• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    OOC: I apologize in advance for any errors. I had to rush this.

Carden pleased himself by insulting and ditching the tall child, who managed to only irritate Carden a small amount, which was a rarity. Damn child, does he honsetly believe I have the time to talk to him. He is just a peon compared to me...one day I will show him. When the time is right, Carden thought as he walked towards the western border of New Bark Town, far away from the annoying child and closer to Cherrygrove. Route 29, eh? Nothing worth catching here. I better just blitz through the Route. No sense in wasting the few Poke Balls I actually have on useless Pokemon. His deep, analytical thought on developing a Pokemon Team began. Carden knew he needed to plan out his future team now in order to combat future trainers and potential rivals. So the logical process began as Carden closed his eyes and focused, hoping his college education along with a brain bred for math and science did its work:

Let's see. So far I have Absol, a fairly powerful yet frail Dark type Pokemon. At the moment, his powers are fairly comparable to most Gym Leaders, however I cannot rely on his abilities alone. An unbalanced team is begging for defeat. Assisting him is Chimchar, whose powers are likely lower in scale but higher in potential. Based on data provided by the Pokedex, he is a fire-type. His biological design holds the ability to perform fighting type moves, so it is a possibility he can become a Fire/Fighting type post evolution. Therefore, my team's weakness at this moment are Water and Flying, so an Electric type will be required, leaving me weak to gro--

"Hey! Mr. Stocky!"

Oh god....please tell me I am dreaming. It is a dream right? There is no way a fool like him bothered to follow me to this exact location to further insult me.

"You know, Mr. Stocky. I'm headed for Cherrygrove City as well! What do you say to us traveling together?"

No. I am not interested, Carden answered to himself however the ability to vocalize it was impossible. Being called stocky prevented verbally understandable words to be stated. Instead, his body froze as if he was encased in ice. Small grunts were heard, but they were muffled and inaudible. The child began posing and being overly dramatic. The pure idiocy of the tall man was astounding. Carden never experienced such immaturity in his life. The giant began being acting friendly. He placed his hand on his shoulder, ignoring the disdain on Carden's face, pretending he knew Carden and his game.

"I think I know your game. Eh, those clothes are pretty expensive, huh? Let me guess: Sole child? They are often loners and self-reliant guys, but even those need friends. Trust me, Mr. Stocky, I am one myself! And just because people teases you for your height, it's nothing to worry about."

The man was certainly daring. His choice of words were reckless and far from intelligent. Clearly, this man did not know Carden at all. Carden tried his best to remain calm, and make his next spoken words actually human instead of the pure animalistic rage that Pokemon like Salamence would fear, but swam in the depths of Carden's heart. The man went where no man should: verbally mocking Carden's height.

"Take your hand off me, you damn dirty ape! And just because you happen to be tall, doesn't mean you call me stocky! How you would like it if I broke your legs and brought you down a few feet huh?! Then you will see how it is to be short!" Carden howled with unfiltered hate swinging his arms around like a raging child on steroids removing the man's hand off him with enough force to knock him back a few steps in the process. "I appreciate the gesture of complimenting my apparel though, however the value is likely more than you will make this entire year, possibly in your entire lifetime especially with the lack of the brain you seem to have. And while I may look like a child, I am well into my 20s thank you very much and these clothes were brought with my own wealth. Much like the condo I own, the motorcycle I own, the cellphone I own. Hell, I own plenty of things come to think of it." The digression calmed Carden down enough to think logically. He let out a sigh and spoke on a more even level, "My name is Carden Adair, Senior Vice President of the famed Goldenrod Department Store. Now based on your slightly barbaric nature, you are going to follow me around aren't you? Might as well get your name while I am at it. No point in fighting an immovable object."

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
    <3

Ooc: I'm going to wing it, and see where this goes. >D Karl and Minnie are both solo, and since it seems that everyone else has buddyrooed off, i'm going to attempt this hookup. I have ambitions for a group of 3-4 though, so if anyone else is needing of travel partners, climb aboard. =)

Minnie tried to imagine that there was a spring to her step as she clambored wordlessly from the first-class ferry shuttling her from home, or what had been her permanent home up until this point at least, in the familiar, worn-down sister region to Johto, Kanto. A nervous frown twitched at the plump lips adorning her face, as self-consciously, she wondered about the Pokemon. No, not the wild Pokemon that might be classified as a starting-out trainer's numero uno concern, for their ruthless, vagabond natures, and constant zest for battle. Minnie had been affronted with countless of these creatures, some magnificent and few in population, while others common as the primitive weeds they dwelled in, but just as magnificent to Minnie as their rarer kin, but the Pokemon she had been promised, the one which would be bestowed on her immediately, in just a few paces, 'til death do them part.

Indecision clouding her ordinarily acute judgment, Minnie's wide eyes peeled open even further as she halted in her already Slugma-paced steps, giving Vince a meaningful stare.

"Shroom?" He questioned her nonchalantly, failing to catch the nervous gleam in his trainer's eyes. Minnie's shoulders dropped in the slightest, as wordlessly, she gathered the little Mushroom Pokemon up in her arms. With a grunt, Vince didn't bother to veil his awkwardness as he squirmed futilely against her affectionate embrace, momentary impatience flickering across his thick brow, until the caress of her sun-kissed cheek across the spores dotting the top of his head pulled the Shroomish into a comfortable lull, and he sighed in utter bliss.

Thirty seconds hadn't seemed to pass, before Vince was treading the air restlessly again, and this time, Minnie was forced to put the Pokemon down. He shook himself out with a disdainful snort, and impatience again flickering across his face, nudged his trainer into gear.

Nothing like a kick in the rear for a little motivation. Minnie thought finally, the usual muddled cloudiness of her brain giving way to coherent thought. Don't get her wrong, she wasn't usually prone to long, rambling drawls of thought the likes of which had been plaguing her today, she just felt overpowered by the atmosphere of glumness that had trailed after her since the yesterday eve, where, after an unbroken and enchanted spell spiraling sixteen years around the duo, Minnie hadn't been from the side of her best friend and partner Kenji for more than ten minutes, fifteen at the most. It had only been a couple hours' travel from Kanto to this destination, New Bark town, but Minnie was missing him sorely already.

Misery loves company, huh? She thought apprehensively, gaze hardening and fists balling up as she tried to cover her moment of emotional vulnerability with outward intimidation. The fact that only a couple Pidgey were tittering about, a welcome 'Kanto' sight, made no difference, Minnie seemed to be fronting for Arceus himself. Sighing and trudging along, she cursed herself for having so many doubts about this new adventure. Sure, Kenji wouldn't be along fror the ride, but it was better off this way, wasn't it? With the duo attached firmly and freakishly at the hip like Siamese Twins, while, had made for an interesting, and even charming little success story in the local papers of Kanto, hadn't done good for their individuality. Having grown up together, it was inevitable that they would posess many of the same personality traits, Quirk one: Their shared stubborness. Quirk two: Their intense to the point of over the top competitiveness in battling, and Quirk number three, and this was what Minnie had detested the most about them, their predictability. While formerly, when the pair had first begun to try their hands at battling, just two kids, she had been able to pull the wool over his eyes with ease, but now, as he had raised every Pokemon she had ever owned alongside her, shared in her delight when she discovered that one of her partners had developed a new move, had even assisted her in catching some of these Pokemon shamefully enough, and even worse, knew their innermost weaknesses.

The time apart would do them some good. Yet, despite this reasoning, Minnie still found it a bittersweet parting. More bitter than sweet, really. Actually.. She paused, contemplating.. Where's the sweet in this situation again? Minnie still hadn't spoken a word to Vince, and as irritable from the long boat ride as he had been, his naturally harsh facial features were softening, yielding to signs of tenderness and worry. He had only been sulking earlier when Minnie had tried to snuggle him, and feigning masculine irritation, as if giving in to his moody trainer would somehow lessen him.

"Shroom.." He muttered begrudgingly, and as Minnie perked up, acute to the only familiar living thing she had been granted to bring with her, and as the little Mushroom Pokemon spoke to her directly for the first time all day, she lit up in instantaneous delight. If there was one thing Minnie cherished as much as her best friend, it was raising and battling Pokemon. She had boasted quite a team before she had been drafted for this new adventure, though few in number for a competitive battling team, harnessing all the power, if not more, than some of Giovanni's Pokemon. All but Vince. Being the newest and least experienced Pokemon on Minnie's team had nothing to do with her near-impossible selection of which Pokemon to take with her, and which to leave behind with Kenji. It had been an emotional capture for Minnie, though it technically couldn't be classified as a "capture", as Vince had chosen Minnie of his own accord.

"What is it, Vince?" Minnie murmured dumbly, as if in a trance, failing to notice that rambunctious weeds and scrappy-looking Pidgey had given way to sidewalks, and pavement, and the persistent theme of dirt paths snaking through small towns. It was on one of these that Minnie started down, checking for the umpteenth time the letter she had been sentfor the address. Doubtfully, her eyes scanned the Laboratory she had been summoned to. She stood still some distance away, and noticed with a sinking feeling, that the other trainers, most of them having arrived hours earlier, were all already scuttling off, laughing boisterously, Pokedexes slung carelessly into knapsacks, new Pokemon like eager puppies bounding at their sides. It was then, like a light at the end of the tunnel, that Minnie allowed her overcast mood to dispel, and, breaking it up into harmless clouds, was a sunny smile, that, had any of the narrow-minded trainers been paying attention, could have lighted up all of New Bark Town.

"This is it, Vince. " Minnie announced with some finality, pale irises shifting nervously down to exchange a jittery glance with the Shroomish at her ankles. He grunted, in what was an indecipherable response. While Minnie's hands shook like a nervous parent's, Vince seemed unfazed by all the commotion, a tune in his step as he danced along contentedly beside Minnie. Due to the Shroomish's squat size, he looked more like a bumbling Oompa-Loompa than a chipper Pokemon. She wrung her hands in a common gesture of nervousness for her, and though she could see the silhouette of Professor Willow tapping her leathered foot impatiently against the decorative cobblestone spiraling their way up to the Lab entrance, Minnie, in an effort to retain her cool and calculative demeanor, kept up her sluggish pace, sizing the older woman up as she was sure Willow was sizing her up, feeling a bit flustered by the automatic appraisal.

Again feeling the need for phyiscal intervention, Minnie shifted her arms so that they offered her leverage in moving, while at the same time showing them off to the other woman. Muscles pruned and sculped to perfection lined her biceps, and while they weren't extraordinarily hulk-like, or even bulky, were shaped enough to where Minnie was remotely satisfied gave off the first impression she wanted Willow to get of her.

Minnie wouldn't tolerate being thought of as "Oh, just another girly trainer meandering around to collect like Pokepets for her fruity Coordinator contests." Minnie hoped more than anything that Willow recognized her potential as a prime candidate for a Pokemon Master, or a great trainer at least, and wouldn't saddled her down with some cutsie Pokemon on the pretense of being strong. Like Pachirisu. Don't get her wrong, Minnie loved coddling cute Pokemon as much as the next girl, but this new team, this Johto team, would have to be more practical than her odd menagerie of misfit Pokemon in the Kanto region. She wasn't just moseying around getting badges under her belt this time. No, this time, she wanted to prove boss at this unpredictible game of battling, and to be a key player, she would need to be contending with at least a mediocre Pokemon, aptitude-wise.

The last few steps between Minne and Willow were finalized, and Minnie came to an abrupt and sheepish stop, at a loss for words, until Willow, a hint of unwavering patience, and just a note of tolerance gave the girl a once-over once again.

"Minnie Jolicouer, right?" She verified, glasses sliding down the bridge of her very narrow nose as instinctively, she pushed them back up to her eyes.

"That's me." Minnie responded absent-mindedly, wishing she could fast forward all the formalities and small talk so she could meet her first Pokemon. Er.. Her starter Pokemon. It was easy to forget about Vince, looming quietly, like a miniature tornado, down at her heels. She grimaced to see that he was shooting Professor Willow an unappreciative glare, Professor Willow, who had invited them to this land, who was giving them one of the rarest technologies in creation, for free! Not to mention a new Pokemon. Though, depending on unstability regarding change, Minnie understood why he wouldn't be thankful for that. It hadn't been so long since the capture, and he had yet to warm to a single soul besides Minnie.

"Vince, come on." Minnie whispered urgently, trying to add emphasis, but wimping out when Vince cast stormy eyes on her instead. He had been relatively at ease mere seconds ago, but the reminder of why they were here had seemed to set him into a hissy fit. Professor Willow pretended not to listen in on their conversation as her long Ponytail swayed back and forth, in time with her footsteps.

"She's giving us our new, and maybe only comrade on this adventure, and if you don't make nice, may decide just to keep you here and experiment on you instead. She may be a Researcher, but I bet she's a mad Scientist at heart." Minnie whispered spitefully, meaning to get a chuckle out of Vince, and being rewarded with an exasperated frown from Professor Willow at the same time as a hint of a smile from Vince. He, however, seemed more amused that his antics had gotten her into the Doghouse. The hall was endless, or so it seemed to Minnie, and she didn't recall the Laboratory being so big from the outside. Most of the doors were locked, harboring precious research without doubt, but every now and again one would be ajar, revealing a Scientist studying a Pokemon, or a room filled with several incubators of Pokemon eggs. Minne wondered dreamily to herself if her Pokemon had been hatched in one of these eggs, or it had been recruited from one untamed little nook of a region that she would never experience. As many Pokemon as she had been raised up around on the Ranch, Minnie didn't doubt that there were a good number for her to still gander at.

Finally, Willow's willowy figure vanished into a vast, cavernous space, and Minnie, unsure whether to follow or not, wavered uncertainly on the outside. Vince raised an eyebrow up at her, to which Minnie just shrugged, biting the ends of her nails.

"Are you coming in or not?" Willow shouted finally, to which Minnie and Vince crept in, both feeling simultaneous uncomfort at all the steel and hard, cold, shiny plastic making up the lab. It was obvious that they were both much more at ease in the outdoors, where an easy getaway could be made, as opposed to cornered in a room with a woman that the both of them barely knew. Minnie searched around for common grounds to make small talk with the woman on, but was disgruntled to find that, despite this being a Pokemon laboratory, unlike Professor Oak's Lab, which was susceptible to Diglett popping up spontaneously, being bear-hugged by a Muk, or having Tea Sandwhiches across from a Kingler, not a single Pokemon roamed the halls unsupervised, and in fact, were handled in balls. This made Vince even more anxious than what he had been upon entering the Lab. Finally, she stood as near to the doorframe as possible, clinging to the one shred of the natural worl she could see, the sliver struggling through the single window at the end of the hallway Minnie and Vince had just traversed, flashing Professor Willow her most enthusiastic smile. From her morose look, Professor Willow knew better than to question the whereabouts of her battling partner, Kenji. Her less than eager attitude was understandable. She had arrived a day late, partnerless at that, and now, the usual zest and vigor shining ever-eminently in her easygoing personality was absent, replaced by nervousness, and paranoia. It was obvious she was unaccustomed to being alone.

Smiling genuinely, Professor Willow, knowing that there were few words to describe this moment, the moment that every trainer, nine or twenty nine, male or female, anticipates in their life, that the Pokeball is transferred, an Olympic torch, from Professor to rising young trainer. Minnie flushed, excitement mounting despite her earlier pledge not to let it. She just couldn't help it. The last time she had been given a Pokemon, it had only been to get her out of somebody's hair. But this little guy, or girl, Minnie reminded herself, was hers, she had earned it. And so, nails digging into the palms of her hands, she fingered the sensor of the front of the ball delightedly, holding her breath as a short, squat little silhouette emerged on all fours. It took but a moment for the blinding white light to disperse, and an organic creature to emerge in its place. Mouth agape, and sporting just two sharp little canines, the Pokemon stared indignantly up at Minnie.

"Bulb." It announced its presence simply, maroon irises locked on Minnie's China blue ones, and to Vince's obvious dismay, it was love at first sight between the two.

"Bulbasaur!" The creature stated proudly, waddling over to Minnie, and dropping to its haunches, to catch her in its magnetic stare once more.

"What do you think?" Professor Willow pressed, discreetly slipping a velvet bag containing several Pokeballs, and a Pastel pink device into her callused hand.

"I think.. I think I feel like i'm home for the first time." Minnie responded honestly, relieved to find a toothy grin spilling out across her face after she swallowed the emotional lump that had arisen. Bulbasaur hadn't been one of the Pokemon she had used personally in the Kanto region, but as a trainer aspiring to defeat every gym, and eventually compete in the Indigo League, she had battled with them frequently, as up and coming young trainers, like she had been, had used Bulbasaurs much like this one. The only difference in this Bulbasaur seemed to be a Mint-colored birthmark on her right cheek, resembling Angel wings, or butterfly wings, or maybe even two halves of a heart.. Something like that. It wasn't this deviance that attracted Minnie to her new Pokemon counterpart, however. It was the startling, hynotizing clarity in the Bulbasaur's strange eyes.

"She's female, which is rare for some reason for a starter to be. I had her reserved especially for you, Minnie. I thought.. I thought you might be a little homesick, and miss your own Pokemon, so here's, at the very least, your own little slice of Kanto."

It was then that the Professor and teenage girl both developed an automatic understanding of the other, and Minnie burst out in a smiling beam of gratitude, tears streaking her weathered cheeks. It was unusual for her to cry, or cave in about anything, but this really meant something to her.

"Bulba." The Bulbasaur stated, seeming to host the same proud independence her trainer boasted, refusing to come outright and cuddle up in Minnie's arms, but questioning her well-being at the same time in a genuine expression of concern.

"Don't worry about me, Rave. I'm just really glad to meet you." Minnie assured the Bulbasaur without thinking, then immediately flushing, and thinking back to what she had just called the Bulbasaur. Rave? The radiant eyes of the Bulb Pokemon had been the first thing to catch Minnie's attention, disorienting her, a twin replica of a Strobe light that you might find at a Rave.

"Did you say she?" Minnie inquired delightedly. She wouldn't have had a qualm even if Professor Willow had been a little confused about the Bulbasaur's gender, but knowing that she had a female ally in her arsenal made Minnie a little extra giddy. Professor Willow nodded carefully, stepping back to let girl and Pokemon meet each other's acquaintence. The Cheshire grin on her face was outshone thricefold by Minnie, who was on all fours in unintentional mimic of the Bulbasaur, who bounded boldly over to the girl.

"Bulba!" Rave exclaimed again, after flashing a bemused grin her new trainer's way, and alloting her a quick burst of affection by headbutting her arm, she then moved over to Vince, who still stood sulkily some distance away from Rave. Minnie ushered him forth, though, and after a few tentative sniffs, Vince tossed in his own nod of approval, to the delight of Minnie, and to the discord of Rave. She seemed to resent that Vince was the dominant Pokemon of Minnie's, and that she was on the lower end of the food chain. Typical to a Bulbasaur's nature, she brandished that same competitive edge as Minnie.

"Mhm." Professor Willow responded gleefully.

"I must warn you, that this Pokemon is among the most hard-headed that I recruited for this go around. She's proved herself to be ostentacious, and downright mouthy at times, even announcing her refusal to fight the way you tell her to fight. If you want, I could.."

"That won't be necessary." Minnie decided firmly, not even letting Willow finish her sentence. She cradled Rave protectively against her chest, who in turn, glanced smugly down at Vince. Vince bristled, but as Minnie glanced down at him, immediately tuned his outrage into an ecstatic wave. Professor Willow shook her head, replacing the alternate Pokeball labeled "Buneary" back into the indentured display Rave's Pokeball had been extracted from, and instead motioned that she was through with Minnie Jolicouer.

"Somehow, I knew you would say that.." She remarked after her, chestnut eyes shining as she noticed the girl set fearlessly off, down way of Route 29, where many of the other trainers had gone. If she linked up with a partner, which Willow didn't doubt she would, as a double lifestyle is how Minnie retained her seniority, he or she couldn't be of the faint of heart, and would need a willpower as iron as this girl's to even hope to match her.

Ooc: Sola, next post, toward the end of it, after i've let Minnie get acquainted with Rave, check out her Pokedex, etc etc, i'll have her notice Karl at the very end. =)

Years
    "Rations, pokéballs, pokégear, potions, antidotes..." Elian muttered to himself softly as he double-checked the items in his bag. "Alright...this should be enough to get us to the next town." Elian rose and glanced over toward the crowd of trainers, noting that it seemed to have gotten smaller. Evidently some of the other trainers had decided to forgo traveling with a partner and had gone off on their own; he had expected to be the first one to leave, but he didn't mind too much--as long as he got out of here before the main rush of travelers, he was fine. He just didn't want the road to be too crowded on this journey.

He glanced down at Timber, who had risen when he did and was waiting patiently at his side. "Alright. Time to go," he said gruffly as he turned and headed toward the west, where the map on his Pokégear said that the next town was. The Growlithe, ever the obedient one, followed by his side, not reacting at all to the roughness in his voice. Usually Elian would have been a little more affectionate and personable to his most loyal friend, but in the presence of so many other trainers he thought it best to keep his aloof image intact in their minds to discourage potential traveling companions. After all, people were likely to imagine that he would interact similarly with people as he did with Pokémon, and that just wasn't the case at all. Timber had been with him long enough to expect this whenever there were other people around, and so he didn't even flinch nowadays when Elian was a little harsher than usual.

They would pass quickly out of the tiny New Bark Town, quickly making it into the surrounding countryside. They walked along in silence for a while; not an unusual event by any means during Elian's travels, as he enjoyed the peace and sense of freedom that came from being out away from civilization. The crisp morning air seemed to do wonders for the Pokémon trainer; his head raised higher as he got away from the stresses of potential human contact, his facial expression morphed into something that was almost pleasant, and his gait became much more relaxed. Beside him, Timber seemed much more energetic and adventurous; as the town faded from sight behind them, Timber began glancing around curiously and finally broke from Elian's side, running to and fro and exploring like the playful puppy he was. Elian watched him, almost breaking into a smile as his friend took in the new experience. This was a good start to their journey, he thought; the road was clear, the weather was perfect for traveling, and they had the full day ahead of them--he had always preferred to get an early start when he was traveling. Overall, the entire area exuded an atmosphere of peace and calm.

Or, at least, it did for a while. Suddenly, as he continued along the path, Elian heard a commotion from up ahead, and as he moved farther down the path the source of the noise became clear. A tall, dark girl was directing a Buizel in battle with (Elian presumed) a wild Pidgey. As he walked, Elian watched seemingly disinterestedly as the battle unfolded, but in reality he was a little impressed with the way she handled her Pokémon. It was obvious she had some experience with the subject as her commands were confident and effective, and she issued them without hesitation. Someone to look out for, to be sure...but for now, she was in the path that he was taking, and he instinctively began to veer away toward the north, away from the girl even as she threw the Poké ball to capture the bird Pokémon. With any luck, she would either not notice him or would leave him alone; after all, why would she care to interrupt another traveler on his journey, especially when that other traveler shows no interest in being social?

He continued heading northward, and if the girl noticed him or said anything, he did not notice. After a while, he glanced back to see that the path--and the girl--was out of sight, and only then did he give a little frown. He should have known that the main path to the next town would be occupied by other trainers; it was inconvenient, but unless he wanted to have to deal with other random Pokémon trainers the entire way it was best if he stayed off the main trail and made his own way to Cherrygrove City. It wasn't like he hadn't pioneered his own way before through the wilderness, and it would actually probably be faster as he wouldn't have to deal with the distractions of other people. Checking his Pokégear to make sure he wasn't going to far, he turned to head a little farther north...when he spied another Pidgey in the grass up ahead.

The little bird Pokémon did not see him, so he could get the drop on it. Timber could run up and pounce on it, hit it with a little Flamethrower, and it would be an easy capture. Elian toyed with the idea for a moment, and then allowed the Pidgey to fly away. While he understood the value of having multiple Pokémon, a Pidgey was just not what he was looking for; he had trained one during his journies in Kanto, and while it was not part of his main team that he used at the Pokémon league, he had used it enough that it had evolved all the way to Pidgeot form. He doubted very much that it would be pleased to know that Elian had left him behind only to train a different Pidgey in this new region.

No...Elian was looking for something a little more...unique. He could find Pidgey all over in Kanto, and he wanted to start this journey off with something that represented Johto a little better. He did, however, want to capture a Pokémon before he made it to the next town, because the sooner he started training it, the better.

Elian and Timber headed north for a little while longer, then turned toward the west once again; both of them kept their senses alert and their eyes peeled for anything unusual; this was, after all, a new region for them, and who knew what sorts of wild Pokémon awaited them here. For a while it appeared that the answer to that question was none, as they traveled on for at least an hour without seeing anything apart from the occasional Pidgey, and Elian grew a little disappointed. Was this land devoid of any new Pokémon of its own? Why then had he come here?

The thought had no sooner crossed his mind than Timber's ears perked up and he began to look around cautiously. Elian watched him with interest; he had seen Timber act like this many times before, and it always meant that the Growlithe's keen senses had picked up on another wild Pokémon. Timber slunk forward softly, his body lowering closer to the ground and his ears raised to the sky, then, without warning, he pounced, crossing through some bushes to the other side.

Elian quickly followed through the bushes himself to find Timber confronting a small, blue Pokémon with a long nose. He quickly brought out the Pokédex and directed it at the unfamiliar Pokémon.

Phanpy. The Long Nose Pokémon. Despite being a Ground Pokémon, they thoroughly enjoy the water. Phanpy uses its long nose to shower itself. When others gather around, they thoroughly douse each other with water. These Pokémon can be seen drying their soaking-wet bodies at the edge of water, although they can oftentimes be seen around mountainous regions, as well.

Interesting, Elian thought. This Phanpy was not entirely out of place, as while there was no water around the terrain was quite rocky, but it still sent a thrill through his body as he realized he had encountered his first new Pokémon in the wild in the Johto region--and this one certainly seemed to be worth going out of his way. "Hold off, Timber!" he shouted, and the Growlithe looked at him quizzically. "I think it's time to get acquainted with the newest member of our team," Elian explained as he removed a Poké Ball from his belt and casually opened it. A flood of white light appeared and coalesced into the shape of a small, reptilian form. The Totodile glanced up at Elian as though it were measuring him, trying to find out if he was worthy of being obeyed, while the Phanpy, cornered as it was by Timber and Totodile, looked on as though wondering what the strangers were planning on doing.

Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon. Totodile have a powerful set of jaws for a Pokémon its size. Just a playful nip can be painful, and they have a habit of biting everything they see, making it unwise to turn your back on one unless it is well-trained. They also tend to be playful but also competitive and will relish a challenge.

Perfect, Elian thought as the Pokédex spoke. While the biting of everything in sight part of the description was a little worrisome, the competitive nature was exactly what Elian was looking for in a Pokémon, and that trait in a Pokémon made it relatively easy to train. He met the Totodile's eyes confidently and said, "Alright, Totodile, nice to meet you. I'm Elian, and I've got a bit of a challenge for you. That Phanpy over there is a strong Pokémon; think you're tough enough to handle it?"

The confusion in Totodile's eyes faded into a predatory glint, and it seemed to accept Elian's confidence and his challenge as it turned to face the Phanpy. Timber sat down, a knowing look in his eye; he had seen Elian handle dozens of new Pokémon in a similar manner, and he was content to watch as Elian allowed a different Pokémon a shot at a battle. The Phanpy, meanwhile, had finally figured out Elian's intent, and, in the absence of a means to escape, it narrowed its eyes, ready to fight its way out. Elian smiled and folded his arms, ready to direct the battle. He wasn't sure what Totodile's moves were, but he had a pretty good idea of some of them; the Pokédex had mentioned the penchant of Totodile to bite everything that came nearby, and the professor had said it was a Water-type. That was all he needed for now.

"Alright, Totodile, let's start this off with a Water Gun attack!" It was purely a testing move; the Pokédex had mentioned Phanpy's love of water and he didn't expect this attack to do much damage, but it would give Elian a good gauge of both Totodile's strength and Phanpy's toughness. Totodile obliged by opening its toothy mouth and firing off a powerful stream of water, catching the Phanpy full-on and sending it flying back into the rocks behind it.

The ground Pokémon sprang to its feet; it was damaged, but it wasn't about to give in without a fight. A good sign, Elian thought; although it would make this battle a little tougher, it was promising that the small Pokémon showed a determination and a readiness to give its all. Without warning, it charged forward, a powerful Tackle attack that sent Totodile flying back.

Neither Pokémon was willing to give in just yet, though, and they stared each other down. Phanpy charged again, but this time Totodile was ready and it vaulted into the air just before Phanpy passed through, then twisted and raked its claws down in a Scratch attack across Phanpy's back. Phanpy was caught by surprise, but its skin appeared tough enough to take the hit. "That's the way, Totodile! Now, catch it from behind! Bite attack!" Totodile rushed ahead on all fours, hitting Phanpy just as it was turning around to make another pass. The powerful jaws clamped down on Phanpy's tough skin, but this time, Totodile seemed to have the advantage, as Phanpy shuddered in pain and began to run, dragging Totodile around and trying to shake it off. Totodile wasn't about to give up, though, and it clung onto Phanpy's side without much difficulty...at least until Phanpy ran towards the rocks, clearly intending to brush the Water-type off by banging it against the side of the stones.

At the last instant, Elian cried, "Alright, Totodile, jump off now, and hit it with your Water Gun!" Totodile immediately obeyed, pushing off from the elephant Pokémon just before he would have hit the rocks and unleashing a powerful jet of water that nailed the Ground-type, sending it into the rocks once more. The Phanpy struggled to get up, but couldn't manage it, and it lay there on the ground, panting from exhaustion. "Great work, Totodile," Elian called, as he pulled an empty Poké Ball from his belt and tossed it at the wild Pokémon.

The ball hit the Phanpy and gathered it inside of itself in a burst of red light, and it lay on the ground and began to shake. Elian and his two Pokémon watched it closely, ready for any signs that the wild Pokémon was not yet done fighting.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Anthony completely ignored the grunts and puffs coming from the small man as he spoke to him. As such, he was taken completely by surprised when the socky dude showed him backwards. Anthony was thrown of balance and got himself a couple of small cuts on his palm as he stried to soften his fall. Now, as he stood up, he just stared at the man standing there, yelling at Anthony as if he had gravely insulted his mother or something. Damned dirty ape? Well, he isn't the first one comparing me to a monkey, Anthony thought cheerfully. Nothing wrong with that. But then the dude started flailing his arms as he were going to clobber Anthony down. What he said was rather disturbing too. He seemed to have some sort of mental complex with his small height, since he exploded as soon as someone mentioned it. Even a guy with as little common sense as Anthony managed to figure out that he would do best not mentioning it anymore. He simply closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable punch. At least I'm getting a beating from a nice guy, he comforted himself as he waited for the stocky guy's fist. But it did not come. Instead Mr. Stocky seemed to calm down and introduced himself as Carden Adair, Vice president at the Goldenrod Department Store. The man was a rich businessman! With expensive things bought by his own efforts! Incredible. It just had to be his lucky day.

"Now based on your slightly barbaric nature, you are going to follow me around aren't you?", the guy said with contempt. Someone else had probably taken it as an insult. But not Anthony. He took it as an invitation.

"Wow, really?" he cried and jumped up and down in excitement. "Of course I'd like to travel with you! Wow. Just wow. I knew you was something special when I saw you, Mr. Stock- sorry, Mr. Aflair. Vice President at the famed Goldenrod Department Store, huh? Now THAT is something reaaaaly impressive! And you want to travel with me? Wow, Mr. Agair! You're really great!" He danced around Adair and almost gave him a hug. "My name is Anthony Highgate. Most people just call me Ant. I thought it was because i love hard teamwork, but it turns out it was all because I annoy people and keeps showing up everywhere!"

Coming to think of something, he pulled out his two Pokéballs. "So, what kind of Pokémon are you raising? Watch mine" Anthony released the Meditite and the Corphish. Grinning happily, he said:

"Not bad huh? This is Calvin and Melvin! So, what have you got, Mr. Amair?"

Last edited:
    Years
    OOC: Sorry for not posting a little sooner. Been a little busy with school and just now finally got to slap something together. Nothing much, but at least it's something. :)

"This may be a waste of time guys," Luke said to his two companions. They had been sitting outside of the lab for a couple of hours now only to watch trainers leave on their own or partner up with others. It was kind of depressing really. "I guess it would be better to just go ahead and start out alone. I've done it before so it won't be that difficult for me." With that, the trainer grunted and got to his feet. The two pokémon with him watched as he stretched, sighed and then picked up his bag.

Opening the backpack, Luke ran off a quick checklist of his items. It would be better to buy what he needed here first than need it while he's in the middle of the route to the next town. Everything appeared to be just fine. He had enough food to last him and his team a few days, his electronic map of the regions, a spare outfit, and his pokédex. "I think we're good."

Luke pulled out the map and touched the screen making a bright white light flash and then an image of the world. He pressed on the large area of land labeled "Johto" and then New Bark Town. "Don't know why I use this. I pretty much know all of Johto," the trainer mumbled. He scanned the map, looking to see the route he needed to start on. "Route 29. It'll lead us strait to Cherrygrove City. There we can restock if we need to and get some better rest at the Pokémon Center."

He double tapped the screen to turn it off and the slipped it back into the pack. "Let's go guys. I want to see if we can get a couple of training fights in before Cherrygrove." He smiled to his new Magby. "I think your personality will fit our battle style very well. I want to make sure you get used to me first." The Magby smiled also and gave another burst of flames into the air, making Luke chuckle. "Glad to see you have a fighting spirit. Now let's head out."

Luke didn't really believe in making pokémon stay in their balls all the time. By being outside he got to know them and they got to know him. Win-win in his opinion. The three began to head to the west of New Bark Town. They passed several trainers along the way. Most off them were conversing with other trainers or planning out their routes. Luke glanced enviously at the groups, hoping that he'd be able to partner up with some trainer along the way to the next town. To take his mind off the subject, he pulled out the pokédex in his bag to see what pokémon were available on this route.

"Wow, not much variety. Seems to mostly consist of common pokémon like Pidgey or Rattata. Not much fun in that. Maybe we will run across some luck and find a more uncommon pokémon." The three finally came to the sign indicating the route. Behind it was a path leading into what looked like a forestry, mountain like area. Looks like nights are going to be cold and extremely dark. Good thing Magby could light a fire because Luke had no other way of setting one up.

Ahead of the group were a bunch of trainers already starting to capture pokémon. The funny thought of all of these unsuspecting Pidgeys getting attacked out of nowhere made Luke chuckle a little bit. "They must get worried at first when they see the large groups enter the forest at once." The three kept walking, each scanning the area for something out of the ordinary to catch. It just didn't seem fun to go the unoriginal route and pick up your basic Sentret or Hoppip.

To his surprise, Luke finally caught a glimpse at something new. Out of the corner of his eye he had spotted a weird shaped tail go up one of the trees. "I think we found something guys." Luke walked over to the tree to look up into the enormous branches. On one he could see a purple monkey eating some kind of berry. "We need to knock in down first guys. Hera, why don't you go ahead and start ramming the tree. I think if you hit it hard enough you can knock the pokémon down."

The Heracross looked at the tree and then back to his trainer. Nodding, the pokémon backed up a little and then ran at the tree, slamming it with his huge horn. The tree shook a lot and Luke could hear the pokémon give out a cry as it was shocked by the sudden impact. "A couple more times Hera." The pokémon repeated this step a couple of times until the purple monkey fell out of the tree, hitting the ground hard.

"Let's check it out real quick." The pokédex was pointed at the fallen pokémon and said:

Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. It is highly dependent on hit's hand like tail. Along with feeding itself and hanging from branches, the tail is heavily used in combat.

"Finally, something different than the standards." Luke glanced over to Magby and then to Hera. "Okay, watch me and Hera to this battle real quick. Should be over in a flash." Heracross stepped out in front of Luke and waited as the Aipom got to its feet and turned its attention to the new opponent. "Quickly Hera, Brick Break!" Heracross dashed to the monkey like pokémon and smashed it with the side of his hand. The Aipom cried out and slapped Hera across the face twice.

"Catch the tail before he manages to slap you again Hera." Before the tail could come around again to pop the bug again, Hera ducked and grabbed hold of the hand. "Good, now close range Horn Attack!" The large horn attached to the head of Heracross was instantly jabbed into the chest of the Aipom a few times before Heracross gave up and let it go. The Aipom attempted to get up but on fell back down. "Time for the capture."

Luke snapped an empty pokéball off of his waist and tossed it at Aipom. The ball bounced off slightly and paused in mid-air for a couple of seconds, allowing for the pokémon to be sucked into its insides. The ball then fell to the ground and began shake. "Come on, stay in there."

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Thunderstorm Woes

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long. I've been tied up with other stuff.)

Sparse beams of sunlight filtering through the dense forest canopy alighted over Eri's eyes and slowly brought her back to the realm of wakefulness. Opening her eyes, Eri's vision was dominated by the sight of Pyrix's fur. Apparently she had rolled over in the night to wrap an arm around her sleeping Pokemon. Sensing her trainer's awakening, Pyrix opened her eyes and raised her head to lick Eri's face. "Nine!" she greeted.

Eri smiled groggily at her companion. "Good morning, Pyrix," she replied, but grimaced at how croaky and raspy her voice sounded. Sitting up, she cleared her throat and took a long swig of water from her bottle. "There, that's better. Hm? What's this?" It was then that she noticed a piece of paper weighted down with a rock next to the fire pit, along with some money and a bag of Pokemon food. Quirking an eyebrow curiously, Eri picked up the note and read it aloud so Pyrix could hear as well:

Dear Eri,
    I am so very sorry for what my Pidgey did.
    I just caught her, and she isn't accustomed to this life yet.
    I have left some money to pay for anything she broke/took.
    And a bag of special Ninetales food for your Ninetales.
    I again apologize.

Gabriella.
    AKA, the girl who knocked into you earlier today, with the black hair.

"Huh…that girl again," Eri mused out loud. "Guess I'm not the only one having issues with new Pokemon. At least Arod hasn't vandalized anyone yet." She glanced over at the bag of Pokemon food to find Pyrix sniffing it and wagging her tails in excitement.

"Nine nine!" Pyrix said, looking at Eri and then back to the food expectantly.

"Okay, I get it. I'll give you some for breakfast." Granted, she was a little suspicious giving Pyrix food that was from a stranger, but her Pokemon seemed to really enjoy it. After she, Pyrix, and Arod had eaten, she recalled Arod, pitched camp, and set off along the trail again with Pyrix at her side.

By early afternoon, the dense forest had given way to a more hilly terrain with more sparsely scattered trees. Eri took a deep breath and let the warmer air fill her lungs. "Ah, that's much better," she remarked contentedly. However, her joy at leaving the forest turned to concern as she noticed the thick, dark clouds starting to fill the sky and strong scent of moisture in the air. "Looks like we're going to be in for a summer thunderstorm. We should start looking for some shelter before it hits."

That plan failed miserably. Less than fifteen minutes later, the first peal of thunder rumbled through the sky, and a single raindrop landed on Eri's cheek. "Of all the rotten luck…" Eri growled under her breath. Two minutes later, the sky opened up, and the clouds released their bounty in sheets upon the parched earth. Now Eri was sprinting, though she had no destination in mind except to find anything, even a decent-sized tree, which could serve as a shelter. Pyrix ran silently at Eri's side, though her expression clearly portrayed her distaste for water.

Noticing her partner's silent distress, Eri reached for her Pokeball and expanded it. After all, there was no reason for both of them to be miserable. "You'll be dry in here. Pyrix, return!" She recalled Pyrix mid-stride and reattached the Pokeball to her belt without slowing her pace. The rain poured down harder until Eri could barely see where she was running and she was soaked to the skin.

Eri's breath was starting to come in strained gasps when she spotted a large gray mass in the distance. As she grew closer, she realized that it was a small cave hewn out of the rock, most likely an abandoned den for a Pokemon.

Eri wasted no time dashing into the cave just as a flash of lightning illuminated the dark sky. She bent over with her hands on her knees to catch her breath. 'Wow, I'm lucky I found this place.' Glancing around, she found no evidence that any Pokemon still lived here. Now that she was no longer running and pumped with adrenaline, her body caught up with the fact that she was wet and cold and shivered violently. She doubled over in a sudden coughing fit and slid to the ground with her back against the cave wall to keep from falling. She dug around in her backpack, which was also soaked, and pulled out her black leather jacket, which she draped around her shoulders. Still shaking, she fumbled around for Pyrix's Pokeball. "Pyrix, come out…" she croaked. The red light from the Pokeball coalesced into the shape of her Ninetales.

"Nine nine!" Pyrix cried, noticing her trainer's distress. She sat next to Eri and pressed her body as close to hers as possible to try and share her warmth. Eri wrapped her arms around Pyrix's neck and tried to stifle her coughing. She could feel the blood rushing to her head in the characteristic symptom of a fever, and, even with Pyrix trying to keep her temperature stable, she alternated between overheating and shivering. Pyrix had seen this all too many times as well. Neither of them could deny that Eri was sick. They just found it surprising that she came down with it so quickly, even in this warmer climate.

'This isn't good. Even with Pyrix, I'm still freezing. Maybe…' Eri pulled out her other Pokeball. "Arod, I need your help." The young Ponyta materialized in front of her with a snort. "Arod, come join us," Eri said weakly, patting the ground beside her. Arod cocked his head to one side, observing her curiously, and then noticed that Eri seemed to be unwell and cold. Nickering softly, he took a few steps forward but then abruptly shied away, as if he remembered that he still wasn't terribly fond of her. He stood at the other side of the cave and refused to meet her or Pyrix's gaze. Discouraged, Eri sighed, which then turned into another coughing fit.

After a few minutes, Eri was exhausted from coughing, and her eyelids started to droop. She shook her head, trying desperately to stay awake. 'No, I can't fall asleep now while I'm still soaked. My body temperature will drop too much, and then I would be in major trouble.' She propped one hand against the wall and staggered to her feet.

"Nine?" Pyrix asked.

"I just…need to move around," Eri replied, her voice barely above a whisper. Wrapping her arms around her torso in a feeble attempt to warm herself, she started pacing back and forth. 'Just keep moving…no matter what, I have to stay awake.' She could feel Pyrix and Arod's eyes watching her warily but ignored them. Instead, she focused on simply putting one foot in front of the other, as her vision grew more and more blurry.

Finally, her weakened body couldn't take it anymore. Her knees buckled, and the faint sounds of Pyrix's cry and a whinny were the last things she heard as her vision went black.

(OOC: Don't worry, I already have a plan to get her out of this predicament. That'll be in the next post ^_^)

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    OOC: You said we could try again, right? Well, since i'm pretty persistent when it comes to joining pwnsome RP's, so.... xD

lol I just noticed i never added a history to my last SU. :D

Name:
    Crystal Estrada

Personality:
    Crystal has three different personalities-mountaineer, everyday, and a battle.

Her mountaineer personality is determined, serious, and focused. She is the type of girl who never gives up no matter what. When climbing solo, she will take plenty of time to think her moves out carefully, think of every worse-case-scenario she could imagine for the situation and how to avoid them. When in a group and rushed, she does not think of every one of them, but only the most common or most likely. Crystal's first priority when climbing with company is her client's safety before her own. Being young, her groups are pretty small, usually ranging from 2-5 people due to her age, which doesn't bother her at all, but the funny thing is that they are all Pokemon. But she is sure to treat those who do join her with the up-most respect and care. Crystal enjoys climbing in groups and prefers to come prepared for a climb like most. She is brave and shows more leadership skill than most adults ever do in the course of their whole lifetime, especially in a climb. Crystal lives by only two rules on the mountain: 'Safety of your Pokemon clients first.' and 'Respect the mountain you are climbing, for it decides who makes it and who does not.'

Her everyday personality is more of a relaxed one, excluding her days when she feels devious and more like a dare-devil than anything else. She is kind and thinks before she acts. She has amazing self-control--but only most of the time. On some occasions her temper is as short as a piece of paper is thick. She thinks differently than most, thinking up outrageous but completely functional plans and ideas. When they do not work, she will usually go back to the drawing board and fix the flaws.

Crystal usually has defiance radiating from her like mad when facing one of her few enemies. She is unafraid of bullies and will gladly step up to defend someone who is being picked on, which shows that her brave, warm-hearted personality is no lie. Another way to say it is: 'She is the kind of girl who will pick you up when you stumble. She does not lack sportsmanship at all-in fact she is even graceful at losing, which she actually does a lot. This brings respect from other people upon her. Crystal isn't the one to fold under pressure, though-she holds fast and strong. When her beliefs are confronted, she will fight back and protect them, which usually causes trouble for her. She normally isn't a mischevious character though. Normally. When she feels devious she will be devious, though. She can be a dare-devil at times, and is usually willing to take risks. Crystal, when feeling smart-alecky, seems to always have something snappy to fling back at someone in an argument.

Crystal's battle personality is made up of strategic actions and plans. She loves the thrill of a battle at anytime unless someone's or something's life is at risk. You can see the gears in her mind turn and whirl when she's stuck in a sticky situation in battle. She is sure to always carry healing items in her bag-but only uses them when desperate, which is rarely. In a battle she is calm and takes time to think out her moves, usually enjoying luring the opponent into traps. Crystal likes to make them think they are winning and have the upper hand, but then she plays her ace and usually wipes them out. If she wins, she doesn't brags, and instead tells the opponent that it was a good battle and will only accept half of the winnings they wished to give. Even though many took advantage of this, Crystal still continues with the half rule.

If Crystal loses in a battle and the winner gloats, she ignores them completely, but will only give half of the supposed winnings, but follows the half rule here too if the winner brags.

Appearance:
    Crystal has clear circles with black outline on her sky blue kimono, which overlapped to form an exotic blue flower. That same flower dapples the rest of the Japanese garb, which had a barely distinguishable flap on it's side. Her eyes are a deep blue and even through the black of night they are still able to sparkle with a faint light. They are not a solid blue, though, instead they swirl with light colors such as emerald, more azure, and a hint of brown, but vary with her ever-changing mood. She is always barefoot, and her feet are in good shape nevertheless. Crystal's hair is a beautiful pure blonde, and it is silky and shiny, as well as clean. It is always up in a long bun. Catching her with her hair down is a rare occasion, but you could see that her hair stretches to mid-back.

History:
    Crystal was born in Snowpoint, Sinnoh. For reasons unknown to Crystal today she was an unwanted child, abandoned at the doorstep of a run-down orphanage. They took her in, but it was the opposite of clean, pleasant, and was no place to grow up in. She was able to grow intelligent and talented, though, by sneaking into a staff member's room and stealing books. She was the smartest one there, and the idiots who worked at the orphanage couldn't figure out why she could fix the leaky roof and squeaky door and they couldn't.

After eight years of all of this, Crystal was the only one who got up the nerve to protest to the cruel conditions, and fled-into the wilderness of the nearby forest. She took all extra clothes, blankets, and food she could carry to the snowy forest with her. She had gotten ahold of a few survival guides when she was younger, and had read them many times, remembering every tip and trick that she had learned. Crystal learned the ways of nature and became adapted to it-making friends with Pokemon.

There were only three Pokemon in that whole forest and town area that she formed a strong bond with-a Vulpix and Charmander (both whom she had been startled to find in Snowpoint, let alone in the region of Sinnoh unowned) and a Spheal. Since she could not afford a Poke Ball to capture them (even if she did, she would draw attetion to herself since she was indeed still a runaway), she befriended them enough to were they hardly ever left her side. After three years of hiding in the woods, she came out looking surpisingly beatuiful-apparently the harsh forest hadn't been able to keep her hair from being combed, even though it was outrageously long (twigs worked amazingly well for that kind of stuff). Even though her clothes were in tatters, she walked with her head high.

Crystal had enough Poke saved up to buy a brand new kimono, sandals, and Poke Balls. She had found a Ninetales pin during her stay in the forest (was probably dropped by a hiker, just like the Poke was dropped by tourists), and used that to pin her hair up.

Crystal began her own journey as a trainer, deafeating at least seven out of eight Gym Leaders with her three Pokemon befoire being recognized by Professor Willow, who was visiting Sinnoh. Crystal chose to take her shiny Ninetales, storing the other two Pokemon in her box sorrowfully.

Pokémon:
    Silverwind-
    Silverwind is Crystal's shiny Ninetales. She loves her owner dearly and has an unbelieveably strong bond with her, being her first Pokemon. She is kind like her owner and a master at healing.

Pokémon Registration:
    Hoenn, Water/Ice (Pokemon is that type)

Post Sample:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Heart & Soul

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Gabby awoke with a start, cold and wet. "Holy -!" she cried, her sentence unfinished because of her rage. She scrambled out of her sleeping bag and into the cold rain, still in her short shorts and tank top PJs. The cold rain was pouring down, soaking her even more. Her tent was completely soaked. The only thing that wasn't was her backpack, thank the Lord.

"Ok. Looks like Im traveling in my PJ's today. Won't do any good to change." Gabby sighed to herself, starting to take apart her tent. As soon as she was done, she pulled on a baseball hat and her high black boots and started to walk in the general direction of Cherrygrove. Then she remembered her Buizel, who would love the rain.

"Come on out, Rose." Gabby called out her Buizel. Rose appeared in a flash of red light and had a very confused look on her face. It quickly melted away into glee when she felt the rain.

"Bui! Buizel!" Rose cried, estactic to be out in the rain. She began to dance around, catching raindrops in her mouth and splashing around in the deep puddles.

Gabby continued on down the muddy road, watching Pidgey and Spearow flying like crazy for cover, Ratatta cowarding under bushes, and even Politoad and Poliwags dancing around like Rose. GAbby laughed, but her laugher was quickly shorted by a coughing sound coming over the rain. Gabby stopped and listened for a minute, but it didn't happen again. She brushed it off as the rain or a Pokemon that got caught in the rain.

"Hey Wing, come out!" Gabby called out her Pidgey suddenly. Wing appeared annoyed to be out in the rain, but she turned her attension to Gabby. "Wing, see how far we are from the next town, please." Gabby asked her Pidgey. Wing nodded and flew up into the air. She camp back shortly.

"Pidg. Pidgey." Wing crowed, Gabby took it as that the town was not very far away.

"Ok, thanks so much. Return." Gabby said, recalling her Pidgey. Gabby continued down the road, feeling bad for any other trainers that got caught in the rain, espescially any fire-types. Gabby suddenly had a thought about the girl who she had knocked into the day before, and her Ninetails and Ponyta. She worried, her camp hadn't been too far from Gabby's, and there was no sign of her. Gabby stopped. She could see the top of one building.

"OK, lets stop here and eat. Theres a little pavilion we can eat under." Gabby told the still-dancing Rose. She stopped and nodded. Rose started to follow Gabby into the dry pavilion. Gabby sat at a wooden table, calling out her other two Pokemon. "Ok, guys. We're gonna eat here before we enter Cherrygrove." Gabby announced, pulling a box of Pidgey, Poochyena, and Buizel Pokemon food and bowls out of her backpack. She set a bowl of food in front of each Pokemon, and they began to eat. Gabby wasn't hungry yet, so she just watched her Pokemon eat.

They were soon finished and they sat back and relaxed. Rose was back out into the rain, and Alice was on Gabby's lap, getting brushed. Wing was taking as nap. GAbby sat back and watched the rain fall.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    The introduction proved to be his downfall. The child introduced himself as Anthony Highgate and was incredibly happy that he met Carden for some strange reason. Was it the fact he was rich? Possibly. Was it the fact he was "nice"? Impossible. Was it the fact Carden was human? Probably, since just about anything makes him happy. Admist, the boy's cheering he mispronounced Carden's name several times. Agair? Amair? Any variation of the name ADair was said. An unnecessary anecdote was thrown in explaining the origins of his nickname followed an almost hug, which Anthony proved to be more intelligent in that he stopped himself form performing the action. Carden muttered "Thank you...." after Anthony stopped himself, releasing a sigh of relief afterwards his first display of appreciation for the month. Before Carden could reply to Anthony's sudden rush of energy, he tossed out two Pokeballs, each one containing a small Pokemon. Carden was surprised the man could comprehend how to use Pokeballs to begin with, considering it seemed he had the mental capabilities of a small boy raised in the mountains until he was about 12 by his senile grandfather and was then pulled out by a lone woman who dared to try to raise him. The Pokemon were Meditite and Corphish with the names Calvin and Melvin. Terrible nicknames.... Anthony was proud of his Pokemon judging by his smile but also desired to know what Carden was trying to raise himself.

"First off boy. The name is Carden Adair. Emphasis on the D. But for the sake of my declining sanity, call me Carden. Second, refrain from looking like a complete moron. It is embarrassing to be around you." He was clearly annoyed. His tone was rash and demanding, his facial features all hinted towards pure rage. Anthony was striking another pet peeve: His name. "Now lastly to answer your question, here are my Pokemon. On the ground here," Carden stated pointing towards the small fire monkey, "is Chimchar, my newest acquisition." Carden grabbed a lone Ultra Ball from his belt. "In here is a rare novelty from my homeland of Hoenn." Carden dropped the ball, and in a blinding white light arose his first Pokemon. "This is Absol. He doesn't like anyone but me, so don't try to be friends with him." Carden stated before returning Absol to his Pokeball. "On to business. I want to be in Violet City by this evening. So let's go." Carden ordered firmly, walking westward onto the route connecting New Bark to Cherrygrove.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    xD

Is it too late to sign up?

edit: nevermind. Please just ignore this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: Sorry for my inactivity. School's been kind of busy and I've had a bit of writer's-block and lack of muse… ^_^;))

--

After a bit of thought, Terri had decided to catch up with the other trainer.

She knew she'd have to get moving quickly, and therefore ran out of the lab as fast as her legs could carry her (shoving past a few people along the way). Less than five minutes later, she was exhausted from running, and she'd barely made it into Route 29. She'd never been very athletic. Shortly after that, it started raining. She also wasn't a very lucky person.

At first the Pidgies and Sentrets Terri spotted were both exciting and interesting. After all, back in Hoenn she was used to Zigzagoons and Wingulls. These 'new' Pokémon would also be able to provide training for the latest addition to her team. However, Terri soon discovered that Kirby refused to battle in the rain. The little Mareep looked completely uncomfortable; his soaked wool weighed him down and made him cold. Raindrops landing on his face dripped down by his eyes until they almost looked like tears. He was truly a depressing sight. After three or four wild Pokémon got away unharmed and Kirby let out a pathetic 'Meeep' for the umpteenth time Terri finally decided to recall him into his Pokeball. "Poor thing," she muttered. She hoped the rain wound end soon so that he could actually battle rather than spend all his time cooped up in a Pokeball. At least she had Samantha, though. Sam' didn't care how wet her fur got. She'd walked by Terri's side in the rainy Routes 119 and 120 of Hoenn, and compared to that this was nothing. Many of the wild Pokémon recognized the Smeargle's superior training and avoided the two of them, though the brave few that ended up challenging Terri were quick to realize Sam' was tougher than she looked. Shock Wave was one of the few attacking moves Sam' knew, which dealt very well with Pidgey in particular.

Grass managed to cover most of the landscape, usually in tall patches, though underneath it was mud, and lots of it. Terri's shoes and legs were soon soaked in the stuff, and the rest of her clothes and body were drenched. Even for someone as peppy as her this got a bit aggravating. She tried to walk under overhanging tree branches, though the trees were just as wet as she was, and enough water dripped from their leaves to feel about the same as rain.

A spec of discouragement hit Terri's mind… Maybe she should have stayed behind until the rain stopped, or looked for someone to make the trip less dreary… She shoved those thoughts away, however. Sam' and her were already out here, possibly close to Cherrygrove or even the black-haired girl they were searching for. They couldn't stop now. They had to keep going. Besides, waiting around in the rain was the last thing Terri wanted to do. Samantha probably wouldn't approve of that either.

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
    ((sorry it's a bit late, I wasn't sure if I should be waiting for you, Umbreongirl and White lancer then I thought you two might be waiting for me, so here's my 'filler' until they meet ^_^ ))

The pidgy called to each other from the top of the trees while Karl wondered how many trainers have battled against the wildlife on their way to the next city and how many were captured. Did the pokémon realise why there was suddenly a stream of people travelling from Bark Town? Did they know to avoid humans incase they were attacked and captured? He had been alone on the path for at least an hour now so his thoughts wondered freely as they had done during his first journey alone. How many trainers have made it to the first city? What about to the first gym? Karl really wasn't walking fast enough to catch up with those who went before him, or those who past him some way back, but he did wonder if anyone was behind him and looked back to see. The unkempt man was disappointed to see the path just as empty as he had past it moments ago, he didn't relish the thought of going through all of this alone again. Although, he couldn't see all the way down due to the path not being straight, so there's a possibility of someone further back without him realising it. Stan noticed his trainer looking back and grunted in what could be assumed a question.

Karl smiled at his walking companion, not wanting to voice his real discontent. "I haven't seen any wild pokémon, have you? I guess the other trainers scared them all into hiding." Just as he said that Stan suddenly wasn't by his side anymore, instead the pink pokémon had stopped with his ears twitching staring into the long grass, a low grumble vibrated from his throat. Karl stopped and Murkrow landed on his shoulder with a quiet 'krow' sound.

"What's a matter boy?" The young man asked looking at his Nidorino, then into the tall grass, but he couldn't hear or see anything unusual. Hazel coloured eyes quietly stared with his pokémon, since Stan has never been wrong about someone or something hiding in the grass nearby before. He had very sensitive hearing thanks to his long, knobbly ears.

Then, what seemed like an age, two long black ears popped up from the grass and rotated this way and that, obviously trying to listen out for something. Karl and Murray watched in curiosity, but remained silent as the creature raised itself higher and a round light brown coloured head blinked at the pair with small black eyes. It didn't seem to like what it saw and let out a high pitch squeal from its small triangle shaped mouth and disappeared again into the undergrowth. The grassy area suddenly came to life with pokémon running through it and pidgy flying up into the trees.

Stan was too short to have seen the sentret but could hear the flurry of movement and sent a fury of poison stings into the grasses. A creature squeaked as the attack hit and a purple rodent leapt out at Stan with its mouth open to bite him.

"Horn attack Stan!" The hairy faced trainer quickly called out and the rattata got a mouthful of the sharp end of the assault. It fell to the ground, but was quick to its feet and dodged out of the way around its opponent as Stan stabbed at it again. The pink pokémon turned around to tackle, but the rattata was faster and hit him on his side with a quick attack. Stan's hide flinched slightly, the only indication that the rodent had hit him.

"Okay, use-" Began the scruffy man when the heavens opened up and down the rain poured onto the human and the pokémon. The rattata seized the opportunity to flee and Karl quickly recalled Stan into his pokéball before he got it into his head to pursue his 'victim'. Murrey cawed loudly as he was forced to fly in this heavy rain when his trainer pulled up his shirt to cover his strawberry blonde hair and made a run to the closest shelter in a thicket of trees. The black bird didn't get very far and was forced to land into the mud; he cawed again in a more urgent manner, becoming stuck and was thankfully recalled into his own dry pokéball.

"I wish I had a pokéball to hide in too." Karl sighed as he cowered under a large tree to keep dry, his fringe and clothes were already clinging to his face and body, but he really couldn't be bothered to look in his bag for a coat. He'll just lean here and wait for the shower to end, sure in the knowledge that it wouldn't last much longer.

silvanarrow

Years
    Bonds Re-Forged

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long again. Work has been keeping me busy and I've been too exhausted to even think about writing these days. Anyway, here we go!)

'Ugh…where am I?' Eri thought as her consciousness drifted in the twilight between sleep and wakefulness. Her thoughts were clouded and hazy, and she almost felt as if she were floating. As the fog started to clear, she suddenly became very aware that she was actually warm.

Eri hesitantly cracked open one eyelid, squinting slightly at the brightness of wherever she was as she cautiously felt around with her other senses. She was lying on her back on a soft mattress and was covered with a pile of blankets. Somehow her clothes had been changed into a dry cotton shirt and sweat pants. Once her eyes adjusted, she opened them fully…

…only to stare straight into the face of a Chansey.

"Chan-sey!!!" the pink Pokemon greeted her happily.

"AAH!!!!" Eri exclaimed, sitting bolt upright in bed. However, she immediately regretted that action as the blood rushed from her head. "Ow…head rush…" she muttered, rubbing her temple with one hand. Waking up to a Chansey in her face was the last thing she expected…

"Nine!" Eri jerked her head to the left to see Pyrix sitting beside the bed. She immediately felt better at seeing a familiar face.

"Pyrix, I'm so glad to see you!" Eri exclaimed. Pyrix propped her front paws up on the bed so Eri could hug her around the neck. When she pulled away, it dawned on her that she had no idea where she was. "Wait….where are we?"

"Why, you're at the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City." Eri, Pyrix, and Chansey looked toward the open doorway of the small room to see a Nurse Joy standing there. It was only then that Eri noticed the nurse hat sitting on Chansey's head. "I'm relieved to see you're awake. I checked your Pokedex. You're Eri Kiryakov, correct?"

"Y-yes, that's me," Eri replied, feeling more confused by the moment.

Nurse Joy walked to the other side of the bed, opposite from Pyrix, and gently placed the palm of her hand on Eri's forehead. "Good, your fever's gone. How do you feel?"

Ero quickly took inventory of her physical condition. "Um…pretty good, actually. Just a little tired." She finally took the opportunity to ask the question that had been plaguing her this whole time. "Nurse Joy, how in the world did I get here? The last thing I remember is collapsing in a cave in the middle of nowhere."

"That's actually an interesting story. I've never seen anything quite like it," Nurse Joy replied before launching into her story.

Flashback

Nurse Joy sat at her desk, filling out some paperwork on her latest patients. It had been a pretty slow day so far, but she guessed that the sudden thunderstorm would soon send trainers rushing to the Pokemon Center to seek shelter.

TAP TAP TAP!

"Huh? What in the…" Nurse Joy turned around in her chair to see a Pidgey tapping at the window with its beak.

"Pidg pidg!" the Pidgey chirped in apparent alarm.

Nurse Joy immediately got to her feet and moved to the window. She undid the latch and opened the window. "What is it, Pidgey?" she asked gently, trying to figure out the source of its distress.

"Pidg pidgey!" the Pidgey crowed, pointing to the left with its wing.

"You want to show me something outside?" Nurse Joy prodded.

"Pidg!" it nodded.

"Okay, lead the way!" Nurse Joy said, pulling a shawl over her shoulders. The Pidgey stayed outside and flew in the direction of the entrance while Nurse Joy followed from inside the Pokemon Center. As she neared the sliding glass doors at the front, Nurse Joy gasped at what she saw in the distance.

Two fire Pokemon, a Ninetales and a Ponyta, were trudging through the downpour towards the Pokemon Center. Lying slumped over on the Ponyta's back, her face hidden in its neck, was a young brunette woman, apparently their trainer. The Pidgey flew over the odd group, circling a few times before darting into the forest to seek shelter from the rain.

Nurse Joy ran outside, heedless of the storm, to meet the two Pokemon as they approached with their unconscious trainer. "My goodness, what happened to all of you?" she asked worriedly.

"Nine nine!" the Ninetales cried, looking worriedly at the woman on the Ponyta's back.

"Is she your trainer?" Nurse Joy prodded.

"Nine!" Pyrix replied with a nod. Just then, the Ponyta whinnied in distress and sank to its knees, clearly exhausted.

Her medical training kicking in, Nurse Joy straightened and stated, "There's no time to lose. Chansey, bring a stretcher! We have an emergency!"

End Flashback

"And that's what happened," Nurse Joy concluded. "You were in pretty rough shape when you arrived last night."

"Last night, huh?" Eri mused, more to herself than anyone else. Glancing out the window, she guessed it was about midday. Faint glimmers of memories flitted across her mind's eye. Two muzzles nudging her face and body as she lay on the cold dirt floor of the cave… Being carried and feeling like she was floating… A soothing warmth radiating through her body, as if she were sitting in front of a roaring fireplace… Wait, Nurse Joy said that Arod carried her, and yet Eri didn't have any burns on her skin. She felt her face with trembling fingers in amazement. 'That must mean…'

Nurse Joy's gentle voice brought her out of her thoughts. "You're very lucky to have such wonderful Pokemon with you. Your Ninetales hasn't left your side."

"And…Arod? Where is he?" Eri asked hesitantly. She suddenly felt strangely humbled that, even though Arod clearly hated her, he still did so much for her. If he hadn't carried her to the Pokemon Center…Eri didn't want to even think of the possibilities.

"Your Ponyta is resting in the back. He was exhausted after carrying you all that way and had a mild fever. He should be just fine by now," Nurse Joy reassured her. "Wait? Where are you going?"

"I have to see him. I have…to make things right," Eri stated as she got out of bed, careful to let her equilibrium adjust after lying down for so long. She grabbed her now dry clothes off the table next to the bed and headed for the doorway. Pyrix trotted after her. Nurse Joy and Chansey watched in silence as they left.

"Chansey?" Chansey inquired of Nurse Joy.

Nurse Joy smiled and shook her head. "It's okay, Chansey. Whatever Eri has to do, I'm sure it's important."

After changing clothes in the bathroom, Eri and Pyrix headed to the back of the Pokemon Center and found Arod curled up asleep, his legs neatly folded under his body, in the corner of one of the treatment rooms. Someone had draped a blanket over him, so he looked quite comfortable. Eri opened the door slowly, trying not to disturb him, and walked inside, Pyrix at her side. Arod's ears perked at the sound of their footsteps, and he lifted his head, nickering softly. Instead of looking angry, he regarded her with a curious expression.

"Um…sorry to wake you, but can I talk to you outside?" Eri asked somewhat awkwardly. She didn't particularly want Nurse Joy or anyone else overhearing. Arod got to his feet, the blanket falling off his back, and quietly followed Eri outside to the back of the Pokemon Center. They found a small, isolated clearing near a stand of trees that was safely away from prying eyes.

Eri took a deep breath and looked Arod in the eye as she began. "I just…wanted to thank you. You know, for carrying me all this way while I was unconscious. If it weren't for you, I might…not even be here." She said the last part much more softly, as if afraid that it would come to pass if she spoke too loudly. "And…I'm sorry. I was too harsh on you back at Professor Willow's lab. You have every right to not trust me." Eri felt the walls around her heart slowly crumbling as she stood, utterly humbled, before the Pokemon that had essentially saved her life. She clenched her hands into fists at her side and glanced to the side with her eyes closed, blinking back tears caused by a rare, sudden rush of emotion. "I'm just…so sorry…"

Arod's expression softened, and he nickered softly as he gently nudged her hand with his muzzle. Eri's eyes opened in mild surprise. "Arod?" She slowly, ever so slowly, reached out with her hand and stroked Arod's cheek. He nickered again and let his eyes drift shut, leaning into her touch. Feeling a little bolder, Eri moved her hand farther back, toward his neck and the dangerous flames that made up his mane. 'This is the moment of truth.' She let her fingertips drift into those flames…

…and they did not burn.

A lump rose unbidden to Eri's throat. "Arod…you do trust me after all…" she murmured softly. Arod whinnied quietly and met her awestruck gaze.

"Nine!" Pyrix chirped happily. She was relieved to see that Eri and Arod had finally sorted out their differences.

Just then, a sound from overhead interrupted the tender moment. "Pidg!" Eri, Pyrix, and Arod glanced up in the same direction as a Pidgey flew down from the canopy of a nearby tree and perched on a low-hanging branch, cocking his head to one side curiously.

"Are you…the Pidgey that Nurse Joy was telling me about?" Eri asked.

"Pidg pidg!" Pidgey replied in the affirmative.

"You led them all the way here in the middle of the thunderstorm and then went to Nurse Joy for help," Eri stated in amazement. "How can I ever thank you?"

"Pidgey pidg!" the Pidgey crowed, hopping back and forth and flapping his wings excitedly.

"I think he wants to battle you." Eri whirled around to see Nurse Joy and Chansey standing behind you. "Why not give it a try?" she asked with an encouraging smile.

Eri turned back to the Pidgey. "Is that true? Do you want to battle me?"

"Pidg pidg!" the Pidgey cried. His eyes took on a competitive glint.

Eri smirked, relishing the thought of this new challenge. "All right, I accept. Let's go, Arod!" Her Ponyta whinned and tossed his head, pawing the ground in anticipation.

The Pidgey hopped off his branch and flew straight toward Arod in a Tackle.

"Dodge it, Arod!" Arod jumped to the side just in time to avoid the attack. "Now you use Tackle!" Arod galloped toward Pidgey, but it easily flew higher and out of range. Arod whinnied in frustration and skidded on the wet ground as Pidgey got behind him.

"Arod, turn around quick and use Ember!" Eri commanded. Arod used the last bit of momentum from his Tackle to whirl around and fire off an Ember attack using the flames that made up his mane.

"Pidg!" Pidgey cried as the tiny fireballs struck him for heavy damage. However, he recovered his balance and flew low to the ground, beating his wings to kick up clouds of blinding sand.

"Look out, Arod. That's a Sand Attack!" Eri exclaimed. But it was too late. The sand hit Arod's eyes, and he whinnied in distress, shaking his head from side to side to try and clear his vision. Pidgey took the opportunity to attack and flapped his wings harder to gain speed, slamming into Arod's side with a Quick Attack and sending him crashing to the ground.

"Arod, are you okay?" Eri called. Arod got to his feet and snorted in defiance. His mane and tail burned more intensely as his competitive side kicked into overdrive. However, he flinched as the sand stung his eyes. 'If Arod can't see, then it's going to be a lot harder for him to dodge or attack. Unless…' She quickly concocted a plan in her head. "Arod, close your eyes and just listen!"

Arod flinched in surprise but obeyed nevertheless. "Pidg!" Pidgey crowed as he charged Arod with another Quick Attack.

"Dodge it!" Eri called. Arod's ears perked, listening for the sound of Pidgey's wing beats. He dodged the attack at the last second and whirled around to face his opponent as Pidgey banked on his left wing and charged again, wings glowing white in a Wing Attack.

"Wait for it…" Eri said. Arod stood his ground, putting his trust in his trainer to tell him when to move or attack. Finally he was close enough. "Use Ember again!" Arod whinnied and sent out wave after wave of tiny fireballs from his mane and tail. The attack hit at point-blank range, since Pidgey was so close.

Pidg pidg!" Pidgey cried. He fell to the ground and struggled to get up, but he was too weak.

"Now I've got you." Eri pulled out a Pokeball and pushed the button in the middle to expand it. "Pokeball, go!" She threw the Pokeball, and it struck the Pidgey dead center. He turned into red light and vanished into the small metal orb, which closed and fell to the ground. The button in the middle flashed an angry red as the ball rocked from side to side. Nurse Joy, Chansey, Pyrix, and Eri looked on in anticipation.

Eri clenched her hand into a fist at her side as she stood watching the Pokeball with tense anticipation. "Come on, stay in there…"

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Gabby looked out from the pavilion. The rain had slowed to a light drizzle.

"Ok you guys. Time to get moving again. Cherrygrove isn't far now. I can see it from here." Gabby told her Pokemon. When she wasn't answered, she turned and found them all sprawled about the picnic tables, fast asleep. GAbby smiled and recalled them all. She set the Pokeballs into her belt and started to run towards the town. She jumped up the steps into the town and looked around. It was beautiful! Flowers sparkling with rain in the weak sun. Gabby looked up and saw the clouds blow away, a rainbow was reveiled. Briella stared in awe for a short while, until she remembered what she was here to do.

Gabby started to walk towards a sign. It read:
    "Poke Centre ^"

Gabby nodded and headed straight into the city. The bright red sign of the Poke Centre was visible after only a short while of walking. That girl, Eri was standing in front of it, her Ninetails still standing by her side respectively. Gabby walked past her and smiled.

"Pardon me." she said as she squeezed past her into the Poke Centre. Just to get a quick check-up on her Pokemon before they really started out on their journey.

"Nurse Joy, could you please check my Pokemon really quick?" Gabby asked politely. Nurse Joy nodded and smiled sweetly. She came back in only a few minutes. "Your Pokemon are fine. Happy trails!" she said, turning to her helper, Chansey. Gabby thanked her and started to walk out, ready for her real beginning of her Pokemon journey.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    "Ok, Mr. Stocky! Violet City it is!"

Anthony paced briskly beside the shorst guy. He enjoyed the relatively nice weather and listened to Calvin and Melvin playing catch in his tracks. They seemed to get along very well. If only Mr. Stocky could get better along with me, Anththony thought. Not that he was very concerned; he was sure Carden would get to like him in due time, he was such a nice guy after all. And his Absol was just wicked. He had seen one on his travels in Hoenn, but he had never managed to catch one. And besides, it would probably not have worked out with Melvin.

To pass the time, Anthony picked up a small folder on Violet City and flicked over to the passage on the Gym. "Violet Cty is often the first place a Jotho trainer will go to get his/her first Gym Badge", he read aloud. "Well, it should be no problem for a dynamic guy like you, eh, Mr. Sto- Mr. Adair?", he asked, before answering himself. "Well, of course not. I just hope I'll do fine as well". This happy thought cheered up Anthony even more, and he playfully bounced along the road, drawing in the clean air and enjoying the experience in general. Eventually he recalled a tired Calvin, Melvin having conserved his energy much better. The only thing bothering Anthony was that Carden had'nt uttered a word to him yet. Better try to start a conversation.

"My mother always said- " he began, but suddenly was distracted. Perched ina nearby tree was a strange bird. It was rather round with short wings and only one foot. It had a peculiar crest and two large, red eyes with a small beak in the middle. They stared at each other for a moment. Could it be a Pokémon? Anthony pulled out his Dex to check.

"Hoothoot. The Owl Pokémon. Hoothoot can tell what time it is by sensing the earths rotation. It always stands on one leg, the other one hidden in its feathers"

Anthony instantly decided that he wanted that Pokémon. It just looked so- wise. Quickly he pulled out a Pokéball and tossed it towards the Hoothoot. Almost mockingly, the bird knocked it back with the wind. Of course. Weakening first. But before he could give Melvin a command, the thing flew off. Anthony stared after it for a moment, before sprinting in its direction. "Hey! Waaaait!" he called after it, eyes intently focused on the flying bird. Mistake. Of course, he didn't notice the root. And for the second time that day, Anthony Highgate had a rather unpleasant date with the ground. Frustrated he brushed off his hat and continued the pursuit. He was alarmed to see that the Hoothoot was about to disappear in a cluster of trees. He took a desperate chance. "Melvin! Confusion!" he cried. The Meditite pulled up to his side as its eyes grew blue. And miraculously, it worked. The bird suddenly lost its sense of direction and bumped into a nearby trunk. Anthony could see its rage as it turned to head straight for Melvin.

"Prepare for him with Meditate!" Anthony called, and Melvin closed his eyes. A blue hue emanated from his body. When he opened his eyes, the Hoothoot was feet away. "Hidden Power!" Anthony said, and the Hoothoot took the full brunt of the swirling green orbs. However, it didn't seem too notice thm, and seconds later Melvin vinced in pain from a barrage of Pecks. Thinking quickly, Anthony ordered a Bide attack. He watched with anxiety as Melvin fully focused, his body shaking with surpressed energy. Then, in a flash, the Meditite's fist knocked the Hoothoot back with such force that it slammed into the ground a few yards away. But it still had some vigour in it, and it flapped it's wings to escape to the safety of the air. "Force Palm!" Anthony cried. Even though Melvin was tired out from the barrage of super-effective hits, it still managed to lunge forward, hitting the bird with a blue-glowing palm. The Hoothoot cied in pain before trying to take off again, but the attack had paralyzed it. It was Anthony's moment now. Once again the Pokéball flew from his hand, and this time the bird was sucked inside. The ball clattered to the ground and began to stir...

Last edited:
    Years
    OOC: Wow, I'm falling behind. Now that school is out for me I should be able to catch up and post often. Don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but just to move forward, I'll have my character catch the Aipom.

The ball seemed to rattle forever. For some reason it just wouldn't confirm the catch, which was beginning to get annoying. "The Aipom must be putting up one hell of a fight. Never usually takes this long." Luke walked over to the pokéball on the ground and stared at it. "Wish I could actually do something to speed up the process." He went to reach for red and white sphere, but before he could get it in his hands, the famous ding! sounded. "Wow, finally got our new addition to the team guys," Luke said, turning to his party who had been watching the ball as stubbornly as Luke.

The trainer picked up the ball and looked at it, admiring his capture. To his surprise, a single drop of water fell on the red half of the ball. He looked up only to see the sky covered in the dreary, dark gray clouds. A flash of light went off in the distance with a loud clap of thunder not far behind. Luke quickly attached the ball to the open space on his belt. "Magby, you will have to get in the ball. Can't take the chances of you getting sick in the rain. Same goes for you to Hera." Luke pointed two other pokéballs and returned his team to their dry housing. The rain got heavier and just unleashed tons of water onto the Route, the pokémon, and all the trainers.

Luke pulled his map out really quick to see how much of a distance he had to cover until the first Pokémon Center. From what he could tell, which was sort of difficult with all the water hitting the screen, the center wasn't far off. He tucked the map back and slung the pack across his back. Without a large pokémon or bike, running was going to be the fastest option since Luke had no desires to camp out under a tree to wait for the storm to pass. With not fears of being sick, the trainer began his sprint to Cherrygrove and shelter.

He ran straight down the marked path to the town. Passing fleeing pokémon and trainers, everyone attempting to dodge the multiple rain drops. It wasn't long before his entire outfit was soaked. Absorbing the water into his clothes was making him slower and making this trip even more miserable. What made it worse was that in his haste, Luke and tripped over a rock. He fell onto the muddy path, covering his right side in fresh mud. He got up cursing and wiping the liquid dirt from his face. "I'll have to let the rain take care of most of it right now," he muttered angrily. Even though he felt slightly frustrated, Luke returned to his rushed journey to the next town. The further he went town the path, the less trainers he saw. "Most of them have probably taken shelter or have already made it to Cherrygrove," he thought to himself.

It wasn't long after that he began to see signs indicating that Cherrygrove wasn't far. After running for at least 15 minutes, he could see the large sign welcoming everyone to Cherrygrove. He stopped at it to catch is breath. The rain was beginning to die down, but still wasn't all that enjoyable. A Pokémon Center symbol was placed along with several others under the welcome message. According to the sign, the Center should be at the northern part of the town. Having caught his breath, the trainer walked past the sign and entered Cherrygrove. Passing a small forest area, the town appeared before him.

Luke smiled at the thought of warm shelter not far from his current position. He slowed his run to a walk and traveled to where he assumed the Center would be. Before he knew it, the red and white building was right in front of him. He walked up to the doors and glanced at the sign to make sure he was in the right place. Through the glass doors he could see Nurse Joy with her pink hair and a Chansey walking around the lobby, doing various jobs from the looks of it. He pushed the glass door open and walked through the doorway, bringing all the water in his clothes with him.

"Oh wow! Did you really travel in that storm?" Nurse Joy asked. She got from her seat and quickly traveled to his side. Luke nodded in response. "Well, now you're in the warm. Why don't you strip down in one of the rooms and we will take care of your clothes while you get a good nights rest." That sounded wonderful to Luke. Joy pointed to a door labeled "Dorm Rooms."

Once one had been chosen for him, Luke took most of his clothes off and crawled into the bed covered in white. The Chansey took his clothes and left the room. "Lets get some sleep" was the last thought that ran through Luke's head before he drifted off.

~ ~ ~​

The sunlight shined right into his eyes from the window in the room. He cringed away into the shade so that he may open his eyes. Wiping away the early morning blurry vision, Luke sat up straight and yawned. To his left on the bed were his clothes neatly piled up along with his trainer's belt. The trainer showered and dressed before walking out of the Center. Unlike last night, the sun was shining and white clouds replaced the dark gray.

Not far off he could hear what sounded like a battle. He walked around the Center and spotted Joy with another girl. The girl was busy commanding her Ponyta in a battle involving a Pidgey. Being a fan of battling, Luke sat back silently and observed. She battled well and it wasn't long before she had made the move to capture the flying-type. Then she too had come to a situation where he was at not long ago. He stared at her pokéball to see if it would take just as long as his capture had taken.

silvanarrow

Years
    New Allies

(OOC: Sorry for the inactivity. I've been really busy with my research lately. All right, here we go!)

Time seemed frozen in place as Eri anxiously watched the Pokeball rattle from side the side, the red light in the center flashing angrily. Arod stood in front of her in a battle stance, ready to leap back into the fray if the Pidgey escaped. Behind her, Pyrix sat calmly beside Nurse Joy and Chansey, watching with the air of a Pokemon that had seen this all too many times.

After several long agonizing moments, the Pokeball stopped rocking, and a DING sounded through the clearing as the red light stopped flashing. For a second Eri stood frozen in place, almost in disbelief. Then she took a few steps forward and picked up the Pokeball, regarding it carefully, as if it would vanish if she took her eyes off it.

"I…did it. I actually caught a Pokemon," Eri muttered to herself. Arod whinnied happily and galloped to her side while Pyrix followed at an unhurried pace.

Nurse Joy's voice broke Eri out of her trance. "Congratulations, Eri! Why don't you introduce yourself to your new Pokemon?" she suggested kindly.

"Oh…right," Eri said, turning around to face Nurse Joy and Chansey. However, a seed of apprehension nagged at her gut. The last time she had met a new Pokemon, she had let her temper get the better of her and had nearly lost his trust forever. As if sensing her thoughts, Arod nickered softly and nudged her cheek, blowing warm breath into her hair. "I know, Arod, I know," Eri said. "Well, here goes nothing." She tossed the Pokeball into the air, and the Pidgey materialized on the ground in front of her.

"Pidg pidg," the Pidgey chirped as a greeting.

Eri crouched down so she was more at eye level with the small bird Pokemon. "H-hey, Pidgey. Looks…like I'm your new trainer."

"Pidg?" Pidgey cocked his head to one side curiously, throwing a pointed look at the two fire Pokemon flanking Eri.

"Oh right. This is Pyrix," Eri indicated the Ninetales sitting at her left. "And this is Arod." She pointed to her male Ponyta, who lowered his ears and nickered softly as if in apology for battling him earlier.

"Pidgey pidg!" Pidgey chirped happily to the two Pokemon and then lowered his head toward Eri almost like a bow.

Eri quirked an eyebrow. This Pidgey's personality couldn't be anymore different from Arod's if he tried. While Arod was playful and borderline mischievous, Pidgey already seemed scrupulously obedient and respectful. Smiling, Eri held out her arm like a falconer. "Come here." The Pidgey hopped up on her arm, and Eri stood up while pulling her Pokedex out of her pocket with her free hand. "Let's see…" She quickly scanned the newest acquisition to her team. "You're definitely a male, and you know the attacks Tackle, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, and Wing Attack." She flipped the Pokedex closed and replaced it in her pocket. She regarded the Pidgey carefully. "Now you just need a name." She racked her brain for options, hopefully one that wasn't too cliché and yet not over the top. "I got it! How about Arashi? It means Storm in Japanese, so I think it suits you."

"Pidg pidg!" the newly named Arashi chirped in delight. He hopped onto Eri's shoulder with a quick flutter of his wings, and Eri scratched him under the chin with the tip of her finger. Arashi cooed softly and let his eyes close.

"Glad you like it." She turned to regard Nurse Joy and Chansey with a look of gratitude. "Thank you for everything…both of you."

"Of course, that's our job," Nurse Joy replied with a smile. "Best of luck to you on your journey."

"Chansey!" her companion agreed.

Eri nodded in acknowledgement. It was then that she felt another set of eyes watching her. She glanced to the side and saw a young man who looked a little older than her with buzzed dark hair peeking out from under a cap and a small goatee. She recognized him vaguely as one of the trainers that had been at Professor Willow's lab. He was watching the whole scene unfold with apparent interest, and Eri wondered if he had also watched her capture Arashi. Then she realized that she had ignored Nurse Joy and Chansey. "T-thank you. Farewell," she bid them hastily and then turned to depart, leaving from the opposite side of the clearing as the other trainer.

Once she was on the opposite side of the Pokemon Center, she recalled Arod and Arashi for a rest, leaving Pyrix sitting at her side, and checked the sign at the entrance. Next to it was another sign indicating the direction of the Pokemart and several other stores for trainers. "Let's see…I should probably restock on food and medicines before leaving for Violet City."

While she was thinking, a female voice spoke behind her. "Pardon me." Eri glanced up in time to see the black-haired girl Gabby squeeze past her to enter the Pokemon Center. She gave Eri a friendly smile, which made her feel uneasy for some reason. Not that she doubted the sincerity of the girl's smile; she just wasn't used to complete strangers being so friendly.

Eri shook her head to clear her muddled thoughts. 'Looks like the other trainers are starting to converge on the Pokemon Center. I'd better get moving before it gets too crowded here.' She turned and headed down the path toward the Pokemart wordlessly, trusting Pyrix would catch up.

Cherrygrove City was a small, yet pleasant city, with people often giving her friendly looks as she walked along the sidewalk. It wasn't especially crowded, so she let Arashi out of his Pokeball so she could bond with him a little before they all started training for their first gym battle. He perched contentedly on her shoulder and watched the activity around him with quiet amusement while Eri bought her supplies from the Pokemart. She also dropped by a cheap clothing store and picked up a spare change of clothes in case she got caught in another storm. 'No need for a repeat of our last fiasco.'

After organizing her supplies in her backpack, Eri checked her map while Arashi peered curiously over her shoulder. "Hmmm…looks like Routes 30 and 31 are a straight shot to Violet City, but we'll probably stay off the main roads so we can get in some more training before the first gym."

"Nine," Pyrix agreed.

"Pidg," Arashi added.

Eri folded her map and replaced it in her pocket. "All right, let's get going," she announced and headed toward the exit of the city.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    OOC: Silvanarrow, I used the idea you had a whle ago about Gabby formally introducing herself as Wing's trainer. Just to let you know. ;]

Gabby looked at her map. "Hmm, Violet City is next, and our first Gym!" she said to Wing on her head and Alice walking beside her. Alice barked in glee and Wing flapped her wings. "Im not sure what Type of Pokemon this Gym Leader specializes in, but I think we can handle anything." she smiled at her Pokemon and continued walking.

A sign on the side of the road read:

Violet City,
    North

"Well, now we know what direction we're going. Lets hop to it, guys." Gabby said, smiling at her Pokemon and beginning to walk in the general direction of Violet City. As she was walking and talking to her Pokemon, she felt herself knock into a familiar shoulder. She looked, and there was that Eri girl, AGAIN!

"Why do I keep knocking into you?" Gabby said, dusting her pants off from the dust she kicked up from stumbling and smiling. The girl, Eri, also started to dust herself off, and Gabby offered her hand for greeting to the shyer girl. "Anyway, Im Gabriella. The girl who almost knocked you over the first day out, the girl who complimented your Ninetails, the girl who's Pidgey vandalized your posessions, AND the girl who knocked into yet again." Gabby laughed as she shook Eri's hand.

**Sorry, its a bit short because I need Eri's reaction before I can continue.

Last edited:
    Years
    ((Finally had time to write something up...I should be more active from now on.))

Elian watched with a practiced eye as the Poké Ball containing the Phanpy shook. He was experienced enough to know that even though Totodile had executed the battle well and though he had timed the Poké Ball throw perfectly, there was always a chance, however slim, that the Pokémon would escape. If it did, Elian would respect the Phanpy even more, and probably let it go in honor of its valor.

He didn't think that would happen, though--the Phanpy had been damaged to the point of exhaustion, and it was rare that a Pokémon could escape at that point--and his suspicions were validated as the Poké Ball lay still. Elian nodded his head, a slight smirk coming to his face as he walked over and picked up the dormant Poké Ball, hitching it to his belt. Excellent, he thought, I may be falling a little behind the others, but this Phanpy will make a great addition to my team...

Turning, he patted the Totodile on the head, mindful of its jaw and any attempts the little Pokémon might make at biting his hand, but it either respected Elian too much to try that or was too tired to even attempt it. "You did well, Totodile," Elian said, and he meant it--he didn't give out compliments often, and when he did they were well-warranted. The Totodile showed a lot of promise and he was glad to have him on his team. His group was shaping up to be quite a good one, now; maybe it would even rival the team he had used in the Pokémon League in Kanto. He hoped so; after all, that Kanto team had lost in the first battle of the final rounds, and he didn't want to be so disappointed again. This time, he vowed, he wasn't going to allow himself to be upset in the first round...and the next time he met up with the Trainer who had defeated him, he was not going to be the one losing.

Elian unclenched his fist, then glanced up at the sky as he felt something tap him on the head. Dark clouds rolled in, and he could tell a thunderstorm was brewing; he personally couldn't care less about the rain, but his Growlithe Timber would not be happy--indeed, he was already gazing up at the sky and whimpering. Elian sighed and recalled Totodile, then said, "I suppose we had better find shelter until the rain passes...I wonder how far Cherrygrove City is from here." He began to walk briskly westward, Timber at his heels, and withdrew his Pokégear and accessed the map section. "Good...looks like it's not too far from here. We should be able to make it before the storm hits full-force...if we hurry." The Fire-type barked in assent as Elian began to pick up his pace, eventually rising into a jog.

They had no sooner left the mountainous regions than the downpour started in earnest, and Elian began to run, Timber right behind. This wasn't good; from the severity and swiftness of the storm he could tell it wasn't a typical downpour. It was strange enough that the storm had come in the middle of summer, but for the storm to be so fierce and so fast was unusual; even Elian, as healthy as he was, probably shouldn't be outdoors in something like this. Timber would have it even worse--as a Fire-type, the water was the worst possible weather he could encounter and it could seriously hurt him, and on top of all that, the water was falling so thick that it was blinding them. Elian skidded to a stop underneath a big tree which only partially blocked the falling water, and Timber looked at him quizzically. The puppy Pokémon was trying to be strong and not look like it was afraid, but Elian could tell it was shaken and worried--about both of them. Elian said, "Alright, Timber, it's time for you to get inside your Poké Ball. There's no need for you to put yourself in danger out here." Timber's eyes widened and he shook his head, obviously not wanting to leave Elian out alone in the storm.

Elian smiled and withdrew two Poké Balls from his belt. "Don't worry, Timber. I'll be alright...and besides, I won't be alone. Totodile will be here, and he's used to weather like this. He can help guide me back to Cherrygrove City." He tossed the Poké Ball up into the air, and out of the shimmering white light Totodile appeared. Timber glanced at the crocodile Pokémon, then back at his trainer, and Elian could tell that he was conflicted--he really wanted to get out of the rain, but he did not want to leave his trainer and he didn't particularly like being inside the Poké Ball. Elian wasn't about to give him a choice in the matter. "Alright, Timber, return," he said, and the red light from the other Poké Ball engulfed the puppy Pokémon and pulled it inside. "You can come back out when it's safe for you."

He glanced over at the Totodile, which was prancing around in the rain and obviously enjoying itself. A slight smile came to his face--it must have been a while since the Water-type was able to enjoy a downpour such as this one, and the little Pokémon was obviously making good use of its time. "Totodile, you can see fine, right?" The Pokémon nodded; obviously its eyes were better suited to dealing with water than Elian's were. "Alright. Then you can help me to get to Cherrygrove City quickly?" The Pokémon nodded once again, then turned and dropped to all fours, running westward toward the other city. Elian grinned and ran after him, shielding his eyes as best he could and trusting Totodile to keep them on the path.

In this manner, they reached the outskirts of the city rather quickly, and Elian immediately headed for the Pokémon Center. He was absolutely drenched, but fortunately his clothes, practical as usual, were water-resistant and were not too damaged by the thunderstorm. The Center was packed; obviously other trainers had also been caught by the storm and were forced to seek shelter. Avoiding the gazes of the other trainers, Elian found his way to a corner off to the side of the room away from most of the others. There, he released Timber from his Poké Ball (having recalled Totodile before he entered the Pokémon Center, for fear that the little Pokémon would bite the other trainers) and began to re-inventory his supplies, determining which were okay and which had been rendered useless by the water. Much of his equipment was fine, as he tried to be prepared for such things since he was always traveling in the wild, but there were some objects that he would have to replace.

Having completed his inventory, Elian stared out the window into the ongoing storm. He would sit here and wait it out, but he wanted to get out of this place as soon as the storm lightened up.

silvanarrow

Years
    OOC: I finally had time to write this. I would have posted sooner, but I had work and then this site kept crashing on me.

As Eri passed out of the main part of Cherrygrove City, she came to a sign on the outskirts that read:

Violet City,
    North

Ahead of her, wild forests and plains loomed in the distance with promise of blessed solitude so she and her team could train for the first gym. The notion almost brought a smile to her face. With Arashi on her shoulder and Pyrix at her left side, she started to walk forward, and then…

WHAM!

Eri stumbled forward and managed to right herself while Arashi flapped his wings frantically to keep his perch on her shoulder, his claws digging painfully through her shirt. An all-too familiar voice sounded from behind her: "Why do I keep knocking into you?"

Dusting herself off, Eri turned around slowly to come face to face with that girl Gabby. She mentally berated herself for not being alert enough to sense her approach. 'Not again…' Eri thought to herself with a disgruntled mental sigh. From a distance, they must have looked like quite the pair. Gabby, like Eri, had a Pidgey, except it – no, she – was perched on Gabby's head, while Arashi was on Eri's shoulder. 'Absurd…' She also had a Poochyena at her heels. Also, Gabby, like Eri, was a brunette, though her hair was a couple shades darker. Apparently it seemed that fate had deemed for her to keep crossing paths with this same girl, perhaps until she went insane.

Just then, the shorter dark-haired girl started to speak again, so Eri kept her face carefully blanked while she listened. She even stuck out her hand in a greeting, which perplexed Eri to no end. It wasn't as if they were friends or anything of the sort. "Anyway, I'm Gabriella. The girl who almost knocked you over the first day out, the girl who complimented your Ninetales, the girl who's Pidgey vandalized your possessions, AND the girl who knocked into you yet again." Gabby laughed good-naturedly and then actually reached out and shook Eri's hand before she had a chance to react.

When Gabby mentioned her Pidgey, Eri felt Pyrix tense beside her. She knew that Pyrix remembered the Pidgey and had attacked because she thought Eri was in danger that night. Eri made a subtle gesture with her hand to assure Pyrix that everything was fine. Arashi, meanwhile, took notice of Gabby's Pidgey and cocked his head to one side with a questioning "Pidg?" All this happened in a couple of seconds, and Eri still had yet to answer this girl.

"It's…a pleasure to meet you, Gabriella," Eri replied stiffly, inwardly grimacing at how forced her response sounded. She subconsciously crossed her arms over her chest and racked her brain for words. What exactly was she supposed to say? She wanted to say something along the lines of learning to control her Pokemon better, after what her Pidgey had done, but decided against it. She spoke again, keeping her voice even and her expression neutral. "As for why you keep knocking into me, I could ask you the same question. I appreciate you replacing the food that your Pidgey stole from us, and I'm sure Pyrix enjoyed your compliment."

"Nine!" Pyrix cheerfully.

Eri spared a fond look for her Pokemon and then focused her attention on Gabby again. "I assume all you wanted was to formally introduce yourself as that Pidgey's trainer? If so, then you probably have nothing else to say, so I will take my leave. Good afternoon."

Eri spun on her heel and turned to leave while Arashi gave her a confused expression. Pyrix, however, knew this behavior all too well. Eri always brushed off potential friends so she wouldn't have to rely on others or risk showing weaknes. The Ninetales cast Gabby an apologetic look over her shoulder, as if begging for her to forgive her trainer's coldness, and turned to follow Eri.

Eri could feel Gabby's eyes boring into her back and tried to ignore them. She clenched her hand – the one Gabby had shaken – into a tight fist. Her apparent friendliness and outgoing personality unnerved Eri, but she didn't know why. It was if the barriers that Eri always maintained to keep people at a distance meant nothing to her, as if she didn't even see them. Instead of wasting time wondering, Eri simply took a step forward and started walking away…

OOC: Hope this post didn't stink too much, KillewKiwi. It was hard writing Eri's dialogue when her personality is so different from mine. Don't worry, she'll come around eventually XD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back