• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
  • This shall do. It's still a WIP, so I have no scripts to show.
    jXDAym7.png

"Yet another battle facility. It's the final extra I'm working on for the next release. I have not yet done the scripts, but the events are all planned out. It's essentially an expanded Battle Institute with other challenges. The reason I am doing this is to give value to the move tutor moves I have added since they were free in the first releases. When I first stated the potential release date, I was still contemplating adding more extras, so it did not really account for the amount of time I would take on them. Comparatively, these distractions take a lot more time than normal events, but I think it's worth it."

As for other updates:
    What I have also been working on is balance, yet again. I have made sure that all of the Pokemon do not have overwhelmingly powerful moves in the beginning of their learn set. Additionally, I have devised a better system of determining trainer levels. Indeed, the system I went by in the previous versions was not too well thought--I was aiming to make it similar to Game Freak's, but slightly more challenging. Since then, I have put a new sense into these sorts of things, so hopefully it will be funner.

I have talked about this earlier, but I'll share my final decisions regarding the extra modes. The difficulty modes I have added (in-game!) are Rookie (using Game Freak sets as prototype), Moderate (smarter trainers with smarter hold items), and Elite (later trainers with EVs, some may use legendaries). Elite mode is a mess, so I will not have it as an option in the next release*. As of now, it will only affect boss trainers.
    *I'm not going to add restrictions that would block a hacker from changing to this mode, so if you *really* want to see how much of a mess it is, go and do that.

Furthermore, I have added many more move tutor moves. In total, I *think* I have created a total of 60 move tutors. If we include the edited ones, the number may be 75 now. Why so many? One of the objectives here is to let people use the 5th and 6th gen Pokemon to their best. Also, a lot of the features I have created for this project will be ported to my new region hack.

That's all I have at this time. ;)

It's not just limited to that; you will be able to find a plethora of other items. Training mode adds a very good amount of EVs to the Pokemon you go with. You will also have a chance of receiving an IV boosting item for the stat you chose to train during setup.

I'll probably end up doing that then. ^^

Thanks for probably using that^^ Your Updates are amazingly ... O.O I have no words! really. So many features to train your Pokémon, that's so awesome! :D I'll really want to play it =D
    The Screenshot looks also awesome ^^

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • 5th gen pokemons in Kanto?? This is awesome. No need to download those big POKEMON BLACK ds roms. I am going to play this right now. Will be posting my team after defeating E4 and that douchebag. :3

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • Hey bdw, i was playing the hack, i evolved ducklett into swanna at lvl35 but after evolving it went back to lvl32. I think both have difference exp gain type. You might wanna change that :)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    0RGAQHN.png
    ->
    9u4lr2P.png

Hey bdw, i was playing the hack, i evolved ducklett into swanna at lvl35 but after evolving it went back to lvl32. I think both have difference exp gain type. You might wanna change that :)

You are exactly right, it is due to a different experience gain type. Along with the Ducklett line, a few other Pokemon have this problem. This will be fixed in the next update; however, due to the large amounts of changes I have made, it will not be compatible with the version you are playing (or any other version for that matter.) I presume you are already pretty far into the game, otherwise I would have suggested to wait for the next update because it is less of a mess. :)

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • 0RGAQHN.png
    ->
    9u4lr2P.png

You are exactly right, it is due to a different experience gain type. Along with the Ducklett line, a few other Pokemon have this problem. This will be fixed in the next update; however, due to the large amounts of changes I have made, it will not be compatible with the version you are playing (or any other version for that matter.) I presume you are already pretty far into the game, otherwise I would have suggested to wait for the next update because it is less of a mess. :)

I have finished like 45% of the game, It's not a big deal but I hope my last two mons which I am planning to catch doesn't have the same exp gain problem.

EDIT :- Hey BDW how do I evolve my Lampent Into Chandelure?

Last edited:

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • I have finished like 45% of the game, It's not a big deal but I hope my last two mons which I am planning to catch doesn't have the same exp gain problem.

Are you a betatester? or are you also hacking the game with @Misteryman?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Spoiler:

Like in Firered, you are not forced to go to the Sevii Islands and complete the quests they entail.

I have finished like 45% of the game, It's not a big deal but I hope my last two mons which I am planning to catch doesn't have the same exp gain problem.

Might be too late of me, but...
    Lampent evolves by using the Dusk Stone on it. You can find the Dusk Stone in Saffron City after ending the Team Rocket invasion of Saffron City.

Are you a betatester? or are you also hacking the game with @Misteryman?

Nope. He is playing one of the first versions of the game, which can be downloaded in the first post of this thread. Since it is an older version, it only has the 5th generation Pokemon and less features. The version that needs beta testing is yet to be released.

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • How to patch it
    Download a clear Firered rom (not a hack!)
    Download Lunar IPS (http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/)

Apply IPS Patch > apply the ips file you download here at the 1st page of this thread.
    a Window pops up and you have to choose the ips file in your computer. Select it and click Enter or the Ok button.

then another window pops up and you have to choose the clear firered rom (firered rom in this case)
    Select the clean .gba rom and hit enter or click the ok button.
    You may even see Tutorial Videos about Lunar IPS in Youtube.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • @MysteryMan

There's this house south of Fushcia City on route...uhh don't remember the number, which when I enter, the screen goes black. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Can't seem to download the attachment(s). It just goes to a blank screen. I had AdBlock both on and off to test it out.

E: Didn't see the Mediafire link.

Last edited:

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Can't download ips all i can get is attachment.php file?
    Click here:
    http://download2225.mediafire.com/aipaywoqmdxg/0z22azj9aavgmrg/Pokemon+Kanto+Black+0.94.ips

I think Pop ups should be allowed, in order to download the ips file above. Disactivate Adblock Plus if you are using Firefox, Google Chrome. If it still doesn't work, try to open the file, above with Internet Explorer. But it should work with all browsers.

What you need:
    Lunar ips (search on google or here in the community)
    Fire red rom (clean) yes this hack is based from fire red, just look at the top of this site, it says Fire red.
    I believe you know how to patch, if not - there are plenty of tutorials in the pc and in google.
    I hope I could help you. :3

Back