• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm late to the game but is there a nature changer??

Not in the current build. No idea if there are plans to add it.

The most reliable method for finding optimal Pokémon so far is Dex-Naving (for better IVs, specific Abilities and Egg moves) with Synchronize Ralts/Abra (one for each nature you want) leading the party.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    IMPORTANT UPDATE

This is something that I had pending to do, but until now I have time to do it. As you may know, the game has been for a couple of years in a very slow development due to irl stuff and lack of motivation. The game is still on development, but I needed to make some things clear for you to know what is going on.

1. Due to an issue with my laptop I wiped the hard drive, but I didn't realize it wiped the romhack files with a few changes, so basically I lost one year of work since that copy was not being auto backed up online. So I had to use the latest backup I had that was from July 2021 (One of the things I lost was the fully functional HM system from BDSP remakes)

2. Right now I'm working on other QoL improvement and rebalancing some things thanks to the advice of my Discord server admin The Arcane Relic. Once I have all planned things ready I will proceed with the final steps which is completing all maps.

And now it's time for something that is more important and I'm very excited to announce.

After almost two years, a new build will be released!!!

Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you. A new version will release with some minor in late March/early April with some changes that I'm going to list:

1. Fixes for some common bugs that I fixed time ago but due to the loss of my hard drive I had to fix again.

2. Implementation of some QoL improvements, like the HM system from BD/SP where you don't need a specific Pokemon to use HM field moves, since a wild Pokemon will help you instead, and the addition of recent Johto evolutions from latest games, and other stuff.
    3. Changes to the main storyline that I didn't like and will be changed to connect with the planned story for the last part of the game.

4. More changes to rebalance stats for some Pokémon to make them usable for at least in the regular gameplay.

5. Finally, addition of more competitive stuff like EV training, more ways to easily farm bottle caps and nature/ability changing availability. All those changes will be made because I'm working on fixing the connectivity issues that have made cable link battles and trading to not work.

Finally, some other things planned for the last part of the game, which is the Kanto adventure, that will include some changes inspired by the latest games from 9th generation.

The Kanto adventure will be divided in 4 different stories that can be finished in any order you want. Here is a brief overview of these stories:

1. The Champion of Champions: after becoming the first champion of the Johto region, you will be invited to take part of the Indigo League, where you will be able to challenge the Kanto gym leaders in whatever order you want, and once you collect all 8 Kanto Badges, You will earn the privilege of battling the Kanto Elite four and challenge their Champion!

2. The Legendary storm: a strange phenomenon is happening in Kanto, where weird portals are being opened. Recent reports show that these portal lead to a space out of this world, With a ferocious Legendary Pokémon in it! Battle these Legendary Pokémon before they get out of the portal and put the Kanto region in danger!

3. The Disgrace of a Former Glory: After being defeated at the Goldenrod Tower, Team Rocket Admins managed to escape from being captured by the International Police. According to police reports, They escaped to Kanto to meet the very few grunts left there that are still loyal to Team Rocket. An agonizing Team Rocket will use all their resources to run their final and definitive scheme and make a victorious comeback. Find all Team Rocket hideouts and put a finish on their plans!

4. The Master of Pokémon: A former trainer who is now helping Professor Oak has informed you that during the last years a lot of new Pokemon species are appearing all over Kanto. They developed an updated National Pokédex and needs your help completing the Pokedex. How many Pokemon you may need to catch to fill them? 600? Maybe 700? 1000!? You'll find it out soon!

Once all stories are completed you will unlock the Pokémon GS Chronicles final chapter, where all stories will end, and the story of the rookie trainer from New Bark Town who became the Champion will conclude.

For now this is everything I have. I'm open to accept feedback and suggestions for the final part of the game in my Discord server.
    I'm excited with all things I have planned and I hope you can have a final release some day. Until then, bye and I hope you like it.

Bienvenido de vuelta!!! Llevo años esperando esto....

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    After almost two years, a new build will be released!!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of all your hard work.
    Still this sounds like it could finally become the definite gen2 remake, that it always had the potential to be.
    The QoL-changes, competitive additions and the Kanto adventures seem spot on. especially the final chapter feels like a creative and rewarding ending.
    Cant wait to play it!

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Being completely honest didn't play any of the original betas but your work is still praised out there developer and that praise reached me recently so quite happy to try whatever you bring forward on your return update!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Sounds great, Cant wait for this, was going to start playing it as it seems to be the best retelling and most content-filled/complete gold/silver retelling I can find

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I'm very much looking forward to this. As soon as the new version is released I plan on sharing it with all my friends.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Just curious if there are any plans for this new version to include any evolutions past gen 4 such as Wyrdeer and Kleavor?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Beta 2.7 is finally here!!!

Go to the main post to download it.

(I made a ton of changes, and I didn't do a list of changes. Sorry :( will do it later.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Beta 2.7 is finally here!!!

(I made a ton of changes, and I didn't do a list of changes. Sorry :( will do it later.

Congratulations on the latest release! Out of sheer curiosity, are there differences in the storyline, or events redone in the latest update? Thank you!

Feuerzeit

Magic Gambler
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    Hello, i wondering how do I get into Kanto? I became the Johto Champion but i didn't get the ticket or anything

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Would love to be able to actually play the game without it constantly crashing every 5-10 minutes, it is quite insufferable. For those who play it, save it after every single battle or you'll find yourself losing out on progress way too often.

This sounds like a problem with the emulator you are using, or you are possibly utilizing the incorrect dump of Fire Red. I suggest you use the fire red squirrels ROM file.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I did run into a funny bug. The rocket members in the gate north of mahogany town that take the 1000 toll got stuck in an infinte loop. taking all my money and then repeatably saying i didn't have enough money for the toll

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Would love to be able to actually play the game without it constantly crashing every 5-10 minutes, it is quite insufferable. For those who play it, save it after every single battle or you'll find yourself losing out on progress way too often.

Yeah that happens to me when I use speed up.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Beta 2.7 is finally here!!!

So, techinically it's the same beta released before the reset, but updated?

Back