• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • People are saying that Pokémon is ruined forever! Pokémon is ruined... FOREVER!

See what I did there? You know, people are allowed to complain about the direction the series is taking if they want to. Of course, you're allowed to make fun of them, too.

Wasn't that supposed to be the point of this thread? I mean, now some people are taking this seriously. Tis' not his view on pokemon, and is a parody (A sadly accurate one, though) of everyone who complains about the stuff in the thread.

Wasn't sure if you were backing NC up, or not.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Honestly, I think Pokemon was ruined more by message boards and fansites than anything else. I'm not saying they meant to do it, but alot of things they did, such as tiers and attacking people that constructively criticize the anime and games really took alot of enjoyment out of the franchise.

People are saying that Pokémon is ruined forever! Pokémon is ruined... FOREVER!

See what I did there? You know, people are allowed to complain about the direction the series is taking if they want to. Of course, you're allowed to make fun of them, too.

This topic isn't saying people can't have complaints. It's more about the fact that people are particularly obnoxious about their complaints and that they heavily criticise things (and mock Game Freak) for things that they don't know much about yet (e.g. 3v3 battles) or really insignificant things (Tin Tower was translated as Bell Tower). And all in all yell 'Ruined FOREVER!'

And I have seen people yell those exact words without referencing this trope, all too many times.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Yeah, well, just as there are people who make idiotic complaints, there are people who say that legitimate complaints are idiotic complaints.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Meh... People are always going to hate on new things coming out. The same thing happens in about every series. Final Fantasy, Sonic the Hedgehog, Legend of Zelda...

The list goes on and on. Personally I've always loved the new things they come up with. Seriously each new generation was my favorite until the next came out.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    What I see here is mostly a list of fictional complaints and a list of legitimate complaints.

9 year old fans blame their mediocre games on older fan's "nostalgia". Pokemon is ruined... FOREVER.
    I agree. It seems that every single time Pokemon makes a bad move somewhere, there's always some little kid dismissing the complaints as "Nostalgia". I'm sorry, but the fact that I don't like a lot of the newer designs is because they look like crap, not because they're newer. If you wanted me to like Rhyperior, make it look like something other than a freaking toilet seat or flip-top garbage can!

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Honey, Those games were ruined when you bought them, Mhm. *Snaps fingers a few times in a circle around face. [Cat in the Hat] :D

[EDIT]Do Kids even know what Nostalgia is? Hah. WTF.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • The pokemon in D/P/P didn't look as cool as the earlier ones, but I still accepted them. It's surprisingly not all about the pokemon look in pokemon, it's how they act, attack, and battle

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • it's probably been said already but... haters gonna hate :P

I think the key to enjoying the franchise is to not listen to what every one else's opinion on the new gen is and appreciating it as it is. I'm pretty sure Gen V is going to be good.

Back