• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Hi! I was thinking maybe replace Steven's pokemon with:

Cradily -> Aggron
    Aerodactyl -> Empoleon

Aggron being Steven's og pokemon and Empoleon since Steven would need a surfing mon.

To just make sure its properly all steel types and maybe add a Skarmory evolution?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Well champions always have a flying and surfing mon so they could get by through the region. Steven has skarmory for air transportation, but through water, he doesn't.
    Storywise and coverage-wise, it fits since armaldo was his original pokemon that has surf but is not in the inclement emerald team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

As for the Eon Flute thing...I know that Fly is readily available as-is, I just think Soaring would be neat to have as an alternative. ORAS had both, after all.
    I probably won't add soaring as the only GBA version is more of a tech demo than a finished feature (though it's still very impressive). I do have an improved Fly system for 2.0 though:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Woow Buffel Saft, i played your rom hack XY: Eternal X,

and now Inclement Emerald. Your rom hacks are one of the best.

Thank you for this! I hope the update will come fast :D
    Thanks! Happy to hear you like my hacks. I'm making steady progress on the next update, but development's not as fast as it was in covid lockdown.
    Hi! I was thinking maybe replace Steven's pokemon with:

Cradily -> Aggron
    Aerodactyl -> Empoleon

Aggron being Steven's og pokemon and Empoleon since Steven would need a surfing mon.

To just make sure its properly all steel types and maybe add a Skarmory evolution?
    Hey, I like Steven having a bit of type variety, makes for a more interesting battle IMO. Never noticed the Champions all having Fly and Surf mons, that's interesting! I'm not planning to add custom evolutions for mons other than megas for now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    I probably won't add soaring as the only GBA version is more of a tech demo than a finished feature (though it's still very impressive). I do have an improved Fly system for 2.0 though:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

I see...that's looking really good!
    Also, I hope I'm not a bother for asking, but when will 2.0 release?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    And that's also the problem with Wallace as he has no fly. Always thought a Drizzle Pelipper was in his lineup but those weren't added until later gens.

Also:
    Correction to me: it was Steven's Aggron that has surf not Armaldo.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Suggestion: have the game automatically ask the player whether they'd like to save after certain milestones (defeating a major trainer, catching a legendary and such). Pokemon not doing that feels ancient even for early 2000s standards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Suggestion: have the game automatically ask the player whether they'd like to save after certain milestones (defeating a major trainer, catching a legendary and such). Pokemon not doing that feels ancient even for early 2000s standards.
    Not something I'd do I think; that feature would annoy me almost as much as the Poke Nav calls haha. If I added auto save it'd happen quietly in the background (with an option to turn it on or off), and I'm sure that would lead to lots of confusion and complaints.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Would it be possible to make the Pokedex show what egg moves the first stage of a given Pokemon can learn? Technically they are a part of later stages' learnset thanks to breedless egg move sharing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Would it be possible to make the Pokedex show what egg moves the first stage of a given Pokemon can learn? Technically they are a part of later stages' learnset thanks to breedless egg move sharing.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it not doing that is an oversight, should be easy enough.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ehi buffle saft
    Will the BF be added in an upcoming patch?
    The Frontier is planned for version 3.0. I want to be sure the battle engine is stable before releasing a feature that so heavily punishes losses - you wouldn't want to lose a 50+ streak to a bug!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    The Frontier is planned for version 3.0. I want to be sure the battle engine is stable before releasing a feature that so heavily punishes losses - you wouldn't want to lose a 50+ streak to a bug!

Thank you for the answer man
    Totally appreciate your cautiousness. Hope It comes out soon

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Could you consider giving Metagross shift gear or switching out light metal for something else? Between the explosion nerf and the steel nerf and the meteor mash nerf and having a meh stab combination and being weak to common coverage my boy is languishing in RU which feels bad for such a cool psudo legendary.

You could replace light metal (which afaik does literally nothing; still takes full damage from low kick/grass not because of its weight). Neuroforce might be fitting, since its a supercomputer or even bulletproof would help a bit (shadow ball, metagross really hates the psychic typing). Tough claws/sheer force/iron fist all might be a bit op, though honestly ig giving it shift gear would help quite a bit

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Could you consider giving Metagross shift gear or switching out light metal for something else? Between the explosion nerf and the steel nerf and the meteor mash nerf and having a meh stab combination and being weak to common coverage my boy is languishing in RU which feels bad for such a cool psudo legendary.

You could replace light metal (which afaik does literally nothing; still takes full damage from low kick/grass not because of its weight). Neuroforce might be fitting, since its a supercomputer or even bulletproof would help a bit (shadow ball, metagross really hates the psychic typing). Tough claws/sheer force/iron fist all might be a bit op, though honestly ig giving it shift gear would help quite a bit
    Hey, I'd consider switching out Light Metal for something - will probably do that! I wouldn't give it Shift Gear though, I think that would make its already strong mega a bit too strong.

Back