• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GoldenSky / SilverSea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaVince

Game Creator
Years
  • It looks good, are you going to add the Day/Night system?
    Um... There already IS one. Download the current demo and play it in the evenings. ;)
    Then again, the current demo still has all the bad systems. Hope to release a new version once all the systems have been remade to be a lot better! :)

Thanks, djvolcom. This thing has been existing since April 2005, so you can count on it being finished.... sometime. XD

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Wait, huh? Why can't you download the demo, then? It should work for everyone...

The project is... Coming along. Still being worked on, though slowly most of the time. :P

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Progress? Yeah, a lot, suddenly! :D

Script-related news
    I've been working on the new Pokémon data loading system, the new item system and the leveling up system, and I'm proud to say the first one is done and the second and third one are close to being finished!

Map-related news
    Jirachi finished Goldenrod City! Now he should go work on the routes and caves that are inbetween Violet City and Azalea Town, as well as the Ruins of Alph.

Story-related news
    Two new side-stories are currently being made, one Celebii-related and the other one has something to do with the Ruins of Alph... Ooh!

No screenshots. Instead, a list of things to do before next release. If the whole list is completed, the next release will come out.

Script
    • New Pokémon system: done!
    • New item system: done!
    • Data loading systems: almost done!
    • Making the game run the same speed on any pc: half done, under constuction.
    • New game saving/loading system: not started yet.
    • Better movement system: still researching.
    • GOOD battles: not started yet.

Game/story/maps
    • Maps till Azalea town: not finished yet. Maps currently exist till Violet.
    • Story progress till Azalea town: not finished yet. Current story goes on till Violet.

Last edited:

Delta Arturo

Delta Master
    Years
  • Great game! Nowadays, people were so cooped up at making games with new regions, they forget the pleasure of the Johto region.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Well, thanks!
    You might get a bad impression from the current demo though (it's pretty bad I think and full of bugs), but if you can't wait for the next release, do what you want and try to enjoy! :)

(Just don't run in the game, because that gives the most bugs and errors!)

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Funny you ask that... I just did a huge edit on the first post (check it out, lol!), and I just added info of where Erata is located!

To not make you search... Erata is located north of Kanto, and you can enter it north of Bill's old home.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Okay, so I was scripting and stuff, slowly replacing the old and crappy functions with the new ones. This resulted in a lot of stuff becoming broken, and sometimes made double. I noticed it's just too much effort to keep on fixing things to break other things, so scripts are RESTARTED FROM SCRATCH. This means no gameplay whatsoever at the moment, but it also means the next release will be a lot more solid and easier for me to work with!

All other work still exists and is being worked on, just the scripts are bombed. :)

No don't worry, I won't do another year and a half on these scripts, since I've learned a lot since and know hot to make efficient scripts pretty quickly now. XD

Years
  • Hello I'm Jirachi one of the mappers of GS/SS there won't be many map updates from me soon cause next week i got alot of tests but after that week i got vacation so I can work alot on the maps:classic:
    well here are 3 screenshots were I was working on today:

(The slowpoke well looks easy but ill change it someday;) )

Route 33

(there are no persons yet in the maps so dont worry those get in lately)

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
    Years
  • when making my game in sphere i sometimes get frustrated. but most time it is fun. :)

good to see your still continueing the game though. keep it up DaVince.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Abandoned.

Hi.

Today, I decided to stop scripting Pokémon GS/SS. My interest for this game has been fading away for a while, and completely rescripting the thing was just too much effort I didn't want to make. That's why I'm quitting the project.

When I told Jirachi this, he told me that he couldn't manage the game very well on himself and that he somewhat lost interest in making fangames too. That's why we decided to abandon the project and post the latest version we have of it to the public.

If you need any Sphere scripts, images or other resources, then feel free to download the project. If you use some, do put our names or our team name in the credits, though. Thanks.

I'll have to say that I had fun making GS/SS while it lasted. But not anymore. Have fun with what we have made so far. :)

(You can find the source files on our site, DNA Productions.)

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Noooo! Well, its completely your decision DaVince, and I respect that. Which eventually, most people will loose interest. Good luck

Oh yeah, this is Kamon =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back