• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Nikorasu said:
    You have to admit, pokemon did mess up quite alot...

The original anime team, Brock, misty and ash were amzing

251 pokemon were amazing. But that was where it needed to stop...

Then more came... The RSE pokemon... they were ok... but over the top.

Then pokemon pummets down and crashes. P/D/Pt were released.

No-one, is amused.

I have never seen a point proven as gloriously as this one. I mean... wow. This embodies what the first post is mocking, I believe, or at least that's how I see it.

I rather like the changes made to pokemon. Like I keep saying, if they hadn't done what they did, then either Pokemon wouldn't be here, or everyone would be whining about not having variety.

Oh, this game is the same thing as the last! Ruined... FOREVER!

Where are the new pokemon!? They were there in the 2nd Gen! Ruined... FOREVER!

And probably more, but I can't really get into the mind of a complaining 'fanboy'. (4th gen is my favorite, and I'm liking 5th gen a lot. I think it might be my favorite. Oh, I know for sharing my own opinion, I'll get trolled, since my favorite generation isn't the first or the second.)

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • You have to admit, pokemon did mess up quite alot...

The original anime team, Brock, misty and ash were amzing :D

251 pokemon were amazing. But that was where it needed to stop...

Then more came... The RSE pokemon... they were ok... but over the top.

Then pokemon pummets down and crashes. P/D/Pt were released.

No-one, is amused.

Oh lord. This guy needs to get his head checked. Sereously people.

GEN1: For the time, they were amazing, but has anyone gone back and played them? They're messes! And don't get me started on the Anime... It's as if the people who made the anime NEVER PLAYED POKEMON AT ALL! I mean, COME ON! "Aim for the horn" anyone? "Turning on sprinklers makes Onix hittable by Pikachu"?

GEN2: Incredable for their time, got most of us into pokemon (Including me), but SEREOSLY. If I've said it once, I've said it A THOUSAND TIMES: THEY ARE OVERRATED! And at this point the anime was... getting BETTER for sure, but still a bit lacking.

GEN3: They took a leap with this one, and while it didn't go well with the fans, playing Gen3 was much better. Water was annoying, but look: HALF the routes are water. And the theme of the game is - wait for it - LAND AGAINST WATER. Makes sence? Orange Islands would have had more for sure. Meanwhile, the anime was starting to be more game based (Well, as much as an anime based on a game series can be... they had less potential cruelty for one).

GEN4: They patched up almost all of Gen3's problems in this. DP had it's share, but Platinum fixed almost all remaining Gen4 problems (Aside Contests, but methinks they wanted to make them Anime based for a changed). The anime? Well, I can't say "Go watch it" (It is a kid's series, and you are not a kid anymore, so you'd judge it differently), but there is a lot more similarities between Game and Anime.

Gen5: Unown (he he). It LOOKS good, but I don't judge a game by graphics.

Years
  • The people who refuse to like any pokémon outside the first 151 wind me up a bit. Aside from the fact that G/S/C were arguably the best games churned out, they'd be really complaining if they kept releasing new titles without new Pokémon/regions and they'd be even more annoyed if they stopped making them altogether - Pah! Plus, the design has markedly improved from what I've seen on the Generation V pokemon upon what it was in Generation IV.

Years
  • i dont think pokemon will ever be ruined. even if old fans leave pokemon, new fans will join, cos lets face it, pokemon appeals to small kids

GarthHux

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Just want to say thanks for the post

Thanks for that post I learnt alot

Years
  • I shall input my two cents.
    Pokemon was forever ruined when Satoshi Tajiri was born. *Runs*
    (Do note the sarcasm)

*shot*

Ongoing, 2010 - ALL the new Pokémon look stupid and like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!
    I agree with this x1000
    They do look pretty ridiculous.
    It's fun to compare how awesome the first 151 pokes were to the ones in RSE, like art/design wise XD And the new pokes in D/P are just a joke to me (most of em)

Years
  • *shot*

I agree with this x1000
    It's fun to compare how awesome the first 151 pokes were to the ones in RSE, like art/design wise XD And the new pokes in D/P are just a joke to me (most of em)

I do see what you mean, but I think the problem is that there is no continuity. The style of art used for the Pokémon changes each generation which is slightly annoying as I'm so warmed to the original style.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Thats what makes the games unique though in each generation.Yeah the stylings change, maybe because after Digimon was done, some of the concept artists were enlisted into Game Freak's ranks.Have you ever thought what would happen if everything about pokemon was the same as the last game?Fans around the world would stop playing, and the series would ultimately end because there was no 'pizazz' in the next game to keep the gamers interested.Some people should be happy about the changes.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I agree with this x1000

I know, eh! A fish with a horn is so cool! I mean, add a horn to something and it gets better instantly! I mean, GF did it a whole bunch of times in the first 151, so it must be good! Seel, Goldeen...I could keep going forever!

And, man, the 151 were such non-jokes. Diglett evolving into three Diglett as Dugtrio? Magnemite evolving into three Magnemite as Magneton? MAN, THAT WAS SO LEGENDARY.

The first 151 were more jokes than any of the others. Get rid of those nostalgia goggles and look at them objectively, please and thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    if they make it in 3D ill be super sad.....and they actually are starting to look rediculous: Example: Rhyperior, Magmortar, Tangrowth......in other words they need to leave current pokemon alone and stop trying to make new pokemon look so techno.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • I actually kind of like the complexity of some of the later Pogeyman designs (gen 4 over gen 3), but then they go too far... ew, Rhypherior. Zekwhatever and Crotchram? Ugh.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Add in another one to your list, NC. People are crying over the triple battles, but I think you know that by now. Whenever anything changes, even the slightest thing, then about everyone seems to complain. *Sigh*

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • This thread is...depressing...I mean the Opening Post is beautiful and despite some of the exemples being stretches the point is proven so well as to how people just love to complain and then will complain about how what they're complaining about isn't enough like what they used to be complaining about until they have something else to complain about on the basis of their past complaints will always be the best...

The reason why it's depressing is because of all the people who are convinced that you, Ninja Caterpie, are serious and that these are legitimite complaints. >.<

The OP is satire people. :P

Edit: I take it back, sadly none of the examples are streches.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • This thread is...depressing...I mean the Opening Post is beautiful and despite some of the exemples being stretches the point is proven so well as to how people just love to complain and then will complain about how what they're complaining about isn't enough like what they used to be complaining about until they have something else to complain about on the basis of their past complaints will always be the best...

The reason why it's depressing is because of all the people who are convinced that you, Ninja Caterpie, are serious and that these are legitimite complaints. >.<

The OP is satire people. :P

Edit: I take it back, sadly none of the examples are streches.

Well, all I have to say is... welcome to the Pokemon 'Fandom'. No matter how ridiculous the complaint, it will be there. Trust me. You just have to look hard enough, and it will be known.

This thread has complaints over a parody of complaints, as well as backing up claims of a complaint that isn't even his, even stated in his first post. It's hilarious, really. Sad, but hilarious.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Well, all I have to say is... welcome to the Pokemon 'Fandom'. No matter how ridiculous the complaint, it will be there. Trust me. You just have to look hard enough, and it will be known.

This thread has complaints over a parody of complaints, as well as backing up claims of a complaint that isn't even his, even stated in his first post. It's hilarious, really. Sad, but hilarious.

Oh I'm not new to the Pokemon Fandom in anyway but that doesn't mean it doesn't continue to make me facepalm day in and day out. Well that's not totally fair, there's alot of intelligent people on here but we're all given a bad name by a fair few.

Back