• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.3%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.8%
  • Winter

Votes: 227 41.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Holy crap I just saw the progress bar! I can't believe a beta is almost out already! Good job guys! :O!!!!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Watched the exclusive premiere. Looks great. I can't wait to play this hack myself. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • just doing the beyonc? and releasing things randomly

Alpha 1 Download Link

Pok?mon: LIFE Verion Alpha 1
    Release: 20/10/2015
    Please read the ReadMe.txt before reporting any bugs.

have fun!​

Many thanks to Tcoppy, Danny230948578 and Nex for testing the hell out of it ^_^
    obs: this is not the Beta I was talking about (that goes until the first gym). It ends a little bit before entering the gym's city

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Yay alphas! I played it and it was really nice. But i found a bug. After your first battle with Benga when you leave the hidden grotto, i walked to the left and got stuck there. That's probably not good. Also, in Gogoat Ranch, there is a walkthrough sign. And there is a movement permission error on Gogoat Ranch if you ride the Gogoat up a ledge to get a secret Great Ball. Hope i helped find sum bugs! I tried my best to tear this hack apart, even though i have just gotten started.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    just doing the beyonc? and releasing things randomly

Alpha 1 Download Link

Pok?mon: LIFE Verion Alpha 1
    Release: 20/10/2015
    Please read the ReadMe.txt before reporting any bugs.

have fun!​

Many thanks to Tcoppy, Danny230948578 and Nex for testing the hell out of it ^_^
    obs: this is not the Beta I was talking about (that goes until the first gym). It ends a little bit before entering the gym's city
    Wow 10 minutes into the game and I am already loving it. Keep up the good work! This is a good beginning. :)

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • Yay alphas! I played it and it was really nice. But i found a bug. After your first battle with Benga when you leave the hidden grotto, i walked to the left and got stuck there. That's probably not good. Also, in Gogoat Ranch, there is a walkthrough sign. And there is a movement permission error on Gogoat Ranch if you ride the Gogoat up a ledge to get a secret Great Ball. Hope i helped find sum bugs! I tried my best to tear this hack apart, even though i have just gotten started.

The download link was updated, these bugs are now fixed!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I must thank Ben for the info about the download, and I must thank Deus/Dionen for a much anticipated alpha. Good luck with the rest of the project, Dionen!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • This game is amazing!!! Just downloaded and can't wait to play!! So excited!! Love the customization you did that really set it apart!!

LOVE IT!!!

Cosmic

JUKAI 2.0, BABY
    Years
  • I didn't watch the video yet, because I didn't want to spoil anything. I'm gonna try it for myself.
    couldn't quote the reveal post since I havent posted 5 times yet, kek

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    i didnt watch the video so idk
    is the end of alpha after you get out from the ship cause i freezing after i get out from the deck , and the ship being in half
    hope i can post the picture but i dunno how to do so
    btw good job with the game , the graphic is amazing , the animation is great : one word WOW

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • i didnt watch the video so idk
    is the end of alpha after you get out from the ship cause i freezing after i get out from the deck , and the ship being in half
    btw good job with the game , the graphic is amazing , the animation is great : one word WOW
    Just fixed this!
    new link on the first post

This was a gamebreaking bug. If you downloaded or played previous versions, you should update to this new one.

Last edited:

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • Alpha is up! Yay! I may try to do a series, it's going to be difficult because I would be using my iPhone for commentary.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • Hey!
    Great hack so far.
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but the charizard cry is still on the title screen on load.

Other than that, so far so good.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Hello everyone, quick announcement!
    On PC's Official Youtube channel, we've gotten to play Pok?mon LIFE a little bit early to show you guys the game!

Check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0nxYkMhKk

Be sure to give the video a Like if you enjoy! And stay subscribed for more content. Thanks so much to Deus for allowing us to play.

That's great. I'm glad to see you making videos on up and coming hacks! I guess this is what you said I should be excited for. While it's not as good as having an OP Pokemon named after you It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Thanks!

i didnt watch the video so idk

Ha! Peasants, I've learned from other "early alpha" releases *cough* PRPB *cough* that early alphas are riddled with bugs. The smart man stands back for a day and lets the workers find the bugs, then plays the fixed version.
    Not saying Life is riddled with them :P

For the Alpha itself, I haven't gotten around to playing it at all, though I did watch the promotional video. It's as good as I expected it to be. I'll start off with the, in my opinion parts (aka a nice way to say things I disliked):
    - Fix the grass animation from the default FR animation to another one (it doesn't fit those tiles imo).
    - When I originally saw the background mockup that you made, I was quite excited because I thought you had managed to insert a 256 colored BG into the background (that would've been amazing!), turns out it needed to have it's colors reduced, dang. Unfortunately, the result of the color reduction makes it look a little pixelated. It might've been Youtube though, idk.
    - I can't believe you used a map and weather to create that still image cut-scene! Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy! (OK I did it too in Pokemon 4ever's hack off, but I was lazy, you, you're not lazy!).

Stuff I liked:
    - Nice graphics and customized sprites!
    - I really liked the animating frames for the Pokemon OAMs, it was neat!
    - The NPCs moving while monologue-ing was awesome! I thought it made it feel more natural, and the long text sequences went unnoticed, largely thanks to this implementation :)
    - OAM movement in the overworld. Awesome, stuff move. Moving stuff is nice, it adds (for lack of a better word), life to the otherwise standstill world.
    - Gogoat looks fun and nicely done. I'm glad you didn't replace the bike (looks like an OW swap) :D

Back