• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
HELP!!!

I have tried everything on here and i cant seem to make my 4799 - Pokemon SoulSilver (E)(BAHAMUT).nds (the most recent rom on Romulation) work on my emulator im using No$ the problem is after the long chat with Prof. Oak wher you say you are a boy or girl and enter your name both screens go black and stay black please help me out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
everyone seems to be having problems, I don't think there's a non crashing rom (yet) but I hope there will be soon

how did you get pass the black screen? the black screen cheat isn't working for me no matter what I do, and I enable the cheat right after I open the rom
(I'm using no$gba 2.6a)

Use the SoulSilver cheat! That cheat is for BOTH US versions.
The HeartGold cheat is for Japan!

Find Firmware.bin and put in your No$GBA folder. Game will crash eventually but will take alot of events (around 66 i believe which is WAY better than 32=0 badges, 24=1 badge, 16=2 badges, 3= 3 badges, not functional after the 4th badge results that we've been getting) so still save often! I have 7 badges and i'm about to enter the Ice Cave!!!

The game is definitely playable and enjoyable!

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
Use the SoulSilver cheat! That cheat is for BOTH US versions.
The HeartGold cheat is for Japan!

Find Firmware.bin and put in your No$GBA folder. Game will crash eventually but will take alot of events (around 66 i believe which is WAY better than 32=0 badges, 24=1 badge, 16=2 badges, 3= 3 badges, not functional after the 4th badge results that we've been getting) so still save often! I have 7 badges and i'm about to enter the Ice Cave!!!

The game is definitely playable and enjoyable!

hmm what roms did you use and patches?

can u message me the links if it aint a problem. thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
hmm what roms did you use and patches?

can u message me the links if it aint a problem. thanks

I don't have enough posts!!! I'm playing SoulSilver (U) by Xenophobia. Clean rom, no patches on No$GBA! Have a file called Firmware.bin in my No$GBA folder! I found this file on a romulation or GBAtemps forum! I will find and post the links when I have enough posts! Stay tuned!!!

So far, i have 8 badges, just caught Lugia, and I'm on my way to KILL the Elite 4:cool:

020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000
Try this to get past black screens in both US games

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000
DOES NOT WORK!!!

Trevo

Ironfist Boss
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
I need Help! My pokemon heartgold game on my ttds freezes at a black screen every time i try to continue my game! Please help me! can someone fid a 100% perfect rom? or can you find a anti freeze patch that works? Please help Me!

Years
I don't have enough posts!!! I'm playing SoulSilver (U) by Xenophobia. Clean rom, no patches on No$GBA! Have a file called Firmware.bin in my No$GBA folder! I found this file on a romulation or GBAtemps forum! I will find and post the links when I have enough posts! Stay tuned!!!

So far, i have 8 badges, just caught Lugia, and I'm on my way to KILL the Elite 4:cool:

020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000
Try this to get past black screens in both US games

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000
DOES NOT WORK!!!
thanks a lot, I finally got over the black screen :D
the rom crashed the two times I tried to play the game though
the first time all the buttons on the menu suddenly disappeared and I couldn't do anything except completely restart the game, and the second time a window called "no$gba fatal" popped up that said: requires BIOS ROM-image to execute undef opcode exceptions (I dont know what that means)
I'm going to try to find that fireware.bin file you were talking about and see if it will solve the crashing problem

[edit]
by the way, am I supposed to keep the black screen code enabled the entire time I play or can I turn if off after it works? and how often do you save?
also, did you change any of your no$gba settings after adding the firmware.bin file? I read somewhere that you need to select GBA BIOS (Nintndo logo) under Reset/Startup Entrypoint

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
thanks a lot, I finally got over the black screen :D
the rom crashed the two times I tried to play the game though
the first time all the buttons on the menu suddenly disappeared and I couldn't do anything except completely restart the game, and the second time a window called "no$gba fatal" popped up that said: requires BIOS ROM-image to execute undef opcode exceptions (I dont know what that means)
I'm going to try to find that fireware.bin file you were talking about and see if it will solve the crashing problem

[edit]
by the way, am I supposed to keep the black screen code enabled the entire time I play or can I turn if off after it works? and how often do you save?
also, did you change any of your no$gba settings after adding the firmware.bin file? I read somewhere that you need to select GBA BIOS (Nintndo logo) under Reset/Startup Entrypoint

I changed NO SETTINGS!!! Do not select GBA BIOS!!! Thats not necessary and I don't even think it works!!! Use START CARTRIDGE DIRECTLY!!!

I don't turn the code back off but i've heard of people that do and I don't think it really matters!

I really haven't kept track of how much I save! Thinking back, I save before and after important things!(Rocket leaders, Gym leaders, Lugia, etc...) I do know that I can walk a whole route and battle everybody w/o saving! WHEN YOU SAVE, remember to CLOSE NO$GBA AND OPEN IT BACK UP AFTERWARDS!!! No$GBA does not save to the hard drive until when it is closed by you! If it crashes, and you saved without closing No$GBA directly afterwards you wont start at your last save point!

Years
I changed NO SETTINGS!!! Do not select GBA BIOS!!! Thats not necessary and I don't even think it works!!! Use START CARTRIDGE DIRECTLY!!!

I don't turn the code back off but i've heard of people that do and I don't think it really matters!

I really haven't kept track of how much I save! Thinking back, I save before and after important things!(Rocket leaders, Gym leaders, Lugia, etc...) I do know that I can walk a whole route and battle everybody w/o saving! WHEN YOU SAVE, remember to CLOSE NO$GBA AND OPEN IT BACK UP AFTERWARDS!!! No$GBA does not save to the hard drive until when it is closed by you! If it crashes, and you saved without closing No$GBA directly afterwards you wont start at your last save point!
yeah, I know about closing no$gba after saving. I learned that the hard way when my platinum crashed and I lost my save file xD

the firmware.bin file works and heartgold seems to be working fine now, so thanks a whole bunch for your help! :D
hopefully the rom won't crash later on...

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
Years
The firmware.bin stops the crashing but it can still freeze so you have to continue saving. I'm playing Heart Gold and I have no crashes yet, just freezes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
WARNING!!! SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I'm in Vermillion city! The only problems I have is sometimes the sprites glitch out! Especially in Clair's gym! However I messed around inside the S.S. Aqua for a long time W/O saving and when I got off the game froze when Suicune appeared and Enisune walked up! The rom DID NOT CRASH! The game made the Suicune cry, Enisune walked up and then instead of the Suicune running away, the game stopped responding with the Suicune sprite still kinda wiggling around!!! I restarted no$GBA and this didn't happen a second time! Has something similar happened to anyone during a cutscene?!

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
How to transfer pokemon HG/SS save game from a flash cart to the actual game ?

Is it possible to? B/c I wanted to buy the actual game just for the pokewalker.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Just curious, does your save file transfer over to a flashcart when you put the ROM on it? I'm sure there's a way to transfer it, and I would like to know if it's possible. :P Thanks.

Years
where can i get the firmware bin file, and how do i install?
just google it and you'll find download links for it
put it in the same folder as no$gba.exe (assuming you're using no$gba)
not sure about other emulators but I think you would just put it in the same folder as the emulator program

[edit]
by the way, does anyone know how I can get both chikorita and cyndaquil? since you can't trade with emulators I don't know what I can do to get both starters, and I've never used pokesav before
also, I restarted my HG to try to get a female chikorita and now when I leave the house my character turns into a black square. The same goes for Ethan and his maril when you first see them :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
just google it and you'll find download links for it
put it in the same folder as no$gba.exe (assuming you're using no$gba)
not sure about other emulators but I think you would just put it in the same folder as the emulator program

[edit]
by the way, does anyone know how I can get both chikorita and cyndaquil? since you can't trade with emulators I don't know what I can do to get both starters, and I've never used pokesav before
also, I restarted my HG to try to get a female chikorita and now when I leave the house my character turns into a black square. The same goes for Ethan and his maril when you first see them :(

Thats the sprite glitch out thing I was talking about! The game never got stuck like this for me. You can ignore this unless it really wierds you out like it did with me! Just walk in a door and walk out or go up and down the steps! You may have to do this multiple times to stop the sprites from glitching! It does this to me when I heal or use the PC in the pokecenter and I had this problem badly in sprout tower and clair's gym!

Also, Pokesav is a great program!!! You should really try it! I wish someone would make a Pokesav for the third generation!!!

EDIT: The Pokeathalon or whatever it is LAGS so horribly that is unplayable!!! Does anybody have a fix for this?!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
I downloaded the US version of Heart Gold, but when you come back to the lab and then head out and are intercepted by Lyra to learn usage of pokeballs, the game sort of fails. Lyra comes to me and just stands there. Music keeps playing, and the animation on her Marill continues. Any solutions to this?

Using desmume 0.9.5 x86 if that helps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Hi,after I beat Whitney the game is horrible to play,it crashes too often....can you send me link to download that firmware via PM? Please....I didnt fing antyhing on google...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back