• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Quick question: If I have a save from the current version, and then later on I update my game with the next release will the save still be compatible? Or should I hold on until next release, because I really want to play with some gen 8 mons, which I see are coming next, but I don't know if I should wait to start my playthrough.

iirc, buffet has said 2.0 will break save file compatibility.

Days
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So I forgot about the bug with Bug Bite deleting items and lost my Soothe Bell. Is there a way to spawn a new one in or at least acquire one later in the game? Or am I just out of luck there (not the end of the world if that's the case but is useful to know).

Days
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Hey, first of all I just wanna say this is a great romhack probably one of the best I've played (even though I haven't played that many lol).

I noticed that a lot of Pokémon got buffs in this romhack like Raichu now can use light ball (probably my favorite buff) but mons like nidoking/queen didn't get any. Nidoking is a Great Wall breaker with sheer force + life orb but it struggles due to mid speed which gets it ko'd before it can fire off attacks. And nidoqueen struggles because all of its stats are just kind of mid.

To fix this I would give nidoking a speed buff (not that much maybe just give it 100 speed) and give nidoqueen more bulk.

Also, I noticed flygon hg somehow looking at his opponents Pokémon stats in his highlights channel (not docs, he looked at the stats in-game) and I was just wondering how is this possible?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I forgot about the bug with Bug Bite deleting items and lost my Soothe Bell. Is there a way to spawn a new one in or at least acquire one later in the game? Or am I just out of luck there (not the end of the world if that's the case but is useful to know).
    Hey, that's the only one unfortunately. You could trade or use a cheat code to get another one.
    Hey, first of all I just wanna say this is a great romhack probably one of the best I've played (even though I haven't played that many lol).

I noticed that a lot of Pokémon got buffs in this romhack like Raichu now can use light ball (probably my favorite buff) but mons like nidoking/queen didn't get any. Nidoking is a Great Wall breaker with sheer force + life orb but it struggles due to mid speed which gets it ko'd before it can fire off attacks. And nidoqueen struggles because all of its stats are just kind of mid.

To fix this I would give nidoking a speed buff (not that much maybe just give it 100 speed) and give nidoqueen more bulk.

Also, I noticed flygon hg somehow looking at his opponents Pokémon stats in his highlights channel (not docs, he looked at the stats in-game) and I was just wondering how is this possible?
    Hey, thanks! Nidoking and Nidoqueen did get a buff; they both have access to Dragon Dance in IE, so if you want them to be faster that's the way to do it! A lot of tutor move additions aren't documented because there are just too many thanks to dexit.

Flygonhg has never played Inclement, he's played a mod of it that has cheats built in. That is not a feature in my hack.

Days
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Love the hack, but where is the Good Rod? The fisherman who gives it to you now gives out Gyaradosite and I can't find any documentation telling me where it is now.

Days
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Hello Buffel,

I'm nuzlocking this game right now (just lost my starter and 3 other mons to lucy lol) and I want to know how the switch AI works (how they decide what to send in) so I can make concrete strategies that work all the time. Is it the same as modern generations or is it changed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Love the hack, but where is the Good Rod? The fisherman who gives it to you now gives out Gyaradosite and I can't find any documentation telling me where it is now.
    That's covered in the "Item Locations" document!
    Hello Buffel,

I'm nuzlocking this game right now (just lost my starter and 3 other mons to lucy lol) and I want to know how the switch AI works (how they decide what to send in) so I can make concrete strategies that work all the time. Is it the same as modern generations or is it changed?
    Hey, the AI is custom. A lot of it is currently broken/buggy/not very smart though, so it behaves erratically and may do things that make no sense. It'll always have some randomness even after I've fixed it, but currently there's no guarantee it will even do what the code says it will do (probably due to this issue).

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Are any sort of changes to Water Sport and Mud Sport on the table? I was thinking that having them last 8 turns and reduce damage by 75% would let them be usable ever, instead of being learnset cruft even at very low levels.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Hello, first time here, I'm Brazilian and I'm using Google translator so I'm sorry if I have any mistakes in writing, I would like to say that this is my favorite hackroom, but there is a small thing What is bothering me, I don't know how to get the mr.mime, so there's no way I can complete the Pokedex, can you help me with that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is it possible to get on the other side of Dewford Manor? I feel like there's more to it than that little apace.
    Not at the moment. The tileset it uses doesn't come with a nice way to link the existing area to the basement, so it's just that space until I make some stair tiles for it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey Buffel Saft,

my last post here was on January 2022. I didn't read what I've missed. So let's keep it casual. Do you still have fun with coding your hack or do you feel like "meh" and just focus more on your life outside of hacking? Are you happy with your progress so far (which I mean around a year and a half)?

Also your response "whenever it's ready" should be a default reply (preferably by a bot) to when a new version is going to release lol. The release date should ideally be announced by a rom hacker but always close to release. You're doing this for free as far as I know and certainly no one is pushing you to do anything. That's just my opinion. This doesn't mean I'm calling someone out. Peace

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey Buffel Saft,

my last post here was on January 2022. I didn't read what I've missed. So let's keep it casual. Do you still have fun with coding your hack or do you feel like "meh" and just focus more on your life outside of hacking? Are you happy with your progress so far (which I mean around a year and a half)?

Also your response "whenever it's ready" should be a default reply (preferably by a bot) to when a new version is going to release lol. The release date should ideally be announced by a rom hacker but always close to release. You're doing this for free as far as I know and certainly no one is pushing you to do anything. That's just my opinion. This doesn't mean I'm calling someone out. Peace
    Hey, yeah I'm still enjoying working on it. Not overly happy with my progress looking at it that way (it's really been a year a and a half? Haha), but life's gotten in the way a bit lately. I'm out of the house 11 hours a day for work which doesn't leave a lot of free time for hacking, and the last 8 months or so have been a rough time (illness, death in the family, a cyclone, violence), so given all that I've done quite a bit. Will have a lot more free time soon so that will help.

Haha yeah, I won't be announcing a release until it's done. I won't know when that will be until the hack is ready.

Here's a few screens of recent-ish progress though:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, yeah I'm still enjoying working on it. Not overly happy with my progress looking at it that way (it's really been a year a and a half? Haha), but life's gotten in the way a bit lately. I'm out of the house 11 hours a day for work which doesn't leave a lot of free time for hacking, and the last 8 months or so have been a rough time (illness, death in the family, a cyclone, violence), so given all that I've done quite a bit. Will have a lot more free time soon so that will help.

Haha yeah, I won't be announcing a release until it's done. I won't know when that will be until the hack is ready.

Here's a few screens of recent-ish progress though:

Oh my goodness, that mega Parasect sprite looks AMAZING!

Days
    • they/them
    • Seen Sep 13, 2023
    Hey I made this account just to voice how much I love this hack. It's amazing, very thankful I got to play it. If the Battle Frontier is ever implemented I'll be all over that version too. :)

Back