• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
  • Bobby got up the next morining early, thinking about the stuff that happened yesterday. Jay the legend guy, Jack the gym leader, and the weird fox girl. As he left the now empty Center he saw the people he met yesterday. They were talking about going to Celestic Town. 'I dunno if I should go with them...' Bobby thought 'After all no one even said hi to me...' Regardless Bobby decided to tag along and started walking out of Eterna. On the way out he thought he saw someone following them, but he was sure he was still half-asleep.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • "Oh, no. Looks like that little kid is on to me. Act casual, Act casual." Malic was never the most discrete of characters, as heading into things headfirst was a technique that worked better for him.

Maybe I'll introduce myself and at least find out what the rukus was about. After all, the nervous looking scarf kid was there and the awkard looking guy in the cloak was there. Man, he gave me the creeps.

Malic decided to be more obvious and called for the kid to wait up. He wasn't sure if he was listening, after all it was early in the day and even he wasn't completely awake. Stupid dream, couldn't get the image of the mansion out my mind last night. Hope I have enough energy.

Last edited:

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • Arlene had barely scrounged up enough money to eat a meal with her three Pokemon that night. She did at times give them Pokemon food, but felt that they were people too - they could all talk, after all - and that they deserved real food once in a while instead of that slop. But now, completely broke, she would be running into the same problems again soon. Snake and herself had eaten sweet and sour chicken at a nearby restaurant, Jaydin had eaten normal Pokemon food, being the modest fellow that he was, and Fate had taken to Chop Suey.

As nightfall became apparent, Arlene had decided against sleeping outside this time around - not that she had chosen to do so in the first place - and instead snuck into a hotel room. It was criminal, yes, but it was a dire emergency, possibly life or death... Her dreams were filled with the same recurring voice... It was broken and waning in her head as she slept, so much so that she could not make sense at all of the speaker's words.

At about six in the morning, Arlene woke to Jaydin licking her face.

"Come on sleepyhead, time to get rolling!" he said with his usual quirky attitude and androgynous voice. That alone was enough to get Arlene out of bed - she was a light sleeper. She quickly dressed herself in what she'd worn the previous night, and checked her backpack, ensuring that she'd kept the collective leftovers from the previous night's outing. Satisfied that the styrofoam container was secure in her pack, the vixen calmly and flung out her long hair, letting it settle after a few moments back at it's place of nearly touching halfway down her thighs. She then signaled for the team of three to follow her out of the open window.

The extraction was very careful and noiseless; all were very agile and adept at sneaking around, which Arlene thanked the nonexistent Gods for.

"Whew... Alright, now what?" Arlene began, before picking up on someone, a female voice, calling out, 'Hey, hey you, Jay!' There was silence save for the girl's rapid footsteps, but eventually the name occurred to the vixen as that of the boy that she'd seen at the mountain range yesterday. She decided that maybe since they were still around, it was a hit-or-miss to form a travel party. Arlene then turned to her trusted trio of Pokemon.

"Hey guys, check it out. Miss Sunshine and that Jay guy are still hanging around - think we should go see what's up?" she asked.

"Sounds like a plan!" Snake said happily, glad to be in the presence of company after a good month or so of travelling alone with her partners. Jaydin and Fate merely nodded their heads in agreement, and the four headed towards the proclaimed "Miss Sunshine" and Jay. The few people that were awake at the time stared at Arlene and her group, both for the fact that she was a goddamn intelligent upright-walking animal, and for the fact that she normally refused to keep her Pokemon in their balls.

((OOC: Sorry for being somewhat short. I skipped out on alot of details for the sake of moving along in the story.))

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby heard a someone yell and he turned around. Bobby was surprised to see someone following them, but stayed put as the boy wearing blue caught up. He said to himself 'I knew someone was following us, it wasn't a dream. To the others he said "Hey there's a guy trying to catch up to us." But as usual, they ignored him. "Hi, my name's Bobby." Bobby said extending his hand for the boy to shake, wondering he was doing following them.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • Jay was still way ahead of Charlie, and was oblivious to her calls. Sure, she could've chased after him but she didn't want to appear desperate or anything. She stopped for a moment, and allowed the increasing sunlight to warm her body, she hugged her Volkner jacket further around her and took a swig from her canteen. Vulpix and Drifloon were ahead, playing in the dewey grass. It was a beautiful image, with the sun shining down on them and the wet grass, their expressions joyful and their bodies graceful. She wish she had a camera, but a mental image would have to do.

Charlie sat down for a minute, she hadn't been walking long but she was tired. The dream she had had two nights ago made it difficult to sleep last night, she had stayed up thinking about it, that and Russel.
    All of a sudden Vulpix stood alert, her six tails standing tall, and with a low cry she ran off again, past Charlie, back the way they'd come. Charlie swore and followed her, not running. She was barely concerned. Drifloon followed, playing with Charlie's golden hair with his little yellow feet.

Vulpix was just ahead with a Lucario and a person, at least Charlie thought she was a person. She was curvy and blonde, but covered in orange fur. Beautiful dark orange fur that was glowing in the light, Charlie wasn't disgusted or worried, she was curious. She was fairly sure she had seen this woman yesterday with her Lucario when she was talking to Jay and the grey cloaked man, but Charlie had left before she could meet her. She approached the trio to see Vulpix wrapping herself around the fox-girls legs, eyes wide in awe and affection.

"Hi," Charlie said warily, worried of how the stranger would react "I see you've met my Vulpix. I'm Charlie Maddox of Snowpoint City. And you are?"

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • "Thanks. Name's Malic." Malic was exhausted due to the running he had to do to catch. He then noticed the kid was offering a handshake. Malic looked up to the kid a little as he was hunched over a bit. The kid was smiling eagerily. This Bobby is alot like me. Heh, nice to see someone actually smiling for once.

"Alright, nice to meet you, Bobby". He shaked his hand. Bobby seemed a little happy by the greeting.

As the sun shined in his eyes, Malic attempted to talk. "You were around the creepy mansion, I hope. Argh, stupid sun. What happened in there? And who are these people that seem to be ignoring you." Malic struggled not to curse. With the morning sun shining around spamming him in the face. All these people seem to be minding their business, but why are they walking this way? Something had to happan in that haunted mansion. The meer thought gave him the chills and gave out a strong shiver before returning his attention to short little Bobby who seemed ready to answer.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • When a Vulpix came out of nowhere, Arlene was already about to shout an order for Fate to take it down. But when it showed affection and started cuddling against her leg, the fox couldn't help but feel a sense of happiness overcome her. She lowered herself to one knee and held out her jet-black paw before the new Pokemon, watching for it's response. It approached carefully, and gave her fur a gentle lick, elliciting a giggle from Arlene.

The Vulpix then supported her front paws on Arlene's propped knee, and began pawing the air at her, seeking attention. Still giggling quietly, the vixen nosed the newcomer a little, then scritched underneath her chin, which she enjoyed gratefully.

"Hi," a familiar voice said, "I see you've met my Vulpix. I'm Charlie Maddox of Snowpoint City. And you are?"

Arlene smiled and rose, letting the Vulpix slide off of her knee carefully. "My name is Arlene Sanders, I'm from Pallet Town, of Kanto," she said gently, speaking in a voice so silky and delicate that her entire image could have been thrown into question - combat boots especially included in this.

In order from left-to-right as if on command, all three of Arlene's Pokemon took roll of themselves. The Lucario, Linoone, and Ninetales all mentioned their own names, respectively; Snake in her usual bubbly, feminine voice, Jaydin in his not-too-girly-not-too-manly tone, and Fate in his deep bellow that seemed to vibrate the earth beneath them.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • Charlie nodded at Arlene, she couldn't stop thinking about how pretty her fur was, and was curious as to how soft it was. Charlie shook the thoughts away, examing her Pokemon trio. They were impressive and in fantastic condition she noted, her Ninetales was of particular interest to Charlie, as it was the evolved form of Vulpix. She also had a Linoone and Lucario.

Charlie's Vulpix removed herself from Arlene's lap and ran over to her beloved trainer, launching herself into Charlie's familiar arms. Charlie snuggled her face into Vulpix's fur, thinking about the fox-woman. Hundreds of questions entered her mind, but she only asked one

"What brings you to Sinnoh?"

it was a fair enough question, thought Charlie, not personal at all. It wasn't like Kanto was next door to Sinnoh, it was a far way to journey without a real purpose. Charlie was sure Arlene had been near to her, Jay and the grey-cloaked man yesterday, she recognized her silky voice. She was curious to find out if Arlene knew where Jay was headed, but knowing what little Charlie knew of Jay, she doubted it.

She cleared her thoughts, waiting for Arlene's answer

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby explained what was going on to the newly arrived Malic as they caught up with the others: "Well, the guy with the really big scarf is named Jay and he asked the creepy guy with the black cape if he knows a place where legends begin. The creepy guy who's name is Jake, said that Celestic Town would be a good place to look, so we're headed there now!" Bobby also introduce everyone else "The girl talking with the girl in orange is named Charlie, but I don't know what the orange chic's name is, sorry." Bobby was starting to warm up to Malic, as he was the first person in Sinnoh to actually notice him. Spontaniously he said "Hey want to come with us? You look really strong and we could use another good fighter."

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • "I have a great love for Pokemon in general and in all life on this planet," Arlene began, "I want to see it all. I want to enjoy the entirety of the realm we live in. And... On a side note... I've been robbed and I would love to know what happened to my stuff."

"May I help you?" Fate mused jokingly, offering a goofy smile to Vulpix as it stared back at him. Despite his foreboding, imposing appearance, Fate was a very goofy Pokemon at heart, and he showed it with his toothy grin at Charlie's companion. There was a silent standoff between the two Pokemon for a moment, before Vulpix yawned her name at the Ninetales. Whatever she said, it must have embarrassed Fate - he blushed violently and gave a concerned look to Vulpix.

Arlene piped up, "What is it, buddy?" as she faced her Ninetales. There was a sort of grimace painted onto the Pokemon's face for a moment, before he answered his partner, "She says I'm fat."

Unfortunately for Fate, it was slightly true. He was not even close to overweight - barely above average weight for a Ninetales - but he had been eating alot of human food lately, thanks to Arlene's generosity. The vixen giggled and nodded at Fate, "She's right you know! You're cute with a little belly on you though!"

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • "Well, Bobby. I have nothing better to do. So I might as well join you guys." Malic was pleased that Bobby was fairly helpful. Unlike the scarf boy or Jay, Bobby displayed a degree of confidence that made Malic respected. Legends, eh. Never heard that before. Better not think too hard. I remembered the last time I tried that. I had a headache for three days.

Malic surveyed the area. The group seemed to have stopped due to the girls talking. Malic thought the one girls was fairly attractive and would attempt to cause a discussion, but he didn't want to leave Bobby hanging. He already crushed one kid's dreams in his battle yesterday and would rather prevent it from happening again. He instead turned to Bobby and smiled a bit. Also, the fact she was holding a male-like jacket was disheartening and her discussion with the other person seemed important. Being rude was easy for Malic, but he would rather avoid it when it comes to girls.

The other things that caught his attention was the new person's appearance. At first glance, he thought it was a pokemon suggesting by the fur and such. Well, too bad for that girl, but I like my women human. Stop Malic, you should be nice. Only way you are gonna make any friends. Malic sighed and then returned his focus on the girls. The cute girl and the pokemon-like girl asbored most of attention all the while trying to maintain his conversation with Bobby.

"So Bobby. What brings you to Sinnoh? I get the feeling you are from Johto." Malic stated this while maintaining his focus on the girls.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • "You were robbed? When? Where? That's horrible," Charlie cried, outraged. People could be so horrible, Charlie thought. She absentmindedly rubbed her Vulpix's ears and then set her down to chat more seriously.

Charlie watched the exchange between the beautiful Ninetales and her Vulpix. When Arlene revealed what her Vulpix had said, she scowled at the little brown Pokemon, chiding her.

"Play nice 'Pix," she growled in a low voice and then turned to Arlene again "Sorry, she's really young. I've only had her for six months or so and I was given her when she was just hatched. I hope your Ninetales isn't upset" Charlie looked at the cream coloured Pokemon and offered her hand to it, her face apologetic. Fate butted Charlie's hand with his nose and Charlie giggled,

"Where are you all headed?" she asked the group

Years
  • Jake slowly stirred awake again, having had another night of weird, senseless dreams. He had indeed camped out, not in the forest- heaven forbid- but in the small stretch of grassland between Eterna City and Mt. Coronet. He looked back toward the city, and saw most, if not all, of the people who had been around last night. He stretched and yawned as he waited for his Pokemon to wake up too.

He looked up towards Mt. Coronet. He had to head north through the mountain's cavern, which would put him on the long, snowy path to Snowpoint City. "Well, let's go, guys. We need to hurry up if we wanna get to the Battle Park." Jake walked towards the cave entrance, but turned around; his Absol refused to move any closer to the cavern. "What's up? Aren't you coming, Absol?" the Gym Leader asked, irritated. The Pokemon turned and walked back towards Eterna City. Well... maybe this has something to do with these weird dreams. Besides, I should probably trust Absol. I mean, it is the Disaster Pokemon... Reluctantly, Jake turned around and followed Absol back towards the town, Houndoom and Weavile sticking close behind him.

He stopped as he passed the statue of two dragon Pokemon fighting. He turned and walked up the stairs to approach the figure. He closed his eyes and spoke aloud to himself:

"Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon, and Palkia, the Spatial Pokemon. Symbolizing time and space, respectively. Time is said to have begun moving with the birth of Dialga; Palkia is said to reside in a rift in the dimensions, parallel to our own. Two Pokemon with no reason to meet; so why are they depicted fighting?" He found himself standing there, admiring the craftsmanship of the statue as he pondered its significance, its legend. It was one of the things he loved about traveling.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • As Charlie held out her hand, Fate grinned a little and nosed at it, butting his nose into her palm. "No, I'm not upset, thank you for your concern though," Fate said plain-as-day, smiling at Charlie and cocking his head to one side. His voice was once again cheerful, and he absently looked back down at Vulpix, his head cocked still. Snake, meanwhile, was busy looking towards the newcomers - Malic and Bobby - with a curious expression in her eyes. Jaydin was just rolling around lazily in the grass, plain happy to be alive.

Snake poked Arlene's shoulder, and she turned to face her Pokemon. "We have guests," the Lucario said quietly as the two boys behind would not hear her. Arlene then turned about-face towards the two newcomers, giving them a simple wave to acknowledge their presence, then turned back to Charlie.

"We were headed for Mount Coronet before my Pokegear was stolen with the rest of my stuff... I just kind of fell asleep in the middle of the road, no idea how I got there..." Arlene said worriedly, "I'll have to find it, or I'll have to head back home to Kanto with my uncle." Of course, Orion was not really Arlene's uncle, but she and he were very close and she liked to think of it that way. And the fact that they remained in contact via Pokegear was a tip-off that Arlene had journeyed through Kanto, to Johto, even possibly Hoenn, before arriving in Sinnoh.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • "Damn, thats horrible, Pokegear aren't exactly cheap either. We'll help you look for it, if you'd like. We're heading through Mt Coronet to get to Celestic Town, on our way to Sunnyshore," Charlie explained whilst looking over her shoulder for her Drifloon. Children were starting to run into the field, ready to battle each other, faces bright and excited. Uh oh.

Vulpix looked at Fate sheepishly, as if she had only just understood what she'd said. She was aware that she was related, species wise to this Pokemon, but she was still unsure of it. Vulpix approached Fate, her eyes curious, she butted her head against his body and scampered away playfully crying her name.

Charlie was unaware of this encounter, she was looking for her Drifloon.

"'Floon?" she called, her voice nervous. She turned to Arlene, which drew her attention momentarily to two teenage boys. "Did you see where my Drifloon got to?" Charlie asked, panic rising in her voice "he has a nasty habit of dragging kids away," she admitted.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • As Fate ran off to play with Charlie's Vulpix, Arlene put up her paw to her chin for a moment, apparently in the process of thought. She quirked a brow towards Jaydin, who was still lazily rolling in the grass. She spoke up, "Hey, Jaydin!"

"Yes ma'am?" Jaydin said respectfully, dropping his playful attitude for the moment being. There was work for him, judging by the sound of Arlene's voice; and he had been itching for action of some kind for a few days now. He propped himself down on his hind legs, using his small forelegs to sit in what resembled a dog beging for a treat.

"Would you care to scout around here and see if you can find any Drifloons carrying children away?"

"Of course!"

And with that, Jaydin darted off at the speed of a cheetah, no more or less, into the flora-rich environment. Arlene chuckled at the thought of Jaydin running into trees while running so fast, which he did commonly; he was clumsy and usually forgot that he couldn't turn very well while running so quickly. It was the general shortcoming of being a Linoone, Arlene had learned over time. "Jaydin will keep an eye on Drifloon for you," Arlene noted, "He's got a great nose for other Pokemon."

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • "You're right, I am from Johto. I came to Sinnoh as I had heard that there are some pretty strong Pokemon here." Bobby said to a distracted Malic. 'Dude's checkn out the girls' thought Bobby. 'Well they are pretty cute!'

Totodile jumped on Bobby's shoulder, jelous of the attention Bobby was giving Malic. Bobby started scratching Totodile on his snout, when he noticed that Charlie was starting to look paniced. "Hey I wonder what's going on?" Bobby said to Malic.

They both wondered over to the girls. "Hey, what happened?" Bobby asked Charlie. But as usual she ignored him. Most girls did, so Bobby wasn't too hurt. But the fact that she seemed to be looking for Drifloon caused Bobby to be worried about the Pokemon. "Hey why don't you ask them what's going on?" he said to Malic. "This will be a good way for you to introduce yourself to the group, as they won't notice me." Bobby said with chuckle.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • Charlie turned to the two boys, the younger one had asked her a question "My drifloon has disappeared. He's probably off trying to kidnap some kids, he just likes to make friends and all. But Arlene's Linoone is off looking for him," she shot a grateful look at Arlene and cupped her hands over her eyes to search for any purple balloons. The horizon was clear. It looked like it was nine, or even ten o' clock.

"You should've told Jaydin to drag my Drifloon back by his foot. He likes that, " she joked to Arlene. Charlie turned to the two boys and introduced herself

"Hi, I'm Charlie Maddox of Snowpoint City." The boys looked to be her age, the taller one a bit older perhaps. She was pretty sure she'd seen the shorter one around before, the one who had asked her a question, but she'd been too frantic to talk to him.

Charlie looked casually over at Vulpix and Fate, the pair looked like they were having a great time, Charlie was glad that Vulpix had made nice.

I really hope 'Floon is okay she thought.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Hmm....I like this kid. Heh. At least he thinks like a guy.

Malic turned to Bobby and simply nodded his head with a huge grin, giving him a don't worry kind of look. He was to do something he learned to do well, assume control of the situation.

"Excuse me ladies" Malic interjected. He tried to be as polite as possible as to make a good first impression. "My friend, Bobby, and myself heard of the recent trouble of a lost pokemon. Any way to help or is this like scenario under control?"

Malic was admittedly worried for a few reasons. He was worried that he was behind on the news. He was too far busy staring at the girls and his conversation with Bobby. He wanted to help the girl because lost pokemon are a big deal. His second concern was the impression Bobby and himself left. Was he too strong and would they still ignore the kid?

Regardless, Malic was determined to help and make himself known in this group. If I am going to do this strange legend mission, I better have a few friends.

Years
  • Jake looked away from the statue, and noticed Absol walking away again. Exasperated, he took off after the Pokemon. "Absol, what's gotten into you today?" he asked, following it towards a rather worried looking congregation of Trainers.

"Uh, I'm sorry," Jake said as he caught up to his Absol, which had led him straight to the small group; two boys and two girls. They were definitely part of the group from last night; at the very least, he definitely recognized the fox girl. "Is anything the matter here? I can only assume there is; my Absol has a nose for trouble, per se." His Weavile began taunting the Absol, which calmly ignored it. "So, is there anything you need some help with?"

I don't know what Absol wants me to do, but I suppose I'm not going to be able to get out of here until it's done... thought Jake as he awaited a response.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back