• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Johto Legends (G/S/C Remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Frostbite presents: POKéMON JOHTO LEGENDS
    It's not just another Johto remake...

Hack of
    Fire Red of course. The ROM comes with the most organized and improved graphics in the advance generation. This game will have these graphics for a nice, nostalgic, and fun Pokémon gaming experience.

Story
    General plot summary.
    Travel around the wonderful region of Johto collecting badges, meeting trainers, raising, and capturing pokemon along the way. Save the Johto region form Team Rocket as you battle your way through the ranks and eventually to the top. Feel like we're back in the past but with a definite new twist!

Project Overview
    Some general information.
    If you are wondering this game is going to be a remake of the Metal Generation games (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) applied with Fire Red and Leaf Green graphics. The game will be made with Elitemap and Advancemap, with various other programs. It is hard to speculate the date of completion of this game, but I assure you that it will take a while to make. I'm speculating that the game will be completed within a year or a year and a half or so. Maybe longer or shorter, it's an estimate.

With the Fire Red and Leaf Green graphics all of the maps, events, people, and region will be totally revamped. I will try my best to mimic the events and such and apply them into the hack. Also, revamped music from the original metal generation games will be put in this game. This is not your everyday metal generation remake, I will try my best to mimic all of maps to the best of my potential. Well I guess that's pretty much it for this paragraph.

Features
    Check out what the game has in store!!
    • All pokemon will be obtainable
    • A Safari Zone in the Johto region will be opened after completion of the game.
    • Some Pokemon backsprites will be updated and revamped.
    • Events and such will be carried over from the Metal Generation to this remake.
    • Johto Pokemon that were only obtainable in Kanto are now capturable in Johto.
    • You will be able to re battle gym leaders.
    • The VS seeker will be carried over to this game.
    • The Pokegear will be carried over to this game.
    • Johto exclusive items, like the Apricorn, will be in the game.
    • Breeding and Pokemon ability field effects from Emerald will be carried over this game.
    • Clock from R/S/E will be carried over to this game.

Screenshots
    A look into the actual game.

Pokémon: Johto Legends (G/S/C Remake)

*More Screenshots can be viewed in the screenshot page.

Current Priorities
    What I'm working on at the moment.
    • Complete house mapping in New Bark.
    • Map Cherrygrove
    • Change hero/heroine sprites.
    • Change various overworld sprites. (ex. Prof. Elm)

Website
    The official website for the hack.

Make sure to check the official website of Johto Legends here. Also, make sure to check out my game development blog which gives you a more in-depth view of what I am currently doing in the hack.

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Woah, another remake. Good luck on this new hack bud. There seems to be alot of wuitting with these hacks, except one. I hope you suceed with your project. Don't quit! Btw, hope to see more updates and screenshots.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2007
    Wow another Gold Remake!!! There have been a lot of these remakes these days. Well hope this one turns out good like the others

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • TreeckoLv.100 said:
    Woah, another remake. Good luck on this new hack bud. There seems to be alot of quitting with these hacks, except one. I hope you suceed with your project. Don't quit! Btw, hope to see more updates and screenshots.
    I'll try my best not to, I'm going to go for it no matter what. My goal is set; revamping Johto is something that I'll never quit on. As for the updates - I'll try my best to constantly suppply this thread with updates and keep this hack alive. I appreciate the modivation. :)

Hiroshi Sotomura said:
    Interesting start.
    Watch for tileset inconsistencies. ;o
    Yeah, when it comes to tileing I'm actually a very strict and organized person in that sense. Thanks for the complement.

Pokechamp_888 said:
    Wow another Gold Remake!!! There have been a lot of these remakes these days. We'll hope this one turns out good like the others
    Me too. :D

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    These Gold/Crystal/Silver hacks just keep on coming!
    I wish you great luck but.....has one really finished?

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Apologies for the lack of updates both here and on my site. I have not been able to access my compuer for various reasons over the day so it lagged me on my mapping jobs, again, sorry. Anyways I'm finished on mapping Route 29, skipping on making events and starting to map. Once I have free time tomorrow I'll start mapping Cherrygrove City and Route 30. Expect screenshots by tomorrow or Monday. ^^

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Some screenshots of the final version of Route 29, added in a bonus screenshot of New Bark.

I've also edited backsprites of some pokemon, Totodile, for example.

Taking a rest for the rest of the day, I'll get around to Cherrygrove by tomorrow. :)

New Bark Town seems extremely blank O.O;;
    It's not exactly the biggest town in Johto. --;

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Looks good. Can't see anything wrong with them, although I would love to be a critic. ):

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I guess everyone wants to make a GSC remake, because they want to play those classics in the advance format - I have that same dream too! Well, good luck Frostbite with this GSC remake! :D I hope you're determined to finish it, and that it will be a good remake. Also, with these GSC remakes popping up nowadays, I guess you should maybe add in some new plot or events to make this remake stand out - I mean, the hack's called 'Johto Legends', and to me that suggests that the hack focuses on legendaries, and it could, but this is all up to you. ;)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Gah, lack of updates and hating it. Apologies, really. I've barley started to work on Cherrygrove, I hate mapping ocean areas. Anyways the main reason why this thread has not been reciving updates is because school. It's been a burden on me. Once Tuesday (tomorrow) is done I'm free for the following week. I'll try to work as fast and hard as I can to get a load of updates here.

I guess everyone wants to make a GSC remake, because they want to play those classics in the advance format - I have that same dream too! Well, good luck Frostbite with this GSC remake! :D I hope you're determined to finish it, and that it will be a good remake. Also, with these GSC remakes popping up nowadays, I guess you should maybe add in some new plot or events to make this remake stand out - I mean, the hack's called 'Johto Legends', and to me that suggests that the hack focuses on legendaries, and it could, but this is all up to you. ;)
    Thanks for the comment. As for making this hack uniqe I was thinking of adding the heroes from Hoenn into some select towns and making you do missions for them, much like Wattson and New Mauville. Upon completing the missions you get one of the starters from Hoenn from each hero (thinking of adding Wally also).

As for the legendary Pokemon I'll have to see about that. The Johto legendaries are already covered but unlike the other versions you can capture them both at level 40 and I'll modify thier movesets so they will know thier signature moves (Aeroblast and Sacred Fire) upon cature. Other than Suicune, I don't think that the other Johto Legandary Pokemon will have a major role in this game. I'm thinking of giving Celebi some sort of role in the game, however, that is still under spectualtion.

I'm changing some Pokémon locations, mainly the Johto Pokémon that are only found in Kanto (which dose not make any sense at all.) Slugma, Houdour, and Murkrow will all be obtainable earlier in the game. Thier locations as follows:

-- Houndour: Dark Cave (very rare)
    -- Murkrow: Ilex Forest (rare)
    -- Slugma: Route 42, Mt. Mortar (uncommon)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well Frostbite, here in Canberra, Australia, school's already out! :P Well, the idea of having missions in the game would be great, but wouldn't that be hard to script? Also, the missions can be a necessary part to get important items that will get you further in the game. In fact, the Pokemon games is basically a mission already, as you do need to fulfill things. But being rewarded Pokemon...that should come later in the game, i.e. after you beat the Elite Four once or so. The new locations are pretty good as well - oh but if only Houndour was more common (he's the best), but it's sensible to make such a good Pokemon rare. This GSC hack sounds promising. Keep up the good work Frostbite, and don't give up! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Good to know you have a lot of things planned. Do not rush if you want to make things right (look at me, I do a few rushed things and end up giving a beta with a lot of glitches...)

Anyway, as I say to everyone else that's doing a Gold Remake, you have my support!

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • this hack is coming along well it seems. I hope for a beta

But anyway I would rather have a crystal remake than a gold one since crystal was the first poke game I beat to completion and the first one I beat the elite 4 in 1 try

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back