• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Hunger Games

Years
  • I just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and I'm on a Hunger Games craze. It's about a world where they pit kids in a fight to the death, but it's not an all out gladiator fight, contestants can run and hide and survive as well. Giving less combat oriented kids a chance to win. There's 24 contestants, but I'm reducing it to 8.

Who's winning the Pokémon Hunger Games?

1. Machamp
    2. Alakazam
    3. Zoroark
    4. Blissey
    5. Wobbuffet
    6. Bidoof
    7. Jumpluff
    8. Mienshao

Years
  • Pokémon have intelligence, I mean Pokémon battles are just the natural order carrying itself out. They train with humans, have competitive spirits. They aren't just animals acting out their base survival instincts.

Mr.Johto

Kang!
    Years
  • Alakazam hands down, he'd out smart the competition, only other real threat is bidoof. He's so much of a non-threat that they'd all forget about him till the end, then once they send in the pack of wild were-mightyena to kill of Alakazam all bidoof would need to do is land one well placed bite!

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • I love the books! Wait for the movie. Did you watch the trailer? mindblowing.
    I think either Mienshao or Zoroark would win.. Probably Mienshao. lol

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Wobbuffet for the reasons stated above by Firework, or maybe Alakazam, since he has a huge IQ and can figure a way to hit Wobbuffet without being hit by Mirror Coat / Counter

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
  • I say Zoroark. Foxface lol. Um besides brute strength, they'd need brains and strategy. If ever Pokemon decides to have Hunger games, it would look like a discovery channel spin off, with survival strategies and all

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I don't why Bidoof would be up there if Machamp can just soft jab it and it will faint so easily lol. I think I would have to go with Alakazam just because it is a Psychic type Pokemon which can easily KO a Machamp and Meinsho. It can learn Focus Blast which can KO Blissey, Zoroark and Bidoof and it would find a way to KO the others. It is also a very smart Pokemon.

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    An all out brawl? Blissey would probably survive if Machamp got killed by Alakazam, which sounds very likely to me. Mienshao would probably fit that category as well, since it's so darn fragil. Bidoof would probably get eaten in the first few minutes anyway, so that's definitely out of the picture. Zoroark would be savage, but too reckless so it would get itself killed eventually.

If Wobbuffet just wanted to be a prick and spam Mirror Coat/Counter, it could so win. Jumpluff wouldn't do anything. I'll mark it with the "Eaten" category with Bidoof. That leaves Alakazam, Blissey, and Wobbuffet. Alakazam would probably die from some lucky hit by Wobbuffet. And now, it's a sitting contest.

I'll just say Blissey if it doesn't get killed by Machamp/Mienshao first. But then again, it would get targeted first because it's slow and fat. Talk about a walking punching bag.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    What if we took this further? What if there were 24 kids just like the hunger games, but in the pokemon world? They each get to take 2 pokemon in with them and it is survival of the fitest? how would you play or strategize in the game? i would bring a good sized flying type or pokemon that could fly, such as a Aerodactyl, dragonite, or Golurk. For my second type id probably bring a steel type such as steelix, Scizor, Aggron, or Bronzor. Somehthing with a durable, metal coated body, for minimal physical damage. As for strategy id probably play like Katniss, lay low, but still am able to kill when i need to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    I adored the Hunger Games Trilogy. Let me use an example from the books through. It mentioned a game where a girl did nothing but hide for the whole duration of the game, when where was only one other contestant, she stopped playing fake and dominated him. This could easily be done with one of the smaller sized pokemon. Rue as an example too. Her small size gave her the ability to hide, and her agility the ability to climb trees and jump branch to branch. If we had to judge them by first impression I think it'd come down to Alakazam's Psychic abilities and Zoroark's Illusions.

Years
  • Zoroark. Can't it appear to be other Pokemon? It could just use that to its advantage and play tricks on the others.

On a different note, even though I've never read the book and if the movie is out, I haven't seen it. But it sounds very similar to a Japanese film called Battle Royal. I've seen that movie and it was awesome, is Hunger Games similar?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Zoroark. Can't it appear to be other Pokemon? It could just use that to its advantage and play tricks on the others.

On a different note, even though I've never read the book and if the movie is out, I haven't seen it. But it sounds very similar to a Japanese film called Battle Royal. I've seen that movie and it was awesome, is Hunger Games similar?

This is a good point, but because it can't actually become that Pokemon, other than looking like something else, what's its defense? It's a matter of what purpose its ability would serve; I feel like Pokemon wouldn't focus on the mind aspect as much as just fighting so illusions might not be helpful at all.

BR is one of my favorite novels but I haven't read Hunger Games. But from people that have read both (not just seen the BR movie because it's not even close to the book in terms of quality), it seems like Hunger Games focuses more on the emotional side of it such as character relations and is less gory and brutal. Kind of like BR Lite, if you will.

Years

• This is a good point, but because it can't actually become that Pokemon, other than looking like something else, what's its defense? It's a matter of what purpose its ability would serve; I feel like Pokemon wouldn't focus on the mind aspect as much as just fighting so illusions might not be helpful at all.

BR is one of my favorite novels but I haven't read Hunger Games. But from people that have read both (not just seen the BR movie because it's not even close to the book in terms of quality), it seems like Hunger Games focuses more on the emotional side of it such as character relations and is less gory and brutal. Kind of like BR Lite, if you will.

Oooo, hmmm, I should definitely read BR... and it seems like I'd enjoy HG also...

Back to Zoroark, I feel the purpose could be sabotage. He changes his image to one of the surviving Pokemon, throws a rock at another then runs away and hides while the other Pokemon have a blood lust for one another... Kinda get their mentalities so caught up on anger they don't notice Zoroark wherever he hides? Haha, I dunno how a Pokemon mind works :/

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Alakazam and Zoroark. Alakazam with his super intellect and Zoroark would disguise into something XD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Wobuffet. He could run and hide and actually survive. If he ever faces a contestant, he could spam Mirror Coat and Counter on their face. The real threat to him only is Blissey with access to Toxic and thunder Wave, but she will be killed sonn enough by the Machamp.

Back