• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    Hello author, I'm seeing a lot of messages downplaying your own accomplishments and quality of this game. It takes a look of guts, skill and vulnerability to build something and let it out into the wild. Just know that for every negative comment, there are a lot of players who you've made happy playing your game.

I just discovered this romhack via this YouTube video and I intend to play it as my next romhack. Cheers to you and thank you for making this.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I'm seeing a lot of messages downplaying your own accomplishments and quality of this game.

every negative comment

I haven't played this game, but just from reading about what this hack has to offer, it can't be much worse than a 6/10 in my book.

Unless the author has had a dark history with some people online, I don't get why people would loathe this hack so much.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I haven't played this game, but just from reading about what this hack has to offer, it can't be much worse than a 6/10 in my book.

Unless the author has had a dark history with some people online, I don't get why people would loathe this hack so much.

To be accurate people don't like it at all because of the amount of bugs every time a new version is released (Most of them are minor bugs and don't break your save file). In addition the game has plenty of typos and grammar mistakes that people may find them annoying. Finally, there are several gen 2 fans who love how Johto was and refuse the changes I made on the storyline and updated mechanics and may prefer other games like Liquid Crystal that use the core mechanics from gen 3 games.

If you like my version of Johto and like the Gen 7/8 mechanics, then you will love this game if you ignore bugs and typos.

In addition, yes. The game is still under development, but I'm taking my time so if the final version will be ready until 2030, then I'll make the announcement on 2030. I'm not following a schedule so I'm taking my time, so if I have to take a 2-3 months break from development, then I'll do it.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • To be accurate people don't like it at all because of the amount of bugs every time a new version is released (Most of them are minor bugs and don't break your save file). In addition the game has plenty of typos and grammar mistakes that people may find them annoying. Finally, there are several gen 2 fans who love how Johto was and refuse the changes I made on the storyline and updated mechanics and may prefer other games like Liquid Crystal that use the core mechanics from gen 3 games.

If you like my version of Johto and like the Gen 7/8 mechanics, then you will love this game if you ignore bugs and typos.

In addition, yes. The game is still under development, but I'm taking my time so if the final version will be ready until 2030, then I'll make the announcement on 2030. I'm not following a schedule so I'm taking my time, so if I have to take a 2-3 months break from development, then I'll do it.

From my point of view, good hacks MAKE new plots. I'm the complete opposite of those squares that want things to stay in line with the main games. The more a ROM hack changes, the more it becomes.

Normally, I'd say that I'll add this to my list of games to play, but I haven't been trying new hacks recently.

Final word, take your time to finish GS Cronicles. Take up until 2050 if you need it. Maybe someday, I'll play it and share the patch to others if TPCI decides to destroy ALL fan projects.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    This is by far my most favourite rom hack I have played, I keep coming back to it and doing new runs! Thank you for the time you have taken to make this.
    I am so hoping they will be more updates to this game to the point kanto is included.
    I am unsure if I have completed it or done as much as I'm allowed? Can you catch suicune and lugia? I don't come across nothing in whirl Islands?

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    I Just Cross the ICE cave after 7th Gym and after that I Had to Fight against my Rival. Unfortunately I lost against my Rival so I cannot repeat the Fight again. The next Event in Goldenrod City is now also broken. Must I start the Game again from 0% or is there an opportunity to fix that.?? :/

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

I think I should continue the game now that I'm willing to keep romhacking c:

I think that the jokes do not matter since this is done for fun and that must always be remembered, we started the rom hack to have fun and have a good time, if you wanted to share it with people, there will be those who enjoy it and it is those people who owe you matter since there will always be someone who criticizes you for any nonsense, if you are going to leave it it is fine bro if you want to finish it many people will support you (including me), good luck in your life sister and keep going.
    Creo que las burlas no importan ya que esto se hace por diversión y eso hay que recordarlo siempre, nosotros empezamos el rom hack para divertirnos y pasarlab bien, si tu quisiste compartirlo con la gente habra quien lo disfrute y es esa gente la que te debe importar ya que siempre habra quien te critique por cualquier tonteria, si lo vas a dejar esta bien bro si lo quieres terminar mucha gente te apoyara(yo incluido), que tengas suerte en tu vida hermana y sigue adelante.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Love the romhack so far...
    Don't take the others word to serious sis.. You are doing good job...
    No matter how much time you spent in development we are willing to wait.
    Thank you for making the great romhack !!!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I think that the jokes do not matter since this is done for fun and that must always be remembered, we started the rom hack to have fun and have a good time, if you wanted to share it with people, there will be those who enjoy it and it is those people who owe you matter since there will always be someone who criticizes you for any nonsense, if you are going to leave it it is fine bro if you want to finish it many people will support you (including me), good luck in your life sister and keep going.
    Creo que las burlas no importan ya que esto se hace por diversión y eso hay que recordarlo siempre, nosotros empezamos el rom hack para divertirnos y pasarlab bien, si tu quisiste compartirlo con la gente habra quien lo disfrute y es esa gente la que te debe importar ya que siempre habra quien te critique por cualquier tonteria, si lo vas a dejar esta bien bro si lo quieres terminar mucha gente te apoyara(yo incluido), que tengas suerte en tu vida hermana y sigue adelante.

The hack author is actually planning to continue the hack

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    I Just Cross the ICE cave after 7th Gym and after that I Had to Fight against my Rival. Unfortunately I lost against my Rival so I cannot repeat the Fight again. The next Event in Goldenrod City is now also broken. Must I start the Game again from 0% or is there an opportunity to fix that.?? :/

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • IMPORTANT UPDATE

This is something that I had pending to do, but until now I have time to do it. As you may know, the game has been for a couple of years in a very slow development due to irl stuff and lack of motivation. The game is still on development, but I needed to make some things clear for you to know what is going on.

1. Due to an issue with my laptop I wiped the hard drive, but I didn't realize it wiped the romhack files with a few changes, so basically I lost one year of work since that copy was not being auto backed up online. So I had to use the latest backup I had that was from July 2021 (One of the things I lost was the fully functional HM system from BDSP remakes)

2. Right now I'm working on other QoL improvement and rebalancing some things thanks to the advice of my Discord server admin The Arcane Relic. Once I have all planned things ready I will proceed with the final steps which is completing all maps.

And now it's time for something that is more important and I'm very excited to announce.

After almost two years, a new build will be released!!!

Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you. A new version will release with some minor in late March/early April with some changes that I'm going to list:

1. Fixes for some common bugs that I fixed time ago but due to the loss of my hard drive I had to fix again.

2. Implementation of some QoL improvements, like the HM system from BD/SP where you don't need a specific Pokemon to use HM field moves, since a wild Pokemon will help you instead, and the addition of recent Johto evolutions from latest games, and other stuff.
    3. Changes to the main storyline that I didn't like and will be changed to connect with the planned story for the last part of the game.

4. More changes to rebalance stats for some Pokémon to make them usable for at least in the regular gameplay.

5. Finally, addition of more competitive stuff like EV training, more ways to easily farm bottle caps and nature/ability changing availability. All those changes will be made because I'm working on fixing the connectivity issues that have made cable link battles and trading to not work.

Finally, some other things planned for the last part of the game, which is the Kanto adventure, that will include some changes inspired by the latest games from 9th generation.

The Kanto adventure will be divided in 4 different stories that can be finished in any order you want. Here is a brief overview of these stories:

1. The Champion of Champions: after becoming the first champion of the Johto region, you will be invited to take part of the Indigo League, where you will be able to challenge the Kanto gym leaders in whatever order you want, and once you collect all 8 Kanto Badges, You will earn the privilege of battling the Kanto Elite four and challenge their Champion!

2. The Legendary storm: a strange phenomenon is happening in Kanto, where weird portals are being opened. Recent reports show that these portal lead to a space out of this world, With a ferocious Legendary Pokémon in it! Battle these Legendary Pokémon before they get out of the portal and put the Kanto region in danger!

3. The Disgrace of a Former Glory: After being defeated at the Goldenrod Tower, Team Rocket Admins managed to escape from being captured by the International Police. According to police reports, They escaped to Kanto to meet the very few grunts left there that are still loyal to Team Rocket. An agonizing Team Rocket will use all their resources to run their final and definitive scheme and make a victorious comeback. Find all Team Rocket hideouts and put a finish on their plans!

4. The Master of Pokémon: A former trainer who is now helping Professor Oak has informed you that during the last years a lot of new Pokemon species are appearing all over Kanto. They developed an updated National Pokédex and needs your help completing the Pokedex. How many Pokemon you may need to catch to fill them? 600? Maybe 700? 1000!? You'll find it out soon!

Once all stories are completed you will unlock the Pokémon GS Chronicles final chapter, where all stories will end, and the story of the rookie trainer from New Bark Town who became the Champion will conclude.

For now this is everything I have. I'm open to accept feedback and suggestions for the final part of the game in my Discord server.
    I'm excited with all things I have planned and I hope you can have a final release some day. Until then, bye and I hope you like it.

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
  • Ok...Not gonna lie, I'm super excited for this! When I first played GS Chronicles, it was amazing. Hence why I can't wait to play this new update!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.png

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    IMPORTANT UPDATE

This is something that I had pending to do, but until now I have time to do it. As you may know, the game has been for a couple of years in a very slow development due to irl stuff and lack of motivation. The game is still on development, but I needed to make some things clear for you to know what is going on.

1. Due to an issue with my laptop I wiped the hard drive, but I didn't realize it wiped the romhack files with a few changes, so basically I lost one year of work since that copy was not being auto backed up online. So I had to use the latest backup I had that was from July 2021 (One of the things I lost was the fully functional HM system from BDSP remakes)

2. Right now I'm working on other QoL improvement and rebalancing some things thanks to the advice of my Discord server admin The Arcane Relic. Once I have all planned things ready I will proceed with the final steps which is completing all maps.

And now it's time for something that is more important and I'm very excited to announce.

After almost two years, a new build will be released!!!

Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you. A new version will release with some minor in late March/early April with some changes that I'm going to list:

1. Fixes for some common bugs that I fixed time ago but due to the loss of my hard drive I had to fix again.

2. Implementation of some QoL improvements, like the HM system from BD/SP where you don't need a specific Pokemon to use HM field moves, since a wild Pokemon will help you instead, and the addition of recent Johto evolutions from latest games, and other stuff.
    3. Changes to the main storyline that I didn't like and will be changed to connect with the planned story for the last part of the game.

4. More changes to rebalance stats for some Pokémon to make them usable for at least in the regular gameplay.

5. Finally, addition of more competitive stuff like EV training, more ways to easily farm bottle caps and nature/ability changing availability. All those changes will be made because I'm working on fixing the connectivity issues that have made cable link battles and trading to not work.

Finally, some other things planned for the last part of the game, which is the Kanto adventure, that will include some changes inspired by the latest games from 9th generation.

The Kanto adventure will be divided in 4 different stories that can be finished in any order you want. Here is a brief overview of these stories:

1. The Champion of Champions: after becoming the first champion of the Johto region, you will be invited to take part of the Indigo League, where you will be able to challenge the Kanto gym leaders in whatever order you want, and once you collect all 8 Kanto Badges, You will earn the privilege of battling the Kanto Elite four and challenge their Champion!

2. The Legendary storm: a strange phenomenon is happening in Kanto, where weird portals are being opened. Recent reports show that these portal lead to a space out of this world, With a ferocious Legendary Pokémon in it! Battle these Legendary Pokémon before they get out of the portal and put the Kanto region in danger!

3. The Disgrace of a Former Glory: After being defeated at the Goldenrod Tower, Team Rocket Admins managed to escape from being captured by the International Police. According to police reports, They escaped to Kanto to meet the very few grunts left there that are still loyal to Team Rocket. An agonizing Team Rocket will use all their resources to run their final and definitive scheme and make a victorious comeback. Find all Team Rocket hideouts and put a finish on their plans!

4. The Master of Pokémon: A former trainer who is now helping Professor Oak has informed you that during the last years a lot of new Pokemon species are appearing all over Kanto. They developed an updated National Pokédex and needs your help completing the Pokedex. How many Pokemon you may need to catch to fill them? 600? Maybe 700? 1000!? You'll find it out soon!

Once all stories are completed you will unlock the Pokémon GS Chronicles final chapter, where all stories will end, and the story of the rookie trainer from New Bark Town who became the Champion will conclude.

For now this is everything I have. I'm open to accept feedback and suggestions for the final part of the game in my Discord server.
    I'm excited with all things I have planned and I hope you can have a final release some day. Until then, bye and I hope you like it.

I like that there's multiple stories in the next build. It honestly was one of my favorite things about Scarlet & Violet. I'm looking forward to play it when you release it!

Battle Trainer 1823

Awesome, glad to hear newer Pokémon species will appear in Kanto!

Since the original game had all Gen 1-4 mons plus Sylveon in here, maybe you could add the Galarian Birds and Regis to the Legendary Portal event, as they're connected to lore existing at the time :D

For the Pokédex check this out, an user made an Expanded Kanto Pokédex in this picture, perhaps it could inspire you to choose certain mons or make Kantonian Forms: https://www.deviantart.com/adeptcharon/art/Revisited-KantoJohtoDex-746326190

Good luck on your project! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    When you say you are adding new evolutions, will you be adding things such as Alolan Exeggutor, or only evolutions like Farigiraf and Ursaluna?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm late to the game but is there a nature changer?? If so where? My whole team has negative natures and there's no places to grind around Mahogany for new Pokémon. Lapras is crushing me lol

Back