• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Spirit Shackle doesn't do any damage. If this move has a high critical hit chance, then it's best to set its power to 80.
    Thanks for the report. This was a bug. Since Spirit Shackle is a specific move and no oponent use, I gonna fix on v2.1.6

Metal Burst and Comeuppance have a Gen 4 battle effect. You could change them to the Endeaver battle effect and maybe lower its PP to 5 for v3.0.
    Hmmm, I didn't like this idea. I believe that these moves works more like a Counter than Endeavor. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Any chance of you adding Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to the game?
    of course! I want to add it on version 2.2. Currently, I have no plans to add on bugfix versions like v2.1.6

Quick question: how do I change Paldean Tauros' form? Or can I find it elsewhere?
    Like official games, you can't change Tauros forms. You need to find in other places/breed.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I'm glad you update Pokemon Island to v2.1.5 FL. I start playing this game again 1-2 days ago.

Houndour learned Counter too. It's not necessary to have Pokemon more than one physical Counter move. How about a Mirror Coat battle effect instead? If you insist on keeping a physical counter move, then remove Counter From Houndour's Egg moves. Houndour learned Comeuppance by level.

EDIT: If Counter is a TM in Pokemon Island, make Houndour and Houndoom forget that move too.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm glad you update Pokemon Island to v2.1.5 FL. I start playing this game again 1-2 days ago.
    Nice! But there are only bugfixes from v2.1.4 to v2.1.5. The v2.1.4/v2.1.5 have all gen 9 pokémon backsprites, so this is a good opportunity to use these pokémon.

Houndour learned Counter too. It's not necessary to have Pokemon more than one physical Counter move. How about a Mirror Coat battle effect instead? If you insist on keeping a physical counter move, then remove Counter From Houndour's Egg moves. Houndour learned Comeuppance by level.

EDIT: If Counter is a TM in Pokemon Island, make Houndour and Houndoom forget that move too.
    Hmmm, I don't think that this worth it.

There is a Counter TM on Island, since Island was all TMs/Move Tutors (with a few from RBY and GSC missing) and Houndour/Houndoom learn it. Still, Comeuppance is easier since it's by level. Honchkrow/Mabosstiff/Hisuian Zorua don't learn Counter and learn Comeuppance. In fact, the only pokémon which learn both are Houndour/Houndoom

I don't see why removing it for egg moves/TMs, maybe a player prefer to breed/pay to learn this move rather than level up. There are many similar move and combination, if I start looking for these combinations, I gonna spend a huge time on small stuff since there are more than 700 moves and more than 1000 pokémon. Besides, I didn't remove (intentionally) any move for any movepool or changed learn level, but I probably add very few ones on v2.2, like Meowth having just Fake Out as damage move in initial levels.

But thanks for the idea!

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Delcatty's level list is not updated to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl level list.

The Battle Tower uses Trainer's team Pokemon from Pokemon Emerald. I notice a Raticate learns Pursuit only in the Battle Tower. I hope you update the battle tower trainers to Gen 9 for v2.2.

There is a grammar bug inside the Battle Tower after beating an opponent trainer from Numbers 1 thru 6:

Incorrect example: # of total

Correct example: # wins

If by the number of wins, I mean 'wins straight'. If the word 'win' is already in the text, replace 'of' with 'in'.

I hope you keep the evolution line the same as Gen 3.

Ex. A team of Starly, Mankey, and Purrloin from Battle 1.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Delcatty's level list is not updated to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl level list.
    Good catch! It probably will be fixed on v2.2.

The Battle Tower uses Trainer's team Pokemon from Pokemon Emerald. I notice a Raticate learns Pursuit only in the Battle Tower.
    Yeah! This is intentionally. An NPC metions that are only Kanto, Johto and Hoenn pokémon in the tower (he ignores the special trainers).

I hope you update the battle tower trainers to Gen 9 for v2.2.
    I gonna annotate your feedback, but I have no plans to do this for Island. Remember that some moves work a different way, messing some strategies. Besides, it's too much effort for a small gain.

There is a grammar bug inside the Battle Tower after beating an opponent trainer from Numbers 1 thru 6:

Incorrect example: # of total

Correct example: # wins

If by the number of wins, I mean 'wins straight'. If the word 'win' is already in the text, replace 'of' with 'in'.
    This gonna be fixed on v2.1.6!

Thanks for the reports!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If anyone is playing at Joiplay and the tilesets looks like:
    Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Instead of:

Update to latest Joiplay and plugin in the Patreon (the latest version came up today) and don't use the optimize maps command. I updated the thread to mention this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    If anyone is playing at Joiplay and the tilesets looks like:

Instead of:

Update to latest Joiplay and plugin in the Patreon (the latest version came up today) and don't use the optimize maps command. I updated the thread to mention this.

Hey! I've just downloaded for joiplay and have it up ans running but wondered if you had a fix for the no battle animations?

No matter what move I chose, there is no move animation?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hey! I've just downloaded for joiplay and have it up ans running but wondered if you had a fix for the no battle animations?

No matter what move I chose, there is no move animation?
    The battle animations aren't implemented as mentioned in this thread. So, this also happens when playing at PC. These animations are planned for future versions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    The battle animations aren't implemented as mentioned in this thread. So, this also happens when playing at PC. These animations are planned for future versions.

O I apologise I didn't read through the hole thread was too excited to play!

Even without the animations, I'm loving it at the moment!

One of the best roms I've downloaded so far, it's so different to normal games.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    O I apologise I didn't read through the hole thread was too excited to play!

Even without the animations, I'm loving it at the moment!

One of the best roms I've downloaded so far, it's so different to normal games.
    No problem. Glad that you are liking!

Side note: This isn't a ROM or hack ROM, it's a game/fangame.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Been a while, just curious, anyway to get hero palafin? The form change npc doesn't seem to show in the pokemon centre for it so I'm guessing its not implemented? Unless said npc only appears at a certain rank?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Been a while, just curious, anyway to get hero palafin? The form change npc doesn't seem to show in the pokemon centre for it so I'm guessing its not implemented? Unless said npc only appears at a certain rank?
    Not implemented yet. I didn't put on NPC because it would be too overpower. Same with Greninja form. Both are planned for v2.2.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023

My apologies!

Question! Is there a faster way to level up pokemon than exp all and grinding battles? TYI

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My apologies!

Question! Is there a faster way to level up pokemon than exp all and grinding battles? TYI
    No problem!

Depending on your pokémon level, Pokémon Fitness may be faster. You can also get Lucky Egg from Oak's rewards. A full party of Exp All gives you 140% of total exp, but the other pokémon on party drains the exp, so use only the ones from your battle party.

Is there a way to enlarge/make the game full screen? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Alt+Enter, like explained in the control screen. Use it with 2x screen and with a border or the screen will be misplaced.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    No problem!

Depending on your pokémon level, Pokémon Fitness may be faster. You can also get Lucky Egg from Oak's rewards. A full party of Exp All gives you 140% of total exp, but the other pokémon on party drains the exp, so use only the ones from your battle party.

Alt+Enter, like explained in the control screen. Use it with 2x screen and with a border or the screen will be misplaced.

My starter is level 40 and my team is level 25/30 and I'm on rank 8 I think.

Yeah I've yet to receive a lucky from Oak :( maybe I need to catch more pokemon haha..

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My starter is level 40 and my team is level 25/30 and I'm on rank 8 I think.
    You need a better balancing. I strongly suggest to use Exp Share with Exp All, for other pokémon catch up. I also suggest to battle versus all trainers in last Teleport Station area. On v2.2 I'm planning a NPC to give these tips when you lose at Colosseum.

Yeah I've yet to receive a lucky from Oak :( maybe I need to catch more pokemon haha..
    There is a list behind Oak telling how many pokémon you need for each item (the first ones at start).

Back