrod City. Comments!

Last edited by a moderator:

Waudby

Ive played the demo through a few times, and have checked out the forums etc. I have to say this game is one of the better ones around. I hope it wont be a dissapointment to us like, c.o.l! Have you got any more updates for us at all? Maybe a screenshot of the battle system in progress??

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • No, I'm still reworking all the base systems, mostly the item system now. I've also redone the Pokémon system, which means the battles will have to be remade. After that stuff I'll release the next version anyway.

Remember, the game might progress very slowly or very quickly at times, but I'll always stay around!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back