• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Heart & Soul; the OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Pokémon Heart & Soul; the OOC
    by Omega Saikon

I n t r o d u c t i o n ;

Many know of an ancient legend. Millions of years ago, a deadly storm wiped out all but a few Pokémon and legend trainer. The magical tears of those Pokémon and legend trainer rained down on the planet of Earth. All of Earth was restored by the tears of the Pokémon and legendary trainer. Now it is millions of years later, and a new, very different life is about to be created. New legends are about to be born…

You.

The activity of Pokémon trainers throughout the world are blossoming. More and more young folks are aspiring Pokémon Masters or Coordinators of Pokémon. They all have one goal - it is to simply be the best at what they do. It's a national purpose of all Pokémon trainers. Battle Gym Leaders, battle with friends, with strangers, enemies, etc. This is what life is all about, being accompanied by a Pokémon friend.

P l o t ;
    Many things have changed in the region of Johto. All of the Gym Leaders had set out on journey throughout all of the other regions and have finally returned with new, stronger Pokémon. Professor Elm has traveled to Kanto to work on a brand new project with Professor Oak, therefor there is a temporary Professor in the lab - Professor Willow. This man has brought in new Pokémon species from all over and has been calling and recruiting members for the opening of the improved Johto League, informing them of this special opportunity.

You are a Pokémon trainer from another region besides Johto and you're one of the recruited members by Professor Willow that have been offered this exclusive chance at the new Johto League. This is the catch - you are only allowed to bring only one of your Pokémon partners from your previous journeys and you will be rewarded with one Pokémon by Professor Willow. This Pokémon may be from any region, all you have to do is state that specific region that you want it to be from and it's type. I, Omega Saikon, will choose which Pokémon it is that Professor Willow will give you.

By the way, this is not just an ordinary journey RolePlay. Trust me, there will be a major plot twist when I feel the time is right. So don't sign up thinking this is just another one of those region-journey RP's that are boring. No - this is far from it. When it's time to post, you will have already arrived in the region of Johto and have just recently received your Pokémon from Professor Willow that I will have already assigned you. The setting - summer time. There is more day than night, and the sun is blazing. Fire Pokémon are strongest this time of year.
    R u l e s ;
    - Standard PokéCommunity Rules apply. If you haven't read them, click here.
    -
    No Godmodding, Bunnying, Powerplaying, etc.
    - Show respect to every other member within this thread.
    - Be active. As much as I will like you (the member) and your characters, I will not hesitate to boot you from the RP. I'm strict with this.
    - Keep this RolePlay around PG-13. Read the thread if you don't know the rules for this.
    - No capturing Legendaries! Or even a fully evolved Pokémon that's a beast like Dragonite or Aggron or Rhyperior. You get me?
    S i g n - u p ;
    Name: (First and Last, middle's optional and nickname in " ")
    Personality: (How your character acts in every aspect)
    Appearance: (Physical features, mention everything there is to know about your character in detail)
    History: (Any background information about your character that you feel that your fellow members need to know about him/her)
    Pokémon: (Only 1 Pokémon from your former party; you can also include a little summary of your former Pokémon team. I also want personalities of your Pokémon, maybe a little history of it too.)
    Pokémon Registration: (Here you mention the region where you want the Pokémon that will be givento be from and I want you to specify the type you want it to be.)
    Post Sample: (Can be copied from another RP you were previously in, although make sure it's in spoiler tags)
    O t h e r N o t e s ;
    In honor of the two new Pokémon games that were announced to be made, Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I have decided to create an attempt at an RP that centers around the heart and soul of the Jhoto region. Keep in mind that this is my very first RP made on this forum. I will put forth maximum effort to keep this up and running for as long as it needs to be, but with your help of course!
    A c c e p t e d C h a r a c t e r s ;
    - Mizu-kun
    - iLike2EatPiez
    - Silvanarrow
    - Vorteld
    - Rafey
    - White Lancer
    - Extric
    - Sola84
    - xcageboyx
    - Got-a-Plan-B
    - Dutchesse
    - Cirrus
    - KillehKiwi
    - BrianGabriel
    - King
    - Neku
    - Neiko Star
    What would be better, for everyone to re-post their final character sign-up here or not?

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
    Ah the OOC :)

It's funny how some have started differently, such as some are inside the lab, some are outside, some are meeting prof. Willow alone and others have a large crowd. Interesting.

Anyone want to tell that idiot Karl to use his pokedex rather then just stare at his murkrow hoping it'll tell him? XD

Oh Su? Might be easier to post it on the first post as a spolier under the accepted name so it's easier to find in an instant rather then trailing through 4 pages of text to find.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I agree with Sola; with so many SU's it'd be a heck of a lot easier to access them all if they were kept in the first post. I myself often reference other peoples' SUs (and my own) for posts, so not having to dig through several posts would be convenient. Of course, that'd be a lot of work on your part, as you'd have to copy-paste every one into the post and possibly edit them yourself each time someone gets a new Pokemon... Maybe there's another way to manage it. For the sake of convenience, though, yeah. Having all the SU's in spoilers would save a lot of people a lot of time.

King!

better
    Years
    ^Agreed with the two posters above.

i have a question.

How are movesets used in this RP? Will there only be four moves on each POkemon? And are we using DPPt move level-up'ee thing-ys?

BTW, what level is our starter and what moves? And what about the POkemon we brought? :D

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    I think we should establish groups so this doesn't turn into a boring chapter-ish RP. So who wants to try to withstand Carden and his utter dislike of everything, especially those who mock his height?

Side note: I think Sign ups should be closed. Too many people in the RP will be hard to handle, and I personally find sign ups distract from the posts especially if they are intertwined.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Yeah, at least some form of groups would help the RP, even if it's just pairs of characters or certain characters meeting up every now and then. Things will get boring pretty fast if everyone's just out RPing alone with little interaction. I myself don't really care who my character (Terri) ends up getting stuck with or following around. So long as she has someone to pester, I'm happy. xD

17 RPers is quite a few to keep track of... But SUs will sort of have to end soon anyways, considering once everyone's off journeying it'd be pretty much impossible for any new members starting at New Bark to catch up with the others.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    If Terri likes pestering people, then Carden is the man to pester lol. My character is sleeping, so you could just wake him up. Perfect way to start a relationship lol.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Sweet! I've been hoping the OOC thread would be up for a while. I definitely agree that sign-ups should be closed. We've already got so many people as it is, it's going to be hard to keep track of which person is playing as which character. Also, I think it's a good idea to at least post a shortened version of everyone's SU in the first post (ie. name, brief personality and appearance, and pokemon roster) so that we don't have to go through all the posts to find them to know who we're talking to.

The idea of groups or partners is really interesting, but I think we should also take our characters' personalities into account. I know for my character, Eri, she definitely doesn't want to travel with someone initially. However, I like the idea of her crossing paths with people repeatedly and eventually getting to the point where she opens up to them and teams up with them. Plots like that make for great character development, especially for those that are playing as more antisocial people. Anyone who wants to do that with me/Eri, let me know ^_^. I'm open to her becoming part of a group or pairing down the road.

Oh, and one question for Omega Saikon. How far do you want us to go in this first chapter? Should we move on to the next day or mainly stick around the lab until chapter 2? Also, how does catching Pokemon work? Do we write the battle, toss the Pokeball, and wait for you to confirm if we caught it or not?

Last edited:
    Years
    Sweet! I've been hoping the OOC thread would be up for a while. I definitely agree that sign-ups should be closed. We've already got so many people as it is, it's going to be hard to keep track of which person is playing as which character. Also, I think it's a good idea to at least post a shortened version of everyone's SU in the first post (ie. name, brief personality and appearance, and pokemon roster) so that we don't have to go through all the posts to find them to know who we're talking to.

The idea of groups or partners is really interesting, but I think we should also take our characters' personalities into account. I know for my character, Eri, she definitely doesn't want to travel with someone initially. However, I like the idea of her crossing paths with people repeatedly and eventually getting to the point where she opens up to them and teams up with them. Plots like that make for great character development, especially for those that are playing as more antisocial people. Anyone who wants to do that with me/Eri, let me know ^_^

Oh, and one question for Omega Saikon. How far do you want us to go in this first chapter? Should we move on to the next day or mainly stick around the lab until chapter 2? Also, how does catching Pokemon work? Do we write the battle, toss the Pokeball, and wait for you to confirm if we caught it or not?

Well, I came into this post to say a few things, but you basically said them all for me, XD. Namely:

1. Close sign-ups, as it's already seeming a little cramped for space in there.
    2. My character is much more of a loner, so while it would be a good plot for someone to try to befriend him, he's definitely going to be lukewarm at best to the the idea of joining up with someone...unless they manage to break through his barrier, which will take some doing.
    3. I second the question about catching Pokémon, and I would also like to ask if we will be having PvP battles in this RP. If so, how will the outcome of those be determined?

Anyway, this is my first RP on the site, so I hope it goes well. I look forward to RPing with all of you.

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
    I agree with closing SUs, you could always open them up later - but if it gets too crowded with people doing their own thing and Sus posted every so often it can get irritating and overwhelming especially if you feel you have to read everyone's post.

In another rp I've seen when they have so many people (and extremely long posts) they post a summery of their post at the bottom so if it involves your character you can check quickly then read, if not you don't have to read it. I doubt this would be needed, but it's just something to think about.

This is my first pokemon rp so I look forward to hearing the answers on catching new pokemon and PvP as I wouldn't know where to start on that.

I'm happy for my character to meet up with people further down the road, so to speak, but I'd like him to be in a group/pairing even if it's with someone who doesn't like him lol he's a lazy slob so that's bound to get on someone's nerves. He's not one to wind anyone up, he's too mellow for that.

King!

better
    Years
    1) Agreed with the close SU's thing.
    2) Me and sasuneuchiha are already working on our second joint post.xD
    3) I'm wondering if Rafey would like to travel with us to.......
    4) Actually, anybody who wants to can join us two, but you must have gmail, as it's the only way we plan.
    5) WHERE IS OMEGA!?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    You seem active Vorteld, so I wouldn't mind(well Carden would but that is a different story). The completely different personalities of our characters could make the adventure somewhat interesting, as long as you don't mind planning out posts over PM.

So if you want to, just wake up my character or something since he is sleeping on the grass with Chimchar hanging out for the moment.

Last edited:

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
    </3

What about those of us who have gone through the pain-staking slave laboring process of struggling to come up with an exquisite SU, and really busted our butts to get them up quick so as not to fall behind everyone else? It just doesn't seem fair to me to leave those of us who are still floating around in SU oblivion, waiting to be accepted or shown the door, especially when 'said' people spent nearly five hours on their SU in total. D< If you're saying it should be closed after the people, (ie me) who didn't know that SUs were winding down are Accepted/Declined, then i'm all for it. I realize the Roleplay is crowded, but when some who have been accepted only put twenty minutes' worth of sweat into this thing, I simmer just thinking about being Denied on terms of overcrowding. :(

King!

better
    Years
    ^Good point UmbreonGirl

I think that when Omega gets back, there should be like......3-4 more days of SU's......then thats it....

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    What Omega should do is Accept or Decline the ones up and then close it. It is crowded as it is, that is and will be my only point.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Speaking of whom, does anybody know where Omega is? At the moment, I'm at a bit of a standstill in terms of what to write, since we don't have anymore information. And I find it interesting that, even though so many people have been accepted into the RP, less than half have actually posted. Maybe the overcrowding isn't as big of an issue as we think.

By the way, Vorteld and Got-a-Plan-B, I like how your two characters are going to travel together. Their personalities are so different that it should make for some great reading/writing ^_^

Years
    Speaking of whom, does anybody know where Omega is? At the moment, I'm at a bit of a standstill in terms of what to write, since we don't have anymore information. And I find it interesting that, even though so many people have been accepted into the RP, less than half have actually posted. Maybe the overcrowding isn't as big of an issue as we think.

I'm in a similar situation. I'd like for Elian to make an attempt at catching a Pokémon in my next post, but I don't know what the rules are on that in this RP.

I figured some of the people who signed up would probably not continue with the post...there are just so many in there that the sheer number of people who signed up probably scared a few off, and others probably got wrapped up in a different RP or something. Then there are those who are waiting for their SUs to be approved or denied...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back