• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: pokémon keyra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
  • Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've just been busy. I'm (attempting) to catch up on playing all the games and hacks that I didn't really have time for earlier in the year. I can start translating, but it might take awhile. I've got five games I might be Beta-Testing for, three of which are sure deals(the ones in my signature), and two others that I'm waiting on replies from the creators. Between thinking up new plot ideas, learning how to script, picking out collages, and still attempting to keep a normal/active social life, I don't really have alot of time to translate a entire game. I might be able to help, maybe translate some parts of the game, but not all of it. I just don't have the time. But, I will help when I can. Just give me some time. I still need to catch up on all the hacks I've missed playing, Code Geass, and watching more Metal Gear Awesome.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Well, sorry for the double post...
    Anybody post here :(
    -----
    Updates!
    This is the "ruta nevada", here appear the 5th gym leader, that say that don't want fight because is too bored.
    When he return to the gym? what can I do? O.o

keyra2101.png
    keyra2102.png
    keyra2103.png

Cool pics, man. So the Gym Leader is like Volkner from D/P/P huh? I wonder what will cheer him up?

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
  • When I saw the youtube videos, I thought, "Now, THAT'S how it's done."
    One of the many reasons I'm glad I took spanish at school.
    Amazing work, and don't stop anytime soon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well, I have new updates!
    Cueva destello
    cueva1.png
    cueva11.png

keyra2203.png
    keyra2204.png

Ruta 13
    keyra22a.png
    keyra22b.png

Torre Herbal
    keyra2101.png

The beta 3 are cooming soon.
    Maybe for August/September/October..

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Nice screenshots, eing! Nothing special though, because there's nothing new in the graphics and you didn't show any scripts, but that fine. Really good job with Pokémon Keyra, eing, and I wish you luck.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Okay, to make it official, I have started translating the hack. I was asked to do it a while ago, but I didn't really have much time. Now that things have slown down for me, I'll get to work on it. I'm currently translating the beta on the first page. You'll have to forgive me if I get a few words wrong. Spanish isn't my native tounge, so I'm using a translator. For some of the sentences, the translator couldn't figure out exactly what you were going for, so I took a shot at it. I may not know much spanish, but I know just enough to barely get by. At some ares, where I felt that the text could be better, I fixed it up. For future references, I named the ingame character "Arcelio". I'm almost done translating th entire "Professor Oak" scene. And uh...quick question. Do I have to translate the text that appears when you get an item? Cause if I do, you might as well find somebody else to do that. I'll do the main script, and maybe some NPC's, and battle dialogue, but that's about it. I also don;t plan on translating the attacks, since that would literally take away all my free time. In some parts of the translation, I got literally completely lost. I didn't know what the word meant, and neither did the translator. I just typed that into the document, to let you know. I may not be the best translator, but I don't see anybody else doing it. This is as far as I've gotten so far.

(Spanish) Hola, soy el professor Oak.
    (English) Hello. It's me, Professor Oak.
    (Spanish) Bienvenido al mundo pokemon
    (English) Welcome to the world of Pokemon.
    (Spanish) En tu aventura…
    (English) On your adventure…
    (Spanish) Te encarminaras por la region de Keyra.
    (English) You will travel the region of Keyra.
    (Spanish) Eh! No Salgas!
    (English) Hey! Don't leave!
    (Spanish) Bueno ya nada.
    (English) Better than nothing.
    (Spanish) Volviendo al tema, te aventuraras para detener la rebellion.
    (English) Returning to the subject, I venture to stop the rebellion.
    (Spanish) Que esta pasando aqui?
    (English) What is happening here?
    (Spanish) Muchos entrenadores estan abandononado sus pokemon, porque se han rebelando.
    (English) Many trainers are abandoning their pokemon, because they are rebelling.
    (Spanish) Tu mision es detenerlos y ganae la liga oficial de Keyra.
    (English) Your mission is to win the Official Pokemon League Challenge.
    (Spanish) Pero tambein, has de averiguar a que se debe esta rebelion.
    (English) But also, you have to find out the reason for the rebellion.
    (Spanish) Lo haria yo?
    (English) What can I do?
    (Spanish) Pero estoy muy viejo para esos trotes.
    (English) I am too old for such troubles.
    (Spanish) Si hubiera sido en mi epoca de yogurin. Ya lo habria hecho.
    (English) If it had been in my younger yearsm I would have done it myself.
    (Spanish) Pero no lo es.
    (English) But I cannot.
    (Spanish) Y tu eres?
    (English) Who are you?
    (Spanish) Un chico? O una chica?
    (English) A boy? Or a girl?
    (Spanish) Vale! Y te llamas?
    (English) Ok! And your name?
    (Spanish) Eres Arcelio?
    (English) You are Arcelio?
    (Spanish) Ah si!
    (English) Ah yes!
    (Spanish) Ya te recuerdo, eres el vecino de Pueblo Rocoso.
    (English) I remember! You're from the neighboring village, Pueblo Rocoso.
    (Spanish)Si!
    (English) Yes!
    (Spanish) Vale, estas listo?
    (English) Okay, are you ready?
    (Spanish) Tu propia aventura, esta apunto de empezar.
    (English) Your own adventure is about to begin.
    (Spanish) Despues de despertarte, baja al salon.
    (English) After you wake up, get off the salon.
    (Spanish) Tu madre te dira lo que has de hacer.
    (English) Your mother will tell you what you need to do next.

(Spanish) Pero y esto que es? Luvia en un desierto como este?
    (English) But, what is going on? Rain in a desert like this?
    (Spanish) Nos ataca un pokemon.
    (English) We got attacked by a pokemon!
    (Spanish) Ah, dejanos pascar.
    I literally couldn't figure out what the hell this was supposed to be. I looked for the translation everywhere, but I'm still lost.
    (Spanish) Eh? Porque correis tanto?
    (English) Eh? Why are you both running?
    (Spanish) Nos ataca un pokemon!
    (English) We attacked a pokemon!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • (Spanish) Ah, dejanos pascar.
    I literally couldn't figure out what the hell this was supposed to be. I looked for the translation everywhere, but I'm still lost.

Well, my guess for this line should be: Ah, let's get out then!

(English) If it had been in my younger yearsm I would have done it myself.

This text could be improved a bit: If I am younger, I would have done it myself.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Damn. Harsh critisms from people over a few grammar errors. Spanish ain't my first language people. The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm bored, I want to eventually play this game in english, and translator is somthing I can add to my list of jobs. It's not like I'm not trying people. Spanish words can have different meanings depending on the type of spanish. I have to sift through the words figuring out what makes sense, then re-write the text so that it'll make sense in english, and then repeat the process all the way through the end of the game.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Damn. Harsh critisms from people over a few grammar errors. Spanish ain't my first language people. The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm bored, I want to eventually play this game in english, and translator is somthing I can add to my list of jobs. It's not like I'm not trying people. Spanish words can have different meanings depending on the type of spanish. I have to sift through the words figuring out what makes sense, then re-write the text so that it'll make sense in english, and then repeat the process all the way through the end of the game.
    The critisism you're receiving over the grammar errors aren't harsh. They're critisism. They're corrections. We all want to play this game in English, and we're glad that you're taking the time to translate it for the sake of the public.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Actually, that doesn't make much grammatical sense. It would be "If I was younger, I'd have done it myself." I added "I'd" to shorten it up a bit. Or you might want to change it to "would've."

Ahh yes, Past Tense. Thanks, Vesper.

Well, my guess for this line should be: Ah, let's get out then!

Well, my guess is wrong. I have another guess. "Ahh! Help!" Well, Vesper, can you tell me if it's correct or not?

Well, I translated other bits of the Hack, as you see that Arcelio doesn't have a lot of free time. I will correct the Grammar Mistakes as well.

~Desert~
    (Spanish)Explorers: Que normalmente es bueno con los humanos.
    (English) Explorers: That Pokemon is noramally good with the humans.
    (Spanish)Explorers: iSe ha rebelado!
    (English) Explorers: But now, it's rebelling us!
    (Spanish)Explorers: Nunca habita atacado.
    (English) Explorers: That Pokemon never attacked anyone.
    (Spanish)Player: Mmm... supongo que sera el causante de esta lluvia.
    (English) Player: Hmm... I suppose that is cause of why the desert is raining.
    (Spanish)Explorers: Bueno dejanos pascar tenemos que huir.
    (English) Explorers: Good, for heaven's sake, we must escape!
    (Spanish)Explorers: Y tu mejor que hagas lo mismo.
    (English) Explorers: And for you, you should escape as well.
    (Spanish)Player: Hum y ahora la lulliva esta apretando y caen rayos y truenos...
    (English) Player: Hmm... and now the rain heavier and the Thunder is louder....
    (Spanish)Player: Mejor hechar un vistazo desde aqui.
    (English) Player: Well, it's best to take a look at the Pokemon who is out of control in here.
    (Spanish)Player: iOh, el culpable de la lluvia es ese Suicune!
    (English) Player: Oh, so the Pokemon who is causing rain is Suicune!
    (Spanish)Player: Y ahora nieva? Mmm... mejor que vaga a por el antes de que empeore la situacion y se rebelen mas Pokemons.
    (English)Player: And now it's snowing? Suicune's situation is worsening quicker than I thought! (Well, I am not sure about this one, it's mainly just a guess...)
    (Spanish)Player: Ahora te vas a enterar Suicune se te quitaran las ganas de rebelarte contra la gente.
    (English)Player: Now I'm going to find out why Suicune is rebelling against people.

~Home~
    (Spanish)Player: Hmm... al parecer eso del desierto, del Suicune y de la rebelion solo era un sueno...
    (English)Player: Hmm.... so apparently that incident in the desert and the rebellion is just a dream...
    (Spanish)Player: Bueno vamos a poner el reloj en hara y ver la tele un rato.
    (English)Player: Good, now I'm going to set up the Clock.
    (Spanish)Player: Y ahora. A ver la TV.
    (English)Player: And now, I'm going to watch TV.
    (Spanish)Player: iWoo estan dando una batalla entre dos aspirantes a ganar el torneo de Sinnoh!
    (English)Player: Wow! It's double battle flimed in Sinnoh!
    (Spanish)Reporter: Lo sentimos, interrumpimos la emision de la batalla, para informaros de una noticia de ultima hora.
    (English)Reporter: Sorry for the interruption, but we have some breaking news to share with you.
    (Spanish)Reporter: Y es que los Pokemon de la region de Keyra se estan rebelando.
    (English)Reporter: The Pokemon in the region Keyra are rebelling!
    (Spanish)Reporter: Repito se estan rebelando contra la gente.
    (English)Reporter: I repeat, the Pokemon in the Region Keyra are rebelling against people!
    (Spanish)Reporter: Todavia no se sabe el porque pero hay indicios de que sea por culpa de Darkrai.
    (English)Reporter: It is known that the cause of rebellion is caused by a Pokemon called Darkrai.
    (Spanish)Reporter: Seguiremos informados.
    (English)Reporter: We will follow the informed Data from Darkrai. Good bye for now.
    (Spanish)Player: Bueno mejor dejar de ver la tele y vajar al comedor.
    (English)Player: Good, I better go to the dining room for now.
    (Spanish)Player: Luego ire a ver a Oak que me acuerdo que me dijo que hoy me daria mi prima Pokemon.
    (English)Player: Then, I'll go to Professor Oak's Lab to get a Pokemon so that I can follow Darkrai.

Ok, I'll stop for now. I'll translate later. Tell me if there are any mistakes.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Well, my guess is wrong. I have another guess. "Ahh! Help!" Well, Vesper, can you tell me if it's correct or not?
    I'm not so sure about this one. I'm not even sure if eing himself is correct. I couldn't find any word that was "pascar" in Spanish, so I was guessing that he meant "pasar," which is translated as "pass." The rest of the sentence is translated as "Oh, you leave us pascar," so I guess that it would mean something like "Let us pass."

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Well, I edited my post. There's a looooooooong translation in it. If something's wrong in my translation, tell me. I'll be pleased.

And now, more translation time!!
    Translator used: Babelfish (Wow, I just realized that it's way better than Google Translator)

~Home~
    (Spanish) Mama: iA ya te has despertado!
    (English) Mama: So you woke up already?
    (Spanish) Mama: Bueno, oak dijo que fueses a su laboratorio , ves alli.
    (English) Mama: Good, because Professor Oak is waiting for you in his lab.

~Rock Town~
    (Spanish) Signpost in front of Player's House: Case de Player
    (English) Signpost in front of Player's House: Player's House

(Spanish) Fat Guy in front of Signpost: iHola! Player, vero que hoy recibiras tu Pokemon.
    (English) Fat Guy in front of Signpost: Hi! Player, today you will receive your Pokemon from Professor Oak.
    (Spanish)Fat Guy in front of Signpost: Verdad?
    (English)Fat Guy in front of Signpost: Well, is that true?
    (Spanish)Player: Si, es cierto.
    (English)Player: Yes, it's true.
    (Spanish)Signpost in front of Neighbour's House: Casa del vecino.
    (English)Signpost in front of Neighbour's House: Neighbour's House.

~Inside of Neighbour's House~
    (Spanish)Neighbour: ...
    Player: Es muda, pobrecilla.
    (English)Neighbour: ...
    Player: She's dumb, because she isn't saying anything. (I'm not sure about this one either.)

~Rock Town~
    (Spanish)Signpost in the middle of the Town: Pueblo Rocoso "Un lugar repleto de Rocas...."
    (English)Signpost in the middle of the Town: Rock Town "A place which is filled with Rocks..."

(Spanish)Officer: Lo siento, no puedes pasar sin ningun Pokemon en tu equipo, ya que si no te atacaran los Pokemon salvajes.
    (English)Officer: You cannot go any further unless you have a Pokemon in the Party because wild Pokemon can attack you any time.

(Spanish)Youngster: Oak te esta esperando, no le hagas esperar o se enfadara mucho.
    (English)Youngster: Oak is waiting, don't keep him waiting for too long or he'll be upset.
    (Spanish)Player: De verdad?
    (English)Player: Really?
    (Spanish)Youngster: No, de mentira jeje.
    (English)Youngster: Nope, it's a lie.
    (Spanish)Player: Pues no hace gracia tio.
    (English)Player: It's not funny... (I'm not sure if it's correct or not.)

(Spanish)Signpost in front of Professor Oak's lab: Laboratorio de Oak
    (English)Signpost in front of Professor Oak's lab: Professor Oak's Lab

~Professor Oak's Lab~
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak: Hola Player, ya has venido. Tu madre te dijo que vinieras aqui al laboratorio para que te entregue tu Pokemon. Bueno, ya que estas aqui, te lo dare. Esta en esa mesa, cojelo.
    (English)Prof Oak: Hello Player, so you've arrived here, huh? Your Mother said that you would come here to get your first Pokemon. Good, since you came here, here's your first Pokemon. The Pokeball that contains the Pokemon is over there. Go ahead, take it!
    (Spanish)Player: A mi Primer Pokemon! iSi!
    (English)Player: Yes! My first Pokemon!
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak: Bueno ahora que ya tienes tu Pokemon, tu aventura puede comenzar. Pasatelo bien, haz muchos amigos y consigue ser el campeon de la liga de Keyra. iSuerte! Cuento contigo.
    (English)Prof. Oak: Good. Now you have your first Pokemon, you can start your Adventure. Well, with your skills, I assume that you can be the champion of Keyra. Good luck! You story has just begun!

If I talk to the Professor again....
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak: El Pokemon que te dado es un Riolu. Un Pokemon tipo lucha. Es muy fuerte, asi que cuidalo bien.
    (English)Prof. Oak: The Pokemon that is given to you is Riolu. It is a Fighting Type Pokemon. It's kinda strong, so be careful when raising it.

If you talk to the assistant, here is what you get:
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: Hola Player!
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: Hello Player!
    (Spanish)Player: Hola ayudante, que haces?
    (English)Player: Hello Prof. Oak's assistant, are you inventing something?
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: Nah... aqui creando nuevos chismes aparatos... etc.
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: Nah.... I'm just making some new gadgets... etc.
    (Spanish)Player: Si te molesto me voy eh?
    (English)Player: Did I bother you?
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: Nah, no molestas. Bueno, te voi a explicar para que es la Pokedex. Sirve para registrar a todos los Pokemon que veas y captures con las Pokeballs. Bueno, eso es el funcionamiento de la Pokedex. Nada mas que decir.
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: Nah, you didn't. And now, I will tell you the funtions of this High Tech Invention - the Pokedex. The Pokedex will register every single Pokemon you see. And after you catch a Pokemon, it will register the Pokemon data/daily activites, etc. That's the funtions of the Pokedex. If you have futher questions, I'm your guide to this High Tech Invention!

If you try to leave the lab, a script will occur. Well, I'll keave the rest to the translator:
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: iEh espera!
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: Wait!
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: Bueno, ya que te vas de viaje, te tendre que dar mi ultimo invento. Es una enciclopedia Pokemon, que registar a todos los Pokemon que hayas visto. Bueno tomala. *iRecibiste la Pokedex!* Bueno ahora que la tienes ya puendes enprender tu viaje. iSuerte!
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: Well, since you're going on a Pokemon adventure, I'm going to give you this High Tech Invention before you leave. Guess what it is? It's a encyclopedia which registers all of the Pokemon you have seen. Bueno tomala. (I dunno what this is.) *Obainted the Pokedex!* Good. Now you are ready for your Pokemon adventure. Good luck!

If you talk to the assistant again, here's what you get:
    (Spanish)Prof. Oak's assistant: No tengo nada mas que decirte. Solo una cosa. Ten mucha suerte. Y ven de vez cuando a visitarnos y nos cuentas algo bonito.
    (English)Prof. Oak's assistant: I don't have any more Pokedexs. I only have something to tell you. I wish you good luck. And if you have time, please visit us.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll translate more later on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Can you not post the translations here in the thread? You can send them to eing15 by PM or something else.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Somebody PLEASE translate this poor kids rom. From what I understood of his story spoilers, this is truly original! I eagerly await the english release (since I failed spanish four years in a row)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back