• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 14, 2014
hello a question until chapter is the version 1.1 because I can not go to Chapter 6 anyone can help me ?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I thought the catch rate was supposed to e raised in this update? I still go through every pokeball I got and can't catch so much as one ralts, a pichu, or Munchlax, and those were made to be early game pokemon. All early game pokemon should be easy to catch, if you aren't going to alter catch rates then the pokemon you get should be changed entirely to prevent the headache of having to reset over and over to try again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2019
This Game is so great ! Can't wait until the next update. Oh and is it possible to get a Lapras yet? That's my fav. pokemon ever. Just wanted to know. Thanks :D

AlbGallagher

Had an argue with his waifu.
Years
Okay Wacky, there are some things that you might want to read.
So I cleared Salt Spray City and there are some "bugs" or something that really surprised me. Or not at all.

Well, first is the bike. They give you the bike if you pay "x" price. But, however, even if you don't have enough money, answer "yes" and you'll get it. Kinda strange. I had half of the money and then I got the bike and my bucket to 0.

Second is the move Final Gambit. I've only tried it on my two Staraptors. The point is that the move will make your HP to 0. But actually, it doesn't.

Another move is Sucker Punch, it's supposed to work when the opponent is going to attack you, but it looks that you can hit whenever you want with it.

And that's all of the weird things I found.

Anyway, nice city. It's so big and... Well... Such an epic battle down the Lapras Lounge. I went back to Orre today.

Edit: Thanks to your events I have two Staraptors, right. But two Magnetons too. Lol.

Last edited:
Years
Hello !
I discovered the game there are 3 days and i really liked the demo. Now im waiting for the following but i tried to find all the hidden things that i could. I actually found 2 legendaries and the master ball but i may be missed something.
I post it to indicate a lack of rigor in the mapping, a little weird thing and to complain (hell yes i'll cry here !{XD} ) about the slow scrolling text and the slow phase changing (especially in combat when we have to change of pokemon).

In fact, at the right of the lighthouse in the Ironside village, if you use surf to the north, you see black texture.
I found a weird thing in the same place, the pokemon found there was +/- lvl 60 (my main pokemon level) while it was level +/- 30 when i passed there last time (my main pokemon level) (that applies to Krabby and Kingler in the maze and for the pokemons found in the water to the north) PS: I would like to know if this is scripted to meet a shiny Kingler in the maze or if im just lucky. :)

I thought the speed of the text scrolling was really slow even with the fastest scrolling option. This might make the game boring during the repetitive phase like when you lose in an arena or when you train your pokemons. Idem for the phase changing.

I really liked your game so i you were interested by a free french translation, this'd be a pleasure to make it for you. Just need to ask. {:3}

AlbGallagher

Years
Hello !
I actually found 2 legendaries and the master ball but i may be missed something.

Well, I actually found 1 and it was a waste of time because I didn't have the luck to catch it. :__)

In fact, I was interested in a spanish translation too. When all the project is done you could ask me for it, Wacky.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Hello :)

First of all, I've played this game for about 20 hours and I find it really great! I am not really an expert of fan made pokemons games, but this one is truly nice, because I love the idea of a championship, the pokemons we can get are varied, characters have their own personnality, graphics are really nice, it's not easy at all, etc :)

I've found some bugs and things that you can maybe fix:

- When we are surfing and are one step higher than a tree, rock, etc the pokemon "cuts" it: noelshack:com/2014-51-1418869371-legends-of-the-arena-bug-1.png (replace the ":" by "." before the "com", I can't add link for now^^)

-It could be nice to be able to change the keys as we want

-Is it normal that I found only 3 treasures maps? I've searched almost everywhere, can't find the fourth one^^

-Maybe, if you can do that, adding some animations when we attack could be really nice

-You could add a "quest journal", a note page or something like this, just so that we remember who asked us something, who sell particular things, what are we supposed to go in the main quest. (I know that's not really in the personality of pokemon games, but it would be really useful I think)

-Like that I have anything more to say, but when I find something, I'll let you know :p

Two personal questions: when we have the surf HM, can we continue the aventure or is it the end of the demo? If I download a new demo, are all my saves deleted?

Last thing, if you want a french translator I can do it with pleasure! :D (and sorry for my bad english, I hope that you've understood everything^^)

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hi guys, thanks for all the bug reporting, I'll get those fixed ASAP for the next update.

As for different language translations, I'll definitely consider it. I can't help but wonder if some of the jokes and references might be lost in translation, and I think it would be a lot of work, but I'll consider it nevertheless :)

Two personal questions: when we have the surf HM, can we continue the aventure or is it the end of the demo? If I download a new demo, are all my saves deleted?
I'm afraid that the Surf HM marks the end of the current demo. But don't worry, your saves should exist in the Saved Games folder, and it definitely will be possible to carry them on to the next update.

Years
I can't help but wonder if some of the jokes and references might be lost in translation, and I think it would be a lot of work

Actually, while i was playing, I was wondering which french sentence might replace the english one and I had no real problems to do that. It would take a lot of time of course but your game really deserves it ! ;)

AlbGallagher

Years
No doubt it is another language but the meaning is the same right?
I was thinking the same as Shyngan but I didn't know how to say. (?)

mathue9

Why am I here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
Just wanna say amazing game!!! Finally finished up to the end of the demo but I missed the apparent legendaries so I'll be looking for those now:).

I found a few bug relating to Surfing (I stood in front of a boat and the surf option came up and I don't think its supposed to:P).

Also I found all 4 treasure map pieces but when I select the map from the key items pocket the option to view it isn't there. Though I found the X mark on the map and claimed the treasure but it took awhile.

Ill post if I find anything else.
Great story, great characters, great game! Can't wait for the next version.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
Hi! Absolutely adore the game so far. I was just wondering if squirtle or eevee is anywhere in the game? Blastoise and vaporeon are my favorite water types.

Years
Hello, I've just finished the new demo and it's great, particularly the Lapras Lounge scene :).
I'm wondering if you can evolve Nosepass yet...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
Hey WackyTurtle ! Thanks bro' for your job ! its very amazing your game, ans its a pleasure to play ! it's only been four days that i play and i love it !
i have some question for you: 1) After beating Max at Marsch Town, is it the end of demo ?
2) if no, what we supposed to do ? because i'm blocked after Max battle !

ps: Sorry for misspelling, i'm not good in english i'm French :)

Years
Yep, you can. Give Nosepass the Metal Coat and it'll evolve when it levels up.

A complete list of the changed evolutions can be found here.

Thanks for the info but I didn't find any metal coat yet, did I miss one ?

slk95 said:
1) After beating Max at Marsch Town, is it the end of demo ?
2) if no, what we supposed to do ? because i'm blocked after Max battle !

It's nearly the end, you can get Surf from the Captain at the entrance of Marsh Town which allows you to explore a few hidden places. You're supposed to surf north of Salt Spring City but some Wailmers block the way, telling you it's the end of the demo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
okay thanks Jean mi, I didn't found the metal coat too.. But I found other stuff to evolve some pokemon! And I found 2 legendary pokemon and the masterball and thanks to WackyTurtle, I catched swampert.
For the next demo can u put charizard please :P

Years
I'm making progress, I found a metal coat, the problem is that my Nosepass still won't evolve when I level it up while wielding the metal coat :(.

Back