• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Interestingly enough when Summers thought he could not find any trainers, people just seemed to come up to him at that moment. Most of which asked about his outfit, making him become confused,

"What do you mean? There are no Pokémon Rangers in this region?" He asks the young man standing in front of him, he is almost the same height, as he inspects him further he looks at his attire, "Hmm..."

Summers thought about what he said, if dressing like this man was fitting in he would rather stick with his uniform. Before he could even say anything else, another person asked about his uniform, another young man but with longer hair. But before he could even speak, a girl dressed in all blue asked him too.

She looked like a blueberry, the thought making Summers brighten his mood when then she looks even more familiar,

"Wakeman?" He asks her by last name, a look of shock coming from them all as he knows this seem to be stranger.

Summers than smiles and stands casual, "First off, allow me to introduce myself. I am Ranger Summers from the Ranger Union over at Almia, I was sent here to... inspect the nature reserves of this region." Summers lies on the last part, he can't exactly tell total strangers his true mission, his focus goes back to the girl,

"You're a Ranger too aren't you? Well a Ranger in training, why aren't you in proper uniform?" Summers asks the blue girl, being a Top Ranger he knows of everyone else from the Union, even if they don't know him.

Summers thought of how strange it was for a region to not have Rangers, not even realizing he would stick out with his uniform.

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
    Zach took a step off the S.S. Anne and breathed in the ocean air. Profesor Elm sent him to examine the collosal snorelax at the edge of town. He'd get to it soon, but four years working with a pokemon professor teaches you to cherish free time, so he was going to relax a little and meet some new people first.

The first crowd to draw his eyes was right near the harbor. A few of them were wearing an odd getup. Zach had trouble remembering, but eventualy it came to him. " Ranger Uniform!" he said aloud, not realising it.

Why are rangers here in vermillion?

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    Whew done, it's a bit rushed but oh well.

Name: Kara Thornse

Title: Coordinator

Birthday: January 13

Birthplace: Goldenrod City, Johto

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Weight: 111 pounds

Role Model: Kristina Thornse, her older sister, history explains it.

Group: Pokemon Coordination Circuit

Pokemon: Ninetales, her main and first pokemon (Female)
    Dragonair, recently evolved (Male)

Appearance:

Kara's brunette hair coils to around shoulder length. The large curls make most of the texture of her hair. She styles it much like her older sister, Kristina had fashioned her hair when she was younger. Her brown hair steals the shade of her mother, however Kara inherited the natural curls from the heredity of her father. Kara's hair is obviously well kept and clean almost all the time, an amazing enterprise for someone who travels so much. Hats are seldom spotted on the girl's head, however headbands and ribbons are a reoccurring love of Kara. Her bangs are troublesome for the teen, and are often restrained by a ribbon, or pushed to the side. Her hair is often a double-edged sword; the large curls prove adamant in staying free, rather then being enslaved by a tie. Kara has abandoned any ideas of a ponytails, pig tails, and even buns. Before contests, Kara spends hours on her hair making sure everything is in place and will stay the way it is for hours.

Kara's thin body is one every coordinator dreams of. The girl's self conscious personality makes it impossible for her to not know her weight. She hovers around the 111-pound mark, but like everyone in life, tends to put on a pound or two at special occasions. Kara has made it a part of life to watch what she eats, which always helps with keeping a very refined figure. Kara stands at five feet five inches, and has completed growing. Her limbs are not long, and most her height comes with her long torso. Very little muscle resides in Kara's body and most of it populates the back of her legs. Her skin has always been fairly tan, thanks to Goldenrod's beaches, and her constant traveling. Kara's light blue eyes often reveal her character and emotions. They contrive a mosaic of innocence that is often shattered by raging emotions and hormones. Kara's lips pull everything together with a constant covering of peach colored lip-gloss.

Fashion, is a big part of a coordinator's life. Not only must Kara be able to dress her pokemon in accessories that compliment their looks, she too must always give off a clean, up to date look. The girl's love for performance also allows her to dress formally quite often. Versatility is not what Kara is looking for in any of her outfits; in fact it is all about the way she looks. When not competing in a contest, Kara garments herself in mostly collared long-sleeved shirts and skirts, prep clothes. For her formal contest clothing she relies on both her mother and sister to send her dresses. Since it is an unwritten law in the contest circuit to never wear the same outfit twice, her clothing is in constant circulation inside the mailing system. She is always wearing jewelry, but most of it is very subtle. Kara chooses to wear something on her left wrist almost all day everyday, and an occasional anklet. Earrings are never worn outside of contests, and make her appear much older then she actually is.

Personality:

Passionate, innocent, and self-cautions are the three best ways to portray Kara. Her passion for performances dwarfs anything in comparison. Whether it is a book, a movie, a play, a coordination session, or just a magazine, she is immersed in it. Kara lives a very fast paced life and must always be accomplishing something. This character trait often leads her to read a lot. Kara consumes words as much as food; she enjoys the sense of accomplishment every time she completes a novel. This sustains her need to be doing something all the time. Another very defined characteristic of hers is her treatment to both humans and pokemon. She is not afraid to tell the truth, in fact she is often to loose with her mouth. She is quick to criticize and often no positive comment will leave her lips when addressing a person. Kara's pokemon are often treated the same, however when they are able to complete a stunning combination, she will treat them with the highest regard.

Like most women, Kara has very uncharted emotions. It is very easy to pin point what mood she is but how long she will stay acting that way is unknown and unpredictable. These often lead to unneeded fights with just about anyone, which often ends with Kara apologizing. Knowing herself so well causes her to be very skeptical of other females. She is often very internally, judgmental on other girl's appearances, clothing, and personalities. However, a female who proves herself acceptable to Kara's standards has little trouble with Kara and her attitude.

Growing up in the higher end of Goldenrod City, Kara is very naïve to the transgressions of criminals, or crime itself. Growing up in such a bubble protected her from evil and more importantly hardships. Pain was almost completely foreign to the teen when she set off on her journey, and is still adjusting to a very different lifestyle. This adjustment often leads her to be a bit catty when someone strikes a wrong note with her. Kara grew up in her sister's shadow and is constantly to prove herself to her family.

History:

Johto's most metropolitan area, Goldenrod City, is where Kara was born and still to this day calls home. Her father was an entrepreneur the day he graduated high school and struck liquid gold when he and a friend started an oil company. Evolving into a corporate giant, Mr. James Thornes was able to provide his family a very comfortable life. Mrs. Terry Thrones grew up in a more modest home that resided in Cherrygrove City. She grew up as a contest coordinator, but found very little success. In result of her failure at coordinating she settled down with James and the couple were able to successfully deliver two healthy baby girls. The oldest, Kristina, is the elder of Kara by a whopping eleven years. Both girls grew up doused by the rich, metropolitan life of Goldenrod. Kristina became a coordinator at a very young age and was very good at it. Finding more success then her mother had in just a few months Kristina pursued her love for coordinating into her twenties. In her travels Kristina met her future fiancé, Mike, at Snowpoint City.

Kara grew up in the large, cascading shadow of her sister. Her parents seemed to always compare her to her older sister. Somehow it seemed that Kara was always on the short end of the stick, and fell short of all her sister's accomplishments. Her grades were A's and B's where Kristina had seemed to manage to get all A's when she had been Kara's age. This constant competition began with every New Year; however, this did not strain the relationship of the two sisters. Kristina often came to the aid of Kara, and offered both help and advice. Kara began idolizing her sister at a very young age, and with every year her destiny to become a coordinator like her sister only strengthened.

On her thirteenth birthday her sister came back and gave Kara, her first partner. The pokemon egg was an offspring of her sister's own award winning Ninetales. Kara waited with anticipation for her first pokemon to hatch, and the day it did was the first day Kara and her Vulpix started training. With her Vulpix hatched, and her materials gathered she started her journey.

Just like the early years of her life, she failed to match her sister. Her contest career started dismally without even advancing through the first round in several contests and an average score of five. Humiliated by her performance she made the difficult decision to continue her coordinating career. Before the end of the year, Kara was able to win her first contest in her hometown of Goldenrod. The Christmas Contest was one of the largest contests on the Junior Coordinating Circuit, and Kara had obtained a first place finish with her Vulpix. Confidence at its peak, Kara continued her success with several third place finishes and a second place finish in Celadon City's Princess Pageant. At the age of fifteen Kara had been a top coordinator in the Junior Circuit and at the age of sixteen was promoted to Pokemon Coordination Circuit, the highest circuit there is. She would now be competing against the best coordinators in the world including her sister.

Just promoted to the professional coordinating circuit a few months ago, Kara is looking to train and enter contests starting in Viridian City of Kanto.

Rival: Karie Anne Lorenz (A high caliber coordinator she is the same age as Kara. They have been competing since Kara had her break in Goldenrod City.)

Extra: I think I am good for now, cannot think much more to write. Liable to change.

Rocket scientist

Hipster.
    Years
    In a sudden flash, faster than what I even imagined, I wasn't the only one heading to the uniformed trainer, as others rumaged trough various paths to the later mentioned.

I don't like people a lot, well, normally I don't mind, as being the son of a multimillonaire I'm expected to behave and socialize with the other rich kids, but, I'm a snob, and I don't really care what lower class people think of me, so I tend to forget my manners, and It makes me feel uncomfortable when talking to strangers.

Anyways, I was already to close to the trainer, so I kept in track, and when I heard all the people babble, I realized he was a Ranger, nothing I really cared about a lot.

"anyone of you has a map for sale? , money won't be a problem."- I said to the crowd, not looking at anyone in particular, tough I fixated my sight in the feet of a guy sporting a "cool guy" attire.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    "Rita, be a dear and pop along to the harbour and find your grandfather for me will you? I sent him out earlier to buy some groceries for dinner, and he still hasn't come home! He's always talking to those darned fishermen down there!" The woman, face an intricate labyrinth of wrinkles, huffed as she addressed her granddaughter. The female in question was staring vacantly out of the window from her position on the sofa, seemingly transfixed by what little view there was of the comings and goings within this particular district of Vermilion City. It was such a perculiar yet engrossing thing to observe- the daily lives of 'normal' city folk. The gossamer net curtains cascading across the transparent panel and the heavier, floral patterned ones framing the scene's entirety reminded her of a theatre, as if the world was putting on a stage show just for her.

"Hm?" She blinked, long lashes briefly concealing her soft grey eyes, momentarily settling her gaze upon the speaker. "I'm sorry Grandma, I wasn't paying attention." Rita's mouth contorted into a slight frown before she returned to staring out at the veiled view, resting her chin in the palm of her hands.

"Honestly child, if I was waving one of those confounded camera things in your direction, you'd be like a rash over me, wouldn't you?" Came the sigh in response. Frowing once more, Rita adjusted herself, so that she sat cross-legged upon her cushion and faced the elderly lady.

"Sorry," the girl repeated, hanging her head somewhat and releasing a rather exasperated sigh of her own. "It's just... I'm still getting used to things--"

"Of course you are, of course. You're not familiar with the ways of us real folk, even though it's only been a few years since you left us all." Though her words seemed harsh, Rita's grandmother spoke with a soft tone. Extending a knarled, bird-like hand to caress the fur of the Furret coiled upon her lap, she repeated her previous request. "It'll do you good, to walk around here for a while and immerse yourself in normality. You've barely left the house since you arrived two weeks ago."

It was true; she had only vacated the building on three occasions since she was delivered to her grandparents' lodgings by her agency, once to take out the garbage, again to take Furret for a walk around the neighbourhood, and finally to accompany her grandfather when he snuck out for a secret cigarette. Rita had decided to stay with her mother's parents upon commencing her hiatus from showbiz- recalling the frustration she had felt when living in Floaroma- despite missing her immediate family immensely.

"Fine," the girl complied nonchalantly, stretching the muscles in her arms and getting to her feet before wandering into the hallway and slipping her feet into a pair of suede cowboy-style boots. Rita straightened and stared at her reflection, contemplating as to whether or not it would be wiser to keep her glasses on or exchange them for sunglasses, and then deciding that the pair she currently sported were less... noticeable than the large eye-protectors stashed away within her bag. "Muucha! We're going out!"

"Smoochum!" A cute rasp emanated from the adjacent room, and a small purple and cream creature pattered into the hallway, pouting expectantly up at her companion and indicating her neck.

"Nope, no scarf today I'm afraid," Rita shook her head, and pulled an over-sized hoodie over her feminine apparel (an endeavour to decrease the chances of being recognised, no matter what temperature it was outside). "We're being 'normal' people!" Her mock enthusiasm only caused further dejection in the Pokemon, who was utterly alien to the prospect of venturing outside sans her Silk Scarf and the flashing lights of the papparazzi.

Yet they were greeted by mere sunshine and the typical volume of pedestrians upon meandering through the streets; Rita assumed that most people were taking advantage of the pleasant climate and heading to the beach, as she noticed countless children armed with buckets and spades, teenage girls clad in bikini tops, shorts and flipflops, and families struggling to carry twenty inflatables at once on her journey.

"The harbour's... That way, right?" She questioned nervously, pointing a manicured finger in a random direction.

"Smoochum," Muucha shrugged indifferently, slightly peeved by the fact that she was not looking her best in public.

"Muucha... You know how I get when I don't know where we are... Please," she squeaked urgently. "Find someone... Anyone who doesn't look too creepy!"

As her friend had a miniature breakdown on the pavement, Muucha scoured the area for someone who they would approach and ask for assistance. Not a single person that they had targeted in the past had refused to aid them, upon realising their identity, but due to their slightly more dishevelled appearances, she was unsure if anyone would save the flaky woman who was fervently trying to compose herself.

"Smoooochum," the baby Pokemon cooed to herself, and then clapped her hands in glee upon spotting a perculiarly dressed man surrounded by other people. He had to be someone like they were! Why else would he wear such distinctive clothing? The humans gathered about the male were most likely to be fans or something, but Muucha failed to recall who he was. Obtaining Rita's attention, the panic sustained within the idol's grey eyes swiftly underwent metamorphosis. Relief swamped her face, whilst Muucha puffed her chest out triumphantly.

"Awesome work Muucha!" Rita beamed down at the dual-type. "The people around him are bound to be natives too, right? And if any of them turn out to be creepy stalkers, he can protect us just like the scene from that drama we finished filming last October!" She giggled, 'Tierran' instantly bubbling up inside her and beginning to dominate. "So it's a win-win situation- bonus if anyone recognises me!"

Even if I don't want to be recognised...

"So are you ready? Here goes!" Tierran nodded, sauntering over to the gaggle of trainers with Muucha in pursuit. Just as she was close enough to hear their conversation, she removed her glasses- the world suddenly becoming hazy and distorted as she pocketed them. Luckily, the gaudy outfit of the man was decipherable enough to guide her in the correct direction, not to mention a bright azure blob of something or other stationed only a short distance away.

Preparing herself to randomly interrupt their conversation pretending to be a tourist, Tierrran was ready to fire. Until she tripped over, releasing a startled: "Uwaaah!" as she collapsed in a small heap of embarrassment on the ground.

"Nya! I'm okay, I meant to do that!" She laughed, wincing as her right knee twinged in pain. Gah, I can't see a thing without my glasses... "I dropped my wallet, you see, and had to pick it up really fast before someone stole it!" I'm such an idiot... Magi would have a darn field day with this...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Summers looked over when he saw a girl trip and fall to the ground, he stepped out of the small crowd around him and helped the girl up,

"Are you alright?" he asks, after she finishes mumbling about dropping her wallet. She's delicate to the touch when he helped her up, though her face was hidden under the large hood and glasses. Just then his styler goes off,

"Excuse me miss." He says as he turns and walks to the side, he reaches over and presses a button on his styler, lifting his arm up. Suddenly a face of a woman could be seen on the small screen, it's tinted a bit too blue with a line of static going up and down the screen at a constant pace. The woman herself looks not much older than Summers, her face is thin with a blond pony-tail. Her round blue eyes under thin glasses.

"Operator Tracy contacting Summers." The soft voice speaks out from the styler,

"Summers here." Summers reports,

" I see you made it to the check point over in Vermillion. I'm glad." She smiles, "Listen Summers, Intel picked up some signals coming from Saffron. If what we think is true, you should find a way to get there asap."

"Right." The Ranger nods,

"Try to find leads that can direct you to Saffron, remember this mission is secret you cannot disclose any information to trainers." Tracy explains,

"Of course not, but perhaps next time we should text. I already have a 'crowd' of leads with me." Summers sighs,

"Oh Summers, calm down, you're doing fine. I'll contact you when you reach Saffron, over." Tracey says as her image blurs for a moment and signs off, the styler turning off.

The Ranger turns back to the group of people around him, "By the way.. does anyone know how to get to Saffron from here?" Summers asks as he gives a smile, unsure of what to do.

Last edited:

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
    Years
    Jenny gasped hard, as she was very surprised. "You... know me?" She had never really seen him aorund before. Though, the Ranger Base is pretty huge, so she should've expected this. There were many rangers that lived there.

"Uh, my uniform?" Jenny blushed and laughed nervously. "Well, sometimes I just take a break from doing Ranger missions and quests, and just train Mar." "Maw!" Mar replied. "She is my partner Pokemon, you know." She patted Mar on the head. "But, in case of an emergency, I still carry my Styler around." She proudly held it up, her nice and shiny Styler.

She rummaged through a bag that was periwinkle in color, putting away her Styler. "Saffron, you two say? Well, I think I had a map in here..." After a moment, she then held up a large map, showing Kanto. "So, if we're in Vermillion City," She held up her finger and traced a line to Saffron City. "Then Saffron is just north of here!" She announced. Jenny started to walk north. "Are you all ready?"

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    "Is it okay if I may come along? I need to get into Saffron City as well, but my rival is in the city, and I don't want to fight him right now. Also, I need to get there because-" Said Chris, but as he turned around, he jumped to the side, and Kyle ran through, unable to stop before falling into the water. "Speak of the devil."

"I just want to battle you!" Yelled Kyle as he climbed out of the ocean. "We haven't battled in a week!" Chris facepalmed.

"He is really annoying, as you can see, and now the whole purpose to get away is wasted." Said Chris, but suddenly Espeon burst from her pokéball. "Oh, no."

'Kyle! Send out your Ariados! I will get my revenge for last time!" Yelled Espeon telepathically. Kyle grinned as he grabbed Ariados' pokéball.

"Come on out, Ariados!" Yelled Kyle, but as the bug was sent out, Chris returned Espeon to her pokéball. "Aww..." Kyle sighed as he returned Ariados. "Next time, I will beat you in battle, you coward!" Kyle then ran away, towards the gym, most likely.

"I hope that display didn't bother you." Said Chris. "Anyway, I also need to get there because, while I just came down from there, I just realized that there might be something going down in Saffron, if how some people acted was an indication."

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Summers has always been by the books, making sure he keeps his job as a Ranger. He looks at her styler and rubs his chin,

"Yes I have, I know your teacher quite well Wakeman and how you helped out during the Almia crisis. Wendy says you are very brave and intelligent, but, you are more into battling and training Pokémon." Summers explains except he didn't say it in a bad way, in fact he was a bit fascinated with her and the whole region in general.

There are no Rangers in Kanto, just Trainers and these Trainers use Pokémon to battle, they train them for battles, contests, entertainment purposes in general, so strange. The only times he ever seen Pokémon were either partners, or workers helping people in towns back at home.

"GYWAAH!" Pidgeot flies how and lands next to Summers,

"Ah, here is Pidgeot, he is my partner." Summers smiles, "Hmm so Saffron City is north from here you say? Thank you." He says as he starts to follow her until they were at the boarders of the city,

"Pidgeot, continue flying over head, we need to get to that city on the double." He explains to his Pokémon Partner,

"GYooo!!" It sings as it flies back into the air. Summers then turns to everyone else,

"Wakeman, I feel it would be best if you helped these trainers back to their homes. I think it would be more safe if less people came with me." Summers explains and then looks over at everyone,

"Thank you for your help, but please go home where it is safe." He tells the trainers around him.

However, after Chris insisted on going, Summers went and stopped him, "I can't let anyone get in danger, it would be best if you stayed here with everyone else. The authorities of this region will let you know when it is safe to travel to Saffron." Summers said, though he didn't know what was going on in Saffron.

Whatever is going on in Saffron City cannot be a good thing. It looks like Summer's mission is just about to get started.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    "I'm sorry, but whether or not you say yes doesn't mean I won't be going. If it were any other evil team, than I wouldn't go, but since there is a large chance that it is indeed Team Rocket, than there is no way I won't be going. Unfortunately, Kyle will also get involved somehow, but I will be going, besides, the authorities of this region aren't exactly... the brightest. I have learned that from personal experience." Said Chris as Espeon popped out of her pokéball.

'I will... wait, where did Kyle go?' Asked Espeon. Chris returned the psychic cat to her pokéball before starting to walk away.

"For your sake, I hope that you are better than the authorities here, because if not, than Team Rocket will slaughter you." Said Chris before walking away. "Don't bother escorting me home, it would be a lot of trouble."

Chris soon found himself outside of Vermillion city, looking out at the cliff. "This reminds me of my first journey. I wish I could have made it to the tournament. Dang it Chris, brighten your spirits! It's way too early to start sulking." Suddenly Kyle ran up to him.

"I challenge you to a battle!" Yelled Kyle. Chris shook his head. "Aww, come on!"

"I don't have time. I have to make it to Saffron, I don't care if I have to sneak past the guards." Said Chris. "But I have to get there soon, if I don't, than it could be a lot more trouble."

"You're acting weird. Is it concerning Team Rocket?" Asked Kyle. Chris nodded. "Oh, that makes sense then. I'll come with you, I mean, what if they hired someone like Drake, or Clause?"

"Heh, Drake is somewhere in Johto, and Clause is chasing around his Dugtrio. There's no way they could be here at this time." Said Chris, chuckling a little. "Let's get going before security gets tight. I don't feel like breaking into Saffron City."

"Yeah... I know how you feel." Said Kyle as the two started running towards Saffron.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Between Isaac's small greeting and the moment he finally regained a conscious grip on what was happening, a lot happened. In summary, he was completely ignored. The tall man with a terrible sense of attire introduced himself as "Summers." Upon hearing that name, Isaac turned to his faithful Lucario and for once they shared the same facial expression: Utter confusion. Summers? Sounded more like a last name or possible a codename. Maybe the guy is some kind of agent? That would be interesting, Isaac thought to himself thinking of all the guy super spy gear the guy must be hiding in his nerdy clothes. Of course, the potential of awesomeness was ruined, as Summers introduced himself as a Ranger who wanted to check out wildlife and brought his attention to a girl dressed in blue who claimed to be a "ranger in training" and a small girl who tripped and fell reminding him of old episodes of Scooby Doo, meanwhile some creepy nerd kid glanced over to Isaac as if he was god and another trainer was demanding he come along talking about rivals and random stuff that Isaac frankly didn't give half a crap about.

Now, Isaac being surrounded by this colorful characters had some different perspectives about this people other than their surface value. Having been around Lucario for several years, Isaac has some talent in aura sensing and a strongly developed intuition making him capable of getting plenty of information based on a first impression, crediting to his strong knowledge of useless facts and figures that wouldn't get him far in life but probably win a game show. Let's see here, Isaac began prompting his attempt at using the small amount of critical thinking talent and his wealth of common sense:

Summers- Well, the guy is definitely a Ranger. I heard about those before, they are from the regions far away from the Big 4 of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. I don't know the names of the top of my head. Anyway, from what I gather, they are trainers with a different view on the whole Pokemon aspect, viewing them as partners rather than tools of battle. So they say. That is probably why he just pulled out a Pidgeot, and my whole wallet is on the fact that is his only Pokemon. Now, I can't help but feel suspicious. The man has good intentions, as least I am 90% sure he does. But what would a Ranger needed with an overly complicated communication device if he is here to check on wildlife. On top of that, what does Team Rocket want? The annoying kid was the one to mention it. Hmmm. I may have to check this out.

Girl in the Blue: Not much coming off her. Just energy and happiness. Wakemen, eh? Never heard of it. Definitely an innocent and young soul though.

Falling down Girl: Looks familiar? Is she that Hannah Montana-ish girl? The celebrity chick. If I was 10 years younger, I may have found her attractive. Anyway, seems shy. Innocent but shy. I wonder why she is here though.

Annoying trainer kid with the hyperactive friend: Yeah, I don't care. He mentioned Team Rocket though, so he has sources. Raises suspicion though. Should keep my eye on him.

Creepy nerd kid: Yeah, he scares me.

As Isaac focused his mind on the individuals, he turned to face each one of them and stared into their soul with great concentration to the point he definitely appeared creepy as far as the other side was concerned. After his focus returned to being a functional sane human being, he shook his head and tided himself up. He fixed his coat and ran his fingers through his hair. "Well people, I am heading to Saffron. I dunno about you but that red clothed guy is too uptight for my taste to the point he will probably get himself into big trouble knowing his big ego, so I am going to go help him out. Feel free to follow me!" Isaac stated, making his way North towards Saffron with great haste, Lucario in tow looking back to see if the other trainers were following.

Last edited:

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
    Zach got close enough to hear what the rangers were saying. After hearing about something to the effect of, "somethings wrong in Saffron City, " Zach made up his mind to head to Saffron himself. He couldn't resist, but he couldn't tell the rangers, because they obviously didn't want to be tailed.

Zach was too impatient to wait and tail them. He knew how to get to Saffron and would go there himself. He'd study the snorelax soon enough, but this might be important.

He adjusted his backpack and headed north through the plaza; he was going to Saffron city.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Much to Summer's dismay, the trainers followed him anyway. He worried about them and their Pokémon. So over the cliff was Route 6, a road that connected Vermilion to Saffron, at least that's what the sign read before entering.

Pidgeot hovered down to circle around Summers, it seems the coast is clear, though the route is a bit empty. As he continued to walk he passes by a very large lake where across lies the entrance to the next city. It's a pleasant walk but Summers wasn't sure why, he thought there would be at least more resistance.

As he makes it to the entrance tunnel he sees the security there asleep. He runs over to the sleeping officers,

"Hello can you hear me?" He asks, his Pidgeot landing and hopping over, "Pii.." It tilts his head,

"Hello?" He asks a bit louder but the two officers laid there on the floor asleep. Just then Pidgeot's head tilted to the side and then hopped over to the exit towards Saffron,

"Wait Pidgeot!" Summers says as he chases after his curious pokémon.

There he gasps when he enters the city, everyone is completely asleep.

"What's going on here?" He asks himself as he walks slowly into the city, everyone around him asleep, as he looks around he finds the largest tower in the city equipped with large speakers and microphones.

"How odd..." he says to himself, as he walks more into the city he discovers the name printed on the front of the building, "Silph Co... hmm." he thinks to himself for a moment as he hears some movement, he looks to his side and sees two figures dressed in dark clothes, they look like robbers with a red letter "R" printed on their chests. They are stealing pokéballs from sleeping trainers. They are wearing earmuffs, how unusual.

"Hey you there! Stop what you are doing!" Summers yells at them with Pidgeot rustling up its feathers.

"What the? Get a load of this guy." One of them says smiling, "I bet that Pidgeot will make the boss happy." The other snickers, "And look over there.. more heroes, haha!" He laughs as he then takes out a Pokéball, "Quick, call this up, make sure we get these guys." They both laugh as he then says something in a walkie-talkie.

A buzzing noise can be heard coming from the large speakers when suddenly a soft voice can be heard singing,

"Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly...puff..
    Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly..."​

"That song it's..." Summers gasps as Pidgeot starts to feel drowsy. The song is being played through the large speakers, making it loud enough to be heard throughout the entire city.

"Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly...
    Jiggly..."​

"Not.. good.." Summers says as he starts to yawn, "We must cover our ears!" He says as Pidgeot looks like it's about to faint.

"Jiggly..
    Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly...puff..
    Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly..."​

Pidgeot's eyelids start to fall, his head nodding as Summer turns, his eyes droopy, "Pidgeot, we need to get in...side..." He yawns as he turns and tries his hardest to make it to the doors of the building but it's so hard to move, his legs feel numb.

"Jiggaly...puff...jiggaly...puff...Jigg-a-ly-y puff, jigg-aly..."​

At this point Pidgeot collapses on the ground asleep as Summers places his hands over his ears, trying his hardest to stay awake,

"Pidgeot..!" He looks slowly downwards to his fallen Pokémon as he too starts to feel sleepy, "I c-can't m..move..." he says as he feels like he too is about to pass out, the two grunts laughing as they take out a net, wanting to steal Pidgeot while the other gets ready to steal everyone else's Pokémon...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Application

Name: Jeremy
    Title: Tech Wiz
    Birth Date: February 9, 1996
    Birthplace: Viridian City, Kanto
    Height: 5' 5" (165.1 cm)
    Weight: 105 lbs.
    Role Model: None.
    Group: None.
    POKéMON: Izzy (Raichu)
    Appearance: Jeremy has blond, curly hair. He wears green goggles, which are also tinted green. His goggles also act as HMD-monitors for a tiny computer that is inside the frame of the goggles, which he can control with his mind. He wares a green polo shirt with white stripes and white pants. His right arm has something on it that looks like a Snagem machine, which lets him store Pokemon without the need of Pokeballs. He also wears a small, wireless headset (microphone/headphone-things) that you wouldn't notice unless you were right up in his face. He looks older than he really is, and you couldn't tell he was only 13 by looking at him.
    Personality: Jeremy not only looks older than his true age but acts older as well. He is a tech wizard, who invented all the gadgets mentioned above. He is really smart and intelligent, and has a sharp mind and quick wits. He is an expert puzzle-solver, and can keep calm and level-headed even in the toughest situations. He is honest and trust-worthy, and is a really good friend to have.
    History: When Jeremy was a little kid, his favorite toy was one of this sets with the rods and wheels you put stuff together with. After building a working, miniature hovercraft out of them, his parents knew he was something special. When he was older, his parents helped him set up a workshop in the backyard where he could create and tinker with machines and things. One day, he was in the junkyard looking for parts, when he heard a faint cry coming from a pile of old, broken machinery. After digging through the junk heap, he found Izzy, a Pichu at the time. They became best friends immediatly, and over the years, Izzy evolved into a Pikachu and then a Raichu with Jeremy's help. On his twelfth birthday, he said goodbye to his parents, left home, and moved his workshop to a vacant lot to act as his base of operations. Then he and Izzy started out on their own Pokemon adventure, eventually arriving at Saffron City...
    Rival: None.
    Extra: Here's an RP sample from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Melancholy Of The World:

Eleclion said:
    "Hello...? Hello..? Wake up.... Please, wake up..."

A gentle voice met Jeremy's ears as his awareness came back to him. His eyes fluttered open to see a wooden roof over his head. Slowy, he sat up and took in his surroundings. He was in a nice, comfy bed in a small, cozy room. A female Dragonite was standing beside the bed, watching over him. Apparently, it was her voice that had awoken him.

"Oh good, you're awake," she said with a distinct Southern gentile accent. "H-how'd I get here?" Jeremy stumbled out. "I found y'all in the woods lyin' on the ground, out cold," answered the Dragonair. "So I brought ya here. Who are y'all, anywhere?" Jeremy told her everything that had happened to him. When he had finished, she was wide-eyed in amazement. "Well, would you look at that. A Pokemon from the future. Now, if you've really gone through all that, you must be really tired. Being knoked out isn't the same as sleeping."

It was true. Jeremy was completely worn out, and it must have been painfully obvious, because the Dragonair came and laid a blanket down on him, tucking him in. "Take a nice long nap now," she said. "When you wake up, come up to the front and I'll have some food for you." With that, she left the room, and Jeremy, thoroughly exhausted, closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

That was three years ago. Since then, Jeremy had joined the Wigglytuff Guild. He didn't really belong to a team, but he did do Missions by himself, and every now and then he worked with a team on one, but he never actually became part of a team.

Jeremy had spent all morning reading in his room, and now he was walking through the guild towards the outside, when he spotted Megumi coming the other way. "Hi!" he greeted her friendily. "Out of my way, wimp!" she shouted at him, shoving him aside and storming off past him. "W-w-w-wimp?!" he spluttered, flustered. He had tried to make friends with her when he had first joined the guild, but that attempt had gone about as well as his greeting just now.

Jeremy sighed. He was the only Raichu, and the only other Pikachu in the Guild was Volt, and he and Jeremy rarely ever saw each other. Little did he know that that was all about to change, starting with his first step outside that day...

Unfortunately for Jeremy, that first step was a trip, and he fell down the long, stone stairs going down from the Guild. As he bounced and flew through the air, he thought he could glimpse a pink dot flying through the air far, far away. But before he had any time to think about it, though, he reached the bottom of the stairs and landed in a heap at the foot of the mountain.

EDIT: To clarify, the Snagem-machine-looking-thing cannot steal Pokemon. It just looks like that thing the guy in Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness wears on his arm.

Last edited:

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    OOC: ((Sorta all over the place and a little short but it will do.))

Pride and Prejudice, the latest novel to capture Kara's heart. She was engrossed in it as she rested on a black, sun burned bench. The bench lay just off the main street of Vermillion City. The sounds of the city seemed to have no affect on the girl, in fact this is how she grew up. In her childhood she would often read in downtown Goldenrod while waiting for friends. The coordinator seemed unaware and uncaring of her surroundings, the book was good, no great. Kara was finally ripped from her book to reality, not by a human, but by her Ninetales. One of the fox's tails brushed its owner's legs, waking her from her trance. The coordinator observed her pokemon, it was asleep laying around her legs. A rush of compassion flowed through her veins for her pokemon. Looking up again she took in the city life. Kara watched as a young mother purchased an ice cream cone for her daughter from the vendor across the street, she watched a car speeding through a yellow and eventually running the red light, but what caught her attention was a ranger and the crowd around him.

That's funny. Why would there be a crowd around a silly ranger. I mean look at the way they dress that's enough of an excuse to cast them from society. In Johto, erm in Goldenrod, we used to make fun of rangers who came to study the National Park just to the North of my house. They were social rejects in Goldenrod, now they have crowds around them? What the heck. No wonder no one in Johto likes people from Kanto. I mean how could you, if they worship silly dressing bafoons like that? Kara's harsh thoughts seemed to have awakened her fox. Looking down at the Ninetales one time, she left her cruel thoughts to herself and started reading her book once again. However, Ninetales did not return to it nap, in fact it took a sudden jump onto its feet and got into a very defensive position. "What do you think you are doing, love?" Completely befuddled by her pokemon's actions she glanced up at the crowd of pokemon ranger fans. She noticed the problem, there standing by a young man, a Lucario. "Don't even think about it, I am sick of apologizing for you every time you see that stupid, Sinnoh beloved pokemon," she was firm but not firm enough. Ninetales retained her position. "No! We aren't doing this again!" This time she was loud. Attracting attention from most of the near by pedestrians, both the pokemon and its master returned to their previous positions.

Returning to her book Kara was put into a trance once again. Ninetales was uneasy, but was able to control herself for her master. "You honestly wanted to battle that thing? You aren't very good at fighting, that is Dragonair's job, you need to look good and preform well that's it. Also you see the guy standing next to the Lucario?" Ninetales grimaced at the announcement of Lucario's name. "He has to be in his twenties. That means he has had a lot more time to train, for all we know he could be some hot shot trainer or like a gym leader," she sarcastically made the statement unaware of the amount of irony it packed. I should leave for Safron soon, I need to register for the contest by tomorrow. She was able to admit it to herself, she knew what had to be done. There was no way she was going to finish the seventy five pages left in her novel today. Admitting what needed to be done was easier then performing the actual movements. Flipping the page she glanced up and noticed even more of a crowd settled around the ranger.

You have got to be kidding. I wonder what this city would do if I announced that I was a top coordinator and just won my first professional contest. I bet they would drool over me or something. Her thoughts sparked nerves. She had forgotten all about her win and what day it was. It was the day that the new issue of Contest Weekly released. It would have reviewed her victory in Pallet Town just a few days ago. Standing up quickly she motioned to Ninetales to follow. The two crossed the street, passing the famous ranger and his posse. She could make out only one phrase, "...get to Lavender Town?" Kara ignored it, and quite frankly didn't really take in what they had said. She was focused on what was to come, she entered a nearby news stand and spotted the issue. She left the store after purchasing it and flipped through the pages with a flury. There she had found it. It had a picture of her and her two pokemon, the article was titled...

Breakthrough?

Written by: Alice Kornacova​

The Pallet Town Pageant turned out more blunderous then beautiful. With very few recognizable coordinators and even less fully developed pokemon, the contest ended with the young coordinator, Kara Thornes on top. However, this was not exactly something to be proud of. With a first round mistake, and very little "wow factor" put into the performance it was rather embarrassing to watch. Thornes didn't win the contest, the other contestants lost it. Thornes won the contest with an average score of seven. This winning score speaks for itself. Nothing great from the young coordinator, she just didn't choke on the stage like the rest of the contestants.

Pallet Town should be embarrassed that the contest's winning score was seven...

Kara couldn't read anymore. It was true, it was all true and that is what hurt the most. Adrenaline shot through her veins, she was completely embarrassed. She had hoped for a good review, but instead she seemed like a fool. Slamming it down she found herself sitting on the bench of earlier. The crowd was just now dispersing. Her once tan face was ghost white, she felt like crying. I never knew a win would bring so much humiliation. I hate this. The media always seems to be against coordinators that are not mainstream superstars. She finished her thoughts gasping for breathe. I need to prove myself, prove that I am a competitor.

Rising to her feet once again she and her Nintales left the protection of Vermillion City and entered Route 6, she was on her way to win her second contest in a row, so she hoped.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    OOC: Yay, I'm accepted!

Saffron City...

"What a strange place, eh, Izzy?" said Jeremy as he walked through the streets. "Everyone's asleep!"

"Raichu!" Izzy squealed, as he hopped onto Jeremy's shoulder.

Suddenly, a loud commotion erupted from behind a buidling. The two ran down the street and around the building to find two Team Rocket members bending down over a Ranger and his Pidgeot, a net in hand and a Jigglypuff at their side.

"HEY!" yelled Jeremy. "GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

The Rocket Goons turned around with a start, surprised at first, but then smirked when they laid their eyes on Jeremy.

"Well, if it isn't another Trainer whose Pokemon we can steal?" one said.

Dropping into a fighting stance, Jeremy motioned for Izzy to get ready to fight. Izzy jumped down to the pavement and stared at the Rockets, waiting for the order to attack. Just then, the Jigglypuff started singing again. Jeremy started to feel tired.

"Jiggly...puff..."

"Izzy..." Jeremy began.

"...Jiggly... Jigg..ly...puff"

"...use..." continued Jeremy, as his eyelids began to droop and he swayed back and forth, then collapsed onto the ground.

Gathering the last of his energy together, he screamed at the top of his lungs, "THUNDER!!!!!"

Jeremy glowed yellow, sparks flying from his body. Then he unleased a powerful bolt of lightning, which flew up high into the sky and then boomeranged back down and crashed into the Rocket goons and their Jigglypuff, sending them flyingk, leaving their earmuffs behind of the ground. Picking them up, Jeremy walked over to the Ranger lying on the ground.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
    Zach reached the gate to Saffron after the ranger. That ranger was faster than Zach. When he entered the city, Zach heard a muffled melody coming from a large building in the center of the city. It was calming, soothing, something about it just mellowed him out.

This music is so nice... I... I... I Could almost fall aslee-

Something struck Zach.

It's a Jigglypuff's song! We I have to get out of here!

Zach sprinted back to the gateway, and he pondered. It took him a few minutes, but he managed to come up with a plan.

"Spizz get out here!" Zach threw out a pokeball, and out came a Spinda, "ok I'm going to need you to use uproar as we pass through the city. Can you do that?" The Spinda nodded happily.

Zach walked back through the get, with his Spinda making loud shouts and wails. Not even Jigglypuff's song could put you to sleep amidst Spizz's uproar.

When Zach reached the large building from which the noise originated, he saw team rocket grunts dragging the ranger into it. Zach yelled but there was too much noise to hear it, so Zach proceeded to send out Blade, his Grovyle, and he attacked the team rocket members, sending the fleeing into the building. Right then the ranger was starting to wake up, thanks to uproar.

Zach held out his hand, "Zach Sydney, nice to meet you."

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Chris and Kyle both stopped, having entered Saffron City. "Where do you think they are?" Asked Kyle, getting out a pokéball. Chris looked around, and remembered something.

"Kyle, we need to go to the Silph Company Headquarters! It's where they were last time, I wouldn't be surprised if they are stationed there again!" Exclaimed Chris as he ran off towards the giant building. Kyle right behind him. "Thankfully for me, I have earplugs." Chris placed his ear plugs in his ear to block noise, in case Team Rocket were to use sound based attacks.

Eventually, the two made it in front of the building. "Hey, we missed them!" Yelled Kyle. Chris, not seeing any rocket grunts, took out his ear plugs.

"Well, you have to give them credit, Kyle. They did kill one of the best trainers in a while." Whispered Chris to Kyle. The hyper boy simply nodded.

"Yeah, you're right." Said Kyle as the two ran over. "Hey, ranger dude? Are you all right?"

"Yeah, he should be fine. He is a Pokémon Ranger after all." Said Chris. "Come on, Kyle. Team Rocket is still out there, I'm sure the Ranger can handle himself." But Kyle held him back.

"Relax, Chris. He was just doing his job. Don't hate him for that." Said Kyle. Chris snorted at what Kyle said. "He is also pretty new to fighting Rocket, don't get on his case for that." Suddenly, Espeon popped out of ger pokéball again.

'I overheard your conversation. Kyle is right, and besides, Summers was just following his training.' Said Espeon as she sat down.

"I know, but... you know what? it really doesn't matter at this point." Said Chris. "But Team Rocket must fall. I have to avenge him." Said Chris. Kyle shook his head at that.

"You have to calm down. Don't go all moody on us. He may be dead, but if the two of us were to fight Rocket by ourselves, then we would lose. You aren't as good as your brother, or father. Not even close. You can't perform miracles." Said Kyle as he started to walk away. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. I need to start training seriously again."

"Yeah, yeah." Said Chris as he looked at the other trainers. "It seems we all had the same idea."

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    "It seems we all had the same idea." said someone who, from what Jeremy had overheard, seemed to be named Chris.

He stared at the trainer and his Lucario. He had seen him before somewhere, but he couldn't quite remember where. Oh well. It would come to him eventually.

Looking around, he saw someone extend a hand to the Ranger.

"Zach Sydney, nice to meet you." he said, helping him up, the Spinda standing next to him slowly beginning to quiet down.

They all seemed to know each other, and Jeremy felt out of place. Better introduce myself, he thought. So he did.

"Hi, I'm Jeremy! Nice to meet you!" he blurted out to no one in particular.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back