• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    The reason, I believe, to use 10s on those particular mountains is because once you get to the upper edge of the mountain, unless you put a "1" borderblock or some other type of borderblock, you can cross right over as if it weren't a mountain onto the lower surface. But if you instead used 10s, for the entire path of the mountain surface, you can walk right up to the edge and not cross over onto the lower surface, without needing any borderblocks. It basically removes the need to have borderblocks for the upper part of the mountains, which makes it a bit more accurate, since you're supposed to be able to walk on those upper borders.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • cuz if u put iz only on the edges it's like u put 1's
    and if u put C's hero will be able to pass over the edges and on the grass
    unless u put 1's behind the edge (wich i dont recommend)
    but then when hero gets behind the edges he want be able to walk behind the edges

and besides it's not so hard to put 10's
    isn't it?

sorry i cant take you seriously like that nor inderstand oyu,
    metapod thanks for the info that i can understand so BAN007 thanks or your help and continuing posting of the same thing...... but its ok now :D

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • tis wud b grt bt i cnt red wht ani1 iz syin :P
    you every one just talk with proper grammer much easyer to read

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • The reason, I believe, to use 10s on those particular mountains is because once you get to the upper edge of the mountain, unless you put a "1" borderblock or some other type of borderblock, you can cross right over as if it weren't a mountain onto the lower surface. But if you instead used 10s, for the entire path of the mountain surface, you can walk right up to the edge and not cross over onto the lower surface, without needing any borderblocks. It basically removes the need to have borderblocks for the upper part of the mountains, which makes it a bit more accurate, since you're supposed to be able to walk on those upper borders.

I understand that but if I just put 10s on the edges woulden't that work? Because I don't need them in the random space in the middle, just on the upper edges of the mountain.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    but i cant get past the part where you beat casey i cant go further

road is blocked even though nothing is there

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I understand that but if I just put 10s on the edges woulden't that work? Because I don't need them in the random space in the middle, just on the upper edges of the mountain.
    it wont work because noone will be able to walk on it unless u put 0 blocks surrounding the 10 blocks
    and if u try to put 10 blocks every where it will work , just be sure to put 0 blocks on stairs (if u put 1 blocks everywhere

road is blocked even though nothing is there

i know that i send them a vid to fix that
    or u can try going up (i think there is a path up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • BAN007 thanks for your help but that will be allActually BAN007 could you make a map for me just to see your mapping skills and pokefreak could you post a screen of where you are stuck please or tell me a specific location

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    right after beating casey you see three bushes and flowers and two areas to go past those bushes and both of those bushes are blocked by something unseen below new bark town

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    BAN007 thanks for your help but that will be allActually BAN007 could you make a map for me just to see your mapping skills and pokefreak could you post a screen of where you are stuck please or tell me a specific location

sure ican but it wil be donein about 14 hours
    (it's 23:22 here in croatia)

EDIT:
    with johto adventures tiles?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • has anyone else had this problem? and I still dont know where this is could you post a screen shot please.
    oh also which alpha are you using? 1, 1.1 or 1.2?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    sorry but im new to this and don't now how to put a screenie up. im using 1.2. i figured out how to put up a screenie

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • BAN007 you are making no sense.

ah ive forgot to put a hedge there so thats ok for the next alpha, also could you make a map for me just to see your mapping skills

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Ok thanks for all the bugs. I finally understood what BAAN and metapod were talking about with the 10's when I tested them out. Thanks a lot, I've fixed them now.

What's new in alpha 1.3?

- Pokefreak's bug fixed (at the cost of Meowth walking over a bush :P)
    - Cliff movement errors fixed
    - Testing person taken out
    - Fixed Ruka's text errors
    - Added music to the mysterious forests

Alpha 1.3

----------
    The alpha is far from perfect, but I think that it is time to move on to get the next alpha released, and then on to beta 1 and shortly afterward hacks showcase. Thanks for your continued support everyone.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Spoiler:

Bugs I found

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back